Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Hung Parliament

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • Other (surprise) win

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I can live with Miliband in charge of a coalition, as long as Brown goes it will be bearable.

Corran

Part of the furniture
David Milliband will be Labour Leader within weeks in order to make deal with lib dems.. its all going off..

as for tories and DUP alliance... DUP losing seats.. and tories aint gaining enough.. wont happen ... (famous last words? heh) just dont see it

tories gained 32 seats so far on beeb website (in bad, transformers on, football manager on, wishing for sleep).. they need what? 95 seats turnaround.. plenty of time to get closer to it.
Currently they hold more then labour and the libs combined, which is a good start :)

edit:
shame Labour control scotland... damn stupid scottish people :(
My conservative vote pointless in area unsurprisingly. was miles away from labours share :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Looking more and more like a hung parliment, if Labour can hang onto Liverpool and Manchester plus hang on to the London strongholds they should just have enough to keep the Tories out. Bloody close though, Tories could be about 15 short of an overall majority.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
10 safe Labour seats in Manchester yet to declare, whats the hold up? Infact alot of inner city seats are still outstanding.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Most of London hasn't declared yet, this is going right down to the wire. Labour councils are going to get totally wiped out as well.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Most of London hasn't declared yet, this is going right down to the wire. Labour councils are going to get totally wiped out as well.

Going to be dozens of calls for revotes in alot of areas where there 0-1000 votes difference, some may push for even larger margins then that for the voting to be redone due to the major cockups made.

2-3hr queues to vote is rediculous. Complete shambles. It was well known that there be alot more voters this time as politics is focal point atm where alot of people used to not care. But would make to much sense to get extra ballot boxes and officals to cope with it.... and running out of ballot papers is inexcusable. . . should have used a photocopier :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yep I can see a few areas having to be rerun as some marginal seats were effected.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Labour held my town with a reduced majority, still 10k ahead though. All those Labour in Manchester seats I mentioned an hour ago have started to turn red. If the same happens in the other big city's it looks like Davo will fall short by about 15 seats.

Corran

Part of the furniture
about 50seats left and around 40 seats needed for a straight majority. shame that. I blame the scottish... labour are so dominant up here it is crazy, but not a surprise.... infact there a pretty straight split between north being labour, south being tories... with london playing its own game in middle of it.

be interesting to see if something shocking happens, such as lib dems joining with Tories for a straight 2 party colition government. Big gulf between the 2 parties, but the way clegg talks about "needing to take time" instead of being ready to jump into bed with Labour makes you wonder if such a thing may be negotiated.

Brown got a tough job to keep power. He gets first dibs at making a coalition, but he has to get lots of the little guys as well as Lib Dems to do so. Alot of concessions will need to be made and I can not see how that will help the countries situation :(

Marc

FH is my second home
Thank fuck. Looks we have been saved from a Tory Government.

Result.

Corran

Part of the furniture

Result.

England is We now? what has happened to spain being "we"? :p

And Tory cant be any worse then labour. Labour done good to start with, but as time has gone on they broke pledge after pledge, and driven the country into a nice state of spiralling debt with countless bad decisions.

Was hoping for a change, and still am hoping for it. Not sure if Brown has the skills to get a multi-party coalition together (ie 4+ parties). Think the country could be heading into a dodgy time with a government full of indecisions etc....... all we got to do is accept the euro now and become the next Greece!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Brown hasnt got any skills.

What a mess, people not able to vote, some stations running out of ballot papers, and it seems the Labour vote in Scotland (where they still seem to think Conservatives=Thatcher) can totally skew the election.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'm not a Green, but I'm pleased Caroline Lucas got her seat

+ Nick Griffin lost @ Barking

Marc

FH is my second home
England is We now? what has happened to spain being "we"? :p

And Tory cant be any worse then labour. Labour done good to start with, but as time has gone on they broke pledge after pledge, and driven the country into a nice state of spiralling debt with countless bad decisions.

Was hoping for a change, and still am hoping for it. Not sure if Brown has the skills to get a multi-party coalition together (ie 4+ parties). Think the country could be heading into a dodgy time with a government full of indecisions etc....... all we got to do is accept the euro now and become the next Greece!

I have never referred to spain as "we". But knock yourself out searching my posts.

Id rather england was controlled by a man who, whilst extremely dour, is all about substance over personality. Gordon Brown has also proven himself during the financial crisis, whilst "call me Dave"s sum total of economics experience was maintaining the claret cupboard of the Bullingdon Club.

Cameron is a slimy c*** who will make sure the most vulnerable in society are placed at the back of the queue when physical and financial support are considered. Not only that but the children of more enlightened parents will receive more support in education than those whose parents do not have the wherewithal to control their own schools.

And we havent even got to the bit where I, will be worse off to the tune of a grand a year in my pocket. A grand I could really do with during the economic crisis, just so the families of all the tory backers can leave the children millions in unearned income without having to pay tax.

Do you really think the tories wont break pledge after pledge? Its what politicians do.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Labour held my town with a reduced majority, still 10k ahead though. All those Labour in Manchester seats I mentioned an hour ago have started to turn red. If the same happens in the other big city's it looks like Davo will fall short by about 15 seats.

My constituency of Manchester Withington had an increased swing to the Lib Dems, my Lib Dem MP has now gone from a 600 vote majority to nearly 2000 :D

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
That ugly bulldog Charles Clarke also lost his seat.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :)

I'm glad my constituency went from a 133 Con majority to almost 6000 Con majority.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I think what I found somewhat alarming is the cock up at many polling stations around the country. Apparently, drunk students turning up with no polling cards were responsible for fecking up @ Sheffield. Muppet students.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Final result: Hung parliament

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Brown hasnt got any skills.

What a mess, people not able to vote, some stations running out of ballot papers, and it seems the Labour vote in Scotland (where they still seem to think Conservatives=Thatcher) can totally skew the election.

No they know that Conservatives = Cameron that's the problem, you can harp on about this and that simple fact is that despite there being alot of general
unhappiness with the state of the country, Cameron still couldn't pull enough votes in because people simply don't think he has what it takes.

Forgot to Add, Brown is by far the most capable of steadying the ship.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

Result.

Actually Tory's have a majority in England, it's Scotland, wales and NI that cripple things. Also if the party votes were reversed Labour would have a 100 seat majority by now, so much for a fair system!

Brown cannot continue, Milliband may make a power play, but Labour are very very reliant on Clegg agreeing to a deal, which I don't think would be in there favour. If the Lib Dems are seen to support a minority government against public wishes it will harm them a lot in the long term. I think it's more likely that the Tories make some concessions to the lib dems.

Although would it not be awesome if we have a tory government with..... Vince Cable as chancellor :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No they know that Conservatives = Cameron that's the problem, you can harp on about this and that simple fact is that despite there being alot of general
unhappiness with the state of the country, Cameron still couldn't pull enough votes in because people simply don't think he has what it takes.

Forgot to Add, Brown is by far the most capable of steadying the ship.

Nope, he has pulled enough votes, as the tories did in 2005. It's our un-democratic voting system, which should have been changed long ago which is keeping Labour clinging on.

Or do you think it's fair that if the results were reversed, that Labour would have a clear majority?

Marc

FH is my second home
Although would it not be awesome if we have a tory government with..... Vince Cable as chancellor :D

Is he still alive? i say this because the other week when I saw him on TV, he didnt look at all well

Corran

Part of the furniture
I think what I found somewhat alarming is the cock up at many polling stations around the country. Apparently, drunk students turning up with no polling cards were responsible for fecking up @ Sheffield. Muppet students.

You can blame the polling setup for that.

They have very clearly written on them "You do not need to bring this card"... and then they complain that people didnt bring them. Simple solution was no card = no vote.
If that was the setup someone comes without their card, they get sent away and need to fetch it and come back. If you lost your card then it wasnt important to you in the first place!

All the politicians are slimey twats. But I got no faith in Labour or Brown, that said I dont have that much more faith in any of the other parties. I think many things were handled badly in the financial crisis that is going to continue costing us for many many years (ie purchasing a majority share of a failing bank at a cost way above what the shares were ever worth = joke)

Unfortunately in Scotland, around the glasgow area and the counties nearby (im a nearby county) , labour walk the election without any problem. But that the whole "scottish person in charge and he will put priority on us drugged up nutters" :p <note im not being serious - but it is the more povity hit areas that gone with labour it seems>

edit:
To show the rediculous nature of our voting system.
Labour won the 2005 election with 9.5m votes and controlled government.
Tories won over 10m votes (and still counting), yet they dont control government.

And Marc - alot of people voted for Tories, millions more then voted for the idiot Brown and his labour party ... but the nature of the system means that what the majority of the people want dont matter. Basically 10 areas of 100 people voting for labour would mean more then 2 areas of 1million people voting for Tories.

General election should be a simple - who has the most votes win control of the national government.... let peoples area ideals on dictate their local voting (ie council makeup)

Basically, i think that none of the parties can fix the problem we are in, and in all likelyhood we going to end up with a second general election in the near future when no coalition can be set up.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
you CAN blame the polling stations for not adhering to very clear advice by the electoral commission.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Nope, he has pulled enough votes, as the tories did in 2005. It's our un-democratic voting system, which should have been changed long ago which is keeping Labour clinging on.

Or do you think it's fair that if the results were reversed, that Labour would have a clear majority?

The Tories have benefited in the same way in the past. The antiquated UK electoral system just doesn't work as intended under a party system (and the more parties there are the less representative it becomes) its also not helped when people shift the boundaries every 2nd election.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The Tories have benefited in the same way in the past. The antiquated UK electoral system just doesn't work as intended under a party system (and the more parties there are the less representative it becomes) its also not helped when people shift the boundaries every 2nd election.

Oh I agree, but Labour have had 13 years to change boundries now, and it's massively weighted in their favour.

Remember both tories and lib dems would change the system.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Well well well. BNP lost despite all the crap talked. Conservatives didnt pull it off - outright majority - and the strong posibilty of a lib/lab pact.

Excellent.

As Marc says, i wouldnt trust a tory government to look after the interests of the poor and weak in society, it goes against everything they stand for. Policies like the death duty changes just make it as clear as day exactly what they stand for and i for one would support a pact with the devil rather than see another tory government in power again.

Regards the electoral system, i think this election has shown exactly why the entire system needs to be changed, root abd branch. A party that has gotten 36% of the all votes can honestly claim that they have received the mandate of the people to govern (Tories). Labour in all honesty not much better.

PR would resolve these issues properly. The number of seats that i saw were the vote was split between lab and lib's letting a tory in is just silly.

Anyway let the games begin and lets see how can put something together and do it fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom