Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
City abstained, for obvious reasons.

They stated the abstention was due to their lawyer stating the resolution was unlawful.

Plus the fact they would have publicly looked like twats.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I don't remember seeing much Gazprom as a sponsorship of Chelsea because in that time there was no FFP rules any way.
They were one of Chelsea's main sponsor 2011/12 season and still run ads. They have had a relationship during that time. Might not have been FFP then (??) But still hypocritical. At least shity abstained.

Embattle

FH is my second home
They were one of Chelsea's main sponsor 2011/12 season and still run ads. They have had a relationship during that time. Might not have been FFP then (??) But still hypocritical. At least shity abstained.

Firstly I wouldn't call them a main sponsor at the time or now and Roman doesn't own them either although he undoubtedly has contacts with them since they bought his company Sibneft for $13bn in 2005, again due to his wealth and no FFP rules Chelsea were able to spend a lot of money and become successful enough to not need to pad their books in the FFP era. As stated MC are under investigation since it appears the owners have in essence been using their other companies to sponsor MC at higher than the market rate, this investigation has been going on for a number of years now and is hard to prove thus you are now seeing nearly every club decide to stop it happening in the first place.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
No, they are doing it because proper big money just landed in the prem, and they don't like it. Not because the new owners of Newcastle are actual evil scumbags, but because it raises the stakes. City wouldn't vote against their own revenue stream.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
No, they are doing it because proper big money just landed in the prem, and they don't like it. Not because the new owners of Newcastle are actual evil scumbags, but because it raises the stakes. City wouldn't vote against their own revenue stream.
People are focusing on the hypocricy of the big teams voting against it, and as per usual ignoring the fact the all of the small teams have voted against it as well. The reason is simple. Another big money club likely brings even greater inflation in wages, making it even harder for smaller teams to compete financially, as tv money etc doesn't go up. Sooner all these franchises fuck off to a super league the better.

Embattle

FH is my second home
People are focusing on the hypocricy of the big teams voting against it, and as per usual ignoring the fact the all of the small teams have voted against it as well. The reason is simple. Another big money club likely brings even greater inflation in wages, making it even harder for smaller teams to compete financially, as tv money etc doesn't go up. Sooner all these franchises fuck off to a super league the better.

The problem in wishing all these franchises would all fuck off is the value of the PL would plummet at the same time.

Gray

FH is my second home
Un. Fucking. Believable.

I cashed out my free bet for an Everton win, just because we were going to see it out and the was only a few £.

It was so balanced before we made our substitutions

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
At this point in time, the tea lady would be a better option, they are clueless all over the pitch.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I personally think they sack too many managers too easily in the Premier League. Give Ole a chance!

Edit: Of course, as soon as I type that, Ronaldo scores. Comeback?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lol! VAR - GIVE RONALDO A CHANCE!

Linesman says it's onside.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
index.php

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Not one comment on West Ham, well played hammers! Well played. Another great Harry Kane performance 🤣😂

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
40 mil to Newcastle, end of the season.

He's been shit since he bumbled his transfer request.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Not one comment on West Ham, well played hammers! Well played. Another great Harry Kane performance 🤣😂
Because there's not much to say about the West Ham match tbh. Kane was shite but the problems run much deeper than him (one of them was standing on the touchline pretending he knows what he's doing), we were probably better for most of the match but completely impotent in the final third. And mocking a historically humiliating defeat for United is much more fun than having to confront my own team's problems. :)

We play each other next week, it should be a real treat.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
To be fair, Spurs ended up with a manager, they had 5 or 6 attempts previously. The problem is at board level, same as UTD. Who else would you realistically imagine signing on? Mid-table club with a board that wants to spend nothing and refuses to sell their biggest asset.

Edit, maybe it's a fear of history repeating itself, like when they sold Bale and bought 8 salary drains.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I feel for Ronaldo. (I can't believe I typed that). VAR is a piece of shit. His feet were well behind our last defender's but he'd started leaning / running - so the line from his shoulder was technically in front. If you freeze frame to shittery, hold up the restart, bore the shit out of everyone in the stadium that is...

On a day with a real human linesman that goal stands. And tbh, rightly so IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom