Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
FFP went out the window years ago, little point if most ignore it and it's not really enforced properly.

UEFA FFP went out the window. The Spanish FFP rules have been enforced for a few years now. I seem to remember the Spanish government got in hot water with the EU a few years back because of loads of dodgy dealings with tax (like the tax exempt status for "athletes") and effective state subsidies of football, and the rules all came in then.

Gray

FH is my second home
It's seemed obvious over the past few weeks due to the lack of any serious investment in the team, but as the season is now dawning the reasons being given for any transfer activity for Everton is they're dangerously close to exceeding the FFP. This couldn't have come at a more critical time obviously given we have a new manager (How did we sell it to Benitez that we're still going to have a lot of the useless players from last season?!).

James has come out recently and said "I feel sorry for Aguero, he went to Barca because of Messi and he left - This was the exact same scenario as me with Carlo". Benitez supposedly isn't a fan of James either, so one of our most creative players will be likely getting shipped out (Again possibly down to FFP*) but we have been quoted as possibly being able to sell for up to £20m which for a free player is great, but again at what cost...

We put faith in Richarlson staying after it was granted for the Olympics, but he has been dying to get out of the club for a while too.

Sigs is...

We're in desperate need for a right sided player. But the names being linked just end up never materialising. Benitez did wonders with Newcastle with a chairman like Ashley and a shoestring budget, but I wonder again if he was sold a lie in a vain effort for him to come. If we lose matches - Or even have a potentially poor start the fans will be baying for blood and it won't necessarily have been his fault. It was also a mistake to play a friendly match against Man Utd of all teams just to show how weak and ineffective the team truely is at this moment in time.

Embattle

FH is my second home
So pending a medical Messi is going to PSG, wonder if they'll be able to win their own league with all that fire power :p

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
All that kipping in his office has got derby off to a good start tonight 1 down to salford in under ten mins

Edit : make that 2 down in 14

Marc

FH is my second home
And PSG will still get knocked out of the champions league by someone like Dortmund.

Its utterly bewildering as to how a professional club like Barcelona could be run so badly. Lets be honest, at the date of his last contract the guy was 30. Why would you give a 30 year old a £650m contract when the rest of the team was pretty much garbage?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
And PSG will still get knocked out of the champions league by someone like Dortmund.

Its utterly bewildering as to how a professional club like Barcelona could be run so badly. Lets be honest, at the date of his last contract the guy was 30. Why would you give a 30 year old a £650m contract when the rest of the team was pretty much garbage?

Because he was a giant profit centre for them:

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
I think it's because of the yellow stripe but I really like the Chelsea kit this year.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
That was a ballsy decision taking Mendy off for Kepa for the shoot-out, especially considering his antics last time. Worked out pretty well though so fair play - saved 2, and was a baw hair away from a 3rd.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Looks like Kane is staying put, will he start though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not got Sky Sports any more. Has Saka got a knock or something? Why did he not start?

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
What kind of bullshit cancer performance is this. I’m going to pretend this isn’t happening.

Not gonna lie Brentford deserve this.

Mari and White can fuck off.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Ok we can halt the season now. I am happy with the positions. :) not that i am a bees supporter. But arse on the bottom is appropriate ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom