1.60d minstrel changes

D

Danya

Tell that to the minstrel that DDed my mentalist for 40/50 (ressick so effective 80/100, still crap) and stunned me for between 2 and 3 seconds. Then attacked and missed (flat out miss, not BT) and got qc stunned by me and killed. Yes that uber "dragonfang anytime" stun bought a single sword swing. Wow. :p

M

Mageling

Eh

Originally posted by Danyan
Tell that to the minstrel that DDed my mentalist for 40/50 (ressick so effective 80/100, still crap) and stunned me for between 2 and 3 seconds. Then attacked and missed (flat out miss, not BT) and got qc stunned by me and killed. Yes that uber "dragonfang anytime" stun bought a single sword swing. Wow. :p
Df is thrust, meaning you use thrust weapons, and not swords.
And with capped heat resist for the mincer, as your crap stun is heat based, and aom2-3 enjoy your uber stun.

Further, ‘Df’ is ‘evade’ based. And not an anytime style. Reactionary style would be the name.

They need to raise the level cap to level 100 (hundred), so we don't have these level 50 (fifty) n00by aspires all over.

O

Olgark

Originally posted by Tranquil-
HOW can someone be gimped like that? There is no way possible to gimp yourself like that with the stats he presented.

You must be very desperate to prove that minstrels are overpowered. Atleast gather some semi-reliable data when trying to prove a false point. :p

Ok then next time Alpha hits me for 300+ with a 1 handed sword I will post the screen shot here. Or same goes for any other mincer that manages to get a shot at me. I know what I see on my screen and why should I come here to make things up?

C

Carlos Bananos

Re: Eh

Originally posted by Mageling
And with capped heat resist for the mincer, as your crap stun is heat based, and aom2-3 enjoy your uber stun.
"Pin attacks you with his sword.
You can no longer move"

lies.

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by Olgark
Ok then next time Alpha hits me for 300+ with a 1 handed sword I will post the screen shot here. Or same goes for any other mincer that manages to get a shot at me. I know what I see on my screen and why should I come here to make things up?

thats right next time you're wearing grey armour and sitting down and alpha attacks you, take a pic.

R

rure

Originally posted by Olgark

why do most people think Alpha is the average minstrel? 2 big reasons why he aint: 1, he is almost rr10 (or is he that now?)/ 2, he got a lvl 50 bbot.

I can show you some screenies of me hitting for under 100 on skalds if you want. without rezz sickness.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by raisen-nesiar
mincers hit as hard as infil....ive tested it with russell (thx russell) althoigh not quite as fast, they get dd's that do realy niice damage...
You rather forget envenom line + melee stuns

Raisen has a VERY good pa...but russels 1st attack plus both his dd's does almost as much damage... (russell calls it his PA), but this is not position bases like infil PA, and you dont even need stealth for it..
Yes, our DDs don't do lousy damage on people with normal resists. Real RvR != duels with an inf in epic armour, kk.

insta stun, thats anytime DF isnt it
No. It uses twice the end of DF, lasts 66% the time DF does against a target with ZERO body resist... find me such a target and you will have found an R1 lvl46 SB.

minstrels do have more hp than infils, and better armour, they get ignorepain and avoidpain....and infils dont
Unspecced small shield + chain + evade2 is technically less defence than evade7+leather. We don't get more hp than you, I have no idea why you think that. We do indeed get IP and AP, that is a damn strong point in our favour.

minstrels have all the nice extras, speed, heal song, ablative chant. climbs walls too if you spec for it.
It's simple, our stealth doesn't work. All this shit is of very little help in real situations. It just looks good on paper.

from all i can see see hidden is the only thing that will stop minstrels becomming Super-infils....
<<<Raisen worships minstrels>>>
See hidden? Surely we pwnz0r SBs 24/7 so who cares about see hidden?

You know squat, is basically what I'm trying to say here. :great:

R

rure

Amen Landshark, couldnt have said it better myself.

D

Danya

Re: Eh

Originally posted by Mageling

Further, ‘Df’ is ‘evade’ based. And not an anytime style. Reactionary style would be the name.

They need to raise the level cap to level 100 (hundred), so we don't have these level 50 (fifty) n00by aspires all over.
Read, comprehend, post.
I wasn't talking about dragonfang. I was talking about minstrel insta stun. Which FYI is worse than my "uber stun". The phrase "dragonfang anytime" was from raisen-nesiar; "insta stun, thats anytime DF isnt it". My point there being, no mincer stun is nothing like dragonfang, it's much weaker.

Also, swords are thrust weapons. A guarded rapier shows as "sword" when you attack with it (unlike you I have actually used such a weapon, so have a slight clue wtf I'm talking about).

Ever heard the phrase, "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"? Well you stone just shattered the whole damn lot, n00bling.

R

raisen-nesiar

gosh

sorry i spoke...
did i EVER say DF was an anytime style....er..no

i didnt ask for a slang match, and i wont give you one.
im rr7lv5 infil on excal, only yog, pin, and remi have more rp than me in the infil game...thats not noob imo

feel free to disagree

O

old.LandShark

I didn't call you a bad inf. I didn't say DF was an anytime. I said that insta stun = less than half the duration of DF. I didn't say you were a noob. I didn't ask for a slanging match. You came here telling me my class is uber, I'm telling you you're wrong. Hush.

V

.Venge

Russell here with nickname Kadoer

Rure, whats your spec, and Landshark whats yours?
1 things for sure you guys must have sucky spec if you hit for less than 100 each swing or maybe using daggers?
have you ever tried to use a bastard sword perhaps?

ive had 2 specs:

1. 50 slash 43 inst - average damage on SB's: 250-300 (with diamond slash style it got up2 400 sometimes)

2. current gimp spec: 34 slash 35 stealth 44 inst - average damage on SB's: 150-220 (better dd's than 43 inst though)
without buffs i do about 120-150 on current spec.

check your stats and +skills and specs before you say minstrels are gimped again. because you speak for yourself only. atleast not me.

R

raisen-nesiar

well ok landshark, thats your opinion and thats fine, i never said you were good, i said russell was.
maybe you are good, im not saying your not..i just simply do not know you. /salute
it was Danyan who started spewing drivle about anytime DF anyway not you, sorry i didnt make my negative energy vibes more direct at him. ..DANYAN, read stuff more carefuly m8, u cant just make stuff up that ppl didnt say lol.

and again, im sorry for expressing my own thoughts, ill try not to again.

no hard feelings to any1. ciao

R

rure

D

Danya

Hmm that's low damage rure. Here's a few of mine (spec is 44i/40w/28s):

One on a zerker with a jambiya (buffed by group cleric):
[00:30:32] You perform your Amethyst Slash perfectly. (+51)
[00:30:32] You attack Klavrynd with your dagger and hit for 128 (-30) damage!

Some on an ideal target, SB just got his epic, crap resists etc using a sabre (buffed by buffbot and hasted):
[23:57:25] You perform your Amethyst Slash perfectly. (+66)
[23:57:25] You attack Djibreel with your sword and hit for 253 (+24) damage!
[23:57:27] You perform your Amethyst Slash perfectly. (+69)
[23:57:27] You attack Djibreel with your sword and hit for 253 (+25) damage!
[23:57:29] You perform your Amethyst Slash perfectly. (+86)
[23:57:29] You attack Djibreel with your sword and hit for 253 (+31) damage!
[23:57:32] You perform your Amethyst Slash perfectly. (+78)
[23:57:32] You attack Djibreel with your sword and hit for 253 (+28) damage!

And a hit on a skald with my sabre (buffed by group cleric):
wendela.jpg

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.LandShark
We don't get more hp than you, I have no idea why you think that.

Small point - you can have more hp than infs, but only because you can be highlanders (and most are). 10 extra con = 36 more hp at level 50 (before toughness). Other than that, same hp table.

Raisen: Minstrels hitting as hard as PA? :ROFLMAO:

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by Pin
Small point - you can have more hp than infs, but only because you can be highlanders (and most are). 10 extra con = 36 more hp at level 50 (before toughness). Other than that, same hp table.

Ghetto inf.

Minstrels are uber, look at other thread, they have an anytime style to match pa !!11

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Pin

Yes, Pin. I know. I said that in my original reply to Raisen. :p
Anyhow, I've got same hp as a briton inf. Poor noob me didn't put 10 into con at the start. :p

O

old.LandShark

Re: Russell here with nickname Kadoer

Originally posted by kadoer
Rure, whats your spec, and Landshark whats yours?
1 things for sure you guys must have sucky spec if you hit for less than 100 each swing or maybe using daggers?
have you ever tried to use a bastard sword perhaps?

37+15 slash
289str with usual buffs, off the top of my head, might be slightly lower, fairly sure it's in the 270-290 range...
I never claimed to hit for less than 100 each swing ;> Dunno who did tbh, must have been someone whose groups don't buff him or who solos unbuffed. Either way they're dead and dead people don't count :p
Though some Brehon NS blew AP the other day and I was Ame-slashing for 80 suddenly, instead of for 180.
I can't remember last time I hit anyone (other than AP users) for under 100, but then I have tr0llish qui (yes, I know, it's gimp, forgive me) and use an MP sabre....

M

moo_work

Originally posted by Danyan
Hmm that's low damage rure. Here's a few of mine (spec is 44i/40w/28s):

One on a zerker with a jambiya (buffed by group cleric):
[00:30:32] You perform your Amethyst Slash perfectly. (+51)
[00:30:32] You attack Klavrynd with your dagger and hit for 128 (-30) damage!

Some on an ideal target, SB just got his epic, crap resists etc using a sabre (buffed by buffbot and hasted):
[23:57:25] You perform your Amethyst Slash perfectly. (+66)
[23:57:25] You attack Djibreel with your sword and hit for 253 (+24) damage!
[23:57:27] You perform your Amethyst Slash perfectly. (+69)
[23:57:27] You attack Djibreel with your sword and hit for 253 (+25) damage!
[23:57:29] You perform your Amethyst Slash perfectly. (+86)
[23:57:29] You attack Djibreel with your sword and hit for 253 (+31) damage!
[23:57:32] You perform your Amethyst Slash perfectly. (+78)
[23:57:32] You attack Djibreel with your sword and hit for 253 (+28) damage!

And a hit on a skald with my sabre (buffed by group cleric):
wendela.jpg

w
t
f

why do i only hit for ~90 with amny slash with my mp jambiya (sp?)

buffed mabye ~110-120

dont think ive ever had more than +50 style bonus

thats with this spec: 44+8 inst, 44+10 slash, 21+8 stealth

(no sc armour,..... yet..)

O

old.LandShark

You attack Whatshername with your sword
Jambiya says dagger... so either Danyan was indulging his bastard sword fetish, or he was using a sabre, either way much slower weap so bigger hits.

R

rure

Well, I can show you pickies of me hitting tanks for 170+.

I just mean that we are utterly weak without buffs.

D

Danya

moo, other than you suck... notice my jambiya hit for 128, buffed. Not far out from your 110-120. Also I only have 275 str fully buffed (yes I'm a gimp :p).
I looked for some unbuffed hits, but I didn't have any - I don't often remember to log / screenshot.

I don't like jamibyas much, I find a sabre easier to use and i'm less likely to hit the speed cap.

My lowest hit I remember was an am slash for ~35 (about +15 style bonus). That was with a sabre, but I was duelling a cleric who popped BoF. :p

Also don't forget, on prydwen Albion has 3 strength relics. ;)

E

Ensceptifica

Play a warden, then come back and say minstrels don't hit hard, kthnxbye ( ;

T

Tranquil-

That has partly to do with because you swing it so god damn fast with that haste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom