Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I find it a little rich (hah!) that clubs owned by the deputy prime minister of Qatar, and by Russian billionaire who was governor of a Russian province at the time of his takeover are complaining about the idea that a group owned by Saudi gov is taking over Newcastle

Is their beef with saudis or their financial clout?

Embattle

FH is my second home
I find it a little rich (hah!) that clubs owned by the deputy prime minister of Qatar, and by Russian billionaire who was governor of a Russian province at the time of his takeover are complaining about the idea that a group owned by Saudi gov is taking over Newcastle

I don't believe they are exactly the same.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
There well by some shysters in the Premier league owners club...but actual murdering scumbags is brand new.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Let's be honest, the 'consortiums' that own most PL (and other big global clubs) obviously are going to have very dodgy people in their ranks, but it'll all be brushed over and ignored simply because there's too much money in football.

The Saudis owning Newcastle won't much make of a difference either, after all, they're our friends, and we're more than happy to sell them bombs to drop on Yemen, so why would we care about the political implications of football?

In other news, lots of Derby fans are wanting Mike Ashley to buy the club, luls.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

It's beef with the ownership tests. How many millions do you think it took to convince the PL that the PIF, which is the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia, whose chairman is Mohammed Bin Salman the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, is not actually a branch of the Saudi Arabian Royal Family/Ruling Body?

The whole thing is a joke.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
In other news, lots of Derby fans are wanting Mike Ashley to buy the club, luls.

There are a lot of worse owners out there than Mike Ashley. The reason Newcastle were such an attractive club to purchase was because they had no debt & no loans. He didn't put much money in for transfers, but he ran the club as a business and fairly successfully. He is a bit of a bell mind.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's beef with the ownership tests. How many millions do you think it took to convince the PL that the PIF, which is the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia, whose chairman is Mohammed Bin Salman the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, is not actually a branch of the Saudi Arabian Royal Family/Ruling Body?

The whole thing is a joke.

I like how the meeting about it is all redacted, basically because they would have been called degenerate throwbacks who are possibly the worst choice to be allowed involvement in English football, let alone a place at the top trough, and we don't want to upset them. Because calling them the dark age society that they are would be bad for selling them weapons.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The United higher-ups keep saying how wonderful Solksjaer is but I wonder if they'll panic and get rid because of the prospect of Newcastle wanting Conte.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The United higher-ups keep saying how wonderful Solksjaer is but I wonder if they'll panic and get rid because of the prospect of Newcastle wanting Conte.

To me they've spent even more money, bloated their wage bill even more and got so excited when CR7 signed for them that I believe without a doubt Solksjaer has no more excuses and neither do MU for failure this year.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Solksjaer just holding the fort until Poch is available, more or less guaranteed.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Classic - England 'fans' without tickets outside the stadium causing trouble trying to get in = 1 match ban.

Hungary fans inside the stadium, with tickets, doing racist shit, which is very bad according to the football boss mans = 3 match ban.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
First time offence (in recent years) vs Xth time offence.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
What a joke, it will never stand up in court. Precedent has been set by Man City and Chelsea with their own sponsorship deals, Gazprom and Abu Dhabi/Etihad.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Firstly the rules can be changed, they aren't set in stone. To my knowledge Man City is already under investigation over its sponsorship deals plus I don't remember seeing much Gazprom as a sponsorship of Chelsea because in that time there was no FFP rules any way.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
City abstained, for obvious reasons.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

I hear there might be an opening at UTD soon :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom