1.62 notes!

T

Tasans

Originally posted by old.Zuljin
and DoT, and AE dot, And heal, and have Specc buffs, and give dmg add, and give dmg shield, and be trolls :>
Mezz, aoe mezz, insta mezz, insta aoe mezz, insta aoe lul, insta dd, heal, speed, pow regen, wpnspec, resists buffs, 1.5 spec points.

Im not trying to say bards need a nerf, but that shamans need something to make them come out of the tks.

K

klavrynd

kinag, the lol? etc remark was to mister "WHAT ELSE CAN THEY DO" (old zuljin)

T

Tasans

Originally posted by katt!

WAAWAA.

LIVE

WITH

IT.

You could have posted that from the first post, now you made me waste 10 mins trying to explain something. Go grow some braincells.

K

Kallio

Well I still can´t see why the end regen had to be changed. Sure as hell it was good, the best of the 3 realms... but Conc based???

Why the hell they could´t just make it chantable at 1500 range or something. Will be fun to try buff a whole group, 3 fighting classes... dex/qui and str/con to all of em, +end... so 9 buffs used this far. Soo.... incase shaman is the only buffer there is 7 buffs left for the rest of the group... anyone seeing my point here?

yeah well you can still give a end regen to a lowlvl char what you can´t do in alb or hib.

When 1.62 hits europe I will leave if I haven´t done it yet.

K

katt!

Originally posted by Tasans
You could have posted that from the first post, now you made me waste 10 mins trying to explain something. Go grow some braincells.

explain something? the only thing you have written is how much shamans are helpless1!11!!! while bards are 200% uber. all this while ignoring arguments or coming with crap like "but bards have evade 2 1!11!"

T

Tasans

explain something? the only thing you have written is how much shamans are helpless1!11!!! while bards are 200% uber. all this while ignoring arguments or coming with crap like "but bards have evade 2 1!11!"

Im not trying to say bards need a nerf, but that shamans need something to make them come out of the tks.

Learned to read yet?

K

Kallio

also... the lev 27 cave pbae disease shout is resisted pretty often, and even when you´re sprinting it takes quite long to get a distance enough to cast spells before the bugger is again on you. give insta root to shammy baseline :D

T

Tasans

scroll up and read your other posts?
I know what i wrote.
And what arguements i ignored? The 15% omg uber snare?
They should make it 50% or something. And as kallio said, it gets resisted.
But nm you are here to flame anyway.

T

Tobold

- The Lesser Mana Ripple line has had its cast time reduced to 2.5 seconds, making it similar to PBAEs in the other realms.

but we only have ONE BLOODY PBAER FFS

K

katt!

Originally posted by Tasans
I know what i wrote.
And what arguements i ignored? The 15% omg uber snare?
They should make it 50% or something. And as kallio said, it gets resisted.
But nm you are here to flame anyway.

15% is still enough to get away from a tank, doesnt break on damage either. wee. ignore the facts.

realize it actually has its uses.

its not resisted as often as you would like it to be, 8s refresh btw :eek:

T

Tasans

15% is still enough to get away from a tank, doesnt break on damage either. wee. ignore the facts.

realize it actually has its uses.

its not resisted as often as you would like it to be, 8s refresh btw :eek:
Try to say that to a LW tank next time i cast it on him mmk?
Shamans are usually dead meat in a few hits.
And why would i want to nerf my class just to flame someone? :doh:

T

thorungla

Originally posted by old.Belorfyn
- Changed the Minor Earth Invigoration line (fatigue regeneration buff) to be realm targeted concentration buff. If the target of this buff moves more than 1500 world units away from the caster, it will stop affecting the target until he moves back within this range. As with all concentration buffs, if the caster is killed all the buffs he is supporting will drop.

I read the first sentence and went like aaaargh, then read the rest. Mythic actually did something to make buffbotters not to be able to use this (would had given way too much advantage too). Good thing that they considered this (in my opinion) :clap:

Personally I read it and thought hmm 'Minor' end regen, thats the single targetted version, so does this mean the group version is not affected?

And also, cant imagine any buffblades etc took advantage of a buff on a 10 min timer much. Surely only the gimpeyest of all gimps would return to their beloved buffbot for a 10 min timer buff :D

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Tobold
- The Lesser Mana Ripple line has had its cast time reduced to 2.5 seconds, making it similar to PBAEs in the other realms.

but we only have ONE BLOODY PBAER FFS

Actually we have 2. Necros have PBAOE dot and PBAOE DD (then you kinda got cleric and reaver)

S

Sarnat

Looks pretty solid patch to me. I guess CD will get some love along with DW in the next letters. IMO, the end regen "nerf" isn't really bad at all. They should do same for other buffs but with more range (2500? 3000?).

S

Spinky

It's the first version of the patch, things can still change, and the fact that they have put the end regen as conc on a strict radius that disappears after the range, and reappears when they return into the radius proves that they're able to counter buffbots with the radius thingymajig, now it's time to see if they have the balls to follow through with it...

shame that Mid have to be the guinea pigs for the measures by way of so many crying nerf on something that [many] don't think much about, or take into account every side of the story (there are three).

All the above are my own opinions, flame me all you like, i reserve the right to ignore you completely since it appears to be the popular trend to ignore each others opinions as far as this game goes, again, a shame that the games we choose to play are only really hurt by the community that wants it all and doesn't get it.

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by old.Belorfyn
- Changed the Minor Earth Invigoration line (fatigue regeneration buff) to be realm targeted concentration buff. If the target of this buff moves more than 1500 world units away from the caster, it will stop affecting the target until he moves back within this range. As with all concentration buffs, if the caster is killed all the buffs he is supporting will drop.

I read the first sentence and went like aaaargh, then read the rest. Mythic actually did something to make buffbotters not to be able to use this (would had given way too much advantage too). Good thing that they considered this (in my opinion) :clap:

Hmmm only made it worse for those peopel who get buffed by other peopel.. my bot is on stick when I use him to PL...guesse what.. stick is within the 1500 range...yeah ok so the only let down is now I cannot give an end buff to some low lvl whilst i craft any more...tough luck for him..but then again we allready have the best xp spots of all the realms so we dont need no help to lvl ( LOL ) What is to stop peopel grouping with the shaman , he cast group end buff..un-groups..its not that hard.. ahh well.. atleast the chanter got beefed up...was one of the weakest chars there is so good for them ( LOL ) guesse being nuked for a gazillion dmg from afare due to de-buff.. and then QC stun + pbaoe when u get close was not enough..ahh well they should give em plate, 2x specc points ,and let em train in staff too

L

living

Midgard also only got 1 pbae'r..... umm or i missed something?! :) Hehe and alb aint that bad.. ur necros got pbae, sure i bet no1 here EVER saw a necro with pbae but hey thats not our fault :)

About the shaman, no defense deal, u cant predict who jumps u in a fight, so hard to disease him be4 hes slamming a hammer down ur face, and then u culd ofc. start running away but then ur grp starts whining cuz they loose end buff :) SHaman dont really need more defense he just need a grp who gives a shit of he lives or not.

dident see any berserker nerf?

edit: about the chanter, remove the fact that chanter's pet snare u.. thats REALLY a pain for pure tanks, the pet culd frikkin solo u, and u aint getting nowhere if u try to run cuz ur snared :).

D

Damon_D

disease shout? ichor? chain armor?

and they dont get interupted.

Disease shout that snares for something like 1,3% , Ichor yeah its a good RA but its cost a BLOODY 14 points ..chain armor is nice...remove the timer and beef up my dd and ill take cloth armor any day

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by old.Zuljin
and DoT, and AE dot, And heal, and have Specc buffs, and give dmg add, and give dmg shield, and be trolls :>

Yeah and you mr I know it all....you get huge dmg variance on you singel target dot if u dont specc semi high in cave.. aoe dot is high cave specc.. dmg add LOL...with 32 aug it hits for..12 dmg or so.. dmg shield with 41 cave it hits for a whooping 15 or so dmg..I'll take your wizzards BASELINE dmg add any day thank you..and btw no one ever uses the bleeding dmg shield for anything except for PL'ing lvl 5 chars.. you know why ???? Because it breaks our own freaking root.. thats why.. I root tank..tank hits me.. root breaks..tank kill's me.. well I can use my UBER insta pbaoe disease shout who snares for like..close to nothing...but I might get lucky and the dude dont have end buff so i can sprint.. but then again..it might just get resisted as it does ALOT and I'm dead again.. btw that UBER disease shout is also high cave specc...Yeah one in a blue moon we get lucky.. and we kite someone or even 2 or 3 peopel (with not much brain) to death.. guesse that makes us uber... guesse what I'll take weapon specc and BT any day thank you..If I was starting from 0 today..no way in hell I would play mid.. I would go for the realm with the best freaking char types..hibernia .. and play a druid.. bahhh not gonna waste any nore time on you ignorant fool's...

N

Nonnier

i admit, the shaman end buff change is a improvement imo

now it won't run out in a grp situation, making it uber.

and yes, the dmg add is the worse spell in the shamans list, u must be mad to use it in a grp situation.

Shamans need love, and so do healers in fact, (plz don't say that they have a AoE stun, cause now its usless with all the purges out there, and theres a complete lack of them in the realm).

I think that shamans need

1)more DoTs
2)a PoX (because you only ever see shamans out there, might as well make em useful to casters)
3)a insta root

then i think mid would be a better place :)

S

SilverHood

dammit Damon! you missed out the insta stun they need!

S

SilverHood

btw, we wont see this patch until May, atleast, if not latter.

By that time, I'm long gone (15th May, PlanetSide release)... last person to leave midgard should turn off the lights :)

S

sieben_dapoet

Originally posted by SilverHood
btw, we wont see this patch until May, atleast, if not latter.

By that time, I'm long gone (15th May, PlanetSide release)... last person to leave midgard should turn off the lights :)

lol :) im off once subs run out too in about June/July... last person to leave alb turn off lights please :)

V

vintervargen

Tasans, woha, you really know shit about bards.

The whole arguement bards <-> shamans is completly irrelevant, you cannot compare these two classes only cause both got end regen. Then you could as well compare menta <-> healer cause they both got power regen.

About staying alive in a fight to keep end regen up;

Shamans get:

resist buffs
chain armor
weild weapon without loosing end regen
range 1500 end regen.

Bards get:

RF armor (studded)
Instamezz
AE instamezz
Insta lull
range 1000 end regen

This is what they get that will help them in defense (excluding RA's) AE insta lull aint iften used when fight has started, cause of mezzbreaking etc. Bards got a drum which makes them obvious to spot, shamans can pretend they are some warrior or whatever, at least for the first seconds. Bards gets weaponspec, which we never use because 1) its very low (unless your a battlebard) 2) end regen stops.

I would say shamans have it easier to survive then bards. Period.

O

old.Elrond

I'm a bit confused here tbh...do end regen changes apply only to the single target buff? or to both that and the group buff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom