1.60d minstrel changes

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Nil, I honestly thought you had better sense than to believe Envenom. Remember, this IS the karam of the nightshade world.
Of course minstrels hit for 300, but not on champs; on casters.

:D Note the "hahahaha" ;)

The only reason i said that was because that sure as hell is more than a warden/bard will ever hit for, which was the only thing i commented about in this thread ;)

Oh and Fingoniel, a fully buffed mincer will outdamage a warden, which is what counts really(in group everyone will, assuming its a balanced group be fully buffed).

While it could be true that a warden outdamages a minstrel with self buffs, those self buffs doesnt stack with others which makes mincers come out on top.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by Ironfoot
Once the devs put down their crack pipes and stop snorting coke they will realise that giving climb walls ability to a class that will have chain / evade III / and CC was a fucked up concept and as such won't implement it.

I dont understand the logic that has been used in deciding that Minstrels need assassin like skills in their stealth line. Why cant archers (from all realms) have these abilities ? And before you all say coz then they can snipe people in some godlike fashion from the ramparts down to the main keep floor... thats bullshit. The ability to climb a wall and take out 1 person in a keep is NOT IN THE LEAST BIT as overpowering as the ability for a pack of mincers to climb up with infil support and mez more than half of the keep defending force when door 2 is almost down.

On another note why back in the Beta days did hunter have chain and evade taken away and nefred to studded and evade I (now evade II). I'll tell you why , because the crack smoking dope morons at mythic said that Chain and evade III was TOO OVERPOWERING period. Also what business has a rogue got wearing chain anway ?

Hunters should now get evade 3 and chain back or evade 4 and keep studded.

Yes minstrels needed some "love" but cutting and pasting unique lines / abilities from another class is a bullshit lazy cock up ass way of fixxing something.

AOE 5.5 second cast time - interupted by how many red/orange con archers. Nevermind the fact that this would be bard heaven, enemy points to mezz, and mezz all stealthed Infils at the same time for us to go pick off at random. PLZ GIV! I could get off 2 Instas and 2 ST mezzes in the same amount of time. That would equate to at least 4 Mezzed minstrels.

I think most minstrels would make the same point, they have no reason to climb the walls either.

E

Exiled

mesa take a screen shot next time a minstrel camps the gorge, think i might have one

A

angrysquirrel

Originally posted by old.m0000
solo keep lords?
rofl with what?

still weakest hitters of any class that can spec melee

bards, wardens.........both classes without stealth...

fcuk it im off to the pub

E

Envenom2

yeah i meant that i hit mages for 300+ tanks usualy 260-270ish but if i was unbuffed by my lvl 50 cleric obviously id be hitting for less

R

rure

Originally posted by Envenom2
yeah i meant that i hit mages for 300+ tanks usualy 260-270ish but if i was unbuffed by my lvl 50 cleric obviously id be hitting for less

I need a buffbot.

S

splash0r

all i can say is

ABOUT BLOODY TIME!

Well m00 go whinne some more at VN boards get some more uberstuff :>

O

old.m0000

i only read vnboards, i dont lower myself as to post there

V

.Venge

omg Laand:
NERF MINSTRELS!!!1

kthxbye
------
You better get used to Mincer pwning your ass after 1.60d.
its about bloody time we get something like this :D

Rure, i do about 250 damage on tanks, but thats because of my uber sword and buffbot :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

R

rure

Russell, wot sword are you using? I am using an arcanium sabre (16.5dps, spd3.6 or something) 99% quality.

GIV BUFFBOT TO RURE

M

mhorr

oh well Minstrels needed some love but giving them and only them other stealthers abilities it's a lack of creativity from mythics along w bullshit, assassins abilities are for assassins only or for all the sneakers...

giv mincers leather/studded armor then...why not ?

bha i think all would be more balanced if they nerf badly the buffbots...but tbh i dont think it will going to happen...

L

lofff

</em sees all those loud mouthed mincers claiming 250-300dmg on tanks>

</em remembers meeting their buffboted arses all alone>

</em does not remember releasing..>

ps: </em wubs selfbuffs ^^ >

M

moo_work

be that as it may, if a minstrel does not want to die in a 1v anything up to 4/5, he wont.

funniest thing ive ever done to a champ to kill him was mezzing him, run and get an orange pet, kite with said pet - the fool could have snared it and come after me (not that he'd have got me, but woulda meant he would not have died) - the fool had dmg shield up and so snare attempts on the pet were , amusing.

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by Hatt
These changes is so fucking fucked.

as ever a full in depth review of the changes

/me wubs hatt

D

Danya

Originally posted by lofff
</em sees all those loud mouthed mincers claiming 250-300dmg on tanks>

</em remembers meeting their buffboted arses all alone>

</em does not remember releasing..>

ps: </em wubs selfbuffs ^^ >

Hmm only people I can get 250+ on consistently are SBs. And that's on prydwen with 3 strength relics. Tanks are more like 150-200 due to their higher AF.

M

Mageling

solo keep lords?
rofl with what?

Shit u dont even know bards can spec melee huh...

Lol the funny part is they did this cause mistrel population got bored, that was bard population soon one year ago.

Bards should settle with nothing less than castable end regen mana chant, and aoe instant stun at this point. Hell that's middies the proclaimed melee realm atm.

Oh yeah if bards, as said, are from the naturalist class, where druids wardens wear scale. And mistrels are rogues (leather) now how does mistrel wearing 27% absorb compare to bards 19%?

S

skile

solo keep lords?
rofl with what?

Points at the scout.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Mageling
Oh yeah if bards, as said, are from the naturalist class, where druids wardens wear scale. And mistrels are rogues (leather) now how does mistrel wearing 27% absorb compare to bards 19%?
Possibly because minstrels are not bards. Minstrels are rogue, bards are naturalists, they are completely different classes. Just because they both use instruemnts doesn't mean they should be identical. Also only assassins wear leather. The other rogues (archers) all wear studded. And please note evade 7 and leather is better than evade 2 and chain. Notice how few friars complain that they only have leather while clerics have chain?

S

smokee_hb

only becuase they dont spec it...

my statement still stands

Nope its because their damage is in the Naturarist line, and the the minstrell damage is in the Rogue line.
Wardens have long tried to get their damage and to hit changed to the Guardian line since they according to mythic are "quote" good fighters "/quote" and they really hit like pancys tbh.

M

Mageling

eh

Originally posted by Danyan

Possibly because minstrels are not bards. Minstrels are rogue, bards are naturalists, they are completely different classes. Just because they both use instruemnts doesn't mean they should be identical. Also only assassins wear leather. The other rogues (archers) all wear studded. And please note evade 7 and leather is better than evade 2 and chain. Notice how few friars complain that they only have leather while clerics have chain?

Bards get evade 2 absorb 19%. If not wrong friars got a sweet self absorb buff 15+10?

Mythic confirmed you're stealthers, and then your amour should reflect this. In fact you're offspring’s of assassins, which mean no heavy amour at all. To say we are not identical (bards vs mistrel) is irrelevant, however to justify why a rogue (only one I might add) get such a good amour is relevant. The old 'we are not given stealther benefits' does not hold up anymore. Safe fall, climb etc, and why did you get that ablative chant btw, if anything bards should have that springing from healer class.

D

Danya

*sigh*
Hibernia = Magical Realm.
Midgard = Melee Realm.
Albion = Defensive Realm.

That is why minstrels have chain, ok? Minstrels have less defence than any other Albion class with a speccable weapon, so why don't you start whining about them. Also why not try to get bard boosted instead of getting everyone else nerfed. Bards might have gotten an evade boost in 1.61/1.62 but you shot yourselfs in the foot there by yelling about minstrels getting evade 3. I really doubt Mythic will boost bard's evade now. Well done you just nerfed yourself.

A

aavarn

This is just a desperate example of Mythic not being bothered to go to the effort of developing another skill or spec line for a class that needs some adjustment upwards in terms of power/features and giving them a skill that is utterly inappropriate for their class instead in the hope that it might balance them and add some interest.

Pathetic, put some fucking effort in or hire some more creative people but do something that shows some intellectual effort has gone in to the whole process.

I mean come on - minstrels sing in taverns, etc they do not climb up keep walls looking for people to kill - climb walls is an obvious assassin skill.

As an Assassin player, having recently been nerfed to high heaven, I feel robbed - it seems at the moment Mythic are doing everything they can to discourage people from playing the Assassin classes and now they give a class-defining skill (one of the reasons to play an assassin) to another class.

R

rure

Originally posted by Danyan

Hmm only people I can get 250+ on consistently are SBs. And that's on prydwen with 3 strength relics. Tanks are more like 150-200 due to their higher AF.

that sounds alot more reasonable.

H

hotrat

As an Assassin player, having recently been nerfed to high heaven, I feel robbed - it seems at the moment Mythic are doing everything they can to discourage people from playing the Assassin classes and now they give a class-defining skill (one of the reasons to play an assassin) to another class.
No nerf can be as bad as see hidden, I and many minstrels felt very gutted when a ra to counter snipers was introduced and happened to effect minstrels as well. We still dont have any form of camouflage either, but the new ablative chant and dd power reductions and stun etc makes me happy again :) just need to get me a respec stone.
As for buffs :puke: last night I fought Frag (SB from Mid) a few times. First time he was unstealthed, I charged in dd dd stun hit for around 70 damage, again this time styled for around 90 damage, stun wears out he turns whack 250 damage main hand 50 damage off hand 60 dmg a tic poison, I swing evaded, he hits again 2xx dmg, i swing evaded, he hits 250, i cast IP heal for 950 hits, i dd again swing but its too much he kills me and is left with around 60% life left.
Next time we meet at amg, both stealthed, he PA's for 380 damage main, 50 damage off, 60 dmg poison, i stun dd dd (both resisted) swing for 50 dmg, stun wears out, swing again evaded he hits for 250 main 50 off, swing evaded, he hits again for 380 damage main 50 damage off and im dead, 3 hit kill ! hots has 1300 hits.
So I log in my up and coming buffbot, only lvl 29, buff up go out, meet him again at amg, he tries backstab this time hits for 200, I purge, dd dd stun get behind enrage for 100, sapphire for 150, enrage for 100, he turns hits me for 150, i sapphire for 150.... McDonald the merc came in right at the end and hit him to finish him off but I still had 50% life left and power for more dd's. Buffs are :puke:

R

ricky_latino

Originally posted by hotrat
No nerf can be as bad as see hidden,

to minterls... pfff

they shouldnt even have stealth... at all

D

Danya

Originally posted by rure
that sounds alot more reasonable.
Those are buffed numbers btw. I have a level 43.5 enhance cleric. Unbuffed I'm in the 150-200 range on SBs and tanks make me cry. :p

O

old.BJ|Bored

Originally posted by ricky_latino

to minterls... pfff

they shouldnt even have stealth... at all

well with sh minstrels dont have stealth ... at all

tbh take the stealth line away is fine with me, let us spec shield too so we can have 8sec dd stun and 9sec shield stun

(on diff timers/resists pls ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom