Bolts, tags, titles, fixes, oh my!

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.84g Release Notes
New Battleground and Class Updates
June 13, 2006

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Bolts have been changed so that they will no longer fail to hit a target in combat unless the target is being melee attacked by an enemy who is within a range of 200 units. In such cases, there is a 20% chance of failure for each attacker within a range of 200 units.

For example, there are three players - Player A, Player B and Player C. Player B is melee attacking Player A, and is within a range of 200 units. Player C is the bolt caster who is casting a bolt at Player A. Since Player A is being attacked by Player B, and Player B is within a range of 200 units, the bolt from Player C has an 80% chance of landing on Player A (not withstanding normal built-in hit/miss rates). However, if Player A has other attackers begin melee attacking at a range of less than 200 units, the chance of Player C's bolt hitting Player A will be reduced by 20% for each attacker. Therefore, if Player A is being attacked by two enemies within a range of 200 units, Player C's bolt only has a 60% chance of hitting; if Player A is being attacked by three enemies, then Player C's bolt has only a 40% chance of hitting; all the way up to five or more attackers, in which case Player C's bolt will completely fail to hit Player A.

This change is an improvement for bolt casters over how it currently functions in the game. Right now, if a bolt caster attempts to hit a player who is in combat with one enemy - regardless of that enemy's range - the bolt will fail 20% of the time. This new change does not penalize the bolt caster when his or her target is being attacked by enemies who are more than 200 units away in distance.

- Specialty titles have been implemented for NPCs providing special services. Examples of such NPCs are Realm Point Removers, Trifecta Dealers and Dread Seal Merchants.

- The <Epic> title has been added to monsters whose abilities and tricks make their con deceptive. A yellow-con <Epic> monster may require a full group to defeat, despite its equal level. Throughout the next several patches, the <Epic> tag will be added to additional monsters as appropriate.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

Valewalker

- The Damage type on Conflagration has been set to Heat.

- Conflagration should properly delve as a level 50 style.

Valkyrie

- The resurrection spell from Odin's Will (Call from Valhalla) no longer overwrites the Baseline Mending Resurrection spell (Arrival from Valhalla).

- Redeem from Valhalla no longer shares a recast timer with Call of a Thousand Storms.

NEW FRONTIERS NOTES

Cathal Valley Battleground - General

- (Pendragon only) Adjusted the gatekeepers and guards at the Hibernian portal keep to match the new graphics/layout.

- The Ancient Hermit in Cathal Valley has been itemized.

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

Quest Notes - Oceanus

- The Melos Alliance, 30-39: The faction reward for this quest was increased. Players only need to complete the quest once to receive the required faction amount.

- The Melos Alliance, 40-50: The faction reward for this quest was increased. Players only need to complete the quest once to receive the required faction amount.

- The Mau of Sekhmet: The faction reward for this quest was increased. Players only need to complete the quest once to receive the required faction amount.

- The Mau of Bastet: The faction reward for this quest was increased. Players only need to complete the quest once to receive the required faction amount.

CATACOMBS WORLD NOTES

Quest Notes - Albion

- Hounds of Arawn: Group members who are not on the quest, nor at the teleportation steps, will now teleport to the correct locations.

COOPERATIVE SERVER NOTES

- (Pendragon Only) Thanks to the efforts of several groups of excellent testers on Pendragon this weekend, we have made numerous tweaks, fixes, and additions to the new Relic Keep Encounters that were added earlier in the patch cycle. (Dev Note: Thanks to all those that participated and we hope everyone enjoys the changes when they go live.)

- Patrols have been added to keeps. The number of patrols increase with the difficulty rating of the keep. One group keeps have one patrol, two group keeps have two patrols and three group keeps have three patrols. These patrols consist of the same monsters occupying the keeps.

- Seal rewards have been slightly increased for the one group keeps.

- The difficulty of the 3 group keeps has been increased.

- The difficulty of the 2 group keeps has been slightly increased.

- ROG has been added to the Keep Lords.

- ROG has been added to Lord Agramon.

- Epic encounters in the relic temples have been itemized.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
They are kind of stealing the Epic monster idea from WoW ...

So why not rip off the uber postal system now also please !!!

Also Realm point removal npc's ???

Im never leaving my rvr chars afk near one of these in a net cafe :(

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
Punishment said:

lol :D trust no one!

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Punishment said:

theyre in the BG's

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
The "Epic" tag was used in EQ2 way before WoW :) mobs that were yellow con had an extra ^^ suffix if they were epic level

The faction changes are nice tho

illu

Part of the furniture
Looking at the notes again - does it just mean that if you are being zerged by 5 players, someone can't bolt you to leech points off you?

It would be nice if 5 people were zerging you, after you die they get a "Shame" effect that makes them turn into a little piggy for 10 minutes and the person they kill gets 1000RP in compensation :>

Oli - Illu

pip

Banned
wow deadly for warlocks then:( once they use there chambers they are dead? what if you got runi in a grp? tank is attacking your caster?will you miss the enemy:confused:

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
if you bolt someone who has an assist train on them, you dont deserve rps anyway :p

this is a decent change .....but wheres the lower recast timer they promised meeeeeee !!

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Make RM bolts hit like fire wizzies bolts then too whilst your at it!

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Punishment said:

The rp remover is meant for players who play in BG,so they can stay there for longer.

X

xGenocidex

Lol @ epic monster part... go go mythic for stealing WoW's idea's :|... and its not gonna make the game any better! just more annoying.. the only reason WoW "Epic" "Elite" monsters are fun to fight is BECAUSE YOU DON'T NEED STUPID SC'D ARMOR TO DO IT! there for your making epic monsters for sc'd people only "More" or less.. gg more shit changes.. bolt one is alright i guess tho

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah damn Mythic for stealing everything from WoW I mean WoW is so damn origional and didn't steal anything from other games.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Andrilyn said:
Yeah damn Mythic for stealing everything from WoW I mean WoW is so damn origional and didn't steal anything from other games.
qft

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:

I mean yeah, the auction house system, incredible innovation on that part.

.... :p

Kinag

Part of the furniture
xGenocidex said:
Lol @ epic monster part... go go mythic for stealing WoW's idea's :|... and its not gonna make the game any better! just more annoying.. the only reason WoW "Epic" "Elite" monsters are fun to fight is BECAUSE YOU DON'T NEED STUPID SC'D ARMOR TO DO IT! there for your making epic monsters for sc'd people only "More" or less.. gg more shit changes.. bolt one is alright i guess tho

Sigh, I'm getting so fed up with your "OMG, MYTHIC/GOA SUCKS!" bullshit..

Septina

Part of the furniture
xGenocidex said:

And ofc WoW didnt 'steal' any ideas from daoc, right? ^^

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Pretarded said:
its not actually stealing, its borrowing ;p
So after a certain time they'll give the ideas back to the original game?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Punishment said:

Then WoW stole it from EQ

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
xGenocidex said:

take a look at EQ for instance that came before WoW. Epic tag has been in alot of MMOs before WoW.

Stop being such a WoW fanboi.

Alachbar

Fledgling Freddie
Cant understand why people whine because Mythic implements things from other games.

OMG Its stolen from another game!!11 - So what, if its good!

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
i blame wolfenstein for all of our troubles! - if it wasnt for that darn game, we would be ok.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
some ppl just have to whine no matter what. if sun is shining waaaajn... its pouring down waaaajn.... :wanker:

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Omfg.

Check this out, it fits perfectly.

Daoc is an mmo. Wait hang on, SO IS WOW!.

Daoc involves pve, FUCK SO DOES WOW.

Daoc involves pvp. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMGZ SO DOES WOW.

It's such a conspiracy mates, crap your alluminium hats and head for cover!

pip

Banned
Only thing mythic should steal from wow is the /emotes /rasp :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:
The most ironic aspect of this are the American WoW kiddies who accused Peter Jackson from stealing ideas from WoW to the Lord of the Rings movies.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Nice change. I hope to fix the miss rate also. I mean there are times i bolt a kobold from 300 units range. How on earth i can miss since the bolt is bigger than him :eek7:

Ah give speed to wizys also and it will be ok :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Belomar said:
The most ironic aspect of this are the American WoW kiddies who accused Peter Jackson from stealing ideas from WoW to the Lord of the Rings movies.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom