Fledgling Freddie
===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.81c Release Notes
Realm vs Realm and Class focus
November 22, 2005

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Realm points will now be awarded for successfully repairing a door or outpost piece. Players will receive approximately 10% of the amount repaired in realm points.

- While a player is shape changed to a lion when summoning a guild banner, the guild banner will no longer appear to come out of the lion's mouth.

- If an Animist uses a Realm Rank 5 ability while summoning a guild banner, the guild banner will no longer stick out from the side of the player character.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

Armsman, Warrior & Hero Changes

Heavy tanks are considered the defensive juggernaughts of the realm they fight for, and as such, will be getting added abilities and improvements to their classes.

Note: These abilities are currently only available on newly created characters. All of these will be available on previously created characters in the near future. Functionality of some spells are not yet finalized and will be adjusted accordingly. Please feel free to include any feedback you have in a bug report while testing these abilities on Pendragon.

- BattleCries - This is a new system that provides burst defensive bonuses to self and group for Heavy Tanks.

- Level 5 Shout - Taunting Shout: Frontal cone taunt that causes mobs to turn and fight the tank or at least increase the hate amount towards the tank. Re-usable every 60 seconds

- Level 30 Shout - Bolstering Roar: PBAE 250 radius attack that breaks root, breakable snares and mesmerization effects on group members. If the tank is CC'd (other than root) they will have to purge themselves or wait for CC to wear off, then fire this. Re-usable every 10 minutes.

- Level 40 Shout - Rampage: Group shout which increases the chance to resist debuffs by 35%. Lasts for 10 seconds. Re-usable every 5 minutes.

- Level 50 Shout - Fury: Self only shout which gives a 50% chance to deflect crowd control spells (similar to the RR5 Bonedancer ability), and increases resists to magic spells by 50% for 10 seconds. Re-usable every 15 minutes.

- Level 15 Spell/Ability - Metal Guard: Group buff which increases the ABS of group members by 3% excluding the caster of the buff. If there are multiple casters of this buff within the group, then this will stack up to a maximum of 9%. Other players can receive the benefit of this buff, but the caster of this buff cannot so it is possible for another heavy tank to have a bonus to his ABS if another heavy tank joins the group and casts this buff. Duration 20 minutes.

- Level 35 Spell/Ability - Climbing Spikes: Self castable buff which lasts for 30 seconds that grants Climb Walls. The player will have the ability to climb walls for a short duration of time. While climbing a wall, any hit that does more than 31 damage will knock the player off the wall. Furthermore, any hit which knocks the player off the wall will hit for double damage. If the buff runs out while the player is on the wall and he/she does not reach an area where they can walk again, they will be knocked off the wall. Re-useable every 60 seconds. (Note: Currently this spell does not have an icon which makes it unable to be used. This will be addressed in a future version of Pendragon.)

Passive benefits

- Upon choosing the path of a Hero, Armsman or Warrior, the player will be granted 50% siege resistance automatically. This includes all siege damage types including Boiling Oil.

- Upon reaching level 41, the Hero, Armsman or Warrior will begin to gain more hitpoints as they progress towards level 50. At each level beyond 41 they gain 1% extra Hit points per level. At level 50, they will have the full 10% benefit.

- Upon reaching level 41, the Hero, Armsman or Warrior will begin to gain more magic resistance (spell damage reduction only) as they progress towards level 50. At each level beyond 41 they gain 2%-3% extra resistance per level. At level 50, they will have the full 15% benefit.

GENERAL WORLD NOTES

- Additional monsters have been brought in line with the changes listed in 1.81b for monster level 0-10 being easier to kill. This affects monsters in Catacomb zones as well.

SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES

Quest Notes

- Warlocks on step 6 of Ota’s Quest (and with the appropriate Vind Ryttaren faction) are now able to turn in the Giant Nose to the griffon loner in Gripklosa Mountains, enabling them to receive the Cloak of Runes reward, and allowing them to advance in the quest.

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

Stygia Encounters

- Modified "A Healing Embrace" slightly so the number of crazed lions doesn't grow to 'Zerg' like numbers

- Changed it so that the iaculi will not despawn at the other two locations if Chisisi is already up at the third.

- Modified the ML 4.2 slightly based on feedback on Pendragon. This increases the number of mobs potentially guarding Seti (the amount is still below the pre 1.81b amount).

- Modified ML 4.6 to increase the spawn of tornados based on Pendragon feedback (the tornados are still of lower level and spawn than pre 1.81b amounts).

- Modified 4.4 to decrease the amount of mobs initially called when a miw-shersekhmet is attacked. This should help reduce the potential of a ‘mau-zerg’ on this encounter.

Volcanus Encounters

- The Battler monster will now level properly when killing all classes. This fixes a bug where he would not level properly when killing Catacomb classes.

- The Salamander Incinerator can now be used at level 45 instead of 50.

Aerus Encounters

- Modified the ML 9.7 encounter so the Puissant Iaculus would properly give credit when killed.

- Modified ML 9.6 so that the personal guard and Katri would not heal each other as frequently, making it easier to kill the personal guard and then Katri.

- Modified ML 9.5 slightly to decrease the amount of the students that can be called by Nelos each time he gets a new target.

Dungeons

- The new Djinn Stones added between the x.5 and x.6 steps: Sobekite Eternal, Temple of Twilight, Halls of Ma'ati (one for both faction sides) and Deep Volcanus are now fully functional with teleport locations provided to them from any other Djinn Stone. Note that you must meet Master Level requirements for the Djinn to allow access to Deep Volcanus.

Item Notes

- The Scholars, Loremasters, Loremistresses, and Sages are being restructured to remove the turn-in for the locked version of each artifact. Each locked artifact turn-in NPC for all three realms will be revamped to accomodate this change. So far, the following NPCs were restructured with this change:

Midgard: Loremistress Vendela, Loremistress Tyraa, and Loremaster Torolf

CATACOMBS WORLD NOTES

General

- Added additional helpful mobs to Inconnu Crypt and Kobold Undercity so that they are easier to get to quickly.

Quest Notes

- Players on step 3 of the A Pact Among Enemies? (Midgard) quest will now be able to properly /use Haral’s Potion to read the notes written on An'shi's Map.

Instanced Adventuring

- The monsters in the levels one to twenty kill task dungeons now have a chance to drop ROG items.

- (Midgard) Fixed an issue with several Kill tasks where the Quest Journal would indicate a different mob type than what was required. Note: The kill task could still be completed, the journal and what you were killing for the kill task did not match up.

DARKNESS RISING WORLD NOTES

Monster Notes

- (HIBERNIA) Fixed an issue with Guardian Dou'Lass that prevented her from interacting and completing the "What a Guard Wants" champion task.

Quest Notes

- An issue was resolved that previously prohibited Armsmen from being able to select which of the two enchantments (Perfectly Balanced or King’s Shield) to place on the Armsman Dextera Mace (1-hand crush).

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
About fucking time heavy tanks got some love. WTG Mythic.

Now let's see them fix magic damage so spell damage reduces with cast speed, just like melee damage.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
NICE.

I am likey those, seeing as my arms is TOAed :)

So let's see Forky will have:

-Cone aggro pull (pve)
-PBAE de-CC for group every 10 mins!
-10sec resist to debuffs (group)
-50% chance to deflect CC and gives 50% magic resist for 10 sec \o/
-3% abs buff for group
-Climb walls! (ish)
-50% resistance to siege
-10% more hp at level 50!
-15% extra magic resist at level 50!!

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:

Now let's see them fix magic damage so spell damage reduces with cast speed, just like melee damage.

fix the bloody interruption system too then, casting speeds are sick but so are the vast amount of interrupts casters face, wont mention the "what happens to you if no bg in grp" part (if you are not a moc-lajftaper sm whatever.D)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Lol nerf. that aoe cure grp CC is over the top tbh =P and +15% magic resists :S

edp33

Fledgling Freddie
damn! group purge on a 10 min timer... Every group is going to want an armsman in their lineup.

Now give wiz love!

Tilda

Svartmetall said:
So ofc you're quite happy with casted melee resist buffs, just like everybody gets for casters, right?
And ofc, casters would have to be able to cast while moving, just like meleers, right!
And ofc, remove interup code for casters, just like tanks, right?
Or would you prefer to add an interup code for tanks, so if someone banelords, casts on you, mezzes, roots, amnesia's etc, you get interupted and have to wait for a new swing...
Oh, you mean you didn't really think through you're idea long enough to realise that it sucks ass? :rolleyes:

But yes, back on topic, good fixes on heavy tanks too!

Tilda

Agent Davidov

Fledgling Freddie
Good to see Armsperps finally getting some luv in the groupability stakes. Can't believe many mezzers will be happy about it thou (especially after the recent changes to Det.)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
We´ll see if any albs dare try something new and grp an armsman though.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
About time ! I finally get to unleash the power of my 50 Arms (already ToA'd and arti'd up !)

Ichindar

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
fix the bloody interruption system too then, casting speeds are sick but so are the vast amount of interrupts casters face, wont mention the "what happens to you if no bg in grp" part (if you are not a moc-lajftaper sm whatever.D)

Majd elkezdelek sajnálni a végén :)

Btw, nice changes.

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm not so sure about the 15% magic resists. So your average tank will be running at 50-60% Magic resists on a given night of RvR. Considering they are getting 10% hp increase which is about (200-300) more HPs and casters can only get up to 30% melee resists, its a little bit over the top...

Let's see now... My nukes on average hit about 460-510 (Depending on relics) to a target that has 26% magic resists. Add that to 15% more from the patch and 10% from the CL, plus racials and resist buffs = 50+ more resists. So my nukes (229 delve) will hit a heavy tank for about 338 (-338)

A Heavy tank has anywhere between 2500-3000k hps. So it would take me anywhere between 7-10 DDs to kill a tank whereas in return they can 2-3 shot me. Something seems not right here...

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Sadly this makes Mids even tougher while heroes and armsmen will still be struggling to fit into any real setup :( cwy

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Pera said:
Hmm not so sure about the 15% magic resists. So your average tank will be running at 50-60% Magic resists on a given night of RvR. Considering they are getting 10% hp increase which is about (200-300) more HPs and casters can only get up to 30% melee resists, its a little bit over the top...

Let's see now... My nukes on average hit about 460-510 (Depending on relics) to a target that has 26% magic resists. Add that to 15% more from the patch and 10% from the CL, plus racials and resist buffs = 50+ more resists. So my nukes (229 delve) will hit a heavy tank for about 338 (-338)

A Heavy tank has anywhere between 2500-3000k hps. So it would take me anywhere between 7-10 DDs to kill a tank whereas in return they can 2-3 shot me. Something seems not right here...

Just keep the Tank away from you. Problem solved. If he comes close you are dead. Thats it: Caster = Range, Tank = Melee

Pera said:

was alright in OF though then casters could 3-4 shot tanks though :x

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
Just keep the Tank away from you. Problem solved. If he comes close you are dead. Thats it: Caster = Range, Tank = Melee

Thats not the issue here... the problem is that a caster has A LOT less hps than a tank and in return they SHOULD have A LOT more DPS. However, as I stated after this patch it is going to be very unfair for casters.

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Don't get me wrong. I am all for increasing the Heavy Tanks utility and agree 95% of the changes. Great for Heavy Tanks. However, they should not gimp out casters while pimping out the Tanks. Like leave the casters alone but pimp out the tanks. That would be perfectly fine.

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:

And becomes insta cast, just like melee damage, right? ;)

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Pera said:
Don't get me wrong. I am all for increasing the Heavy Tanks utility and agree 95% of the changes. Great for Heavy Tanks. However, they should not gimp out casters while pimping out the Tanks. Like leave the casters alone but pimp out the tanks. That would be perfectly fine.

This isn't the end of the Class patch. Just wait....

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Don't think with extra 15% (if 1st tier as notes imply) resists, Rampage and Soldier's Barricade caster dmg speed will be more an HUGE problem as it is atm.

Oh btw: well done, finally i might add, Mythic! :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Mavl said:
And becomes insta cast, just like melee damage, right? ;)
or give the same amount of ways to negate magic damage as there are to negate melee damage :)

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:

If you tell me how... putting up a stop sign won't work... he can even sprint longer than me...

Besides, every alb is talking about armsmen love... Look a little bit further, it is for heros and warriors too, so have fun with a unkillable unstoppable killing machine with 9 seconds anytime stun. :p

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Pera said:

Physical defence?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom