Here's the last major round before we go live this week:

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Version 1.87e Release Notes
Zone bonus and class changes
January 9, 2007

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- The bonus to experience and coin gained that currently exist in all Shrouded Isles zones is being changed. The double coin bonus will remain the same and this bonus will also be added to all Classic zones. The experience bonus will be reduced to 150% and this bonus will also be added to all Classic zones. To summarize, all Classic and Shrouded Isles zones will have a 150% bonus to experience and a 200% bonus to coin for characters adventuring there.
Note: Double coin and experience will remain in all RvR areas.

- To complement the addition of the new border keep graphics, we have created an optimized version of the border keep that is used on the New Frontier side. This should help with the visual lag on the New Frontiers side of the border keeps.
Note: There is a known issue with zoning from the New Frontiers back to the realm-side of the border keep in Hibernia and Albion. Porters have been placed on the frontier side of both Hibernian and Albion border keeps temporarily to assist players in returning to their home realm.

- (Pendragon only) Fixed an issue with the new Warden Healing Over Time progression. The spells will now be awarded at the proper level.

- (Pendragon only) Wardens will now properly receive the level 32 endurance reduction buff Attack Unceasing.

- (Pendragon only) Pets can no longer cast through water.

CLASS CHANGES

Bonedancers

- The health condition in which the Fossil Healers begin healing is now set to 75 percent instead of 90 percent.

- The shield styles introduced earlier in 1.87 will now favor the lower spec styles instead of the higher ones such as Slam. With this change the styles, in general, are used slightly more.

- The Health Regeneration spell cast by the Fossil Healers now has a 10 minute duration.

- (Pendragon only) The cast time for the Fossil Healer spell is now set to a 25 percent reduction instead of the 50 percent reduction introduced in 1.87d.

- Dread Commander changes: The Dread Commander now has several possible defensive procs that grant one of the following - blade turn, haste buff, evade buff and parry buff.

- There are now specialty commanders available at 40 spec for each line: Bone Army, Darkness and Suppression.

Bone Army

Dread Archer

- Has a high evade rate.
- Has access to sword and shield styles.
- Has a dexterity buff that it will cast on spawn and via keyword command.
- Has a defensive proc ability that grants an accuracy boost.
- Has an Armor Factor debuff proc.

Darkness

Dread Lich

- This commander can cast while in melee until successfully interrupted a few times.
- Has an archmagery buff which it will cast on spawn and via keyword command.
- Has access to a disease spell.
- Has access to a debuff/nuke spell.
- Has access to a snare spell.
- Has access to a direct damage spell.

- Through keyword commands, the Bonedancer can control which type of spells the Dread Lich casts. By default the lich will cast the disease and debuff/nuke spell. Keyword control grants access to debilitating, snare and damage spell options. The Dread Lich can only cast one set of these spells at a time.

Suppression

Dread Guardian

- This commander can cast while in melee until successfully interrupted a few times.
- Has an armor factor shield it will cast on spawn and via keyword command.
- Has an absorption shield that it will cast via keyword command.
- Has a defensive proc that will cast an Ablative Shield.
- Has a Health Regeneration spell that will stack with the Fossil Healers.
- Has a Power Regeneration spell.

- The recast timer of the Bonedancer's instant lifetap in the Suppression line has been increased to 8 seconds.

- The levels that Bonedancers receive their Commander pets have been adjusted. The new progression is as follows:

1 Summon Bone Boss
7 Summon Bone Overseer
12 Summon Bone Chieftain
20 Summon Bone Commander
32 Summon Bone Master

- In order to facilitate these changes, several spells were shifted by 1 level.

Level 40 Spell, Bone Knives (Damage Add) has been moved to level 41.
Level 5 Spell, Lesser Bones to Dirt (Damage Over Time) has been moved to level 4.
Level 6 Spell, Bones to Iron (Heal) has been moved to level 5.
Level 7 Spell, Bones to Dirt (Damage Over Time) has been moved to level 6.

Enchanters

- Underhill Friends now have a chance to evade.

- The heal spell cast by the Underhill Ally has had the cast time reduced by 50 percent.

Necromancers

- The following elixirs can now be used while in shade form: Elixir of Strength, Elixir of Dexterity, Elixir of Fortitude, Elixir of Enlightenment, Elixir of Deftness and Elixir of Might.

- All Necromancer pets are now one level higher when summoned. This means that they cap out now at level 45 instead of level 44.

The following changes have been made to the Lesser Zombie servant:

- Has a chance to double swing.
- Has a chance to proc a short duration stun that triggers immunity.
- Has had its defense and hit point values increased slightly.
- Is resistant to Root and Mesmerize spells.

The following changes have been made to the zombie servant:

- Has a chance to double swing.
- Has a chance to proc an absorption Debuff.
- Has had its defense and hit point values increased slightly.
- Is resistant to Root and Mesmerize spells.

The following changes have been made to the Reanimated Servant:

- It can now evade.
- It has had its defense value increased slightly.
- It can now use thrust styles.

The following changes have been made to the Necroservant:

- It has had its defense and offensive value increased slightly.
- It can now use slash styles.
- It can now use shield styles.

The following changes have been made to the Greater Necroservant:

- It has had its offensive and hit point value increased slightly.
- It can now use critical styles.
- It can now has a chance to double swing.
- With keyword commands the Greater Necroservant can now proc a melee range disease or poison Damage Over Time.
- On spawn and via keyword command it will cast a Dexterity Buff on itself.

Shaman

- A new group endurance regeneration chant has been added to the Augmentation spell line. It will follow the same level progression as the existing concentration based endurance regeneration in the Augmentation spell line.

2 Minor Earth Vivification
12 Lesser Earth Vivification
22 Earth Vivification
32 Greater Earth Vivification
42 Superior Earth Vivification

Skalds

- A new fatigue reduction chant has been added to the Battlesongs spell line. This chant will reduce the endurance cost of combat styles, similar to the Friar's Saint's Energy spell line.

12 Chant of Energy 10% Reduction
22 Chant of Stamina 15% Reduction
32 Chant of Persistence 20% Reduction
42 Chant of Tenacity 25% Reduction

- A new melee ablative chant has been added to the Battlesongs spell line. This chant will absorb 100% of each hit, up to the maximum amount listed.

30 Barrier of Sound 25 Health Points per tick
40 Shield of Melody 40 Health Points per tick
50 Wall of Song 70 Health Points per tick

Spiritmasters

- A new permanent charm spell has been added to the Spiritmaster's Darkness spell line. This will allow the Spiritmaster to charm monsters up to 100% of the caster's level, or to the highest level allowed by the spell.

12 Hel's Control Level 26 maximum
26 Hel's Possession Level 40 maximum
34 Hel's Dominion Level 50 maximum

- The shield styles introduced earlier in 1.87 will now favor the lower spec styles instead of the higher ones such as Slam. With this change the styles, in general, are used slightly more.

TRADESKILL NOTES

- The craftable costume potions have been changed so they delve correctly.

- Tinctured bows (and crossbows) now have appropriate sellback values that take into account the added cost to craft them. Note that this will only apply to those crafted after 1.87e.

- (Pendragon only) You no longer need to talk to an order-master to transition between 100 point thresholds. You no longer receive a "free" skill point, everything that used to happen when you talked to your order master, should now happen on the multiples of 100 skill points.

- (Pendragon only) /setwho should now work correctly when changing orders.

- (Pendragon only) Crafted items will now be created with max condition.

- The object being spell crafted will no longer be destroyed in a spell-crafting critical failure. Only the gems will be destroyed.

- There is now a 30% chance to skill up woodworking by repairing doors that are within 50 points of your skill level to repair. Example: You will gain skill points if you have between 200 and 249 points in woodworking on a wood5 door.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

General

- (Pendragon only) The portal pads for Sauvage and Druim Ligen have been put back into the revamped border keeps.

- (Pendragon only) Fixed the issue where characters traveling from the realm side of the Hibernian border keeps into the New Frontiers would arrive above the ground.

- (Pendragon only) Fixed the issue where characters were having difficulty returning to the realm side of the Hibernian border keeps from the New Frontiers side.

Quests - Albion

- Fragile Alliance (Epic 1) and Trouble at the Abbey (Epic 2) - Heretics, Necromancers, and Reavers will no longer be directed to Bishop Kustan to begin these quests, but will be correctly directed to the Arawnite Envoy.

- The Hobgoblin Job - The Recruit's Axe no longer uses a polearm model.

Quests - Midgard

- Helping the Svartalfar - Maulers may now successfully complete the quest.

Quests - Hibernia

- Freeing Osier - Graoch will no longer have troubles advancing past step 2.

- Xaxnxi's Quest - Maulers may now successfully complete the quest.

- Hunting the Highwayman - The text for step 1 now specifies that the Gurite must be slain in Lough Gur.

SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES

General

- The map for Faraheim has been updated to correct the spelling of the connecting zone 'Modernagrav'.

- Pathing has been redone for the Avalon Isle zone. This fixes an issue where pets would fall through the ground in the entryway to Avalon City.

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

General

- Level 50 versions of the salamanders have been added throughout Atlantis where other salamanders can be found.

Master Levels

- The value of the Convoker Master Level 9 ability, Summon Mastery has been reduced from a 20 level increase for a controlled pet to a 5 level increase in any RVR zone, such as New Frontiers, Labyrinth or Darkness Falls. The ability remains unchanged when used in all PVE zones and all of Gaheris.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
looks like juggernaught 3 will be a better choice than having to get ml9. Although reducing it by 15 levels might be seen as a bit high.

Either way bum was going to go convoker on druid might not now and go perf instead.

Just noticed they also gave sorc charm to spirit masters.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Maeloch said:
Master Levels

- The value of the Convoker Master Level 9 ability, Summon Mastery has been reduced from a 20 level increase for a controlled pet to a 5 level increase in any RVR zone, such as New Frontiers, Labyrinth or Darkness Falls. The ability remains unchanged when used in all PVE zones and all of Gaheris.

about bloody time tbh

Gamah

Banned
ROFLROFLORLF @ Skald changes...

So now they have everything a minstrel has (apart from access to shit stealth, oh yes and the mega awkward pet charm teheh!) + an end reduction chant with insanly higher DPS.

Minstrels..you're offically shit, re-roll.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Hope mid finally shut it about not having a pet spam class, cause they can go 34 darkness and 40 sum and get a ml9 buffed sallie with focuss shield hmmm ;d

Have fun farming all arties xD

Time to give mentalist convoker or the same charming ffs, its a joke how mentalist have to charm mobs ;d

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Awarkle said:
looks like juggernaught 3 will be a better choice than having to get ml9. Although reducing it by 15 levels might be seen as a bit high.

Either way bum was going to go convoker on druid might not now and go perf instead.

Just noticed they also gave sorc charm to spirit masters.
With all the pet love, 5 levels is plenty, imo.

Duelwielding necroservants with CS styles will be fun. :p

Skald changes are fluff, tbh. Skalds can't twist very well, so we're still limited to one chant. End reduction, damage add, ablative....all pretty gimped anyways.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
ROFLROFLORLF @ Skald changes...

So now they have everything a minstrel has (apart from access to shit stealth, oh yes and the mega awkward pet charm teheh!) + an end reduction chant with insanly higher DPS.

Minstrels..you're offically shit, re-roll.

and the amazing part is, skalds are still pretty fucking crappy.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I would like to be the first to welcome the Bonedancer to the Midgard ''you've been shafted'' hall of fame. Please take a seat next to the Zerk and Savage.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
swords said:
I would like to be the first to welcome the Bonedancer to the Midgard ''you've been shafted'' hall of fame. Please take a seat next to the Zerk and Savage.

xD I laughed ;)

Finnally the most focking anoying shit char got nerfed to shit ;)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
swords said:

Bonedancers.....

the casters that felt confident enough to get in there with their pets and whack you with their staves whilst they lifetapped

:p

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Did they fix the Teleporting pets yet :p ?

These patches get lamer and lamer tbh

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Oh BD LT at 8 sec combined with the insta debuff not interrupting and the (prior patch) BL radius nerf hmm seems like BD's ain't going to mass interrupt much anymore :p
Wonder if many Mids will use the charm spell in RvR.. 75%+ melee immunity is not something I would want to lose out on so that makes that charm spell kinda crap, unless you only need plain damage.

Seems like alot of changes people have been asking for so generally it seems to be a good patch, Give more Friar love though :(

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Minstrel should be able to kill Bds if they pop rr5 ability but I dont see how other melee classes are going to be able to kill them?

I guess in return for the rvr nerf, sorcs are now uber farmers with access to level 50 salamanders and ml9 buff. wow that is going to make arties and scroll farming insanely easy.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda weird that the SM charm would be in the darkness line... I would have thought it was a chance to encourage alternative specing rather than the cookie cutter darkness for rvr and spirit for pve?

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Ballard said:
Kinda weird that the SM charm would be in the darkness line... I would have thought it was a chance to encourage alternative specing rather than the cookie cutter darkness for rvr and spirit for pve?

will be redundant in rvr due to the intercepting pet that procs stun lifetap etc, slightly more useful :)

however it is a pve boost as SMs can charm level 50 pets such as Rager sallys and gorgs to farm with while still being the common rvr spec, similar to sorcs and mentalists! :) a sort of ballance i guess.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I may be wrong but aren't all of the good salamanders orange con? In which case this new SM pet charm thing wouldn't be able to charm them?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
kirennia said:
I may be wrong but aren't all of the good salamanders orange con? In which case this new SM pet charm thing wouldn't be able to charm them?

they added new lvl 50 salamanders, might be they are almost as good.

Arquest

Fledgling Freddie
Endurance reduction for skalds... Very good thingy. Now i dont think i am missing anything else on my class. Ablative chant (have lived and can go on living without it).

If you find your class always win because of OP attributes then reroll . You will never enjoy the game.

When is this patch expected to come live?

P.S i still remember a minstrel that powned me by kitting all time while a red con frost stallion was nuking me/kicking me for 250. So Minstrels pet charm ability is great (personal view)

Btw i think my 1st post of the year So Happy new year to us all

Arquest

Lvl 50 skald

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
SkarIronfist said:
I have to be honest, not been a great patch for me :)

Well as I see it this was the final nail in the coffin for fg rvr bd's. Ah well I guess they had their time :)

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
very nice indeed. kinda getting motivated to play mid now :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Ballard said:
I guess in return for the rvr nerf, sorcs are now uber farmers with access to level 50 salamanders and ml9 buff. wow that is going to make arties and scroll farming insanely easy.
Yeah you have to laugh, a class that's got everything still has to be given a e-dummy to keep em happy with the ML9 changes. Before the ML9 nerf was even inc I reckon the sorc TL was already lobbying for 50th lvl sallies - so unfair, ments and mincers can charm these ubah mobs, why can't we?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:

na

jugga3 = 1min dur, 15min re-use

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
sallys are 52 tho not 50

cant remember seeing 50s i could be wrong tho been ages since i farmed with my mincer

EDIT: didnt notice there was a page 2

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I'm bringing the strong Mentalist whine to VN and the official Ment TL forums as well as spamming feedback to Mythic about how the class needs help...

I'm also wishing I'd rolled an Eld :(

EDIT: see here for example whine!!!

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
Shaman

- A new group endurance regeneration chant has been added to the Augmentation spell line. It will follow the same level progression as the existing concentration based endurance regeneration in the Augmentation spell line.

2 Minor Earth Vivification
12 Lesser Earth Vivification
22 Earth Vivification
32 Greater Earth Vivification
42 Superior Earth Vivification

about fucking time :d

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom