Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Hung Parliament

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • Other (surprise) win

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

Dukat

Resident Freddy

As much as I dislike Gordon Brown, I fucking hate how the Press has gotten a hold of this and run around with it like a dog with a chew-toy.

They're hardly even bothering to hide thier glee at it, going straight in and interviewing that old woman and saying shit like "Isn't she allowed to raise her point of view!?!?!?!!!" well, isn't The prime minister allowed to raise his point of view?

If she's said something bigoted - as it sounds like she has - then how is it wrong for Gordon Brown to be thinking and commenting words to that effect in a private manner?

And why the fuck is this tripe on the front page? Haven't they got anything useful to report on? God forbid they actually do thier jobs and cover the election properly, rather than letting this sort of thing become an issue.

Gordon Brown should be out talking about labour policy, not apologising for having an opinion which is probably correct.

Its all meaningless newsie hype bollocks, fuck the media(!!!)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
think it will be a hung parliament and if thats the case im hoping its a lab/lib combo

really dont want conservatives to get in some of their policies sound so far fetched you actually have to wonder if he has a clue what hes on about.

will never forgive tories for what they did to this country or more specifically my part of it if it wasnt for labour my area would more than likely be barren wasteland

plus i just dont like cameron hes too smug.

brown is a twat and i dont think he should be PM remember what they say better the devil you know.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
It would be a lot easier to like Labour if Brown wasn't in charge.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Don't know who Cameron's advisors are, but they should be fired - he came across as a snotty, rich and arrogant englishman last night. I wanted to kill him.

Nick Clegg bagged a few hearts last night, during the debate - but his closing was appauling - Scripted, readng off a paper, looking like he'd forgotten words, stuttering at times... too bad Nick, you had a good thing going for a while.

Brown was ok, tbh - I'm not british, but that man seemed to have intelligent reactions to whatever was happening around him, and he was giving more or less pertinent answers.

What shocked me, was how the Tories and the Libdems charged at the immigration issue - are they really afraid of NF / BNP getting a higher percentage? Because what they said, the way they said it - sounded very "Geroff my island you filthy east-european!!!"

Brown was more reserved, but he did express it in a way so that he wasn't either black or white on the issue. Politician, pfft.

I'd vote libdems tbh, they seem to be the only ones who could really change things around for the best.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
will never forgive tories for what they did to this country or more specifically my part of it if it wasnt for labour my area would more than likely be barren wasteland.
And I can never forgive Labour for what they did to the country in the 1970's before the Tories had to take take tough action to get the country back on track.

And that there is the fundamental difference in opinion between Red and Blue. :)

old.Osy said:
What shocked me, was how the Tories and the Libdems charged at the immigration issue - are they really afraid of NF / BNP getting a higher percentage? Because what they said, the way they said it - sounded very "Geroff my island you filthy east-european!!!"
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer:
I'm not having a go at you *personally* Osy. I can see you're in Romania yourself. No matter how you try to dress it up or hide it, there is some resentment in the UK against immigrants from the new EU accession countries and against the Government. The Govt said that only a few thousand people would immigrate into the UK from the new EU countries. The figure was closer to a million so a lot of people were angry about that. The perception in the country is that the Govt never got a handle on the issue. It also doesn't help that Labour will ignore or attack anyone who tries to start a constructive discussion on immigration (as was the case with the lady labelled a "bigot" when she was raising a valid point).

All the main parties are scared stiff of losing votes to the likes of the BNP because the BNP have tailored their policies to work off people's prejudices and sound reasonable *at face value*. Scratch their policies and and you find the real BNP have no depth at all under the surface.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Do the people who still bang on about what the Tories did in the 80s seriously think we could compete with the likes of China and India in mass production and still have the quality of life we have now...really?

We had to move into a more service driven economy or we would have gone under, it really is as simple as that.

Either way, this is not about what happened 20 years ago this is about what is happening now and right now, Labour are killing off what we have left.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
yes we do we still bang on about what they did in the 80's they left south yorkshire for dead. closed the mines, the steel industry was almost gone in sheffield by time the tories were booted out. alright we cant compete with china on that scale, it was always a matter of time before we lost status as a european leader in the steel industry.
but what really gets people round here. is they did fuck all to rejuvenate the area. soon as labour got in we now have a country wide known shopping center more small industrial/commercial buildings on the old pit sites. rotherham is still showing the signs of the pit closures and the loss of its steel and other metal industries its a real shit hole but labour has secured EU funding to turn it into a cultural center.

its not just about forgetting what the tories did its also about remembering what labour has done for us.

ok the brown years are a disaster i readily admit that but thats due to the person not party. think people forget theres alot of people behind brown the parties are not about 1 man.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
In any case, I hear people throwing about phrases like "Fuck the EU, let's leave it", and then I realize how little people actually understand what EU means for the UK.

Sure, you got a few immigrants, doing lowly jobs and all - But there's benefits for you as well. Stop being cocky and arrogant towards the rest of Europe, you're not superior, stop living in the past, and see things constructively.

Marc

FH is my second home
In any case, I hear people throwing about phrases like "Fuck the EU, let's leave it", and then I realize how little people actually understand what EU means for the UK.

Sure, you got a few immigrants, doing lowly jobs and all - But there's benefits for you as well. Stop being cocky and arrogant towards the rest of Europe, you're not superior, stop living in the past, and see things constructively.

From a totaly selfish and personal POV, the EU decimated the town where I live from one of, if not the biggest fishing towns in the country to the state its in now which isnt pretty. Just like Thatcher did with the coal and steel towns. Sure there is a bigger picture but the people directly involved with these decimations dont give 2 shits about the bigger picture. A bigger picture that doesnt really effect your working class family who have only known fishing/coal mining or steel works their entire lives.

Plus, £40million a day we pay to the EU for what? Free trade? LOL. Ask switzerland about "free trade"

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yep, the EU is a waste of time and money but we are too far in now thanks to Labour, we can't just pull out over night. It would take years to pull out undamaged.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
guess labour have done to you what the tories did to us. the question is how will the next government fix it. south yorkshire was always heavily industrial now its much more commercial.

as for payin 40 mil a day yes it is alot, and i resent that alot of it goes to countries that frankly shouldnt be allowed in the EU, but we do get quite a bit out of it dont let UKIP blind you i did till i started digging.

tens of millions if not hundreds of millions are been poured into rotherham to rejuvenate it because its fast becoming a ghost town, its died as a commercial center due to a large retail park not 1 mile away.

think when a towns trade die they need to be refocused and trained in other ways to enable that town to grow.

used to live in scarborough that had quite a big fishing trade its dead now but they have turned the wharf into a more tourist friendly place shops bars restaurant etc to enhance its tourist rating.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Chipper you seem to think that the tories would simply stop all that, the only thing they are changing is the vast sums of money thrown at schemes like this. Money that goes to bureaucrats rather than the people it's meant to help. The tory policy of tax breaks and national insurance breaks will help business's to recruit and rejuvenate properly, not false economy propped up by more overspending.

Do you not see at all that Labour cannot deliver on anything they are promising? Everything is about money and jobs. Well the money isn't there, and without the money there are no jobs. The reality is that whoever gets into power has to start fixing the economy. that means taxes and interest rates go up, and spending goes down. Don't believe the hype about the recession being over, it's actualyl going to be worse because of Labour's irresponsible short term "oh look an election" budgeting.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
this poll's been up for about a month now...only in the last 2 or 3 days has anyone voted for the Lib Dems

Marc

FH is my second home
1g5M.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
lol

in all fairness, the asians started it by squaring up & gobbin at the guy

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
lol

in all fairness, the asians started it by squaring up & gobbin at the guy

They look like chavvy little shits. Idiots to be honest, and even though I find it funny, the BNP guy was right to punch him. If any fucker spat at me I'd react the same.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Yup I agree, nothing to do with race at all, anyone that spits on people deserves a good doing over.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
omg its like fucking iraqi elections atm

45 minutes worth of queues when polling ended..
ballot boxes going missing
polling stations running out of ballot papers

WTF?!

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
Hung Parliament..

Labour to form alliance with Lib Dems..

Brown gonna be PM.

Democracy at work kids

Corran

Part of the furniture
with luck the turnaround will be enough that libs + labour aint a majority, and con + random irish lot = majority.... that the best that would be hoped for but unlikely.

Hung parliament it is gonna be, and always was. 5more years of being screwed by labour

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Actually according to the analysts, if torys get over 300, then they could forge ahead and rule, with a few concessions now and again.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Actually according to the analysts, if torys get over 300, then they could forge ahead and rule, with a few concessions now and again.
over 300, coalition with DUP with a couple of concessions and they should have majority holding with that coalition.
Saves them needing to do a deal everytime they want to pass something. Just make one solid one right there, which i think they may go for if combined seats allow that

megadave

I am a FH squatter
would be pretty great if labour and lib dems formed a coalition to keep the tories out but i doubt it'll happen

Corran

Part of the furniture
would be pretty great if labour and lib dems formed a coalition to keep the tories out but i doubt it'll happen

5years of Brown! he managed to ruin the country enough as is tbh... and labour went back on some major election promises (referendum for given the EU a ton more powers over us was promised, and yet denied with a lame excuse) ... this sort of thing dont sit kindly and with Labour in charge I seriously wouldnt be surprised if they take the Euro currency wihtout a vote :p (yes i think they are that bad at the moment, and with brown becoming the "voted" PM he just be worse)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
David Milliband will be Labour Leader within weeks in order to make deal with lib dems.. its all going off..

as for tories and DUP alliance... DUP losing seats.. and tories aint gaining enough.. wont happen ... (famous last words? heh) just dont see it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom