1.65 must die before it is too late!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Dooom doom! The world is ending!

You know something is very very very wrong when the old avalonian gimp in a dress can get deathspam. Gotta love those pets now, deadly little buggers if I get a few off. I don't consider them overpowered though, with a 3sec cast timer it is very to interupt the caster even if he is heavily buffed. Was nice to get back into RvR again and a damn good group helped. 20k closer to RR5, I might just do it and if I do then hell has finally frozen over :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
XeffoInfil said:
uhh what class r u?

Damn good question, it is either Theurgist or Alcoholic but I am too drunk to remember at the moment.

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
ohh youre just happy about your 1 minute killer pet thing that cant be mezzed...id be too

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
Well, you are a theurgist, so you're probably biased.

And I am a mid, so I'm probably biased aswell.

But screw that, I respect your opinion, so I'll tell you mine.

I knew prior to the patch that theurgs needed something to make them more competetive and useful in RvR. I believed the first boosts to the class were good ones, despite the fact that I don't really like the idea of pets that can chain-stun you. It's cool that they made the pets immune to CC, except for stun, eventhough this gives mids an advantage over hibs since we have AoE stun. And I also agree that the increased range was a good idea, although I would have preferred bolt range instead of, what is it, 2000 units?

Those were all good steps towards making the theurg a desired RvR class and not just another PBT bot. They still left options for the opponent to counter the pets. And however these boosts helped the class, it did indeed need some more stuff to work with.

So today you guys got faster casted pets. I don't mind, that's all fair and square. But hold on now, because here's my grudge: I, however, do mind that the earth pets have had their timer increased to 60 seconds, on top of their dmg output boosted. On a good day, your pac healer has high enough pac for the 11 seconds AoE stun; this would be a healer with 50 pacification, about as rare and useless as thanes in opted mid tank groups. Usually, the pac healer will have 41 (9 seconds AoE stun) or 42 (10 seconds AoE stun), but for the example let's assume you have a 50 pac healer with you. He AoE stuns the pets (if he can even get his stun off without getting interrupted), and the pets are stopped for 11 seconds. This means the earth pets are running free for 49 seconds. On my shaman with 730 AF thanks to AF buff and +75 AF charge they repeatedly hit me for 180 and up. And this was on chain, I can't even imagine what they would hit cloth-wearers for. Having 1 to 3 or even more of these pets on you for 49 seconds isn't intended for interrupting, it's friggin' killing with a win-win outcome. It's insane, seriously. You can't even disease them and kite them, to ensure your own survival. Not even killing the theurg will help; you're a punch-bag for these m'fkers for the better part of 49 seconds, and you can do nothing but /beg spam your healer friend to save your arse by emptying his entire powerbar on you. So this all leaves a target completely fucked for 49 seconds, during which he is utterly useless and only forces healers to waste healing on him. The 60 seconds is in no way justified, not even by a 3 second cast speed, which, by the way, can easily be decreased with MotArt, aug dex, dex buffs and such. It doesn't even help killing the theurg, because if he gets a rezz, the pets won't be affected by their caster's rezz sickness, right? To be honest I think it is overpowered. Try running around with those pets on you for 60 seconds and see what I mean. I repeat: The 60 seconds is in no way justified. Help the theurg by boosting the class, but don't implement ridiculous boosts that give the enemy no chance of countering the spells!

sami

Fledgling Freddie
Groborthir said:
It's cool that they made the pets immune to CC, except for stun, eventhough this gives mids an advantage over hibs since we have AoE stun.

bards can oneshot all theurg pets with confuse :|

mids can use warrior to 1-2 shot 300hp earth pets :eek:

Frubly

Fledgling Freddie
Also if you happen to be the target of a mezz from the enemy and it "sticks" all thurg pets insta die that had you as their target :clap:

As previously mentioned the bard can try to squeeze into its 100 other jobs a few confuses on the thurg pets to insta kill them.

Fayle

Fledgling Freddie
sami said:
bards can oneshot all theurg pets with confuse :|

mids can use warrior to 1-2 shot 300hp earth pets :eek:

If those are chain summoned you can hardly expect half the group to go and kill them.

Tanks are needed to do damage to players, not to try kill a horde of pesky pets.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
o_O

cHodAX said:
Dooom doom! The world is ending!

You know something is very very very wrong when the old avalonian gimp in a dress can get deathspam. Gotta love those pets now, deadly little buggers if I get a few off. I don't consider them overpowered though, with a 3sec cast timer it is very to interupt the caster even if he is heavily buffed. Was nice to get back into RvR again and a damn good group helped. 20k closer to RR5, I might just do it and if I do then hell has finally frozen over :D

Claps at your new improvements but if i don't go wrong your main is Chodax so yesterday indeed helped for those 20K too that u were out with 2,5 fgs prolly ... (Emain 1:30 am no1? eheh)

Well we'll c tonight but imo if all frontiers zerged by Albs like yesterday will be time to cg up, field 3 caster grps and 1 tank grp and clear a bit ^^

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Seen from mid point of view:

Shaman DoT/AEDoT >>> theurg pets. Earth pets have 250-300hp so one DOT ticking for 90-100 dmg, dead pet in 3 ticks.

I melee'd an Earth pet yesterday (as healer) in 5 swings....a bit slow yes but if its the only solution then go ahead.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Prudil said:

Shaman DoT/AEDoT >>> theurg pets. Earth pets have 250-300hp so one DOT ticking for 90-100 dmg, dead pet in 3 ticks.

I melee'd an Earth pet yesterday (as healer) in 5 swings....a bit slow yes but if its the only solution then go ahead.

hmm so you are chain killing all these pets? :)
just wonder what your role in group is? killing these pets or offer heals/cc etc etc.
dont yet have experience these pets but allready old one was annoying like hell and killing/interupting etc quite nicely my caster.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Tuppe said:
just wonder what your role in group is? killing these pets or offer heals/cc etc etc.
dont yet have experience these pets but allready old one was annoying like hell and killing/interupting etc quite nicely my caster.
Hehe....my primary role is ofc beeing a healer and do "healer-stuff", but when u have a pet "in ur arse" and totally interrupted for the full duration of the pet, then u dont have much choice if thanks arent able to peel. Then....melee the pet, it sure as hell beats having it "grind" ur behind for 60 secs tho. But as I said, shaman DOT works against these pets. Ofc u can try stunn the pets to imobalize em for a 11sec duration, but after that the pet will hunt u down again....unless the theurg gets mezzed.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:

Good to hear this, that's exactly the way it should be and Mythic did a fine job there. Pets aren't just there for the looks and the cuteness, pets shouldnt be ignored completely. Now you actually need to cast 1 aoe dot/confusion spell more...This means albs will rule over the whole game and theurgists will be the new FOTM of the year! shh...

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Good to hear this, that's exactly the way it should be and Mythic did a fine job there. Pets aren't just there for the looks and the cuteness, pets shouldnt be ignored completely. ...

I'm sure our spiritmasters think the same.. especialy our summon specced one's........ :twak:

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Yes poor spiritmasters,it must suck to have a pet intercepting for you :(

Merino

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm

If that means there will be a lot more theurgists and spiritmaster out there, I might be convinced to get my Mentalist out of the cabinet again and go get the Severing the Tether realm ability.
Might actually be fun to send those nasty pets back to their owner.
Or shall I wait for TOA to reactivate my ment?

Merino, gimp

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
/laughs at any hib who complains about these pets
Hib groups can have 2-5 pets with them, so... :p

Now mids want to complain about albs getting another interrupter class... after you've spent soo many months with 5 potential interrupters in your group. Albs have only a sorc/minstrel and maybe clerics if they're not busy dealing with pets, running from the MA-train or being amnesia spammed.

Pets are all about interrupts and for the longest time, albs have been lacking this. The sorc is normally being chased around, so he can't interrupt. The minstrel is some gimp who joins the MA train and doesn't look back, so only two clerics are left to heal and interrupt as best as they can. Maybe now with more Theus in RvR we'll see Albion have some form of interrupts too.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Gahn said:
Claps at your new improvements but if i don't go wrong your main is Chodax so yesterday indeed helped for those 20K too that u were out with 2,5 fgs prolly ... (Emain 1:30 am no1? eheh)

Well we'll c tonight but imo if all frontiers zerged by Albs like yesterday will be time to cg up, field 3 caster grps and 1 tank grp and clear a bit ^^

Eh? We had a group add help us just once all night, that can't be said of the 3fg Mids and 2fg Hibs we kept running into. So don't talk bullshit please because your comment is just a lie.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Just want to add, I am not saying the pets are uber because they can be countered and probably will be quite fast by more organised groups. It is just nice to be viable again apart from being going Wind spec and being a single target nuker, Theurgist has waited 2.5 years since beta for these pet improvements. The amount of time the pets forced groups to use Ichor and MoC was amazing just to stop the pets, then out come the ice pets to mess up the pbae and heals :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Escape said:
/laughs at any hib who complains about these pets
Hib groups can have 2-5 pets with them, so... :p

They also have a perfectly good counter to this pet spam in the form of another class that's been sidelined in RvR grps for some time now....

:)

Mael, 50th menta.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
You do fine making your own groups... but try to bring them out earlier.
It's not easy making a group at 3am ;)

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Prudil said:

Problem is tho is the risk of breaking Mezz on some 1 CCed near-by if u ae, i guess thats not applicable all of the time but some of the time im sure it will need to be taken into consideration.

Landar

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:

for Spiritmasters specced in summon, yes, it sucked, because the thing that did all the work for you was your pet, whats the point in your pet being ably to block for you while you're at heal range?

Basically, as it stands now, theres one viable spec <blows raspberries at dark spec SM's.> PBAOE, and that, more or less, is best for keep defense... though with the rvr expansion stopping pbaoe through doors, well... what then for us poor gimps?

This is me QQ'ing :'(

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:

Darkness and supression sms also got intercepting pets. He did say poor summoning specced ones..what can they do?

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
Pets are all about interrupts and for the longest time, albs have been lacking this. The sorc is normally being chased around, so he can't interrupt. The minstrel is some gimp who joins the MA train and doesn't look back, so only two clerics are left to heal and interrupt as best as they can. Maybe now with more Theus in RvR we'll see Albion have some form of interrupts too.

Sucky minstrel then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom