1.72G Ranger and Hunter love

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Aliorm said:
I think only hunters will benefict of this, like rangers usually dont use a lot of patchfinding (9 path for 1st speed). Sorry for bad spelling :<

Mmmm..... sure do see a lot of blue con hunter pets (Protecters/Avatars) though....

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Meradesh said:
Ah I c, as all we know rangers, hunters and scouts have the same skills and abilities they are a pure copy paste but hunters and rangers got a magic spec line added becouse mithyc hates albion, I forgot it soz Aussie.

It is true actually, but you just hate to admit it.
You guys all indicate that you would prefer to spec for offensive rather than defense, yet scouts have no choice...
Reality is a bitch, yet luckily you never have to face it I guess.
Regards, Glottis

Calo

Part of the furniture
Glottis said:
You guys all indicate that you would prefer to spec for offensive rather than defense, yet scouts have no choice...
Regards, Glottis

yes and my lvl1 hunter 1shots u... did u know i can do 40 000 damage with my skald dd's ? i mean, cmon, i want more overpowered stuff, i cant even insta kill a whole zerg! WHERES THIS GOING M8?

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
yes and my lvl1 hunter 1shots u... did u know i can do 40 000 damage with my skald dd's ? i mean, cmon, i want more overpowered stuff, i cant even insta kill a whole zerg! WHERES THIS GOING M8?

?
You going to deny that hunters have a better offense, and that rangers are simply overpowered in melee?
Just curious...
And then, look at the number one enemy of archers, namely assasins, and the way each individual archer class can deal with them.
I know most scouts would not mind being able to spec high in dual wield for example, or parry so that the block rate is not cut in half by some dual wielder...
Regards, Glottis

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
melee offense mebbe, but ur spec in bow does waaay more dmg - while it is the main point in being an archer, right?

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
Regards, Glottis

Mmm I feel with you scouts, you must feel very gimped compared to your mincer/infil friends :)

Guess it isnt enough for you to only have the 2 best stealthers ingame...

zx^

One of Freddy's beloved
well i dont know, the 2 years i been playing a scout i liked slam (forced defence mode for scout) then suddenly everyone got purge or it feels like that (hehe pain in tha ass) i know 1 thing when im duelling a hunter, i do 400-500 dmg with bow thats nice. Then u get in melee and get hitted by 400-500 by hunter IN melee that insane. Then one of the times ur lucky to get slam off which is nice then u can do critshot in back ... ehrm no forgot the hunter insta summoned the pet, sure sucky pet but it still makes the Longbow which is the scouts main weapon total useless.

I dont have anything against mids/hibs getting the chance to spec so they can get what we albs alrdy got, but then scouts should be giving the chance to specc highly to do melee dmg. Cos even thou ur an archer class then u still fight in melee like 70% of the times. Even thou hunters got as some said sucky dmg in ranged then i still got hitted plenty of times for 500 and when they crit 800-900. ( critshot means target stands still aint engage in combat and kinda a sleep :D )
50 thrust gives aprox 150 dmg with a spd 4.3 weap

advantages:
Scout: shield(thou half block raid versus dual wielders),high dmg with longbow

Hunter: Spear(can be nice dmg with spec high), Medium dmg with bow, pet to interrupt(10 dmg to the scout is better than 400 dmg from hes bow to u)
speedbuff is nice( if interrupted that easy give to scouts so we can run after u ;D )

Ranger: Dual wield(wannab assasin), Medium dmg with bow, speedbuff. then i really dont know what more they got havent really meet 1 solo for a long time lol. ( hibstealtherZerg in odins for the win !! :D )

So all in all it seems like if archers, as mythic says, is a ranged class why do they give mids/hibs good melee dmg ?, would be like to give a mercenary insane bow dmgs, or my favourite Armsman xbox for the win!! :D

and live with it if i got many spellings errors :clap:

plz do tell if u got any things to add for the 3 classes

Chadalonius

Fledgling Freddie
Marczje said:
melee offense mebbe, but ur spec in bow does waaay more dmg - while it is the main point in being an archer, right?

Um, no it doesn't. Bow damage is the same for all 3 realms, Hib and Alb bows are just slower.

But anyway I'm fine with these changes, PF and BC were very weak lines.

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
I agree rangers hunters and scouts are different, yes rangers and hunters are better in melee, but scouts excels at range, u got the slower bows, the higher range and shield spec, please don't complain about ur class it's really nice but just different to ranger or hunter. The question is all the 3 archers with their different skills are supposed to be "balanced" only cos hunters and rangers gets a slight improvement on their magic line u can't ask to get the same cos scouts aren't supposed to get a magic line. Would be as stupid as a ranger asking for shield spec only cos scouts gets a shield style modified.

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:
LOL at all retarded albs complaining, you clueless faggots had spec af from your cleric since forever and your crying when another class get the same ability if he waste precious spec points on it?

Looking the enhacement line i cant find damage add, instant-pet, conc based haste, damage shield or insta speed, care to help me to find it? :eek:

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
zx^ said:
advantages:
Scout: shield(thou half block raid versus dual wielders),high dmg with longbow

Hunter: Spear(can be nice dmg with spec high), Medium dmg with bow, pet to interrupt(10 dmg to the scout is better than 400 dmg from hes bow to u)
speedbuff is nice( if interrupted that easy give to scouts so we can run after u ;D )

Ranger: Dual wield(wannab assasin), Medium dmg with bow, speedbuff. then i really dont know what more they got havent really meet 1 solo for a long time lol. ( hibstealtherZerg in odins for the win !! :D )

I cant pass the oportunity to point you that the rangers do exactly the same damage whit bows as scouts (and even more damage is they use their MP 5.8 speed bow from aerus city, while scouts only can use a 99% qua 5.8 speed bow) :m00:

-Palan-

Fledgling Freddie
don't see why u scouts complain rly, we rangers/hunters spec into our melee, i meen i actualy used to have higher melee spec as my bow was (44pierce,40bow) to do the uber melee dmg we wanna be assassins do :m00:

if shield is so gimped why spec it to get slam? block rate gets halfed anyway by dual wield and pets u say? i say spec higher melee aswell then. why spec into a line just for 1style(slam) when it gets purged most of the times anyway?
we get something like spec AF soon? so what? i wanna see a ranger that has something like a brain between his ears that specs into pf just for some silly % more AF if u have to defecite(?) in ur melee or bow dmg/ws.

u got minstrels for stun anyway :p

on the other hand, engage or ur normal block rate vs us archers is insane anyway, when i used to TS and i actualy only saw 1stealther i used to get up close, shot once and then melee as the chance of him getting away is just too high.

aww well enough of me playing the smart guy :flame:

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
I cant pass the oportunity to point you that the rangers do exactly the same damage whit bows as scouts (and even more damage is they use their MP 5.8 speed bow from aerus city, while scouts only can use a 99% qua 5.8 speed bow) :m00:

5.8 dly and mp? never heard about it what one are u talking about? falcon talon (hib) is 5.5

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
zx^ said:
Then one of the times ur lucky to get slam off which is nice then u can do critshot in back ... ehrm no forgot the hunter insta summoned the pet

I would like to point out that a slammed Hunter can't insta summon his wolf. The wolf only comes out on special occasions as it prevents both the speed spell and re-stealthing if the wolf is "in combat"

plz do tell if u got any things to add for the 3 classes

Hunter may have high damage output but the Hunter has very bad mêlée defence:
The hunter has the worst Mêlée styles, nearly all openers have -neg bonus to defence also the Ranger and Scout get Evade 3 Hunters get Evade 2.

If a scout sees me at range I'm dead as I have no defence to arrows (ex run)
If I see a scout at range I'll only get one shot in before engage comes on.... then he'll run at me with guard on his infil mate.... I'll try to run away with speed burst but the mincer has mezzed me....

Scouts should stop whining if they want to ditch their shields and extra range and bow damage for an "insta interrupted" insta speed, a level 41 pet (look at Mincers!) and an iccle AF buff then they should fecking roll hunters....

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
WTF are any of you complaining about?

This merely puts the speccable selfbuffs up to par with specbuffs from e.g the cleric. It merely changes the buffs from acting as base buffs to actually being spec buffs, since they spec for them.

This is not love to the hunter or ranger, nor is it a nerf to any other class. This is a fix for the few who doesn't use a buffbot. How many are there of those? Will they be more powerful than earlier? Yes, a tiny bit, but they'll be less powerfull than someone with a BB. The people who say this 'love' wasn't needed have no fucking clue what this fix did.

This won't affect anyone of you AT ALL.

And Meradesh,

scouts have an advantage of 100 loc units against rangers and 200 units against hunters. That, and shieldspec. Rangers and Scouts can get equally slow bows, with hunters being faster. FYI, Rangers have a greater amount of slow speed bows than Scouts have atm.

I won't comment any further about the balance between the archery classes since that has been done for the last 3 years and TBH, they aren't being balanced against each other to any great extent.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
If a scout sees me at range I'm dead as I have no defence to arrows (ex run).

sick pet, sprint opposite dir, first aid, shoot scout, if scout has killed the grey con pet, respec for blue con pet :p, or you can stealth and TS him and you'll most likely have the upper hand since he has to use ip earlier. Though you DID get away from someone who jumped you, is that bad? :D

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
enigma said:
sick pet, sprint opposite dir, first aid, shoot scout, if scout has killed the grey con pet, respec for blue con pet :p, or you can stealth and TS him and you'll most likely have the upper hand since he has to use ip earlier. Though you DID get away from someone who jumped you, is that bad? :D

in your dreams :)

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
enigma said:
And Meradesh,

scouts have an advantage of 100 loc units against rangers and 200 units against hunters. That, and shieldspec. Rangers and Scouts can get equally slow bows, with hunters being faster. FYI, Rangers have a greater amount of slow speed bows than Scouts have atm.

Maybe some drops bu if u look at the great bows with %dmg as braggart's bow albs get 5.6 hibs 5.1, dunno about mids but surely more fast than ranger's bow and about range ... yes I know it's a little difference but when u shoot from high terrain and have 10% range + 5% braggart's bow arrow the difference is noticiable, got a friend scout, she use braggart's as me, we have 10% range, I can't shoot mids at mtk hill without being casted by guards, my friend scout can easily shoot mids close to mtk doors. About balance at archer class , the only way to make em balanced is copy/paste the archer class at three realms, that would be boring so archers of each realm are better than the other 2 on some things and worst on anothers, with nf incoming and all the expected keep camp shield+better range + slower "nice" bows can't hurt scouts tho. Anyway all the fotm who rolled archers at the 3 realms aren't expecting to to excel at melee just leech from range easy rps at keep takes tho.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Meradesh said:
1.) with %dmg as braggart's bow albs get 5.6 hibs 5.1,
2.) my friend scout can easily shoot mids close to mtk doors.

1.) Alb Braggarts have an 5.4 speed
2.) Its not possible 2 shoot mids close 2 mtk door without volley. Tested it more than 100 runs now. theres no spot on hill from where u can shoot 2 mtk g8 without geting attacked by the mastery of runes.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
I think people are missing the point, this change affects american rangers/hunters primarily, since a lot more spec PF/BC for the self buffs than euro players do.

Look at the spec/BB style threads on VNboards and a lot of other rangers recommend PF for the dmg add alone! Whilst many euro players feel it's so cack compared to having higher WS :p

Guess US players believe more PF means feeling more like legolas :D

Say hello to a US server-centric change ;)

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
1.) Alb Braggarts have an 5.4 speed
2.) Its not possible 2 shoot mids close 2 mtk door without volley. Tested it more than 100 runs now. theres no spot on hill from where u can shoot 2 mtk g8 without geting attacked by the mastery of runes.

As I told before I use braggart's I'm an hib and it's 5.1 speed, about alb braggar'ts bow speed yes, I was wrong Vos says it's 5.4 , mids get 4.8 speed, and how to shoot close to mtk ask Izasku, she can do it and I have seen she doing it looking at her comp with no volley.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Meradesh said:
As I told before I use braggart's I'm an hib and it's 5.1 speed, about alb braggar'ts bow speed yes, I was wrong Vos says it's 5.4 , mids get 4.8 speed, and how to shoot close to mtk ask Izasku, she can do it and I have seen she doing it looking at her comp with no volley.

im talking about mids which stay at g8. Its possible 2 shoot mids which stay right from gate but it isnt possible 2 shoot targets which are close 2 gate. Think we talking about the same spot where u can shoot ppl but its not at gate. I died 45739857239762938762983567 times by Viking Archers and Mastery of Runes 2 find it out.

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Yes not at gate but close, at both sides I got the max %range a ranger can get and can't shoot there, scouts can.

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Anyway i saw some information in VN boards suggesting some interesting hunter/ranger specs using the new buff, and it seems that the delve on the buff isnt the listed, on pendragon it have a delve equal to cleric buff (according to VN testers)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
Looking the enhacement line i cant find damage add, instant-pet, conc based haste, damage shield or insta speed, care to help me to find it? :eek:

can someone pass that idiot a brain plz. :touch:

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Yadeniel said:
C00l, the thing we really need, overpowered archers still more overpowered! :eek7:

What smoke mythic, give me some of that!! :eek6:

WOW cool...so if I spec to...ehm..9 PF, I get a nice, let me calculate, wow ~ +20AF and a whole ~ +27 AF at 16 PF....or I could drop my melee skill and spec 48PF so I get a COOL + ~67AF buff and a wonderful + ~68 (dunno exact value) dex/qui....it's gonna gimp my melee to hell, but who cares, I have +67AF !!!!!111

EDIT: it's another patch to make a useless line more attractive by adding worthless junk to it. I would spec back to 46 PF if I got smth in return for it, like what about melee absorb shouts or +range / proc shout and if they'd fix the dmg add cause currently it decreases with range, making it utterly useless in most cases (tested that).

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
-Palan- said:
don't see why u scouts complain rly, we rangers/hunters spec into our melee, i meen i actualy used to have higher melee spec as my bow was (44pierce,40bow) to do the uber melee dmg we wanna be assassins do :m00:

if shield is so gimped why spec it to get slam? block rate gets halfed anyway by dual wield and pets u say? i say spec higher melee aswell then. why spec into a line just for 1style(slam) when it gets purged most of the times anyway?
we get something like spec AF soon? so what? i wanna see a ranger that has something like a brain between his ears that specs into pf just for some silly % more AF if u have to defecite(?) in ur melee or bow dmg/ws.

u got minstrels for stun anyway :p

on the other hand, engage or ur normal block rate vs us archers is insane anyway, when i used to TS and i actualy only saw 1stealther i used to get up close, shot once and then melee as the chance of him getting away is just too high.

aww well enough of me playing the smart guy :flame:

I know shield sounds nice on paper, but as you said yourself, when slam is landed it is purged anyway.
The major problem is, at 44 pierce a ranger is going to be seriously hurting a toon, but a scout with 44 melee is not going to be much of a threat.
I do believe that hunter are on a different damage table, higher one than scouts and rangers, so they also benefit more from speccing higher in melee.
Regards, Glottis

zx^

One of Freddy's beloved
well all scouts spec 42 shield only cos of Slam.. i know scouts got a stun at lvl 34 on slash line .. what is length?

and using DF as scout ... forget it :) waiting for evade aint fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom