Zone Crash And What Roo Did Next...

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going to ramble a bit. Apologies in advance.

Well we went out for a little golf last night and it seems we overstretched the server.

The funny thing is I don't think there were more than 100 of us. There is something seriously wrong with Prydwen. Hope GOA can sort it because the epic level play that is the reason many of us prefer DAoC to Quake 3 is impossible at the moment.

Anyway, the slightly good news is that I'd informed GOA several days ahead of raid so that they could keep an eye on things more closely in case of a zone crash. Of course, we'd expected that zone to be Uppland, however it turned out to be Collory. Fingers crossed though, with the advance warning, GOA will be able to have gathered some extra logs or maybe gather additional info that helps solve the ongoing problems on this server.

Well here's some additional info about what's been going on.

For some days now we'd planned a relic raid for last night and I *think* we'd actually managed to get a large chunk of the realm on board for it. The previous night a lot changed with the Hib escapades. It's been a very strange 24 hours on Pryd.

Despite getting some toys on the previous night, many of us decided we'd still do some kind of raid. Lots of peeps bailed to play the safe game but what the hey. I don't want to play DAoC like the English play rugby: sit on the ball and shout how uber I am. I've never been like that. I like doing the occasional fun raid though you have to always be aware that things change and you have to react on the hoof. Well, did that in Mid when I played there enough so Mids at least will know what I'm talking about. Can't help thinking though that if everyone had come that had originally committed to raid the zone would have gone down even sooner. To be fair to Mids, they've always had a much more go-getem attitude, willing to take risks to shake things up for fun.

Tonight was the first time I led a proper raid in Alb, though have organised a few keep retakes at times and some little hunts.

Anyway, Mids spotted us the moment we were moving and then we got word on the way that Dagda was camped by 3FG Hibs with more arriving. Until Animists are nerfed no way was wasting everyone's time by just giving free RP at a relic keep. So we went to Scathaig and camped there for a little while and reports of growing numbers of Mids in Alb frontier popped up at times. Around 80 or so Hibs showed... zone went down. Could log back in, but not to zone and many others reported same problem. A bit of fun and frolicks once zone came back up but soon over. Around 200 peeps in area and lots of shrooms and zone goes down. Thanks to Ilum for being sticky guy so I could focus on spam.

And now something completely unrelated...

I used to play Mid/Pryd but a few months ago a combination of circumstances made me stop playing. Some were personal with real life issues that needed sorting and the time taken organising stuff in game was just taking up too much out of game time as well when I really needed some focus.

I'd not really fancied playing Alb but a friend talked me into getting another copy of DAoC so I thought why not, give Alb a go - the old account was closed so no hassle. Levelling from 1 wasn't too painful as I'd never played the realm before. Mid 20s joined Templars and happy playing as just a grunt in a roleplay guild. Dime a dozen pally happily one of the crowd. Nice to be able to do epic level PvE raids and actually feel useful on them for the first time ever. And a good time to play a pally also as most peeps buggering off to play half ogre mercs.
Pally also my first ever tank thats gone further than 24 though thats nothing to do with BG - my tanks I'd made and dropped long before we even got battlegrounds. Can see why people play them though, they are actually quite fun: 2 goals with mine - alchemy and treb user. Always having played weaklings in the past siege weapons were denied to me but as of last night and a few extra RA points got Lifter 2 and trebtastic megafun.

The only thing that really bothered me was the number of friends asking when I'm coming back and not really being able (or maybe willing, if I'm being honest) to be straight with them. Needed time to deal with real life things and really wasn't feeling very sociable. I despise people being dishonest and it made me feel quite small lying by omission to friends I'd known a long time. Its just a game but the people are real. I've said this countless times.

I'll show for realm warfare, butrarely if ever for the Emain penis contest which stays exactly the same day in day out. If you're looking for me, I'll likely be in Odins or Hadrians most of the time if I'm on the frontier - I patrol a lot solo which is really stupid as an unbuffed paladin but I'm working on my cabby too.

Peeps I used to play alongside, make no mistake, you are still my friends but I play for the team I'm on 100% with honour but no quarter asked or given and I absolutely will do my utmost to beat you... fairly. But its just a game.

I've taken a paladin to 50 (who doesn't!) but I think I'll always be a caster at heart when I play these types of games so I'm in the process of completely gimping a cabalist with a spec that peeps are screaming at me not to do ie I GOTTA (35 body, 41 matter, 3 spirit) :D

Only downside of playing Alb now is that my favourite DAoC joke I ever made up does not go down well at all here -
Q: How many Albs does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, they just whine until Mythic nerf darkness.

Group invites dried up for a while after that one :D

Who can say if I'll ever reactivate my Mid account. Might do to drop by and say hello but if I do, not for a long time yet. In a way this is down to GOA not providing a 3rd English server to allow us to try the 3rd realm on. I know GOA talk about Camlann but nobody buys it and nobody I think appreciates being told a PvP server is the 3rd English server when in reality we all know it bloody well isn't - its a different type of server that happens to be in English. It is *not* the same game experience that exists on the other servers and is not what most people want to play. Sorry, minor rant.

So aaaanyway. Enough rambling. I'll update my sig now. If you see me using the old FH account as Roo, I guess it means I'm back in Mid but if ever, thats a long way off. Got a whole new realm to explore and its been nice getting in touch with peeps that used to get free RP out of me :D

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Oro said:
I've taken a paladin to 50 (who doesn't!) but I think I'll always be a caster at heart when I play these types of games so I'm in the process of completely gimping a cabalist with a spec that peeps are screaming at me not to do ie I GOTTA (35 body, 41 matter, 3 spirit) :D

That was the initial spec of Bodyrot :] Plan was to fit the theurgs role in an melee group as a support caster, but it wasn't as good as a Theurgist really :)

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Not planning support. Planning MW3 in New Frontiers :)

Rustan

Fledgling Freddie
Damn it Roo :/ .. you know i hate albs .. this will give me a headache .. :p

anyway nice to see you are alive :) .. see you in HW perhaps .. and fear the Dark SM Dannii ;)

Necroscope

Fledgling Freddie
Omg how dissipointing...Hib sure but alb.. :eek6:

edit: damn wrong smiley...this was what I was looking for :puke: ;)

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Rusty, Templars stopped by Beno last night when Valour were having a crack. You got us the first time but the second time you were on lord and we managed to get you.

I was there making up the numbers being ineffectual as always :D

Rustan

Fledgling Freddie
Oro said:
Rusty, Templars stopped by Beno last night when Valour were having a crack. You got us the first time but the second time you were on lord and we managed to get you.

I was there making up the numbers being ineffectual as always :D

Aaah nice :D i was the lowbie warrior .. your lord kept healing and we had only 2 fighting it :) so I guess we were doomed.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
If I ever get to win a fight in this game. Roo I'm SO sure it's gonne be against you :p

Cerbie

One of Freddy's beloved
I will level my dark sm now for sure to 50 and I will soooooo enjoy the day I kill you :p

Meantime, I will mezz you a thousands times with cerbie :twak:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
good luck in albland

norse looks (and smells) abit like albs anyway :D

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Q: How many Albs does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, they just whine until Mythic nerf darkness.

that made me laugh btw :D

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
I was just commenting to Moth last night that I thought you probably were Roo :)

Albion welcomes careful drivers! Please keep Cotswold tidy! And have fun with your paladin and cabby.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Shaeffer said:
Once a gimp, always a gimp :D

<slaps Sheaffer around>

You told me I had to keep an eye on Oro .. but nooooo you didn't tell me who he was ... BAAD Shaeffer BAAAAD Shaeffer :)

And welcome Roo :)

Old Nicodemus

Loyal Freddie
<Looks up from his seat next to the fire in the retirement home and reaches for his staff>

Looks like there's some Whoop ass needing to be handed out.

<Pats his staff>

You know I'll be waiting for the stick fight invitation. ;)

kain

Fledgling Freddie
NO no no!

c'mon joining alb?

I could understand hib, alb has more than enough people for there zerg.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Was talking to Oro a few weeks ago and he asked me if I knew who he was. I think he was a bit put out when I guessed first time....

Stinko

Fledgling Freddie
Somehow I feel a bit ambivalent reading this.
On one hand I'm very happy Roo is playing again, but on the other hand I'm a bit disturbed he's not on Mid, but still on Prydwen.

Anyway, :clap: 's to you Roo
Wave when you see either Zhapa or Stinko, 'cause I won't be able to kill you :)

Salvion

One of Freddy's beloved
Damnit Roo/Oro...is this a alb tactic couse i will not be able to kill u if i see u....i really hate nice ppl on the wrong side of the fence ;)

Anyway nice to see u back :clap: and as cerbie said i am to gonna lvl my Dark SM witha vengence now :flame:

Shaeffer

Dear Little Mite
Shanaia said:
<slaps Sheaffer around>

You told me I had to keep an eye on Oro .. but nooooo you didn't tell me who he was ... BAAD Shaeffer BAAAAD Shaeffer :)

And welcome Roo :)

sometimes its great being me.

course now youve got to figure out which hib i am :p

or am i joking?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Muwhaahha i can torment you a lot now Roo with chodax!you shall not escape! :touch:

Good to have you back ingame. :p

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Muwhaahha i can torment you a lot now Roo with chodax!you shall not escape! :touch:

<sigh> Call that a MUHAHA?

Deary me. Hopefully I'm not too late. Left pinky at corner of mouth is optional but stand up straight. No, straight, Look the half ogre stance may work for the chicks but it don't impress me. Much better. Now, stand straight, reach back, assert yourself.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA(TM)

Much better. We'll make a gimp of you yet. Oops too late :D

Buliwyf

Fledgling Freddie
I'll be looking for ya out there!

<evil grin>

No hehe j/k .. nice to hear you are back. To bad it has to be in alb tho :\"
Never the less .. wb m8 :clap:

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
But, but....this cant be...the albs are evil, whiners, zergers, borg and they assimilated Roo into a tincan?!?! :p

Oh well...what dosnt kill you make you stronger so lets hope you being a tea-drinker leads to something good. :D

Welcome back Roo - hope you find a Raumarik over there too. :clap:

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Maaan, Roo!

You could have joined KN. Thats almost as bad as playing Alb and we are ALL gimped. (Latest example: Warrior spec'ing 50 sword, 50 axe or a Zerk with 50 Sword, 50 parry) Instead you delete that cute SM wich most people had so deep feelings for - from wichever realm they be.

PS: Since you're Alb now Midgard might need another kind of leadertype. Dont think Belofyrn and Durgi can control the horde on their own. You could give me some lessons or something and I'd get my most gimped char to do the job. (Bonedancer - 41 army, 25 dark, 24 supp)

Cookie

Fledgling Freddie
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D
I always felt the dark side was strong in you! Good luck on the other side!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom