1.88c lol

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
mids have killed the dragon w 1 fg in classic...but it prolly took ages
there is also a video w loads of dark rms killin dragon in less than 1 min in the us
the 3 fg dr its almost 3 years or more, but it always works n the loot is just fine 2 rocks in 1-2h
it should b reconsidered havin in mind all changes made
givf baby dragons :drink:

hmm that fg dork rm:s killing dragon was probably before MW RA nerf, worked same way to all realms.
theres 1fg mids who killed dragon, thou they had 1fg bots etc standing outside to help killing.
hmm ml7 end mob was killed in albs, fg (Team wizard?) under 1 minute, so far what i have visited there we have work that mob 10-30minmin+ and mids been 30+

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
yeah, current shroomlimit is 15, not 30 for starters.
valks will not hit for 'gimped' damage, and as a plus they can heal and guard eachother.
the hib dragon is bodyimmune as of a few patches ago.
theurgs + necropowertransfer is op as hell, ive never said otherwise.
midgards cots versions can be used while moving, and doesnt require a 'camp'.
i would really see you giving a few examples of encounters where you rather want 15shrooms then a cots. (not talking animist pbaoe, or ml9 pet or even absorb)

for guard you need shield, sword + mend spec, and guess keep OW low.
even it look so dam easy valkyries power goes down so fast + hardly any regen middle battle, offcourse can spam potions etc not gona be piece of cake.

animist cast 5 shrooms, offcourse highest, cast hibs cots, and voila, you have there animist + bott + 5 shrooms, now go and try same whit s/s valk + bott and use cots.
you gona see difference, no point even argue that.

now whats real different? mids cots can be used in rvr, what remember hibs version was pve only.
keep/tower red+ guards/captains go faster down when use cots.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
hmm interesting reading about pve stuff but since when has CoTS worked on the Dragon btw? Last time i tried a "CoTS raid" we had 4 CoTS users (varied valks and thanes) aswell as a lower than normal amount of zerks and the zerks did no noticable increase in damage when all 4 CoTS were running.

Bearing in mind that 4 x CoTS running should give a virtual +60 attackers for "to-hit" code the damage should definitely have gone up on the zerks (as it does normally when multiple CoTS are running like on ml10 raids) but it didnt so i came to the conclusion a long time ago that some mobs are CoTS immune. Also I heard recently that some other encounters are CoTS immune too (fire island) but never got this confirmed though.

It does make sense that the mob with the most drops (50 respec stones, remains, 4 MP named drops and 4-10 crap rogs) being harder that normal I guess and even tho its quite possible to do it with less than 23 active ppl I found my raids had a 99% success rate and were fun which was the intention anyway :) I had intended to run some 12 player Dragon Raids but just never got round to it and doubt I will do now as for those smaller "farm" raids aren't about fun but getting decent RR/100% active dedicated ppl to be as effective as possible.

From my somewhat limited experience of playing hib on ava/lyon I do think its super easy mode in hib pve and tbh cant see a reason why mid didn't get similar "pet-spam". Not sure if shroomers should have gotten a nerf or just given mid what we wanted for years and thats a pet-spammer similar to theurgs/ani's.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Went on my first hib dragon raids yesterday.
The animists that were there wern't used to hit the dragon but to guard the gates. Given on Mid this role was performed by any single class with an insta nuke then it didn't seem much different.

I think Bluesky got it spot on.. you can do raids with lots of people and do stuff in a fairly casual relaxed manner, or you can take the minimal number of people and have everyone play 100% to do it.

From the short time I played on Mid it did seem like it was people's belief that the first way of doing it was the better way to do stuff. Most people I talked to just cited no pet spam as the reason they were doing it using lots of people even tho I had farmed the same encounters on Alb many times without using theurgs. Petspam makes stuff faster, there's very little that can't be accomplished using the same numbers witout petspam however, if you put a bit of thought into it.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Think it has been done on classic with tank group, add group and a third groupto sort out aggro

Should be able to walk it on a TOA server

Davejohnson

Banned
for guard you need shield, sword + mend spec, and guess keep OW low.
even it look so dam easy valkyries power goes down so fast + hardly any regen middle battle, offcourse can spam potions etc not gona be piece of cake.

animist cast 5 shrooms, offcourse highest, cast hibs cots, and voila, you have there animist + bott + 5 shrooms, now go and try same whit s/s valk + bott and use cots.
you gona see difference, no point even argue that.

you think animists regen more power in combat or what?

valks can have a pombot and powerregen mytherian just as any caster, so any power-issue is kinda void for this arguement..

Leahc

Fledgling Freddie
you think animists regen more power in combat or what?

valks can have a pombot and powerregen mytherian just as any caster, so any power-issue is kinda void for this arguement..

Animists can also have pombot and powreg mytherian, but Valkyries have very low powerpool, and cannot even be PIE buffed. I think most sane Animists will have a very high powerpool.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
hmm that fg dork rm:s killing dragon was probably before MW RA nerf, worked same way to all realms.
theres 1fg mids who killed dragon, thou they had 1fg bots etc standing outside to help killing.
hmm ml7 end mob was killed in albs, fg (Team wizard?) under 1 minute, so far what i have visited there we have work that mob 10-30minmin+ and mids been 30+

rainbow mid fg in CLASSIC glast, that means no bots just rr5, n there's video
team wizzy killed samut w fg of theurgs also in video

in mid ,especially in exca, ppl just cba w eriny's n other high lvl end mobs
and valk need loads of end for the proc styles

Davejohnson

Banned
Animists can also have pombot and powreg mytherian, but Valkyries have very low powerpool, and cannot even be PIE buffed. I think most sane Animists will have a very high powerpool.

acuity-buff does not increase your powerpool. and i still dont think power will be a problem versus any encounter that 4 animists could kill.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Having been on a lot of DRs, I fail to see how else to do it, nothing funny about it, perhaps you would like to share your wisdom with the rest of us rather than bleeting useless junk.

Here is the standard setup for DRs on Mid, its the best and TBH only way to do it. Needless to say the mid dragon is the hardest (by both player and Mythics opinions!). So lets hear your version.

If you want to do it without even breaking a sweat (not even trying to get it down to bare minimum) then 1 person at each of the 4 entrances plus a group on the dragon - average realm ranks were around RR3 when we used to farm it.

As other people have been said you can do it with even less than this.

I'm just fecking sick of the ohhh noes no pet spam we can't do shit argument having played in mid for the past two years and having tbh feck all trouble getting anything I wanted for myself or my guild.

About the only thing I'd say was out of whack, was the ML10 farm situation, I'm just making the point that there's not a huge difference in numbers needed to farm the dragon in all 3 realms.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Look i'm sorry if I was having a go, i just wanted to make it perfectly clear, that at least in my experience there's little difference in farming the dragon on all 3 realms.

So sorry if I caused offence.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
hmm interesting reading about pve stuff but since when has CoTS worked on the Dragon btw? Last time i tried a "CoTS raid" we had 4 CoTS users (varied valks and thanes) aswell as a lower than normal amount of zerks and the zerks did no noticable increase in damage when all 4 CoTS were running.

coz all it does is make u hit more, not harder.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
coz all it does is make u hit more, not harder.

I don't think thats completely true as when we used to use it on ml10 raids casters used to rarely land a nuke on Draco at first then ppl started blowing CoTS but NOT MORE actual ppl hitting the mob (upping the "to-hit" code) then yes, you do land hits more often but also the more CoTS users with CoTS running the more damage you do aswell.

My damage on my casters went up significantly from crappy 20-30 to 200-300+ per nuke. Also you could tell when CoTS was running easily when there was a /bu broadcast for all valks/thanes to time it together and then almost immediatly see the dps ramp up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom