Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How can they say "banner caused no offence". It clearly did cause offence. It was reported to the police for causing offence.

So the police are lying. Or the world is mad.

Or both.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Or maybe you're getting paranoid :)

It was factual. Facts cannot be considered offensive.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Facts cannot be considered offensive.
What strange notions you hold.

Facts can not only be considered offensive, they can be downright blasphemous. People have been killed for stating facts.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It caused no offence as in it didn't break the law, nothing to do with being offensive.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Scouse now wants them convicted to prove his point.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, as has been stated, numerous times, the police and the CPS have to investigate whether a crime or offence has taken place, as one was reported.

They did, and it hadn't.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, as has been stated, numerous times, the police and the CPS have to investigate whether a crime or offence has taken place
Yep. Obviously. As I've acknowledged, numerous times.
as one was reported.
Yes, it was wasn't it. So someone took offence at it and had the ability to report a crime for someone's poster. < this is the only talking point.
They did, and it hadn't.
Again, unsurprising.

Your ability to follow an argument seems to wobble wildly sometimes Raven - sometimes you're right on it, sometimes you seem to just miss the obvious. Are you feeling down m8? :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am pretty sure you could argue in an empty room. You are wrong, accept it.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
@Scouse You know that there is a difference between someone taking offence, and "an offence" in the eyes of the law right?

The article states:

"Following an assessment, officers have concluded that no offences have been committed," said Croydon police.

You appear to have only read the headline, misconstrued "no offence" as "no-one took offence" and then as per usual told everyone else that they're idiots.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Scouse You know that there is a difference between someone taking offence, and "an offence" in the eyes of the law right?
Yeah, the headline is different from the story. I totally accept that.

My point still stands - someone was "offended" enough to report that poster to the police. Geddit?

And the fact that the police response is "investigate" (as they are legally obliged to do, fully acknowledge that) rather than dismiss it out of hand (as it should be) is the only thing I'm interested in talking about.

I don't really know how to paint that any clearer than that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Liverpool's performance against United got me thinking about this article again
Link don't seem to work.

I think it's chelski's tbh. We were OK against Utd but they still had chances. We're better with Fabinho in though (Keita can't defend - he's still not convinced me).

It was United being particularly shit which was the problem. With a decent coach we'd have been in trouble. United've spent more net on players in the past few years than our owners bought Liverpool for...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Oh yeah, seems to be working but takes a while to load. It's about last season rather than this season. Basically Liverpool heavily caffeine dope their players but they have to cycle off after 2 years due to long term health risks, which is why they had such a down year but are looking like the team that won the title again this year.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lol. Caffine dope.

Nothing to do with massive injury issues and a totally makshift backline then :rolleyes:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The entire league was plagued by injuries last year, although I will admit that Liverpool's back 4 was in a bad way.

The article is an interesting read and caffeine doping in elite level sports is a very real thing. There is an argument to suggest Liverpools injury issues can be partly attributed to it - 2 years playing at an extreme intensity fueled by caffeine injections, and then cycling off it and not being able to exert themselves the same way.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I like how Koeman triggered Courtinho's clause on the night of getting himself a huge payout from Barca. Double trouble. 30 mil extra debt in one evening or something?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I like how Koeman triggered Courtinho's clause on the night of getting himself a huge payout from Barca. Double trouble. 30 mil extra debt in one evening or something?

Beautiful

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They might not have much choice, Barca (obvs) will be looking, still a big pull, Juve might be getting twitchy...again. They will have to go for someone's afters. Not many that aren't settled atm.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
They won't get rid of Ole until they have someone lined up, possibly the international break? I'd put money on Conte. He has this weird reputation but he would sort them out, at least in the short term.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Xavi's a bold choice, considering the state they're in. There's not much difference between him there and Pirlo at Juve or Lampard at Chelsea and we know how those appointments turned out. Pirlo went into the Juve job pretty much cold but at least Lampard had a solid year of Championship management under his belt, Xavi's been plying his trade in the middle east somewhere. It doesn't strike me as a situation you want a green manager inheriting but the hierarchy probably know the fans will be more patient with an ex-player than some big name.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Barca are in a nothing to lose situation imo. Koeman was clearly never a popular choice, there is no money, little expectation, and no end to their problems in sight... nows the time to role the dice on club legend and see if he can galvanize the troops.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Wow. Ole is an incoherent rabbit in the headlights isn't he.

Defensive body position. No clear messaging. What's he trying to say here? That he's upset about twitter and he needs to hug himself?

(Sorry for the Beeb link for non-beebers)

He's fucking spanked. His job today was to come out fighting, not come out wounded. He needed to say that they've been working hard all week on improving discipline on all areas of the pitch. That they've got a plan and that they're going to give it all they've got in the next game, and for the rest of the season.

Not "oooh! bad people said shit on social media".

I always liked Ole. When Ryan Giggs turned out to be a massive brother-fucking thundercunt Ole was literally the last Man United player where I (as a liverpool fan) go "you know what, good guy".

But what a loser! :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom