So i got my Credit Card bill....lol

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Well we all know there was a problem with the sub pages when LOTM went live, well i had 1 account closed and wanted to open it that day but it failed a couple of times, GMS said you will not be billed for those times.

Well they billed my account 3 times that day, so how can i get my money back?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
only real option is to run the gauntlet of rightnow :(

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Same issue here ... has not been resolved 2 weeks later :(

And i ran the rightnow gauntlet like 10 times over the 1st week ... got 2 replies none which helped :eek:

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Use RightNow to see if they can sort it.

If this fails then contact your credit card company to get it sorted. Avoid this if possible though, as GOA will end up with a chargeback fee they have to pay for.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
If this fails then contact your credit card company to get it sorted. Avoid this if possible though, as GOA will end up with a chargeback fee they have to pay for.

I'd take this route and wouldn't lose any sleep over goa being charged for it.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Go to your bank or credit card company and they will sort it.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Well we all know there was a problem with the sub pages when LOTM went live, well i had 1 account closed and wanted to open it that day but it failed a couple of times, GMS said you will not be billed for those times.

Well they billed my account 3 times that day, so how can i get my money back?

Dispute the transaction with your credit card company, let them know you have been fraudulently billed for the items, it will take some time but you will get the money back.

If GoA dont cooperate or take to long, then you can also request any information relating to you and financial transactions as well as account details under EU data protection laws

http://ec.europa.eu/justice_home/fsj/privacy/

http://www.cdt.org/privacy/eudirective/

I have found recently the pleasure of annoyoing companies with data protection requests when they fail to answer my customer quieries in a timely and legaly requried matter. I have no problem escalating the enquire to the relevant countries data protection agency, where they get an nice investigation and fine...

Infact if GOA say they cannot release information to you because it is against internal company policy due to your account being suspended/banned/ or just general information, they you can request YOUR information, Am sure Requiel will give you the contact details GOA'S data protection officer if you ask nicely.

:m00:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
only real option is to run the gauntlet of rightnow :(

nah, alot faster to go to your bank. and then actually tell them to do something about it to stop it from happening to others, as its clearly have been...

this problem have been here on and off for how many years now? and clearly going through rightnow isnt solving it permanently. ask the bank if they can somehow get some fire under whoever it is thats handle the billing to get this shit sorted.

i'd do it myself but (un?)fortunatly this havent happend to me yet.

if nothing else u could always go to the police and file a attempted fraud/theft report. i dont think anything but a very extreme thing will make it change.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I'd take this route and wouldn't lose any sleep over goa being charged for it.

i'd do that to. as anything that isnt gonna cost them will make them fix the fking problem already!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
AFAIK teh GOA team who read the Rightnows dont deal with the financing, its don through a third party. Email your complaint to subscription@goa.com and they should be able to trace whats wrong with your billing.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Dispute the transaction with your credit card company, let them know you have been fraudulently billed for the items, it will take some time but you will get the money back.

If GoA dont cooperate or take to long, then you can also request any information relating to you and financial transactions as well as account details under EU data protection laws

http://ec.europa.eu/justice_home/fsj/privacy/

http://www.cdt.org/privacy/eudirective/

I have found recently the pleasure of annoyoing companies with data protection requests when they fail to answer my customer quieries in a timely and legaly requried matter. I have no problem escalating the enquire to the relevant countries data protection agency, where they get an nice investigation and fine...

Infact if GOA say they cannot release information to you because it is against internal company policy due to your account being suspended/banned/ or just general information, they you can request YOUR information, Am sure Requiel will give you the contact details GOA'S data protection officer if you ask nicely.

Isn't this normally the point where the CM comes in steaming at 100 mph saying here's two fingers to EU Law, we operate under French law only etc etc etc :p

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
thats incorrect unless the contract you agreed to specifically states that you both will follow french law.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
thats incorrect unless the contract you agreed to specifically states that you both will follow french law.

i've seen this arguement before with CM's and users and always they define things under French law. So when WHO comes out, things will be defined under Irish law probably and not EU law. Sad but true lol.

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
I know we automatically refunded everybody who was billed more then once for the same account during the LOTM release and if anyone hasn't yet we will of course look into this.

As said in this thread the CM's do not handle billing issues but I would like to keep an eye on this. Could people affected by this please submit a Rightnow under the "Life on your server" category?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Go to your bank or credit card company and they will sort it.

That's what I'd do, CC companies are very powerful and since this is obviously just a little mistake it'll get fixed a lot faster than getting GOA to do it.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Isn't this normally the point where the CM comes in steaming at 100 mph saying here's two fingers to EU Law, we operate under French law only etc etc etc :p

true but like the UK, the french also have to abide by EU data protection legislation

if a french company says it doesn't have to abide by the relevant conventions just have a word with these people and they will check it out...

http://www.cnil.fr/

Had a problem with WOW recently as i was paying for a friends account, but he sold it and i wanted to make sure i still wasn't paying for it, Blizzard wouldn't tell me as i am not the account holder. As soon as i sent them an email requesting the data protection officers details so i could get a copy of all transaction i have carried out with them, they some how managed to let me know that i wasn't paying for that account...

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Some people were billed multiple times for transactions as we explained in the news a few weeks ago. Those people should all have been reimbursed. This means it's entirely likely that there are multiple charges from us however there should also be corresponding refunds a few days later.

If there are no refunds for the additional charges on your account then you should contact subscription(at)goa(dot)com with all the details. You can speed this up if you can quote the payment IDs for all the additional charges. You can get these payment IDs by going to Bibit's payment checker, where you can find details of every payment that's you've made to us in the last two months.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Some people were billed multiple times for transactions as we explained in the news a few weeks ago. Those people should all have been reimbursed. This means it's entirely likely that there are multiple charges from us however there should also be corresponding refunds a few days later.

thats not really the issue. the issue is that the problem never stays fixed.... kill that fucking flash homepage ur so in love with and rework the sub pages to something that *wont* screw things up!

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
thats not really the issue. the issue is that the problem never stays fixed.... kill that fucking flash homepage ur so in love with and rework the sub pages to something that *wont* screw things up!

The subs pages weren't the issue. The problem was a backend one with the billing system. Flash or no Flash it would have made no difference at all in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom