2 Accounts at once?

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Social dawinism. That's what the game is about.

The "great"/"elite" people will be trying to find ways to get a "legal" advantage over the norm - that's what the whole game is about. Finding a new weap that's better than your enemy = you have an advantage over him. It's the same.

But that is part of the game.

Playing more than one account is using artificial means. For example I could bite trhough the power cable in an enemy GM's power station and cut him out of the game, hardly ethical though is it...and certainly cant be compared to finding nice equipement. Finding better items, as the heroes of the Warhammer Universe is all part of the game.

IOd certainly saying paying more money to have an advantage over normal players isnt...and it smacks of insecurities over your ability to play and fight vs the normal player.

Ardwan

Fledgling Freddie
I really don't see this being an issue, there isn't really any "buff" class in the game.

The only possible advantage I could see would be to role a tank on the 2nd account, andhave him follow your main while guarding.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
There is a more important point to be made here, how the hell can anyone enjoy multiboxing whilst juggling pizza / mugs of tea / packets of custard creams? It would all be too much for me.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
There is a more important point to be made here, how the hell can anyone enjoy multiboxing whilst juggling pizza / mugs of tea / packets of custard creams? It would all be too much for me.

I'd like to see your tea/pizza/biscuit juggling act on YouTube, stat!

Bourbons beat all by the way :)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
You know what as a kid Custard Creams >>> Bourbons every time. But later in life Bourbons are actually catching up. Doubt they'll ever top the mighty CC though.

BE6E7552-0DAA-3F6F-238F300A0B6D1615.jpg

:worthy:

Aada

Part of the furniture
I kid you not folks in my early days in DAOC i was stunned to see a bard+train 2 enchanters 1 drood 1 tank come zooming by me there names were all the same except for another letter at the end. I pmd the guy and said he was running them on around 3-4 pcs in the house lol

It really wouldn't suprise me in this game if people are running around with a duo pwning the soloers.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
The kids are crying over "unfair" (but legal) advantage gives me a realmpoint-boner.

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
I was a sad person who bought 2 collectors edition versions on the day they came out to make sure my buffbot got an early start as well, you can't stoop much lower than that.

After playing in the beta I have passed on one of my CE keys and rights to a mate (i.e. I give it to him when it turns up) simply because there is no place for a buffbot in WAR.

Simple advice, don't waste your money on a second account.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
The kids are crying over "unfair" (but legal) advantage gives me a realmpoint-boner.

your need to compensate for something by having an unfair advantage over people in a game makes me laugh. i am a pretty competitive person, i hate losing, but i would rather lose a fair fight / match / game than win unfairly.

Its like having a game of five a side football with nine people. Sure the team with the five players will beat the team with four (unless they really suck) but its a bit of an empty win.

be it lack of skill, need to be better than other people or maybe you've just got a small dick, either way its comical and a little sad.

Ardwan

Fledgling Freddie

There's a difference between legal and sportsmanship.
But hey, if you suck so much you need a 2nd account, knock yaself out.
I played DAoC absolutely fine without a buffbot (hell, I played a 2h paladin, buffs wouldn't have helped anyway ;)) , and I'm positive I'll enjoy WAR without one too.

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
Not trying to bring up a histroic argument here but I have to say there was nothing remotely wrong, unfair, or unsportsmanlike about having a buffbot in DAOC.

How many people who did not have a bb can honestly say they didnt ask around in keeps if any buffbot had spare conc? Mine spent half its time handing out buffs to people who needed them and asked in the keeps.

It makes no difference anyway now, the buffbot is not something WAR really has a use for.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Not trying to bring up a histroic argument here but I have to say there was nothing remotely wrong, unfair, or unsportsmanlike about having a buffbot in DAOC.

How many people who did not have a bb can honestly say they didnt ask around in keeps if any buffbot had spare conc? Mine spent half its time handing out buffs to people who needed them and asked in the keeps.

It makes no difference anyway now, the buffbot is not something WAR really has a use for.

If you didn't use buffs you couldn't compete. Simple as.

It's not right to be expected to dual-boot a client, level a bot, and above all, pay double the money each month just to have a fair fight with someone.

/edit which is why I'm sure I'll stick with WAR.

Mellon

Fledgling Freddie
In my experience playing against multiboxed characters isn't such a big issue. Most of the time I find it easier to beat 5 characters that (I believe) are played by one player, rather than 5 characters that are played by a competent team.

If a player wants to challenge themself by managing several characters at once, fine with me. I guess it is a bit like playing chess on several boards at once.

But I think I can understand the feeling of "unfair" if you view the game as a conflict of one player vs one player. Wich imho is aiming a bit too low in a mmo with several thousand players per realm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom