2 Accounts at once?

rynnor

Rockhound
For the guys in the beta do you see WAR as being open to buffbots in the way that DAOC was?

Are there any real barriers to effectiveness on 2 accounts - are there persistant buffs etc?

Aada

Part of the furniture
For the guys in the beta do you see WAR as being open to buffbots in the way that DAOC was?

Are there any real barriers to effectiveness on 2 accounts - are there persistant buffs etc?

Exactly what i was going to ask myself.

If you can have buffbots i will be rolling a 2nd account straight away because every other person with 2 pcs will.

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
I hope to god War doesnt make using buffbots easy.

Thats not what this game should be about, may as well go throw in some third party speed hacks and tracking software also.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
its mostly one buff per person per buffer
so yeah you can run a "bot" if :
a- you are team wizzy
b- you dont want to group with anyone else ever

Aada

Part of the furniture
LOL.

It seriously will not suprise me in WAR if people start using a buffbot just for that one extra buff.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
all nifty buffs are spread over diff classes
for example increased resists is on the elf archmage, stat enhancement on runepriest, proc buffs(def and off) is wizard

u also need to be in grp with em for the runepriest buffs and the others shortly grped(timed and/or grp only)

in short make friends and not bots, aint worth the money to have bots

rynnor

Rockhound
u also need to be in grp with em for the runepriest buffs and the others shortly grped(timed and/or grp only)

Ah - that sounds better - if the buffs are group only then that alone will make a big difference :)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic went out of their way to avoid buffbots being an option. Technically it is possible but not in the slightest bit effective.

rynnor

Rockhound
Mythic went out of their way to avoid buffbots being an option. Technically it is possible but not in the slightest bit effective.

Its good but surely cost them some subscribers so a little suprising :)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Well I think they are aiming WAY higher than DAoC for subs base. Consider also the number of people who won't play if buffbots are viable, especialy old DAOC players who specifically left for just that reason. They are also doing their best to limit the benefit of gold farming too. It's not just enough to have the cash from ebay, you need to have attained a certain Renown Rank to be able to spend the money at the merchant who sells the really nice Renown Armour. Influence rewards mean you have to be there and actively take part in PQ's to get the best they can offer and is a subsystem totally independant of in game money. The only really viable option for cheats who want a twinked up toon is the old system of buying the toon already made and levelled but that is not a good option for those shithead companies who offer that "service" because they need to actually play the character to achieve anything. Mythic thereby puts the sword to them also.

All round in fact Mythic have tried really hard to level the playing field and make the game viable for all playing styles. Even "die-hard MMO 733t bois" will miss the point if they race to Rank 40. The quest system is superb and links all the parts of your toons development across the chapter system. These aren't your WoW style ignore the quest text just follow the map marker quests they really are part of the game and its wonderful lore and rich depth and history. Powergamers won't wander around aimlessly looking for the little hidden areas off the beaten track where you get Tome unlocks just for finding the area.

There is so much good in the game that Mythic can well do without the subs from buffbots.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
For order RP has stat buffs and a resist buff they can cast on group mates and last an hour. Only one can be cast on a group mate per RP so to get all 4(?) youd either have to log a different RP on a second account and keep grouping/relogging to get them all up or have an account for each buff.

Where it is strictly possible the bonus isn't that noticable and would just be a waste of time.

One of the best things about RP buffs is they give you an active insta attack to use once every 60 seconds. One is a DD, one is a single target DoT and on is an AE DoT.

Buffs simply arn't as potent as they were in DAoC so someone fully buffed can still die to someone unbuffed depending on the classes ofc.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
I only read the first two posts.

I wish you guys would try stand on your own two feet and fight with other players rather than trying to cheat yr way to gain advantage.

Cant you face fighting others on one account? Are you that needy / desperate/ unskilled you NEED to try gain unfair advantage over the average player?

Sorry, stuff like this ruined the fun of DAOC, I hope they make a buffbot server so you can all go in one place and have fun cheating the game vs each other.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Exactly what i was going to ask myself.

If you can have buffbots i will be rolling a 2nd account straight away because every other person with 2 pcs will.

No, not every person with two pcs feels the need to cheat their way through games vs other players.

Beleive it or not, most people are happy enough and self confident enough to play fairly and still win.

Sad that you feel u need to gain advantage over others by abnormal means.

You go ahead and go for as many bufbots as u like, im happy enough to fight you with my one account, I have no urge to artificially cheat my char to be tougher to fight you.

Its very sad but a truth of some low self stature people.

Good luck in WAR in finding ways to gain advantage over normal players.

I hope you do really well.

Aada

Part of the furniture
No, not every person with two pcs feels the need to cheat their way through games vs other players.

Beleive it or not, most people are happy enough and self confident enough to play fairly and still win.

Sad that you feel u need to gain advantage over others by abnormal means.

You go ahead and go for as many bufbots as u like, im happy enough to fight you with my one account, I have no urge to artificially cheat my char to be tougher to fight you.

Its very sad but a truth of some low self stature people.

Good luck in WAR in finding ways to gain advantage over normal players.

I hope you do really well.

You know i thought the same as you back in the early DAOC days when i didn't even know what buffbots were and was wondering why the hell some lvl 50 SB was ripping me to bits without even breaking a sweat.

Then i started reading about buffbots and the sad truth was if you were solo and you wanted an even fight you had to buff up.

I will not be using a buffbot on this game if it is how people say.

1. i don't want to be spending the extra 8.99 a month

2. i really cannot be arsed.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
The feeling of finally having a buffbot and being able to compete in RvR again though, without having to beg for buffs was awesome. :(

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
The whole concept of them drove loads of people away from the game I feel though, and Mythic let it go on (presumably to keep some extra 2nd accounts) at the expense of A_ the games RVR cerdibiility and B- the expense of all the many who found the idea of buffbots outrageuous.

The game isnt even out and here we already have people trying to get 'buffbot prepped' already.

rynnor

Rockhound
The game isnt even out and here we already have people trying to get 'buffbot prepped' already.

You misunderstood my original post - I wasnt pro-buffbots but I wanted to know if Mythic had done enough to discourage their use.

Up until this thread I hadnt spotted anything that would prevent them - I have no wish to see a bunch of AFK buffbots cluttering up safe areas personally.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
As others allready stated, the buffs are spread around the board and like in later daoc, group dependant, most if not all. You would need more then one comp to get the best of buffs out of all the classes, but if you ONLY :))) have 2 comps, then no, a second account would be a waste unless you a spy.

Faya

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
You misunderstood my original post - I wasnt pro-buffbots but I wanted to know if Mythic had done enough to discourage their use.

Up until this thread I hadnt spotted anything that would prevent them - I have no wish to see a bunch of AFK buffbots cluttering up safe areas personally.

Well if I have caused you offence I apologise.

Buffbots in my books is just a form of licensed cheating and just the thought of it gets me riled ;)

rynnor

Rockhound
Well if I have caused you offence I apologise.

Buffbots in my books is just a form of licensed cheating and just the thought of it gets me riled ;)

np - looking back at it I can see it wasnt particularly well worded - doh!

No offence taken :)

Liffster

Fledgling Freddie
I openly admit to having a buff bot account in DaoC. Frankly to be competitive in fg v fg rvr it became a necessary evil. I have to say though I'm very happy to see that the splitting of buffs between classes and other mechanics making it hard to twink, will allow people to win by skill and teamwork which is all for the good imo.

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
I run 5 accounts in WoW (4 shaman 1 paladin) though Im not going quite so bad for WAR.(mainly due to WARs excessive PC requirements as I run all 5 wow's from 1pc)

I plan to run 2 accounts in WAR, Ive tested 2 accounts at the same time on the same pc in WAR and it seems fine, little lag on /follow but think thats down to how chars follow or the fact its a test server so pings probbably not too great.

FYi current system spec is:
2 gig duel core
4 gig ram
512mb GPU with duel sockets
2 x 17" dell flat screens (will have a nice new 19" widescreen in a few days yay!)

so nothing too excessive.

Right now Im trying to decide on what duo to run, there is no buffbot class but zealots do make the obviose healbot with a nice buff for any other class. Im thinking sorceress + zealot is probably my favorite, all ranged so much easier to RvR with both at the same time, great DPS with a sorc that can stay with max dark magic :) and having a pocket healer gives great survivality.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I run 5 accounts in WoW (4 shaman 1 paladin) though Im not going quite so bad for WAR.(mainly due to WARs excessive PC requirements as I run all 5 wow's from 1pc)

I plan to run 2 accounts in WAR, Ive tested 2 accounts at the same time on the same pc in WAR and it seems fine, little lag on /follow but think thats down to how chars follow or the fact its a test server so pings probbably not too great.

2 gig duel core
4 gig ram
2 x 17" dell flat screens (will have a nice new 19" widescreen in a few days yay!)

Right now Im trying to decide on what duo to run, there is no buffbot class but zealots do make the obviose healbot with a nice buff for any other class. Im thinking sorceress + zealot is probably my favorite, all ranged so much easier to RvR with both at the same time, great DPS with a sorc that can stay with max dark magic :) and having a pocket healer gives great survivality.

threeps

Fledgling Freddie

2 gig duel core
4 gig ram

Cannot possibly see how anyone could play like that. Where is the satisfaction? Where is the skill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom