2 Accounts at once?

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Cannot possibly see how anyone could play like that. Where is the satisfaction? Where is the skill?

Hes just scared of dying, and wants 100% help in defeating enemies and not using skill. Doesn't like to be on same playing field as the rest and can only play with an advantage.

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
Cannot possibly see how anyone could play like that. Where is the satisfaction? Where is the skill?

against 1 person or 1 even level mob... well there is very little.

but then theres soloing a heroic instance, turning the tide of a 40 man battle on your own etc. now these things give great satisfaction.

to give you an example as a solo WoW player there was nothing I could do in AV(40v40 BG) to help defend on my own, and 99% of randoms just run to attack. but when I take in my 5 man team not only can i defend well on my own it also brings a lot of randoms to defence just to watch me work and as a result our defence wins the battleground.

I can understand multiboxing isnt to everyones liking but I enjoy it

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
against 1 person or 1 even level mob... well there is very little.

but then theres soloing a heroic instance, turning the tide of a 40 man battle on your own etc. now these things give great satisfaction.

to give you an example as a solo WoW player there was nothing I could do in AV(40v40 BG) to help defend on my own, and 99% of randoms just run to attack. but when I take in my 5 man team not only can i defend well on my own it also brings a lot of randoms to defence just to watch me work and as a result our defence wins the battleground.

I can understand multiboxing isnt to everyones liking but I enjoy it

Good luck in defending your sorc against a high dps melee class whilst keeping him alive and attacking back with 2 arms only! Have you ever tired to get groups to defend or a guild to run with?

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
Hes just scared of dying, and wants 100% help in defeating enemies and not using skill. Doesn't like to be on same playing field as the rest and can only play with an advantage.

Well I must admit I dont like dieing.... do you ?

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
I run 5 accounts in WoW (4 shaman 1 paladin) though Im not going quite so bad for WAR.(mainly due to WARs excessive PC requirements as I run all 5 wow's from 1pc)

I plan to run 2 accounts in WAR, Ive tested 2 accounts at the same time on the same pc in WAR and it seems fine, little lag on /follow but think thats down to how chars follow or the fact its a test server so pings probbably not too great.

FYi current system spec is:
2 gig duel core
4 gig ram
512mb GPU with duel sockets
2 x 17" dell flat screens (will have a nice new 19" widescreen in a few days yay!)

so nothing too excessive.

Right now Im trying to decide on what duo to run, there is no buffbot class but zealots do make the obviose healbot with a nice buff for any other class. Im thinking sorceress + zealot is probably my favorite, all ranged so much easier to RvR with both at the same time, great DPS with a sorc that can stay with max dark magic :) and having a pocket healer gives great survivality.

Please let us know your character name, I am sure a lot of people will be happy to go out of their way to put a bit of hurt on ya :p

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
Good luck in defending your sorc against a high dps melee class whilst keeping him alive and attacking back with 2 arms only!

kiting works wonders.

Have you ever tired to get groups to defend or a guild to run with?

got my own group when ever i want it. thats the best bit about multiboxing!

pikeh

Resident Freddy

He can probably put up with it. Much better to die knowing you fought well and fairly, than to use morally wrong tactics. Buffbots and DI bots are what killed DAoC for me, congratz on trying to infect WAR as well.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved

Its part and parcel of mmo's, i have ran around with my warrior in daoc for 4 years solo and hes only rr6 so i must have died pretty much 5 to 1 ratio of winning, thats not counting the times ive been rolled by zergs/fg/griefers. But the feeling when you beat a higher RR on a level playing field is worth all the times ive been rolled.

If 2 accounts does become necessary in WAR or 2 accounts gives you a major advantage, just like daoc the bb craze would happen, then WAR would slowly die as there are more people who would quit than would be willing/able to run 2 accounts at once. Thankfully Mythic have prevented this by spreading buffs and not making them as effective and hopefully no DI or similar spell will be introduced for the "i must win at all costs" brigade.

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
Please let us know your character name, I am sure a lot of people will be happy to go out of their way to put a bit of hurt on ya :p

sure I'll post after release.

Got to feel all the love in this thread :) I presume by your comment you have never once received a buff from a bot ever right ?

come on be honest now... we all already know the answer anyway :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy

Got to feel all the love in this thread :) I presume by your comment you have never once received a buff from a bot ever right ?

Its not whether he wanted to use a bot in DAoC or whatever, its the fact he was forced to because of people like you.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie

I played a shaman in DAoC and always used my own buffs thanks. Bots completely ruined the game for me. I remember my single target dot ticking on a reaver for 34ish / tick with 39 cave + 11 (capped bonus whatever it was back then) - that was the last day i played :p

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
Its not whether he wanted to use a bot in DAoC or whatever, its the fact he was forced to because of people like you.

People like me ? stange Ive never owned a DAOC buffbot.

when i play 2 chars I dont park 1 at a keep. its stuck to my other chars arse and just as able to die as anyone else. Im worth twice the RPs and against 2 other chars I usualy cant work as well as 2 other skilled players. theres a huge difference, thats why you dont get so many multibox whines in WoW as you do DAOC.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
People like me ? stange Ive never owned a DAOC buffbot.

when i play 2 chars I dont park 1 at a keep. its stuck to my other chars arse and just as able to die as anyone else. Im worth twice the RPs and against 2 other chars and usualy cant work as well as 2 other skilled players. theres a huge difference, thats why you dont get so many multibox whines in WoW as you do DAOC.

If you knew Horner then you would know the "love" he got.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
multi boxing in daoc became the normal so if you didn't do it you had little to no chance mythic try to counter it with champ lvl buffs etc

looking towards war multi boxing in pve could work not sure if it would be worth it though. however in people are multi boxing in pvp/rvr they in big pool of RP as war is about team work and if one person is try to control more than one toon they are not going to be able to play all the toons well enough, there i think will be come easy pickings much better to find friend and a TS and Vent server

just my opinion but i look forward to seeing multi boxers as i know ill be in a duo at least (with the miss's). but i hope people learn mmorpgs about about making friends and playing together

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
just my opinion but i look forward to seeing multi boxers as i know ill be in a duo at least (with the miss's). but i hope people learn mmorpgs about about making friends and playing together

Wish I could talk the mrs into playing war, I did try for WoW, some US multiboxer couple where attempting to 2 man(err 2 person i guess if you want to be PC) karazan and that really sounded like a laugh :) but every time I try and talk her round i just get a raised eyebrow and realise its futile.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
I played a shaman in DAoC and always used my own buffs thanks. Bots completely ruined the game for me. I remember my single target dot ticking on a reaver for 34ish / tick with 39 cave + 11 (capped bonus whatever it was back then) - that was the last day i played :p

shaman is not designed for damage or solo
there is a way to get even with ppl using bot by shearing their buffs.
(and if they were killed you would get loads of rps ^^)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

I also played a Shaman on DAoC, for quite a long time in RvR (Casual/Hardcore, depending on mood/if people liked me that day) and believe me, a well played Shaman doesn't need to rely on their DD. They need to rely on interupts and semi-healing, NS curing, and fall-safe buffing (till report)

HOWEVER. 3 shamans in a single group (just shamans) can do quite well in RvR, raked up a nice 20-30k rps killing RR8-RR10 solo classes with us 3.. Funny as hell.. Just kite, dot, kite dot, dd... etc XD is great.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie

i solo'd quite well before all the buffbot nonsense came about actually, or atleast before it was pandemic....damage while never high was always workable with kiting.sure i could have spec'd high aug for the shears, but then ur just a walking buffbot, would have ben quicker killing things with the good ol hammer

Brale

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think there is a stick or follow command and that will be the main antibuffbot tool.

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think there is a stick or follow command and that will be the main antibuffbot tool.

theres:

/follow
/target <INSERT PLAYER NAME>
/assist <INSERTPLAYER NAME>

tested all 3 they work fine, /follow was a little sluggish but playable

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
kiting works wonders.

Makes you wonder just how much you been playing war this far.

I really can't believe you willing to pay 6x the subs per month,that's more than initial cost to even buy the game.

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
Makes you wonder just how much you been playing war this far.

I really can't believe you willing to pay 6x the subs per month,that's more than initial cost to even buy the game.

Might want to go back and reread my original post stating I will only be running 2 WAR accounts. though this may change in the future but I only plan to start 2 chars for the headstart.

I havnt played 1 class a huge ammount thus far though I did get my sorc to lvl33 as dot spec so kiting is somthing I realised works rather well very quickly for those smaller PvP encounters.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
I can't believe people are actually still crying about buffbots? Thought that was 2003-stuff?

If you want to solo, you need a buffbot. Else you'll just group up, and get all the buffs you want.

I myself will try the game, and then (if the game allows me to gain advange) use a 2nd account for buffing.

Games like daoc, counter-strike, hell even card games are "social Dawinism". It's all about survival, baby. And i'm the fittiest one, if i get buffs.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I can't believe people are actually still crying about buffbots? Thought that was 2003-stuff?

If you want to solo, you need a buffbot. Else you'll just group up, and get all the buffs you want.

I myself will try the game, and then (if the game allows me to gain advange) use a 2nd account for buffing.

Games like daoc, counter-strike, hell even card games are "social Dawinism". It's all about survival, baby. And i'm the fittiest one, if i get buffs.

Buffs are spread a lot over all different classes. Good luck multi-boxing 6 different WAR's.

This attitude is what killed DAoC a lot for me and a whole other load of people.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
Buffs are spread a lot over all different classes. Good luck multi-boxing 6 different WAR's.

This attitude is what killed DAoC a lot for me and a whole other load of people.

Social dawinism. That's what the game is about.

The "great"/"elite" people will be trying to find ways to get a "legal" advantage over the norm - that's what the whole game is about. Finding a new weap that's better than your enemy = you have an advantage over him. It's the same.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
If someone wants to play two or more characters at the same time to get an advantage then fine - I don't mind. What I don't want to see is DAoC style buffbots which are hidden and give you nearly every buff possible.

If you really want to play half a group on your own then fine, just as long as a real group stands a chance.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie

Bah got my quotes on wrong person and post ;p

Muppet - directed at any1 wanting / needing to play more than one account.

Is the danger of fancing a normal playing and having a fair fight just too much to bare?

Stop ruining games, just PLAY the game and enjoy it in a competetive environment without cheating fellow players for a few points.

There was always a kid when u were younger that always wanted to cheat to try win (and cheat himself AND spoil the game)....these 'i will play 2 chars' people are exactly liek that little kid we all knew.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Social dawinism. That's what the game is about.

The "great"/"elite" people will be trying to find ways to get a "legal" advantage over the norm - that's what the whole game is about. Finding a new weap that's better than your enemy = you have an advantage over him. It's the same.

There's a big difference between getting the best weapons out there to gain an advantage, and paying more money just to get an advantage...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom