1.84a

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Illudian said:
Did they just nerfed the friar?

depends how good the HoT will be, if it heals for more then the direct heal then i'd say its a buff rather then a nerf.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
depends how good the HoT will be, if it heals for more then the direct heal then i'd say its a buff rather then a nerf.

Also depends whether it stacks with their castable HoT.

Darzil

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Takhasis said:
Once again, hunters/scouts/rangers get overlooked :/

we'll get no love
they won't do squat to beastcraft incase it imbalances the 'stealth wars'
instead they'll give druid pets everything that hunters have been suggesting for years
archery itself won't see any real changes as the moans from casters would be seismic
They'll give us something great like trueshot I at 50 bow spec :p

Appendix

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Thane

- Sword styles for Thanes have been adjusted in the following manner:

Assault now has a 20 energy DD
Ice Storm now has a 50 energy DD
Polar Rift now has a 75 energy DD
Ragnarok now has a 150 energy DD

150 DD on a back-positional for a 2h-wielder... doesn't sound like balance in my ears (or on my wizard's poor back for that matter :p)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Aiteal said:
we'll get no love
they won't do squat to beastcraft incase it imbalances the 'stealth wars'
instead they'll give druid pets everything that hunters have been suggesting for years
archery itself won't see any real changes as the moans from casters would be seismic
They'll give us something great like trueshot I at 50 bow spec :p

really sad but I can actually see them doing something stupid like that :p

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Pretty sure my future spec will be 50 sword, 42 shield, 38 sc, 10 parry

DoomHammer is nice indeed but I would prefer having a uber style I can spam while still having slam to stop my targets. Another bonus(imo) with having 38 SC is that you use less power with the nukes but they still act just fine on the department where they work the best - interupts.

Above spec and moc1 for mass interupts using lighting. Thats one evil combo tbh.. :flame:

living

Fledgling Freddie
Kraben said:
Pretty sure my future spec will be 50 sword, 42 shield, 38 sc, 10 parry

DoomHammer is nice indeed but I would prefer having a uber style I can spam while still having slam to stop my targets. Another bonus(imo) with having 38 SC is that you use less power with the nukes but they still act just fine on the department where they work the best - interupts.

Above spec and moc1 for mass interupts using lighting. Thats one evil combo tbh.. :flame:

Aye giving the procs on those sowrd styles completely messed up hammer spec line - sword is no much better nomatter what.. seems like they just threw them on the samle level styles and forgot about everything ells imo

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
fettoken said:
Sorc love anyone ? Like cone lifetap.

Remove the lifetap all together from the sorc tbh, or nerf it down to max 50% of current damage, because for a class with all that utility it's just silly that it can do that great damage.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Ballard said:
I dont understand how a class like paladin has got so much love in patch after patch while classes like mentalist sit out in the cold getting nothing. How many mentalists do you see in rvr? And yes i have a paladin.
Well personally pretty hopeful; the recent patch notes show they've reognised alot of classes needed some fixing, they've already given a few some serious lovin, and it's just a case of getting round to em all. imo anyhow, mebbe I'm just kiddin myself.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
They will get to them all. It will just take time before everyone is done.

There are quite a few classes out there

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ballard said:
and celerity. Considering paladin was already a perfectly viable class before any of these changes I would say yes there has been enough love.

Pallies have the same WS as a champ and the other hybrids.

Perfectly Viable...have you got a paladin...and i dont mean a /20

I decided to try a test to see which class had the best weaponskill, all of these chars have 50 skill in their weapon type, all are 100% str based weaponskill, they dont have any armour on or items, just a lvl 5 weapon. The Paladin and Thane have 80 str at start and the Champion had 78.

Thane without buff = 770 ws
with self buff = 1035 ws

Paladin = 723 ws

Champion without buff = 799 ws
with self buff = 1030 ws

So yeah, sure thing our WS is the same....

Everz

FH is my second home
Bahumat said:

Miko - Phoenix Knight Paladin for Natural Selection on Lamorak

read the sigs..

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Appendix said:
150 DD on a back-positional for a 2h-wielder... doesn't sound like balance in my ears (or on my wizard's poor back for that matter :p)

Why bother with 2handed. 1handed will deal about half the overall MELEE damage but don't forget that weapon procs are NOT based on the speed of the weapon, but instead on the weaponskill of the user. So swinging 3 times faster with 1handed sword and capped quickness will give 3 times the dps :p

SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES

Item Notes - General

- The drop rate for tinctures off boss monsters in the epic SI dungeons has been increased. Also many more monsters now drop tinctures besides the boss monsters in these dungeons.

Hurrah!

Appendix

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Why bother with 2handed. 1handed will deal about half the overall MELEE damage but don't forget that weapon procs are NOT based on the speed of the weapon, but instead on the weaponskill of the user. So swinging 3 times faster with 1handed sword and capped quickness will give 3 times the dps :p
Yes I realise how DD-style procs work and that a faster weapon is better dps-wise. But I don't think anything will survive a Slam+Ragnarok+InstaDD combo from a Troll thane wielding a 5.7 spd sword. Add to that the high crit-chance with both MoPain and Dual Threat and you have probably the best frontloading tank in the game.

If Mythic keeps this up everyone will cry out for DD-style procs for their class. Reaver had it first but can only use 1h. Friar got it but only 75DD and have to sacrifice Enhancement for it. But giving 150DD to 2h-wielders is crazy imo.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Master Level lines: Since the launch of ToA, some master level lines were not perfectly suited to the classes that had them. If we swapped out Master Level lines, we would be taking away a choice from our players, which is never an ideal solution. In this version, rather than swapping out Master Level lines, we plan to offer every class an additional choice of a third existing Master Level line.
Will valks get banelord now? :p

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2413.shtml

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
mythic funked up once many times n lost over 50% of player base.
this time mythic serves an easily digested game w easy pve n generous pvp so payin customers can test concepts to the limit for the upcomin warhammer.
more crazy updates INC!!!
:drink:

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Loved my valk from the min I made it to this day , but tbh all I wanted with these patches was Evaid 1(or higher) and some more WS :/

But ill have to settle with being near unkillable in 1V1 fights with melee classes - its like ip1.5 without having to use rp's and can use it every 15 secs :p

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:

I decided to try a test to see which class had the best weaponskill, all of these chars have 50 skill in their weapon type, all are 100% str based weaponskill, they dont have any armour on or items, just a lvl 5 weapon. The Paladin and Thane have 80 str at start and the Champion had 78.

with self buff = 1035 ws

Paladin = 723 ws

with self buff = 1030 ws

Paladin will get self str buff in 1.83..... Would say thats about 200-250 ws for the paladin aswell....

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:

with self buff = 1035 ws

Paladin = 723 ws

with self buff = 1030 ws

Why havent you included the self str buff above for pally? Did the characters have identical strength at 50?

You also havent to take into account champion has about 630 af compared to about 950af on paladin. Honestly paladin is far more desirable in groups than thanes or champions so I really dont know where you are coming from.

And yes I do have a paladin :touch:

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:

SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES

Item Notes - General

- The drop rate for tinctures off boss monsters in the epic SI dungeons has been increased. Also many more monsters now drop tinctures besides the boss monsters in these dungeons.

Hurrah!

With haste and celerity I wouldnt be so sure that the dps is higher with a fast 1-hander. 1h for when celerity isnt up, as soon as you get it, bring out the 2h I think.

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
Being able to instaheal your tank train every 15 seconds is pretty huge. Combine that with warlord and it will be really hard for alb and hib tanks to go after your tanks first. Plus, you can just stop for a second and snare their tanks so that yours can get away and continue raping their support...

Nice patch for midgard imo

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Joor said:
Being able to instaheal your tank train every 15 seconds is pretty huge. Combine that with warlord and it will be really hard for alb and hib tanks to go after your tanks first. Plus, you can just stop for a second and snare their tanks so that yours can get away and continue raping their support...

We don´t have to stand still for our CAE snare :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Joor said:

Well I'd rather have a valk on me then a Vendo+Banespike Zerker so I for one hope Valks get Banelord would mean Mid DPS will go down if they get a Valk.
Also the Valk PBAE insta heal caps at 650 hp according to VNBoard tests so not such a big deal and you can just grapple the Valk if needed and then he only would be able to heal himself with the insta heal.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:
Well I'd rather have a valk on me then a Vendo+Banespike Zerker so I for one hope Valks get Banelord would mean Mid DPS will go down if they get a Valk.
Also the Valk PBAE insta heal caps at 650 hp according to VNBoard tests so not such a big deal and you can just grapple the Valk if needed and then he only would be able to heal himself with the insta heal.

Yes grapple a valk is a good idea....

Bl heals, HoTs, interupts etc etc.

Besides. Valks have charge :clap:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:
Yes grapple a valk is a good idea....

Bl heals, HoTs, interupts etc etc.

Besides. Valks have charge :clap:

You can still interrupt the Valk when he is being grappled and with todays extending groups seem to be fotm so Charge means 9/10 times your dead if you don't watch yourself.
Too fun to put a speedwarp down and kite back and see Mr. Charge comming in and insta die because he's out of healing range.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ballard said:
Why havent you included the self str buff above for pally? Did the characters have identical strength at 50?

You also havent to take into account champion has about 630 af compared to about 950af on paladin. Honestly paladin is far more desirable in groups than thanes or champions so I really dont know where you are coming from.

And yes I do have a paladin :touch:

Plates also weak to crush which funnily enough is the main choice when it comes to dmg types.

the characters had all the points pumped into str at char creation (except the remaining 1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom