1.54: Undocumented archer nerfs (Third time!)

B

Belsameth

I actually feel sorry for your guys. and I can't help but wonder when they'll finally take the bat to the assasin classes out there. they've always been as overpowered as archers used to be

A

Arnor

yeah, thats right tesla, the irony of a SCOUT killing anyone.
more like the irony of tesla saying the irony of a scout killing anyone.

Shooo, make a hunter, then come back to cry

O

old.mattshanes

See hidden is the biggest bullshit ever started which mainly caused severe nerfing of archer classes as if assasin classes aren't overpowered enough,now archers are going to be prey just like casters.Such a sad thing seeing this to a class type that has worked so hard to get 50 then get bullshit like this:(

O

old.mattshanes

Future of daoc is just going to be 3 classes the way it's going.

S

stu

Originally posted by Arnor2

May I just say - FUCKING LOL

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by Arnor2

Congratulations on making yourself look like a dumbass

A

Arnor

hey, how was i supposed to know that?

I was framed! Framed i tell ye!

L

liste

well, he did it fairly well too, Gomi. some people require at least 10 lines of rant, or more than one post!

B

Blood

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
See hidden is the biggest bullshit ever started which mainly caused severe nerfing of archer classes as if assasin classes aren't overpowered enough,now archers are going to be prey just like casters.Such a sad thing seeing this to a class type that has worked so hard to get 50 then get bullshit like this:(

You have to realize just how bad it is when casters starts saying archers have been nerfed too much.

O

old.Mitsu

And the post where a paladin feels sorry for archers. :D :D

K

kr0n

"Did you like that arrow?"
"Then have another!"

That gives a tiny hint... Well... :)

Every decent player knows who Tesla is! Teh original Buffbottin melee huntah

N

Novamir

well all archer classes are currently horrendously overpowered and need nerfing""!!"£44

i mean look the higherst on our serves is eleasias!!2334 and hes ranger omfg nerf"!"35

T

Tesla Monkor

Actually, it's not three nerfs as I thought at first. It's FIVE nerfs in one patch. That's got to take some prize for the most non-mentioned changes in one patch.

- Increased miss-rate (to 17%)
- Increased Fumble-rate (to 22%)
- Increased drawtime (Added another 0.1s)
- Archers (Any bow users) now do a victory pose when they kill someone or shoot a grave. This pose 'roots' them for the duration it takes to play. You have no option of turning it off.
- Restealth times are now reset everytime you are hit with a debuff. (The ten secs you need to restealth after the last combat action.)

Mythic is on crack, and it's giving everyone else a really bad trip. Meanwhile they chug along and work on 1.55. Ain't the world an amazing place?

O

old.chesnor

Yeah, I must say that even though you fu**ing archers f**king screwed me over and made my life f**king miserable for ages because you were so blatantly overpowered, now Mythic have gone too far.

I really don't get it. Assassins are so uber now, and obviously that is where Mythic should be looking for nerfs. But they seem hellbent on making you even more shit than you are already.

A part of me goes MUHAHAHAWHAHAHAHAHA PAYBACK, but the sensible side says 'enough is enough, leave them alone fs!', even though they never used to leave me alone or cut me any slack....

Hmmm...

B

Blood

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
Actually, it's not three nerfs as I thought at first. It's FIVE nerfs in one patch. That's got to take some prize for the most non-mentioned changes in one patch.

- Increased miss-rate (to 17%)
- Increased Fumble-rate (to 22%)
- Increased drawtime (Added another 0.1s)
- Archers (Any bow users) now do a victory pose when they kill someone or shoot a grave. This pose 'roots' them for the duration it takes to play. You have no option of turning it off.
- Restealth times are now reset everytime you are hit with a debuff. (The ten secs you need to restealth after the last combat action.)

Mythic is on crack, and it's giving everyone else a really bad trip. Meanwhile they chug along and work on 1.55. Ain't the world an amazing place?

Amen!

Hope i can enjoy Blood a bit before he returns to retirement with 1.54

S

Shike

from a regular xpin-session at greenbarks at 43

line up critshot
u miss the shot
line up a shot
u miss the shot
line up a shot
u fumble the attack and take time to recover
line up the last shot
u hit for xxx damage

this happens often....

tell me, which other class would accept missrates like this on yellow mobs when it is as crucial as it is for archers to actually HIT the mobs before they get to you so we dont either die or loose a large amount of hitpoints after meleeing a yellow down?

i can answer that, nobody would accept it.

Archers have gone through loads of nerfs and this is just horrible, they nerf us even more now.

Hooray for Mythic, we are now the prey of Assassins, tanks, healing classes, musicians and what can we kill now? casters?

well, we cant use our crit (our primary attack) on casters due to BT, thats great, I want Magic immunity to the 1st attack a caster make on me! ;)

They want us to group more, well, ok, we group and shoot stuff, either we miss, fumble, or the shot gets blocked by some tank, and assassins evade our shots, hmm.

We can always move a bit away from the group and try and snipe some at that pesky caster to annoy him, whoops where did that infil come from, and why did I just loose 1/3 of my HP? and why cant i move, ok lets melee some, he evaded! opps i cant move! ouch ouch ouch healer cure poison please, meeeeeeeeedic!!!!
(yes i am a bit sarcastic here)

Life as an archer are a pain in the arse atm, I dont understand what mythic wants us to be, scouts? well sure, just wait 10 minutes so my camo is up, oh someone in the group got aggro, ok, 10 more minutes then i can scout.
Do they want us to be able to kill with the bow?? sure we can, if we didnt miss and fumble as much. Do they want us to melee more? sure, give us more HP's or better evade and we'll be ok.

PvE is bad for us, nobody wanna group us because we soak all mana from healers incase we get aggro and we dont do as much damage as casters, so we are doomed to soloing. Solo is ok, if the reward is worth it, a balanced solid character wouldnt be too bad at 50 as a reward i think.

Its sad that Mythic first nerfs Archers by giving see hidden to some classes, Its sad that instead of removing it and say, ok we made a mistake here guys we fix it, they give us camo that is so groupunfriendly its horrible, Its sad that the _only_ way an archer can survive an assassins attack is using RA's as purge and IP and even then its not certain that we can survive, Its sad that they give us a counterattack vs assassins in the form of True sight which is an active RA and on a really low duration, Its sad that when we do our primary attack on "weaker" targets as casters they BT it and QCsomething that mostly just is a disaster, if its not nearsight then its mez, if it aint mez its a root that interrupts us, A caster with Master of Concentration pulverizes any archer out there that dares attack him.

in 1.54
we cant kill tanks on same lvl due to higher blockingrate and higher parryrate if we are to melee a tank even if we have landed a few arrows at that lazy tank that didnt bother using engage while runnin to us.
we have troubles killing casters
we cant kill assassins, if we use TS and shoot off a critt that has a very good chanse of beeing evaded and then we have a angry STILL STEALTHED assassins runnin up to us evading our arrows and finally plant a nice PA+CD right in our face.
we can hardly kill healing classes (instaheals, good armors, good hitpoints and some nice stuns and mezzes)

how to make RP's?
leech? run in a zerg and shoot at everything u can while other fight, oh rejoice how fun, i would have made a tank if i wanted to run in zergs
Keepdefenses? well yeah, it works, for elfs and saracens and norsemen that actually can shoot from battlements without jumping to get the target in view. Oh did I mention that nearsight have 2200 range or something? totally neutralizes any archer and have better ranger than we do! hooray, gotta love casters.
Keeptakings? errr, guards dont give RP u know, and thats about all we can kill at a keeptake.
Soloing? sure delete all assassins first and we can solo after that in emain, or yeah i know, i can feed on greycons, greencons and bluecons in the homefrontiers! whoopi how nice, problem is, we have to kill zillions of them for it to be worth it and rest assured some assassins will hunt you down in a short while after you have killed that first poor lowbie.

I know a solution that many Archers use to gain better odds to actually do something and not die like a dog all the time, create a buffbot. Well, was that really what Mythic intented?

I whine like a baby here and yes I know I am exaggarating (sp?)
But fact is, I am not far from the truth.

What pisses me off is the fact that I started my ranger in 1.50 and knowing how hard archers have been hitted with mythics random nerfbat I thought, It cant get worse so ok, I will give it a try, now 1.54 is out and we get shafted....again..... will it ever stop? I doubt it, It seems as if Mythic just dont want people to play anything but Tanks, casters and assassins. I wont roll an assassin to have fun, I'll take my ranger to 50 and play until I just cant bare it anymore and then quit this shit. I thought mythic would start to listen to people, they didnt, Rangers Teamleader in US have brought up several issues that needs fixing, among them are the miss/fumblerate and what do Mythic do? Heeeey Rangers whine about misses and fumbles, lets hear how high they will scream now, smack!!!!!!!!! we increase it! ffs
:mad:

S

Shike

omg sorry for that huge post... wrote a bit more than I intended to, I'm just so bloody angry atm.... :mad:

W

Whoodoo_RD

Seems to me that rather than balance chars, Mythic are just keep adding to others, which once again makes it unballanced for another type and so on.

However with archers of all kind, they are getting a real rouhg ride from all this. I have to say my level 30 huntress just got camoflage, but with only points in stealth, its fook all good to anyone. I dont wanna hide more, I wanna see more too.

As for this miss rate, that blows goats. Yellow mobs, miss crit, your ok, miss once or twice more your toast. As for evade, more chance winning the lottery IMO.

BT fooks us on casters and their grps.
Missing fooks us on everything.
Evade foos us cause we dont.
Mythic fook us cause they bored.

G

Generic Poster

Posted on VNBoard
<bends over> I'm ready mythic.

:D

Nerf TrueSight. I hate going about my business and being poped full of arrows by some archer at clipping range :/

S

Slinker

Also the fact if you fumble once , it seems to set of a chain of fumbles , I've had them 3 times in a row on yellow cons before finally letting an arrow fly , which by then is too late of course .This is a pretty regular occurence now :(

line up a shot
you fumble the attack and take time to recover
line up a shot
line up a shot

ruuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnn

M

mid-sinister

Lmao, that poor guy on vnboards made a hunter on andred thinking "it will be ok, they wont get nerfed no more", then 1.54 comes along.

Ive been playing a scout on pvp server, and was seriously considering making one when its live, soon got bored though and decided to try enchanter since they appeared to be owning, and whats this? i can solo purple con tanks, and red con casters?
Screw that scout im making an enchanter, as much as i wouldnt like to since 30% of the server plays one, its the only way to really get anywhere, i dont want to be that level 30 tank getting screwed over by the level 23 enchanter who cons grey to me.

I used to love seeing casters about emain as a hunter, but i can imagine how it would be nowadays, you shoot at the enchanter, miss/hit, doesnt really matter, he wont die from it, pet starts nuking you or he quickcast stuns you and its all over, so no making an archer on pvp server to take advantage of all the chanters.

S

Sarnat

They should just remove all archer characters in the game so we'd get rid of their whining.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Hey nice post Sarnat, you seem like a real idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom