1.88c lol

Dard

Part of the furniture
1.88c :eek2:

Pendragon is up!

Posted By: Parizad Parav 2007-03-01 18:19:39

More Animist updates, and where the Treasury Clerks are hiding.

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.88c Release Notes
Animist and Recall Stone Notes
March 1, 2007

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- (Pendragon Only) Fixed an issue where guards would occasionally spawn under the floor in keeps.

- Personal Bind Stones, Personal House Recall Stones, and Guild House Recall Stones are now available to all players. The Royal Treasury Clerks have been moved out of the throne room so they can be accessed more easily by players who cannot enter the throne rooms.

- Newly created characters will find a Personal Bind Recall Stone in their packs upon first logging in.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

Animists

- Animists will now receive a new ability in their Creeping Baseline at level 29 called “Fungal Potency”. It is only usable in PVE zones, has a 2 second cast time, is non-interruptible and castable while on the move. The effect is a 350 radius pet cast ability that reduces resists against high level monsters. This will enhance the Animist pet's ability to hit high level PVE targets.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

Albion Monsters

- The Royal Treasury Clerk, previously located in the Albion Throne Room, can now be found in the Hall of Fellows in Camelot.

Midgard Monsters

- The Royal Treasury Clerk, previously located in the Midgard Throne Room, can now be found in the Assembly Hall in Jordheim.

- The realm guard 'Dilanna the Chosen of Hel' will now respond to the /where command properly as is her duty.

Hibernia Monsters

- The Royal Treasury Clerk, previously located in the Hibernian Throne Room, can now be found in Alainn Cuir in Tir Na Nog.

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

Item Notes

- The personal boats that are available for purchase in the Trials of Atlantis lands now require only one person to operate. They will now always move at full speed regardless of the number of passengers. In addition, the cost to purchase these items has been reduced dramatically. This includes the skiff used in all realms and the following realm-specific boats: British Cog, Viking Longship, and Elvish Caravel.

LABYRINTH WORLD NOTES

- Breeder worms and their offspring will no longer report as 'target not in view'.

- Cerberus is now resistant to ranged attacks.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
thought they may stick in a cots buff for animists. WHich makes me happier :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
k fixed PvE, now givf the PvP much needed improvements, kthx.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Why, because it takes more than 2 to kill MLX.10/Kraken/dragons/Levi/all artis completely? Sorry but they always seemed OP in PvE to me, compared to how many classes mid has to do the same job, even after the spam nerf, hence mid got COTs as our saving grace.

I dont know the class well, but I have seen so many mobs taken down by 2-3 animists knowing full well on mid it takes 2-3FG alone, I dont share the sympathy.

Even after the nerfs, I still see those mobs going down easier on Hib than mid, call me bias, but its hardly PvE balance now is it?

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Even after the nerfs, I still see those mobs going down easier on Hib than mid, call me bias, but its hardly PvE balance now is it?

How can you see that? The nerf patch isnt even live in the US yet.

/j

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
1.87 Live said:
[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Animists[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The number of Animist Turrets which can be cast within a 1500 unit radius has been reduced from 100 to a maximum of 30 turrets.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sorry, but that reads as a nerf, or do you mean the reduction to 5 main turrets in 1.88a?[/FONT]

Like I said, I dont know the class well, but it still reads even after 1.88c that 3-4 animists can still do more than an FG or two of mids, or am I incorrect?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
after 1.88c that 3-4 animists can still do more than an FG or two of mids, or am I incorrect?

After 1.88c both 3-4 animists and 2fg's of mids will both be able to wander over to the bounty merchant and purchase all required stuff.

Arguing about PvE abilities is somewhat wasted energy after the last ToA nerf. No-ones actually going to bother doing any of it anyway!

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sorry, but that reads as a nerf, or do you mean the reduction to 5 main turrets in 1.88a?[/FONT]

Like I said, I dont know the class well, but it still reads even after 1.88c that 3-4 animists can still do more than an FG or two of mids, or am I incorrect?

The strongest pve class in the game is a ml9 SM split spec with a charmed salamander. 5 animist shrooms hit for about 5-10 dmg each on most decent mobs.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH

lol

sure, if those mids are suckass punks with no clue about anything when it comes to pve.

shitpatch anyway..

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
After 1.88c both 3-4 animists and 2fg's of mids will both be able to wander over to the bounty merchant and purchase all required stuff.

Arguing about PvE abilities is somewhat wasted energy after the last ToA nerf. No-ones actually going to bother doing any of it anyway!
You seem to not be getting my point, 3-4 animists can do what it takes 16+ mids to do, wheres the balance in that.

As for the TOA nerf, people still need items for templates, so someone will still need to kill those mobs in the end, but its going to be damn hard to find 16+ mids to do it, but finding 3-4 animists will be a doddle.

Shike said:
sure, if those mids are suckass punks with no clue about anything when it comes to pve.
Again, finding a decent bunch of balanced toons to do certain things is hard again, so you resort to what you can get to do the job, still hard to do, so whats your point? Im glad in a way to be away from PvE on Dyvet, the sheer lack of numbers alone makes me think finding 2fg of mids to do anything remotely hard is painful.

Mids have cried out for a pet spammer since hibs got animists, we didnt get one, now hibs get that nerfed, then boosted in pve again, I still feel mid gets the bum deal on easymode PvE. We still need 3fg to do ML10, hibs need 5 people, we still need 3fg for our dragon, hibs need 8 people. As Ctuchik says, 1 or 2 players with COTs doesnt make things as easy as you might think.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
You seem to not be getting my point, 3-4 animists can do what it takes 16+ mids to do, wheres the balance in that.

As for the TOA nerf, people still need items for templates, so someone will still need to kill those mobs in the end, but its going to be damn hard to find 16+ mids to do it, but finding 3-4 animists will be a doddle.

Again, finding a decent bunch of balanced toons to do certain things is hard again, so you resort to what you can get to do the job, still hard to do, so whats your point? Im glad in a way to be away from PvE on Dyvet, the sheer lack of numbers alone makes me think finding 2fg of mids to do anything remotely hard is painful.

Mids have cried out for a pet spammer since hibs got animists, we didnt get one, now hibs get that nerfed, then boosted in pve again, I still feel mid gets the bum deal on easymode PvE. We still need 3fg to do ML10, hibs need 5 people, we still need 3fg for our dragon, hibs need 8 people. As Ctuchik says, 1 or 2 players with COTs doesnt make things as easy as you might think.

Whoodoo, I'm sorry but if you think you need 3fg to kill the mid dragon, you're so wrong it's not even funny.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Whoodoo, I'm sorry but if you think you need 3fg to kill the mid dragon, you're so wrong it's not even funny.
Having been on a lot of DRs, I fail to see how else to do it, nothing funny about it, perhaps you would like to share your wisdom with the rest of us rather than bleeting useless junk.

Here is the standard setup for DRs on Mid, its the best and TBH only way to do it. Needless to say the mid dragon is the hardest (by both player and Mythics opinions!). So lets hear your version.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Having been on a lot of DRs, I fail to see how else to do it, nothing funny about it, perhaps you would like to share your wisdom with the rest of us rather than bleeting useless junk.

Here is the standard setup for DRs on Mid, its the best and TBH only way to do it. Needless to say the mid dragon is the hardest (by both player and Mythics opinions!). So lets hear your version.

You could easily break that down into a tank group and an add group.

i.e. 2 healers, 2 warriors, 1 shaman, 3 damage dealers (possibly 2 and pbt)

Second add-group could be: RM, Pbaoe, 2x Healers, 4x damage dealers.

Davejohnson

Banned
i think 4 animists and 4 valks have about the same capabilities to kill the big monstarrrzzz in daoc.

animists are better for pl no doubt, but i would also take a sm+guardbot over animist any day for that :)

Leahc

Fledgling Freddie
i think 4 animists and 4 valks have about the same capabilities to kill the big monstarrrzzz in daoc.

animists are better for pl no doubt, but i would also take a sm+guardbot over animist any day for that :)

(4x30) 120 shrooms + Animist version of 'CoTS'. If each shroom hit that huge mob for around 10 damage, that is like 1200 dmg each second or so, not counting in the effect of 'CoTS'.

4 Valkyries + CoTS. The CoTS will affect the to-hit-code, but still only 4 people to hit the mob for gimped damage each swing. Animist have 120 vegetable buddys hitting the mob, do you see a difference here?

Seeing videos of a fg of Theurgs killing 7.10 main mob in under a minute, and few Animists + bots farming ML10 and dragon is OP. Midgard has nothing like that.

Midgard PvE is not fixed with CoTS, it got better, but we still suck ;)

Davejohnson

Banned
(4x30) 120 shrooms + Animist version of 'CoTS'. If each shroom hit that huge mob for around 10 damage, that is like 1200 dmg each second or so, not counting in the effect of 'CoTS'.

4 Valkyries + CoTS. The CoTS will affect the to-hit-code, but still only 4 people to hit the mob for gimped damage each swing. Animist have 120 vegetable buddys hitting the mob, do you see a difference here?

Seeing videos of a fg of Theurgs killing 7.10 main mob in under a minute, and few Animists + bots farming ML10 and dragon is OP. Midgard has nothing like that.

Midgard PvE is not fixed with CoTS, it got better, but we still suck ;)

yeah, current shroomlimit is 15, not 30 for starters.

valks will not hit for 'gimped' damage, and as a plus they can heal and guard eachother.

the hib dragon is bodyimmune as of a few patches ago.

theurgs + necropowertransfer is op as hell, ive never said otherwise.

midgards cots versions can be used while moving, and doesnt require a 'camp'.

i would really see you giving a few examples of encounters where you rather want 15shrooms then a cots. (not talking animist pbaoe, or ml9 pet or even absorb)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
4x5. Animists have been limited to 5 shrooms each.

4x6. Animists have been limited to 5 FnF shrooms they can always cast their controllable turret :p

The problem with with pet spam is that not only did it increase the to-hit bonus against high level mobs but the pets also took agro and dealt damage. The damage shrooms now do in PvE has effectively been reduced to 1/3 of what it was.

In both these cases you are ignoring the fact that mids need more people to be as effective. 4 valks not only need buffing but will almost certainly need active healing. Thats probably 6 active people; 4 valks 2 healers + 1-2 bots. The animist need just 4 active people + 2 bots.

In your second example you say that sm+guardbot+ buffbot would be better than animist+buffbot. Why don't you make the comparison fairer, what would you rather have sm+guardbot or animist+ani/eld/chanter for pling?

It is true that you can kill the mid dragon with around 9 active players. But this isn't done very often and relies on the fact that the players know exactly what to do, are well equipped and are usually high realm rank. You simply don't have to put as much effort when using pet spam classes.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
It is true that you can kill the mid dragon with around 9 active players. But this isn't done very often and relies on the fact that the players know exactly what to do, are well equipped and are usually high realm rank. You simply don't have to put as much effort when using pet spam classes.

mids have killed the dragon w 1 fg in classic...but it prolly took ages
there is also a video w loads of dark rms killin dragon in less than 1 min in the us
the 3 fg dr its almost 3 years or more, but it always works n the loot is just fine 2 rocks in 1-2h
it should b reconsidered havin in mind all changes made
givf baby dragons :drink:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
its the best and TBH only way to do it.

As said it's been done by a fg on classic servers.
I came close to doing it with a FG on classic with no-one above RR2.
With the Cots changes + the boosting of Valks doing it with a FG these days should be fairly straight forward. You find most of the public ones on Alb take 2 to 3 groups despite having theurgs.. The organised ones take a FG because that's all you need, same as on Mid.

It's FAR from the only way to do it. Maybe your problem is simply that you assume that once you've done something one way that's the way it should be done.

COTS for Mid is actually very effective assuming you know how to use it properly.. Other than ML10 and maybe 7.10 I'd say Mid probably has the best tools for farming encounters these days. And i'd rather have cots tanks than the post nerf animists for ML10 anyway.

Davejohnson

Banned
In both these cases you are ignoring the fact that mids need more people to be as effective. 4 valks not only need buffing but will almost certainly need active healing. Thats probably 6 active people; 4 valks 2 healers + 1-2 bots. The animist need just 4 active people + 2 bots.

In your second example you say that sm+guardbot+ buffbot would be better than animist+buffbot. Why don't you make the comparison fairer, what would you rather have sm+guardbot or animist+ani/eld/chanter for pling?.

4 valks specced for pve wont need active healing.

and i would rather have sm+guardbot then 4 animists when pl'ing.

Farhach

Fledgling Freddie

Yes. You cannot count 2 animist pets as 1 player when it comes to pve. Players outdamages even the best fnfs by far. Not to mention that grouped players that have played the game for more than a week, wont pull more mobs than needed, in the middle of a fight. Shrooms do. The thing is with our shrooms, that more makes it easier to hit. As we get nerfed down to just 5 pets, we wont have enough to break the to-hit-code on the tougher encounters. With this few castable pets, we will not be able to be effective in pve, even if we use the best fnfs.
We got a new spell though with that patch that might take care of that, somewhat.

Shrooms wasnt the only tool in our arsenal that got "fixed" though. Most of our bomber-spells were made instant hit. That takes away further attackers for breaking the to-hit-code. So instead if counting as more attackers, and by that making the shrooms able to hit, you will have a castable spell that hits instant, which will get outright resisted and that wont contribute with anything. This is something that effects pve only, and had nothing to do with rvr whatsoever. And our teamlead asked specific to let us keep this feature. Mythic dont listen to that though... As usual.

Animists just have to learn to work around this. And we will still be wanted for groups or bigger raids and such. As all animists brings more attackers, nerfed or not. But its not strange that we get cranky as we get much of our good stuff, and stuff that makes the class unique and fun to play, taken away from us. Any other classes would as well.

Im still waiting for my ****** level 50 baseline nuke though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom