1.60d minstrel changes

T

Tyka

Uh as medikto said in guild chat, "now alpha can solo keep lords, and if keep lord is too tough just sos"

O

old.m0000

solo keep lords?
rofl with what?

still weakest hitters of any class that can spec melee

E

Exiled

maybe if you run around unbuffed sometimes we can see this, meh lvl 50 champ gets hit for about 300, that aint weak

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by old.m0000
still weakest hitters of any class that can spec melee

lol? get a clue!

Its spelled b.a.r.d and w.a.r.d.e.n!

A

ab_fluid

minstrel climbing walls, gonna be funny they go in AE mez, then infs can get free pick of who the kill :/.

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by ab_fluid
minstrel climbing walls, gonna be funny they go in AE mez, then infs can get free pick of who the kill :/.

Why play an inf?

buffed mincer = inf with mez instead of CS :rolleyes:

P

poppamies

i think this change will really help alb in rvr....
Try find a minstrel who wants to grp with a normal grp now, like that will ever happen now, if it was rare before its going to be impossible now =)
Great work mythic, help the albs ut by making their suport classes uben in soloing, that will help em...
Next time give wizzies stealth too and give em chain, i think that will improve things for the normal alb grps...

D

Danya

Originally posted by Exiled
maybe if you run around unbuffed sometimes we can see this, meh lvl 50 champ gets hit for about 300, that aint weak
k, get some real armour, then try again. :p

R

rure

Can you show me an SS of that when a champ is wearing epic armor. And I would like to see more than one hit in same fight since one can be a lucky crit.

I tend to hit tanks for 100-150ish. Casters for 200 if they dont have their self-buff. Using an arcanium sabre, 99%.

K

kirennia

20% melee bonus...take that away and gives around 240dmg.....not really as powerful now :p

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by old.Niljindil

lol? get a clue!

Its spelled b.a.r.d and w.a.r.d.e.n!

only becuase they dont spec it...

my statement still stands

O

old.m0000

bull

shit

E

Envenom2

i hit for around 300 per style atm buffed take away the resist -50+ when resists kick in and im hitting for 200

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by old.m0000

only becuase they dont spec it...

my statement still stands

No it doesnt, most wardens spec 39 or 44 weapon, at least they did before respec, go ask them.

Your statement is a pile of crap thank you very much.

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by Envenom2
i hit for around 300 per style atm buffed take away the resist -50+ when resists kick in and im hitting for 200

hahahaha, m00 got pwned!

O

old.LandShark

Exiled, my dmg cap with 52slash, capped str from items and a lvl44 (i.e. giving me +50str +75str) buffbot is under 350. If you think any real minstrel hits champs for 300 without some kind of godlike crit, then you're a muppet.

As for the rest of it - tsss.
They should remove all the fluff. Dump charm and AEmezz so people stop going "omfg they will climb walls with their AE ubermezz and charmed frost stallion and spam flaming rocks out of their nose" etc.
Incidentally, while I agree that minstrels should NO WAY get climb wall (safefall yes and i'd've liked see hidden counter, but nm) since we have CC. And the ablative chant imho is a stupid idea. It always absorbs the same amount of hp per hit, right? So, Wuren 3-shots you with his spear and you gain 3* 20 or 30 hp, depending on what the chant is. Don't have any real numbers yet. But then you fight an SB, who 14-shots you but every single mainhand and offhand hit loses 20dmg... so the chant saves you hundreds of hp in the one fight. Shrug. seems stupid to me... useless against big hitters and nerf-worthy against small-but-fast hitters.

hahahaha, m00 got pwned!

Nil, I honestly thought you had better sense than to believe Envenom. Remember, this IS the karam of the nightshade world.
Of course minstrels hit for 300, but not on champs; on casters.

P

Pin

Originally posted by ab_fluid

Yup, that's going to be nice on a 5 second cast time, mezz lasting 15 seconds and redcon guards and archers interrupting the cast. :rolleyes:

R

rure

Originally posted by Envenom2

celaa, I know you are a really great minstrel. but do you really hit that much on a tank? on casters I can understand, not on a champ.

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.LandShark
And the ablative chant imho is a stupid idea. It always absorbs the same amount of hp per hit, right? So, Wuren 3-shots you with his spear and you gain 3* 20 or 30 hp, depending on what the chant is. Don't have any real numbers yet. But then you fight an SB, who 14-shots you but every single mainhand and offhand hit loses 20dmg... so the chant saves you hundreds of hp in the one fight. Shrug. seems stupid to me... useless against big hitters and nerf-worthy against small-but-fast hitters.

No, it works the same as ablative aura, and is on a pulse. So basically, it will absorb 50% of damage from a hit, up to a maximum of 60 (I believe it's 60) hits per pulse.

So, if a spearo hits you 3 times in 3 pulses for 400 a time, it would absorb 180 damage (you would be hit for 340 each hit). If a SB hits you 15 times in 3 pulses for 80 a time, it would absorb 180 damage (the first 2 hits after the pulse would be for 40 and 60, then 80 for the rest).

X

Xandax

Originally posted by Pin

Yup, that's going to be nice on a 5 second cast time, mezz lasting 15 seconds and redcon guards and archers interrupting the cast. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you have been at enough keep takes to notice how often red con archers are standing near climb spots :rolleyes: -

Oh yeah - they are already killed.

Archers on walls are one of the first things that get removed at keep attacks - so I really doubt, no matter how upgraded the keep is, they can keep interupting people on the wall when dead.

F

Flimgoblin

No it doesnt, most wardens spec 39 or 44 weapon, at least they did before respec, go ask them.

Your statement is a pile of crap thank you very much.

self buffed warden will out-damage a minstrel ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Pin

No, it works the same as ablative aura, and is on a pulse. So basically, it will absorb 50% of damage from a hit, up to a maximum of 60 (I believe it's 60) hits per pulse.

So, if a spearo hits you 3 times in 3 pulses for 400 a time, it would absorb 180 damage (you would be hit for 340 each hit). If a SB hits you 15 times in 3 pulses for 80 a time, it would absorb 180 damage (the first 2 hits after the pulse would be for 40 and 60, then 80 for the rest).

yep tis about right.. checking the VN boards I got some numbers on it... it's 100% absorb upto 70 damage. Refreshes every 6 seconds.

So if someone hits 3 times for 100 they'll do 30 100 100.
If they hit you once for 400 thye'll do 330.

If they hit you 6 times for 50 they'll do 0 20 50 50 50 50

D

Danya

The 70 value ablative at is 50 spec though. A lot of minstrels will only have the 40 spec version which is 40 per pulse.
40 less damage every 6 seconds when you're being hit for 200 every 3, big deal.

Also with an arc sabre and 43 slash my (buffed) cap is 266 with an anytime style, and I can only hit that on SBs, so saying minstrels consitent hit for over 300 on scale is just BS.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Xandax

I'm sure you have been at enough keep takes to notice how often red con archers are standing near climb spots :rolleyes: -

Oh yeah - they are already killed.

Archers on walls are one of the first things that get removed at keep attacks - so I really doubt, no matter how upgraded the keep is, they can keep interupting people on the wall when dead.

When you climb a wall and unstealth, it's the archers in the lord tower which aggro on you, and their range covers almost the whole of the perimeter wall. Plus they don't lose aggro on you even if you go away, restealth and come back, they'll keep you targetted until they aggro someone else.

X

Xandax

Originally posted by Pin

When you climb a wall and unstealth, it's the archers in the lord tower which aggro on you, and their range covers almost the whole of the perimeter wall. Plus they don't lose aggro on you even if you go away, restealth and come back, they'll keep you targetted until they aggro someone else.

It is extreemly rare I get aggro from thoese archers when going into keeps.

And taking a stun shouter with me would mean that the people defending would get wasted much faster, and that I'd need to spend even less time close to aggro.

I

Ironfoot

Once the devs put down their crack pipes and stop snorting coke they will realise that giving climb walls ability to a class that will have chain / evade III / and CC was a fucked up concept and as such won't implement it.

I dont understand the logic that has been used in deciding that Minstrels need assassin like skills in their stealth line. Why cant archers (from all realms) have these abilities ? And before you all say coz then they can snipe people in some godlike fashion from the ramparts down to the main keep floor... thats bullshit. The ability to climb a wall and take out 1 person in a keep is NOT IN THE LEAST BIT as overpowering as the ability for a pack of mincers to climb up with infil support and mez more than half of the keep defending force when door 2 is almost down.

On another note why back in the Beta days did hunter have chain and evade taken away and nefred to studded and evade I (now evade II). I'll tell you why , because the crack smoking dope morons at mythic said that Chain and evade III was TOO OVERPOWERING period. Also what business has a rogue got wearing chain anway ?

Hunters should now get evade 3 and chain back or evade 4 and keep studded.

Yes minstrels needed some "love" but cutting and pasting unique lines / abilities from another class is a bullshit lazy cock up ass way of fixxing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom