Fledgling Freddie
===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.72g Release Notes
Fallen Barriers
October 19, 2004

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- All concentration buff spells have been changed to be non-interruptable. This minor change is being made to make it slightly easier for buffing classes to rebuff players while in PvE or RvR combat.

- We've increased the values of the self Armor Factor buffs in the Hunter's Beastcraft and Ranger's Pathfinding lines. These spells should now be comparable with a specline AF buff instead of baseline. With this change, these AF buffs will now stack with baseline buffs from Seers and Naturalists. The spell lines affected are Lynx's Pelt in Beastcraft and Invincibility in Pathfinding.

- All Enchanter pets will now wear cloaks.

- All Spiritmaster pets that wear armor will now wear cloaks.

TRADESKILL UPDATES

- Midgard Alchemy - The Herbcraft skill requirement for weapon lusters has been reduced to 987. This brings the Midgard weapon luster recipes in line with Albion and Hibernia.

FOUNDATIONS NOTES

- We are happy to introduce a new housing zone for each realm with this version. Albion players can now construct their homes in Wendover, while Midgard players can now settle in Holmestrand, and Hibernians can now stake their claims in Tullamore.

Some ranger/hunter love

Kede

Fledgling Freddie
its cool tha archers get some love, but think there is 1 missing!

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Kede said:
its cool tha archers get some love, but think there is 1 missing!

if u check your buffs u will find that u already have 2 :)

EDIT: AF buffs that is.

Aussie

Banned
scouts get damage add speedbuff insta pet and sniff pets next patch

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Aussie said:

what r sniff pets?
hope the pets dont will make sniffle noises.

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:
haha xD

when do infils get love? :(

lol dream on :p

Got some stlong whining sb's on vnboards that make me and nalistah in the old whining days look like saints ;)

bring on the sb love :cheers:

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:

I heard in that patch Hunters get shield, evade 3, slower bow with longer range, "insta Minstrel pet" and a decent set of mêlée styles too.

Can't wait....

Yadeniel

Fledgling Freddie
C00l, the thing we really need, overpowered archers still more overpowered! :eek7:

What smoke mythic, give me some of that!! :eek6:

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic said:
- All concentration buff spells have been changed to be non-interruptable. This minor change is being made to make it slightly easier for buffing classes to rebuff players while in PvE or RvR combat.

OMG SHAMAN LOVE! This is uber tbh, no need to mocrebuff xd

Aussie

Banned
<Ranger TL> QQ we lost instawin AP3
<Hunter TL> QQ we lost instawin AP3

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
<Ranger TL> QQ we lost instawin AP3
<Hunter TL> QQ we lost instawin AP3

well AP3 is about the same when they run with 3 other m8's we maybe u won't get em below 20% if they use it tho :m00:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Yadeniel said:
C00l, the thing we really need, overpowered archers still more overpowered! :eek7:

Yeah I mean I got 5 lines to spec now with still 2.0x spec-points on my ranger; to use this totally overpowered ability

It makes my defenses 'abit' better (in the order of 5-10% on mediocre, high pathfinding spec) in trade for offense.

Now if I gained the new buffs with +pathfinding gear, get 2.2x specpoints for my 5-lines you would have a point.

Trading defense for offense isn't really overpowering.

And for aussie: Yep; scouts do miss this magic-line; but even if they give it to scouts; its almost impossible to spec for it with 2.0x spec-points. Most scouts simply want high bow, 50 modded stealth and 42 shield (for slam) leaving scouts already with a sub-standard (17-35? ) weapon-spec. In order to get a 5th line and spec it effectively you either need to drop bow or loose slam. I guess the majority of scouts dont want to drop those things.

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
And for aussie: Yep; scouts do miss this magic-line; but even if they give it to scouts; its almost impossible to spec for it with 2.0x spec-points. Most scouts simply want high bow, 50 modded stealth and 42 shield (for slam) leaving scouts already with a sub-standard (17-35? ) weapon-spec. In order to get a 5th line and spec it effectively you either need to drop bow or loose slam. I guess the majority of scouts dont want to drop those things.

Who knows? the fact is that scouts doesnt have the chance, 5 lines to spec is a GOOD thing, it gives you posibilities, different specs to try.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Archive this thread and bring it out in 8 months when it might be applicable.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Xajorkith said:
I heard in that patch Hunters get shield, evade 3, slower bow with longer range, "insta Minstrel pet" and a decent set of mêlée styles too.

Can't wait....
Yeah I heard that too, but its right after Albs get Insta mez, Insta Stun, Intercepting pets, constant speed6 & insta Infil/scout/mincer pop, opps we already got the last one.

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Any scout with a bot would trade any of their adventages in exchange of a magic crap spec line? :eek2:

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
LOL at all retarded albs complaining, you clueless faggots had spec af from your cleric since forever and your crying when another class get the same ability if he waste precious spec points on it?

Aussie

Banned
Meradesh said:
Any scout with a bot would trade any of their adventages in exchange of a magic crap spec line? :eek2:
which advantage is that again? i forgot :(

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:
LOL at all retarded albs complaining, you clueless faggots had spec af from your cleric since forever and your crying when another class get the same ability if he waste precious spec points on it?

LOL at all the retarded mids/hibs comlainning, you cluesless faggots think a buffbot comes free when creating a scout......

Well goes for some Mids and Hibs...

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Antedeluvian said:
Who knows? the fact is that scouts doesnt have the chance, 5 lines to spec is a GOOD thing, it gives you posibilities, different specs to try.

Yes; that's true if the 5th spec-line gives you actually something useful. The self-buffs are NOT. The speedshout... well its broken by everything; even the Fools Bow proc on an enemy breaks YOUR speed. If an assassin attacked a ranger he's either bleeding, snared, or has a poison on him = no speed.

That leaves the damage-add.; yeah is nice I guess. The new spec-AF will add, on a typical ranger, about 50~ AF. Or about 40% as effective as the typical scout gets from his buffbot :p

5 spec-lines and 2.0x isnt all that uber; I wont change my spec substantially when this hits the live-servers. In order to get a decent spec-AF I need to sacrifice my melee or my bow or my stealth. All will lower my typical effectiveness.

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
which advantage is that again? i forgot :(

Ah I c, as all we know rangers, hunters and scouts have the same skills and abilities they are a pure copy paste but hunters and rangers got a magic spec line added becouse mithyc hates albion, I forgot it soz Aussie.

Aliorm

Fledgling Freddie
I think only hunters will benefict of this, like rangers usually dont use a lot of patchfinding (9 path for 1st speed). Sorry for bad spelling :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom