1fg Dragon Tactics <-- see inside!

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
As I’ve read a few posts lately relating to people wanting dragon raids, thought I’d put together my own little guide to killing the Albion dragon Golestandt with 1fg – tank setup. It is possible to kill him with 1fg of other classes (hello ML9 pets), but this is the most viable solution for most people.

Group Setup

Paladin – high spec in Shield, capped dex and some Mastery of Blocking preferred. Anger of the Gods is also a useful, as well as Purge and Vehement Renewal. Must be able to twist constantly, and be quick off the mark with changing guard.
Mercenary – Determination and Charge will help a great deal when the dragon is below 30%, Mastery of Pain will speed up the process. Longwind can also prove useful. ML10 banelord is very useful.
Mercenary
Friar – Must have the last heat resist (46 Enhancement). High spec in Aug Dex and Mastery of Pain will speed up the process, while Vehement Renewal will increase group survivability. EoY is important.
Cleric – At least one cleric (preferably all) will have yellow spec dex. DI is important, as is Purge and healing RAs. MOC can prove useful when things get tough. All clerics should have EoY. PR is also a great benefit.
Cleric
Cleric
Theurgist – Should be Earth specced and ML9, with high power pool. BAOD is very useful.

General Points

*Everyone should, of course, be ‘TOAed’ with all the necessary bonuses capped.
*Everyone should have 26% heat resist from their template.
*The more hits you have, the better.
*Everyone needs to be on voice coms – important!

Preparation

*Buff up outside of the lair (you can use buffbots to start with if they are kept far up the side of the hill).
*Paladin run to the near corners of the lair and back – this will pull the Elder Granite Giant mobs. Run back to group and deal with these.
*DI should be up, with other clerics ready to fire theirs (good idea to have one running while buffing, so secondary DI is already prepared).
*Protects should be set, one tank for each cleric.
*Intercepts and Guard should also be set to likely damage takers.

Tactics

*Pop BAOD on theurgist.
*Sprint into lair, paladin first, clerics spamming DI buttons.
*Paladin taunts dragon (use Enrage style throughout), slightly away from the mound towards the entrance of the lair.
*Group stays together in a radius of about 300 units.
*Clerics set FOP and heal wards.
*Several adds will run to your group – stay in the circle.
*Mercs hit and kill the adds with help from the theurgist and friar.

Check: Dragon should be on top of FOPs, paladin attacking dragon, rest attacking adds.

Standard Fighting
*Dragon should be on top of FOPs, everyone attacking dragon, paladin changing guard as needed. Dragon HP is going down.
*Only small heals should be used.
*Any deaths should be reversed as soon as possible and the resurrected player must be buffed straight away.
*EB/Haste/Heat resist should be employed as soon as someone is resurrected.
*Paladin constantly uses Enrage and twists.
*Mercs constantly use Dual Shadows.
*Theurgist casts single BT on the main target; PBT should also be running.

Petspam
Whenever you feel secure and ready for a petspam (everyone should be in standard fighting mode, dragon on FOPs), the following should happen:
*Theurgist spams earth pets at the dragon, uses Tartaros’ Gift/Jacina’s Sash until power has been used up.
*Cleric’s spam AE str/con and dex/qui buffs.
*Ensure mercs pop: Banespike (ML10), Demoralization (ML9), Chaotic Power (ML7).
*Paladin pops Anger of the Gods.
*If one cleric is warlord, they should pop Leadership (ML9) and Guided strike (ML5).
*Once petspam has completed, return to standard fighting and continue.

Dragon’s Defense
The dragon has a number of mechanisms it uses to ward off attackers. It is vital you follow these rules to ensure your groups survivability! It is useful to make rpfilters (/rpfilter <word> WAHHHHHHH etc) so you can see exactly what’s going on at all times.
*If the dragon glares at someone, he is about to AE nuke that person. Run away from the group, await the nuke, then run straight back to the FOP. He does this at random, at any time.
*At 100%, 90%, 80%, 70%, 50%, the dragon will unleash a blast. This is a PBAE fire attack around the base of the dragon. Pop BAOD, DI and run in all directions – split away from each other. It may be useful to designate directions at the start of the raid. Once the attack has happened, run back to the FOPs as fast as possible (watching out for another glare) and res/rebuff, carry on fighting.
*At 30% and below, the dragon will cast AE stun. He has a 5s or so cast time, during which he raises himself off the ground. Just before 30%, cast a det field in the circle. CB stun charges, purge, determination and charge all counter-act the stun. You will gain immunity to the stun for about a minute. He can stun any number of times.
*The dragon sometimes throws people around the lair. If you are thrown, sprint back to the FOP as soon as humanly possible. A spread group causes the dragon to nuke – this is bad!

Final Points
*Never split up, under any circumstances. Ever. If you are thrown, run back to the FOPs.
*Never stick the dragon. If someone is thrown and that person has agro, wait at the FOPs for him to sprint back.
*Never allow anyone else to enter the lair. This will piss the dragon off something rotten…BANG.
*Always use voice coms, they are invaluable to success.
*You don’t need a perfect group to kill the dragon, it just helps.
*Sometimes, the dragon is just too hard, or you have too much bad luck on nukes/stuns. Success rate for me is probably around 75%. Know when you are beaten.
*The dragon drops 25 full skill respecs, 25 RA respecs, several dragon-only items and lots of dartmoor mob drops.

Good luck, I hope this guide is a little useful. It could be expanded a long way – will try and update it in the future.

:cheers:

Ging

Part of the furniture
Rod, i just love you sometimes! If i could rep u again i would, and u know it :)

its like you have this folder of EVERYTHING one needs to know in PVE :)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
Rod, i just love you sometimes! If i could rep u again i would, and u know it :)

its like you have this folder of EVERYTHING one needs to know in PVE :)

And you just love his botty too, don't ya? ;)

Nice one Rod :clap:

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
hehe cheers mate, may pop along to the dragon raid thats being organised and watch too to see what happens

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
Eggy said:
*You don’t need a perfect group to kill the dragon, it just helps.

Amen.

Used the exact same setup a few times. I think only 1 merc and 2 of the clerics were TOAed and of any decent RR last time, with everybody else in Oceanus-BP-RoG heaven; but fooking hell did it take a long time?! esp. below 30%....

One extra tit-bit, when thrown in the air, you could avoid fall damage by strafing to one side. Bit of a bug though methinks, hopefully been fixed ;)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Rigga Mortice said:
One extra tit-bit, when thrown in the air, you could avoid fall damage by strafing to one side. Bit of a bug though methinks, hopefully been fixed ;)

Yeh, but as E&E I'm not supposed to be defining and exploiting bugs now am I :)

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Yeh, but as E&E I'm not supposed to be defining and exploiting bugs now am I :)

Exactly :D

<taps side of nose with gloved finger> You ain't seen me, right <disappears>

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Nice post, i saw one for mid...it went like this

walk into lair, use piety charge on ring, select dragon, press chamber, loot

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
Nice post, i saw one for mid...it went like this

walk into lair, use piety charge on ring, select dragon, press chamber, loot

Haha, rep!

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to eggy again.

:(

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Nice one Eggy
We used a Different Tactic, instead of the 3rd cleric we used a Necro.

Funny thing was we didn't get glared at once during the raid.

Another thing, don't fire the CB Anti stun charges untill the dragons on around 15%, if you fire them sooner the stun immunity might run out before the final pbaoe @ 10%

Also i dunno if they fixed this yet or not, does the loot still fall through the mound?

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Spread rep before giving it to Eggy again... sowwy :(

Anyways, you say theurgist ml9. As in convoker for the ml9 pets or stormlord for the dd field? (though i didn't think you could use any of those fields in pve?)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:
Also i dunno if they fixed this yet or not, does the loot still fall through the mound?

afaik its still bugged if it falls there, we always keep it off the mound for the whole duration of the fight.

Just so u know with the setup eggy gives above I have done golly in 22 mins.

mind u before the insta nerf on the old ra structure we did him in 45 seconds with 3 ice wizzs, 2 body sorcs, 2 clerics 1 pally.

Cant remember the name of the RA now but it allowed us to nuke for 500-600 + crits, with no resist :)

they nerfed it the next day......

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Ging said:
afaik its still bugged if it falls there, we always keep it off the mound for the whole duration of the fight.

Just so u know with the setup eggy gives above I have done golly in 22 mins.

mind u before the insta nerf on the old ra structure we did him in 45 seconds with 3 ice wizzs, 2 body sorcs, 2 clerics 1 pally.

Cant remember the name of the RA now but it allowed us to nuke for 500-600 + crits, with no resist :)

they nerfed it the next day......

How can you forget its name!
Magestic Will!

Not that i was body spec during that time (We killed him with Cabbies and Sorcs)

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Nice one :) Just wondering though, is it "healthy" for a cleric to put down a heal font? Won't this make the dragon aggro this cleric constantly and totally prevent pala from keeping the aggro? Even if he put prot on this cleric, i think that cleric would end up as tank. However, i haven't tried, and im sure you have :)

Also, when did MoC start being usefull in PvE for clerics? :p Afaik MoC only works in PvP, and you still get interupted by mobs (i tried this in PoC a couple weeks ago).

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
Nice one :) Just wondering though, is it "healthy" for a cleric to put down a heal font? Won't this make the dragon aggro this cleric constantly and totally prevent pala from keeping the aggro? Even if he put prot on this cleric, i think that cleric would end up as tank. However, i haven't tried, and im sure you have :)

Also, when did MoC start being usefull in PvE for clerics? :p Afaik MoC only works in PvP, and you still get interupted by mobs (i tried this in PoC a couple weeks ago).

There will be aggro shifting all over the shop anyway with 3 clerics, a friar and taunting tanks, so it's safe to put a heal font indeed. Aggro will still shift, and you'd be surprised how easily the dragon is guarded against - he doesn't hit very hard in melee at all.

MoC only gives a chance to cast through interruptions - sometimes works in PVE, sometimes doesn't :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:

Interrupts are level related - It's why against greens/greys you can often cast whilst being hit.

MoC just gives a 100% or so increase in the chance to avoid being interrupted. So if you had a 150% chance to be interrupted when hit by Golestandt, say, with MoC you have a 50% chance.

Against same level opponents, MoC ensures interrupt free casting.

Darzil

Kcinimodus

Fledgling Freddie
Nice guide, I'm sure it will help alot of people.

Just some small notes:
- He won't pbaoe at 100% and 50%, but at 60%, 40% and 10% (in addition to the other percentages you mentioned).
- He will only glare at you if you're out of melee range, he won't do it at random if you stay in range.
- I'd prefer bof3 over moc3 when fighting the dragon, with a couple of purple adds bashing you the chance of actually casting something isn't that big.
- Det field doesn't seem to work (allthough it might've been fixed dunno).
- Save purge for the rare event of you being stunned + glared upon, while in range of you groupmembers. Allthough you kinda need purge2 or 3 for that.
- Don't petspam just before one of the 10% health marks where he pbaoe's, cause that will just kill all your pets and that's some precious power wasted.
- Make sure people know about the lotto rules before you start.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Kcinimodus said:
- He won't pbaoe at 100% and 50%, but at 60%, 40% and 10% (in addition to the other percentages you mentioned).

Was a typo - sometimes he glares as you run at him is what I mean.

- He will only glare at you if you're out of melee range, he won't do it at random if you stay in range.

Well, thats what I thought initially, but sometimes he does glare at nearby folk...unsure why but it's happened to me in the past.

- Det field doesn't seem to work (allthough it might've been fixed dunno).

Pretty sure it's worked for me in the past...got some notes somewhere about stun duration on various chars.

- Don't petspam just before one of the 10% health marks where he pbaoe's, cause that will just kill all your pets and that's some precious power wasted.

Aye, good comment.

- Make sure people know about the lotto rules before you start.

SHINIES I WANT THE SHINIES!!!!!!!

Ging

Part of the furniture
i remember he once Glare killed my bb who was on the hill to the east, miles from the lair in physicality but still "inside" apparently. Was quite funny actually.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Can anyone who's done this with the 4 x ML9 sorc tactic fill me in on how it's done. Haven't attempted it myself and would like it added to this guide.

Also, can it be put as a link on the "booking" page pls Flim.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Can anyone who's done this with the 4 x ML9 sorc tactic fill me in on how it's done. Haven't attempted it myself and would like it added to this guide.

Also, can it be put as a link on the "booking" page pls Flim.

4x ml9 sorc = overkill Oo

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
pretty useless to use moc as a cleric if u have agro, the heals u spamming will just give u more aggro and u wont get many off if u got high con aggro. I tried to moc a purple cyclop once and i didnt get a single lifetap of before i died, perma interupted even with moc. Any time i can see this usefull if something goes very bad, like huge add or something

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
eggy said:
?

Mastery of the Arcane was removed when NF arrived!
Besides mastery of the arcane was the buff improvement Ra.
Majestic Will( 1-2-3) was the big mob kill Ra. And it was nerfed shortly after US toa came out when the big mobs started to drop on a huge scale. It vanished completely with NF.
/em ends history lesson.

Danita

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Reno said:
Besides mastery of the arcane was the buff improvement Ra.
Majestic Will( 1-2-3) was the big mob kill Ra. And it was nerfed shortly after US toa came out when the big mobs started to drop on a huge scale. It vanished completely with NF.
/em ends history lesson.

Danita

Aye, MoArt was the cast speed one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom