1.87E - BD, ML9 nerf...

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
Shaman

- A new group endurance regeneration chant has been added to the Augmentation spell line. It will follow the same level progression as the existing concentration based endurance regeneration in the Augmentation spell line.

2 Minor Earth Vivification
12 Lesser Earth Vivification
22 Earth Vivification
32 Greater Earth Vivification
42 Superior Earth Vivification

Spiritmasters

- A new permanent charm spell has been added to the Spiritmaster's Darkness spell line. This will allow the Spiritmaster to charm monsters up to 100% of the caster's level, or to the highest level allowed by the spell.

12 Hel's Control Level 26 maximum
26 Hel's Possession Level 40 maximum
34 Hel's Dominion Level 50 maximum

General

- Level 50 versions of the salamanders have been added throughout Atlantis where other salamanders can be found.

Master Levels

- The value of the Convoker Master Level 9 ability, Summon Mastery has been reduced from a 20 level increase for a controlled pet to a 5 level increase in any RVR zone, such as New Frontiers, Labyrinth or Darkness Falls. The ability remains unchanged when used in all PVE zones and all of Gaheris.

splitspec SM INC!! :p

Killswitch

FH is my second home
According to the SM TL, if you spec 34 Dark 40 Summ you can perma-charm a level 50 salamander, buff it out the arse, ML9 it to effective level 70 and then use the level 40 FDS (27.1dps) for farming. This makes the SM far and away the most powerful solo PvE farmer in the game. Even with the pet boosts for Necro and Chanter, a 40/34 SM is going to be hardcore.

I reckon it'll get a nerf, but I could be wrong...at least they'd have to spec for it differently than they would for RvR.

Oh yeah, and they can spec Juggy3 as well...with +spell duration they can have a fully-buffed level 70 sally with huge FDS for what...8+mins out of 10?

Jeez...

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
the patch suddenly looks v nice :)

ML9nerf.. well, I really dont understand why they didnt change this about.. 2 years ago. Mythic is about as fast as my old grandma tbh :/

BDnerf, same there really, should have been done ages ago. Fair nerfage imho.

Skaldchanges hmm, dont think they will matter so much at all.

What I didnt like is the SMchange. There is zero reason for that petcharm for a selfsummoner. If there is a problem with the pet that SM already have access to, fix that pet instead then, imho.

Funny thing is, SM is already one of the best casters in the game, along with sorc, caba and elds, and yet Mythic feel a need to bump SMs. Why? Can someone explain that to me in a way that actually make sense.

Oh and btw, the patch would be even better if they totally nerf the shit out of lifetaps.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
I don't use my sorc for rvr anymore, casters are just boring, but fuck year pve is gonna be easy with level 70 salas. Wish it was a lookout thou :)
Only 5 level boosts in pvp is abit over kill thou imo. Instead make it eg 10 levels and only 1-2 min duration.

And it seems bds got nerfed to oblivion.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
Funny thing is, SM is already one of the best casters in the game, along with sorc, caba and elds, and yet Mythic feel a need to bump SMs. Why? Can someone explain that to me in a way that actually make sense.

Stops the 'why can't we charm level 50 pets' whine in it's tracks, whilst not changing much cos people won't use it ?

Darzil

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Killswitch said:
According to the SM TL, if you spec 34 Dark 40 Summ you can perma-charm a level 50 salamander, buff it out the arse, ML9 it to effective level 70 and then use the level 40 FDS (27.1dps) for farming...

Jeez...
If you want to get even more worked up, add in the lvl22 valk HoTbot.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Darzil said:
Stops the 'why can't we charm level 50 pets' whine in it's tracks, whilst not changing much cos people won't use it ?

Darzil

50 Darkness Spec loltapper (90% return 183 delve) with an ML9 or Juggy Stun Chicken? There's a reason Hib DPS caster don't get lifetaps...

There's enough whine about the sorc baseline LT :)

Oh...and SMs get Mezz in the Dark specline also...I think some people will use this in RvR.

E

Eruptix

does this mean sm's can get 2 pets now?

1 charmed,1 summoned? :eek:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Eruptix said:
does this mean sm's can get 2 pets now?

1 charmed,1 summoned? :eek:

no, it'll be the same as Hunters, one or the other.

Darzil

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Maeloch said:
Yeah you have to laugh, a class that's got everything still has to be given a e-dummy to keep em happy with the ML9 changes. Before the ML9 nerf was even inc I reckon the sorc TL was already lobbying for 50th lvl sallies - so unfair, ments and mincers can charm these ubah mobs, why can't we?

I am not sure why Sorcs should need Salamanders, good enough level 50 Mobs out in ToA.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:
I am not sure why Sorcs should need Salamanders, good enough level 50 Mobs out in ToA.
I know, they hit like wet fish and lot of other mobs better for tanking stuff down fast, they soak up shit loads of damage is all. Mythic didn't just spontaneously decide to make 50th lvl sallys spawn for no reason however, someone obviously think they are a big deal and has been asking for it.

Focus pulling is prolly one area where they will really shine I guess since all they have to do is sit there and soak up dps, the reverse dd proc wont hurt either.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
focusing with a buffed lvl70 sala will be a laugh I guess :)

Hmm, the sillyest thing is that, that pet can probably tank leviathan alone without any problem at all, and it even aggros adds aswell with the aoeprocc.

haha

cmr

Banned
this patch makes me happy tbh :) suppression BDs are now dead

darkness is going to be nice to spec in if going dex4 for the snare nuke, all the pets casting snare spells too even the commander, thats great.... kite ftw :p

50 darkness 20 supp wp5 mom5 ad4 aa3

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
i dont see why everybody says bd's are dead now because htey got their loltap nerft to 8 sec? its still a good char or am i wrong here?

Jess

Loyal Freddie
Andrilyn said:
75%+ melee immunity is not something I would want to lose out on so that makes that charm spell kinda crap, unless you only need plain damage.

Have to correct this common mistake.
The SM pet intercept rate is 50%

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Yup BD´s will still be awesome, have a low lvl insta lt to get upper hand if a caster jumps u, spec darkness and play as damagecaster in grp. Loads of snares and stuff from the pets too.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
cmr said:
this patch makes me happy tbh :) suppression BDs are now dead

darkness is going to be nice to spec in if going dex4 for the snare nuke, all the pets casting snare spells too even the commander, thats great.... kite ftw :p

50 darkness 20 supp wp5 mom5 ad4 aa3

Have to agree with Brite. No reason to stay with suppression as main spec line. Lowing supression so the interupt is still available.

Probably time to look at Dark with an eye to respecing.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
if sm have got perm charm can cabbys plz have it in the body line too plz

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
NIce patch overall, agree with brite and noaim bds wont be dead jst it takes atleast some amount of skill to play 1 now. Assisting a rm with a ok nuke snare pet with ml 9 will still work well. Lets not forget twf baod as RAs and a super rr 5.

Sala pet is just silly same with Sms getting charm.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Gamah said:
ROFLROFLORLF @ Skald changes...

...Minstrels..you're offically shit, re-roll.
Yes, because being invisible to 95% of the playerbase is just so useless...

pff

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Svartmetall said:
Link to these tests please.

He is probably refering to tests done where a fully buffed lvl 50 ML9 summ sm was attacked by a naked unbuffed lvl 50 zerker in melee which "convincingly" proved that the intercept rate wasn't 50%.......

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Cadelin said:
He is probably refering to tests done where a fully buffed lvl 50 ML9 summ sm was attacked by a naked unbuffed lvl 50 zerker in melee which "convincingly" proved that the intercept rate wasn't 50%.......

why would that matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom