Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
He's coming to Derby as the new player-manager-director.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I feel like every one of Tottenhams transfer dramas have started with "the player believes he has a gentlemans agreement with Levy..."

When dealing with Levy get it written in blood and sealed by witches or he wont honour it :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Sounds like Grealish to City is more or less done.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
New VAR changes should be good. Man United will need to actually score goals in open play though, can't just rely on penalties for winning games by one goal.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No one did, completely out of the blue. Most Saints fans expected him to leave, but to Villa is a shock.
Even the bookies hadn't got on board with it. £30m apparently. It sounds like, with the news of Grealish going to City, they just randomly rang up and made an offer and it was done in minutes. Mad transfer.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm very surprised. I'd expected him to turn up at a big club as a 2nd choice striker, not really sure why he chose Villa.

Edit - we've rinsed them for £30m if true to be honest. The bloke can't stay fit for 5 minutes.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well, over the last few days Villa fans have been loudly reminding everybody who'll listen that historically, they're bigger than City so maybe he saw it as a step up. :)

Anyway, Fofana just got absolutely done by a Villareal player with a scissor tackle on the half way line when Leicester were 3-0 up in a *friendly* - looks like he's done serious damage to his lower leg and/or ankle. Poor guy, he's incredible for his age (and price) and was out for a large part of the second of last season iirc, it felt like he was primed to really make an impact this time. I don't know if James Justin's back yet but Leicester could be starting their season with at least one serious injury.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Being the primary striker is worth something, especially if you want to play for England at the World Cup.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
He will be 32 at the next world cup I think, and is never fit now.

He just turned 29 last week, World Cup is less than a year and a half away. If he is to get a shot, then first team football every week is a must.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Did anyone else see this and think that Grealish had overdone it with the tanning on holiday?

p.s. yes I know

p.p.s. no I'm not

Capture.PNG

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Messi's leaving Barca...

There was a bit of buzz that he was pissed off because they didn't sign Cristian Romero (fantastic Argentine centre back who Spurs have just picked up) and it was like the final straw. Imagine him now going to City and scuppering Kane's move, leaving him looking like even more of a prick than he already does. All because Tottenham bought Romero.

Yeah yeah, it's probably nonsense and the reasons are financial, but whatever.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I thought he was staying...perhaps they can't actually afford him even at a reduced rate.

Gray

FH is my second home
The media aren't in a fuzz today about Kane, if he didn't turn up to training today surely the media would have been all over this?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The media aren't in a fuzz today about Kane, if he didn't turn up to training today surely the media would have been all over this?
He's apparently still in Florida (which is fucking stupid on its own, given their COVID situation), being a wantaway dickhead.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
What would be hilarious is if City cancelled the Grealish deal to take Messi instead and Villa are stuck with £100m+ worth of signings

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I thought he was staying...perhaps they can't actually afford him even at a reduced rate.

Saw one figure bandied about that they are about a billion euros in debt and all their income goes to servicing that, this means their effective salary cap in Spanish league has been having each year as debt gets worse

They should have sold him a year ago tbh

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Lol they gave Grealish the #10 as well. Unlucky Harry.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The more I think about it, the more mad I think £100m for Grealish is.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Lots of hipster chat about him playing central as an upgrade on either Bernardo Silva or gundogan, but let's be real - City have paid £100m + £370k a week for someone to rotate with Foden & Sterling, which is fucking mental. Grealish is a good player, but he is not world class by any stretch of the imagination. Bale for instance was £80m and Grealish is just not on his level. Even last year when Bale was shit he scored 11 goals in 20 premier league games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom