1.62 notes!

O

old.Elrond

ps. Healers need serious love...I challenge anyone to say we don't without using 'omfg ae stun' as their sole arguement.

O

old.Niljindil

To any shaman complaining about defence:

LEARN TO PLAY YOUR CLASS!

I have a shaman on camlann, and NOTHING beats perma sprint + pbae disease for defense, if you say "but someones chasing me, i cant cast" then you cant grasp the simple fact that the person trying to catch you isnt doing anything either.

Saying that you will run out of end range sprinting away from tanks? RUN IN A FREAKING CIRCLE YOU ARE FASTER THAN THEM!

LW tanks? Through extensive dueling i have found that as long as you just /face and let them hit you once they wont be able to catch you with that slow ass 2h hammers before you are out of range with sprint and disease, GG you win.

Snared? /face is your friend, cant hit you with a behind style if you are in front of them :rolleyes:

Heres a shaman happy that i dont have to recast the freaking buff every 10 mins. :clap:

Oh and one more thing, ichor of the deep is an instaroot usable every 15 minutes, if you think its useless, go back to kiddie school, because it sure as hell isnt.

In conclusion, if you didnt spec cave, which provide a WORKING and GOOD ENOUGH defense tool, then DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT DEFENSE, thats like a bard specing regrowth/nurture complaing he cant instamezz :rolleyes:

Edit: And the first person to say "camlann doesnt count, its not the same" will get a prize called "stoopad!".

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by old.Elrond
ps. Healers need serious love...I challenge anyone to say we don't without using 'omfg ae stun' as their sole arguement.

Healer aug spec needs love. Mend and pac is more than good enough as individual spec lines.

S

Skrad

Quoted from the herald notes....

"1.62 Begins
from Sanya Thomas
2003-04-22 15:04:36

A is the very beginning of the alphabet, and only the first part of a patch:

=====================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Test Version 1.62a Release Notes

Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Version 1.62 is going to have many class updates, tweaks, and re-balancing. 1.62a (this patch) concentrates on Hibernian spellcasters and hybrids. Later 1.62 test patches will tackle other issues such as light tanks."

See that? TEST patch. So they could well address the issue of 16 concentration buffs.

D

Damon_D

Niljindil my little friend..yes pbaoe disease is nice.. but we are not allways fighting pure tanks you know...you try and out sprint an minstrell..an infil who just hit u with snare poison , a caster HEHEHE..a bard..ohh guesse not.. a druid then.. ohh guesses not..how about an archer.. did I mention Caster :p...Yeah it works great against arsmen, blademasters and such but against peopel with ranged attacks , speed , or mezz or root..its just not very good you know .. And yes Ichor is a great RA..but at 14 points its bloody expensive

S

Shike

Pretty ok patch imo, except for the little twink of chanters which imo, aint needed at all, chanter is still the most powerful caster out there and need a toning down. I hope they adress the fact that the pets snare is totally impossible to get rid off, purge and it reapplies nomatter what.

End on conc and range, bad thing, but i hope they change all buffs to follow this rule. Would mean the end off buffbots though, and mythic loose money on this, therefore it wont happen is my guess. Which shafts mids yet again since we probably will be the only realm with concbased endregen instead of chant/song. Skalds should be given endregen as a song instead imo that works the same way as bards endregen does, shammys need that conc to buff people up like the other realms do, not to spend it on endregen :( As if mid really need more nerfs.

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by old.Zuljin
and DoT, and AE dot, And heal, and have Specc buffs, and give dmg add, and give dmg shield, and be trolls :>
Trolls = first to be targeted and die, dmg shield and add pretty crappy ones. AE dot is spec, higher cave spec, means lower aug/mend spec.

O

old.windforce

Originally posted by old.Elrond

loosing on 1 on 1 with a healer with my arms....
(ages ago but i had IP then)

GREAT, more chanter love
thats what this game needs :-/
they should had fixed the enchant line not this....

H

hiban

<Tastes his newly brewed, hot, black coffee> Aaaah, nothing like a cup of coffee and a fight between the three realms in the morning...on BW 0_o

Well. we all knew hibby casters were indeed underpowered these patches, so they "pumped them abit". Give hibbieland more firepower! ;) Will chanter pets never stop nuking after that patch? (in that case, me thinks alot of chanter pets will be on da battlement nuking ppl outside. *points at necros now* if so, we will se alot of strong whines, with loads of cool swearings and words we didnt know excisted.
All hail Hibernia, the realm of total understanding and oneness with perfection! Let the greed and stupidity be the fall of the 2 barbarian realms Midgard and Albion!

And yeah, the insta pbae disease for shamans is GREAT! Gets resisted 8 out of 10 times. Effects the ppl that hit me directly in melee... Doubt a disease will stop a polearmsman from killing me?

Ps im playing abit in albion now, so dont kill me if u see me, mmkay?

G

-gama-

the old group cast end buffs are ST conc based too... the lvl 42 end regen (end 5) takes 30 conc per target... ouch!

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
Niljindil my little friend..yes pbaoe disease is nice.. but we are not allways fighting pure tanks you know...you try and out sprint an minstrell..an infil who just hit u with snare poison , a caster HEHEHE..a bard..ohh guesse not.. a druid then.. ohh guesses not..how about an archer.. did I mention Caster :p...Yeah it works great against arsmen, blademasters and such but against peopel with ranged attacks , speed , or mezz or root..its just not very good you know .. And yes Ichor is a great RA..but at 14 points its bloody expensive

So youre saying you are getting ganked by archers casters and support classes? Mind i ask what in gods name YOUR tanks are doing? :rolleyes:

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Gekul
Giving it range is ok, but taking conc too?

why not? pally end is rangebased AND takes power too

H

hiban

Pallies dont need their power for more than end regen and ress? rite? Then just turn end reg off when there is no fight, and regen power? Or simply tell another pally to run end for awhile. Conc based end regen for shammies will mean less buffs for the grp. (dunno how many conc points it will cost tho)

I agree that giving them ranged end regen was the right thing. Now buffbotted ppl wont be able to sprint and style forever atleast :)

F

Fafnir

Wonders what's next. Mythic said they where gonna look into Left Axe, and what do they do. They Nerf Shaman's.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Read patch notes a couple of times. Not hugely excited/worried about any of it. The notes openly state they are focusing on Hib.

Was miffed at first about the end regen, I mainly use my shammy to beef up PvE hunts where we are short of seers or to help lower level peeps xp a bit. This will hurt as I generally wander around randomly buffing anyone who gets within range. However, I guess for RvR it balances a bit with the chants that say bards have, since they have always had these type of restrictions on them. Actually shammies stiill have it slightly better, since bards can only help those they are grouped with full stop. (Might be wrong, but this is my perception of it, someone correct me if I'm off base).

I'm still reserving judgement though. I'm waiting to see what Midagard gets in this round-the-houses approach Mythic are taking and to be perfectly blunt, I'm waiting to see if anything will finally come down the wire for Dark SMs though it will likely be too little too late to be honest.

H

hiban

Nah, they will actually strengthen left axe... Since it takes so much end and the headless zerkers cant stay close to the shamans, mythic thought:

"Hmmm... ok, lets REMOVE the end cost for left axe styles totally. since it soon has to take some activity keep shaman alive and stay close to him". Also zerkers and shadowblades will get self stackable dex/con/str buff (midgard only). Zerkers get perma hamster mode as well.

Dark Age of Camelot

Test Version 1.60b Release Notes

Thursday, April 24, 2003

Midgard changes:

The berserker class no longer have endurance cost on their "left axe"- styles. They will also have permanent "berserker mode" and a stackable self dex/cons/str buff (comes automaticly when downloading patch) So no panic.

Shamans get nerfed

No changes to the rest of the classes

It will be raining over here tomorrow

Im hungry

Albion changes:

We have now decided (through lottery) that the Albion realm will be deleted from our servers. If you want to play in that realm, you will have to arrange that by yourselves, we dont have time to play games here, we actually WORK here ffs! *spills coffee all over the table*

Albion classes will NOT be nerfed- They will be deleted. Since the realm will be deleted, we figured that we had no use for the classes in it.

Hibernia changes:

Hibernian casters will now have 251 af self buff. Instead of the old bugged 250 af buff

Quest changes:

We are planning on removing all albion quests, since noone will be allowed to play there anyways.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by hiban
Nah, they will actually strengthen left axe... Since it takes so much end and the headless zerkers cant stay close to the shamans, mythic thought:

"Hmmm... ok, lets REMOVE the end cost for left axe styles totally. since it soon has to take some activity keep shaman alive and stay close to him". Also zerkers and shadowblades will get self stackable dex/con/str buff (midgard only). Zerkers get perma hamster mode as well.

Dark Age of Camelot

Thursday, April 24, 2003

Midgard changes:

The berserker class no longer have endurance cost on their "left axe"- styles. They will also have permanent "berserker mode" and a stackable self dex/cons/str buff (comes automaticly when downloading patch) So no panic.

Shamans get nerfed

Im hungry

Albion changes:

We have now decided (through lottery) that the Albion realm will be deleted from our servers. If you want to play in that realm, you will have to arrange that by yourselves, we dont have time to play games here, we actually WORK here ffs!

Albion classes will NOT be nerfed- They will be deleted. Since the realm will be deleted, we figured that we had no use for the classes in it.

Hibernia changes:

Hibernian casters will now have 251 af self buff. Instead of the old bugged 250 af buff

Quest changes:

We are planning on removing all albion quests, since noone will be allowed to play there anyways.

some people make funny "fakes"

others die trying.......

you´re dead :p

H

Hargh

I thought it was good - certainly better than a half page "quote" from the post before. Why take up all that space when we know what you are talking about?

K

kinag

Originally posted by hiban

Dark Age of Camelot

Thursday, April 24, 2003

Midgard changes:

Shamans get nerfed

Im hungry

Albion changes:

We have now decided (through lottery) that the Albion realm will be deleted from our servers. If you want to play in that realm, you will have to arrange that by yourselves, we dont have time to play games here, we actually WORK here ffs! *spills coffee all over the table*

Hibernia changes:

Quest changes:

Hmmm, i actually found that a bit funny, tho im not feeling very well this days, so....

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Overall, this seems a reasonably good patch. They were focussing on Hib and most of the changes were to get the VW and Animist beefed up, which is fair enough.

The caster changes seem to be 'fixes' along the lines of what the TLs were looking for, is my guess. The eldrich has had a bit more of a boost, I guess it was the weaker hib caster? The chanter pets have been fixed to make them all a bit more useful. The melee damage debuff looks pretty useful - I hope all realms get a version of this. The mentalist seems to get fixes that won't affect RvR too greatly.

I think the Shammy end buff change is pretty reasonable. My only concern is that it will be hard to get a Midgard group as well buffed up as a Hib/Alb group without a buffbot in the PK. Clerics and Druids will have more conc to spend on double buffs and acuity buffs and Hib has more secondary buffers to cover the base buffs.

Bring on the Mid fixes!

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Skrad
So they could well address the issue of 16 concentration buffs.
Its 20 - and has been for a long time. Or at least it is for Alb clerics.

They just never bothered to update the message that displays when youve hit the limit to show this.

Limiting buffs by both conc pool and max number of buffs is STUPID though.

V

Validus

Albion Quests

- "Heart of Albion": Lady Nimue in Avalon Marsh seeks someone willing to gather the scattered shards of the Pendant of Hope.

Hibernia Quests

- "Two Ales, Ailish!" Speak with Iao in the Green Rose Pub in Tir na Nog. He seems to have lost his glasses and could use some help finding them.

lol...

T

Tasans

Ways shammies to defend themselves:
1) Insta fart and sprint
2) 14 point ra
Oh guess what the nerf they wont be able to sprint. Because they cant afford the buff. Aug shammies from pendragon report that 5 end5 buffs takes away 80% conc. So all of you aug shammies out there, now its your chance to pl another class and have a buffbot :sleeping:

C

Cush

Think they could atleast give shamans some better stuff in the mendline cus atm it is just soooo crap

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Tasans
Aug shammies from pendragon report that 5 end5 buffs takes away 80% conc.

I'll guess tanks will have to settle with end4 then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom