Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Gray

FH is my second home
He should have come to us at the beginning of the season but Solly gave him all the promises in the world and nothing at all changed for him. I thought Palace would have been the ones to get him in fairness, considering they had more time and I hear he's actually son-in-law to Denis Bergkamp or something, so he had some sway with Viera.

We haven't had much luck with Ajax-stars, what with Klassen not working out for us even though he was a star for Ajax. He might just fit in nicely considering Doucoure is crocked again.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Lampard to Everton confirmed. Mixed CV so far so interested to see how he goes. Seems a weird appointment for a club that appears to be in dire straits.

I see that Spurs finally managed to sign someone. A player so highly rated that Juve insisted on a mandatory purchase before they would let him go on loan lol.

Newcastle still need a couple of players if they want to survive. Dan Burn on his way there but he is not much better than a championship player imo. They've signed this Bruno fella but I don't know much about him. Lyon hardly been setting the world alight the last few years.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I see that Spurs finally managed to sign someone. A player so highly rated that Juve insisted on a mandatory purchase before they would let him go on loan lol.
Pfft, shut your face. In this climate, loans with obligation to buy are just a financial dance and there are conditions attached to the obligation (Champions League quali being one according to Romano). If you really wanted to have a dig you'd bring up the non-league player who "turned Spurs down" yesterday (which is pure, unadulterated bullshit but makes for wonderful banter opportunities).

Also, speaking of Lyon, it looks like Ndombele is going back there on loan, which is weird.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Not convinced about that. Spurs wanted a non-mandatory purchase clause and Juve insisted on mandatory.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
True but it sounds like they settled on a "quasi-mandatory" clause that looks a bit more like an option. Kulusevski's no slouch though, Bayern were looking at him at the start of the window. And we also bought Bentancur from Juve and apparently underpaid for him because there's a sell-on clause with his previous club so we paid a bit more for Kulusevski to make it more palatable for Juve. No idea. It's all murky but Paratici left on good terms and him and (more importantly) Conte want the players so we'll just see how it goes.

Gray

FH is my second home
Glad to see it finally concluded, even though it's been known for 3-4 days so far. Typical delay that you would otherwise expect.

Seems Dunc has left the club, sad to see him go I guess but he's been there waiting in the wings for several years and pretty much overseen all the past manager failures since Moyes, have to wonder where he may end up now.

All I know is with Lampard arriving, it could well be the last chance saloon. We need results, and immediately. Hopefully the team have perked up because we're going to have a difficult match with Newcastle... Moreso because the last time out in Geordieland when fans where in the stadium they absolutely slaughtered Pickford and got in his head. Hopefully being two years, he's found a way to blank them.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
All I know is with Lampard arriving, it could well be the last chance saloon. We need results, and immediately. Hopefully the team have perked up because we're going to have a difficult match with Newcastle... Moreso because the last time out in Geordieland when fans where in the stadium they absolutely slaughtered Pickford and got in his head. Hopefully being two years, he's found a way to blank them.

No club is too big to go down, but... It does just feel like Everton are too big to go down and it'll sort itself out come season end.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I know Eriksen's fine to play and they wouldn't allow him to if he wasn't and they'll be monitoring him obsessively but I'll still be nervous every time I see him.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In other what the fuck is wrong with football news....

You never make an off-colour joke in your life, in private, with your mates? (Or maybe even in public - in a pub?)

They never laugh and go "you can't say that!!"? 🤦 - and, of course, everyone knows you don't think that and you're only saying it to get a rise out of them?

I know I do. I recall repeating a (I think a Jimmy Carr) joke one christmas describing rape as a "struggle cuddle" in front of the family.

Interestingly I think the older women laughed the hardest whereas my nieces were horrified. But they were told to shut up by their mum and dad because it was clearly a joke and not to take it seriously.

At no point since did they say I wasn't safe around women, that I am a rape apologist and that I'm unsuitable for any jobs, thank god.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I remember that time I suggested to my mates a couple of weeks ago that we kidnap a girl and gang-rape her. Fuck me how we all laughed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I remember that time I suggested to my mates a couple of weeks ago that we kidnap a girl and gang-rape her. Fuck me how we all laughed.
You might not find the joke funny. I don't personally myself.

But does the fact we find some jokes unfunny mean we should be arbiters of who gets jobs?

Should the police get involved maybe? Maybe the police can decide whether we're allowed to find it funny? And if not - make sure people are barred from getting jobs?

Or maybe we can put every joke to a vote - and if 50% of people don't find it funny we can put a mark on someone's card and then if they get three strikes then they get the sack?

I'm converted m8. Unfunny jokes are definitely one mechanism to rate whether people should be allowed to have jobs.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yes I think it's fine to judge a person's character by the shit that comes out of their mouth.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Let's be honest here.

We all make stupid jokes all the time which aren't appropriate.

The problem here is A. jokes being told in a public area (or you're telling them to people you shouldn't trust) and B. Working in a place where you should be above those things.

Again, this isn't new, it's just that people are stupid enough to leave a trace of their actions all over the place (mainly tinterwebs).

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Let's be honest here.

We all make stupid jokes all the time which aren't appropriate.

The problem here is A. jokes being told in a public area (or you're telling them to people you shouldn't trust) and B. Working in a place where you should be above those things.

Again, this isn't new, it's just that people are stupid enough to leave a trace of their actions all over the place (mainly tinterwebs).
Agreed. There are certain professional standards expected in a workplace. His job is not stand-up comedian. If I was interviewing someone and they came out with something like this obviously I wouldn't hire them, because only a cunt would make a joke like this. Not sure why that changes once they've been hired.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Also what about the flip side?

Nobody joins the team and defo no kids (or lots less) clearly damaging to the club and it's reputation but we can't do anything about it...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes I think it's fine to judge a person's character by the shit that comes out of their mouth.
I agree with this point 100% - but that's not what we're discussing. We're discussing "I think it's fine to prevent people getting jobs when I personally find their jokes unfunny".

There's a difference between your freedom to think someone's a cunt and a twitter mob demanding someone shouldn't be able to get a job because SOME people on twitter find jokes unfunny.

This was a private joke amongst friends. (Unless you're now saying it's not OK to be friends with people at work and we're not allowed to joke with people at work, even if it's really obviously a joke? Because that's a fucking shit world to live in).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
People shouldn't have to hide constantly just in case someone takes a private conversation and makes it public.

It's all our duty to realise that people make jokes - and even if we find those jokes really unfunny realise that they're fucking jokes - said in private, and jokes don't really have a bearing on your professional ability.

Unless you think the "struggle cuddle" joke I repeated about rape makes me a horrible disgraceful person who should be unable to continue in my job?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Context is important Scouse, If i made a joke like that at work i would probably get fired

He wasn't with his mates in a pub be was with his staff.

If i was interviewing someone and a member of my team pulled me aside and said "hey that guy you are interviewing has made some jokes in workplace, he had to quit his last job because of it. im not happy at idea of working with him" i would in 99.99% of cases drop the person like a hot potato

Considering the joke, the fact that he publicly resigned because of it, to then put him in charge of a womens team... Feels a bit tone deaf, fans arent happy, how about the players?

Are there really no other available coaches?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
@Gray... You've got Alli, Dele Alli.
A man publicly dragged over the hot coals by his boss in a documentary because of his lack of effort and application. Just the man you need to spend £40m on for a relegation scrap. Beggars belief.

Gray

FH is my second home
So something like £10m raising to £30m'ish, that's an awful lot of money for a team pushing up against the FFP, will this mean come the summer window we're going to have nothing to spend...

He won't have been in my consideration at all, especially as with that surprisingly large price tag he's no doubt got a large pay packet each week. If this ends up like Iwobi it'll be frustrating.

We need defence improvements, now we seem to be flooded with attackers

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
"Following enquiries so far, he has since been further arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and threats to kill."

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
At this rate, he might well end up on remand. For his own safety, if nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom