Zombies...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't really pay much attention to what they promised. The lobby system was buggy as hell at first but got better. I got wayyyyyy more than 30 quids worth from the first game, so I'm not worried about paying again for the second.

One of the Valve chaps has said "trust us a little bit" so I guess I'll wait and see what happens. Valve are usually pretty decent so I'm not ready to write them off yet.

mank!

Part of the furniture
agreed. i had endless fun playing it despite the obvious flaws, hopefully valve have learnt their lesson this time. i've got a lot of faith in them and will no doubt be like a kid at christmas come release time

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Out of interest, what flaws? I remember being pissed off with the lobby/quick find system but that got sorted after a while.

mank!

Part of the furniture
honestly, i can't recall them off the top of my head - there were lots of small and irritating bugs though. one of the most annoying was the teamswitch though, especially when playing with friends

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Ah yes, I've had that one happen once or twice. Never enough for it to become a major annoyance for me though but I expect others have had it happen more frequently.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Teamswitch and the tweaks to the smoker/boomer in the first patch or two two that made it impossible to snag or boom anyone. Lobby still needs improvement imho, however it's still an epically fun game.

Nate

FH is my second home
What I want to know is, wheres my fucking Half-Life Episode 3 !?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! !! !??! ! FUCK ZOMBIES I WANT GORDON BACK!!!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Teamswitch and the tweaks to the smoker/boomer in the first patch or two two that made it impossible to snag or boom anyone.

Hmm, it's difficult to snag/boom but certainly not impossible. I guess it depends on who you're playing with. This is a game that can be total shit or absolutely fantastic depending on who's playing. I've not played in a public game for absolutely ages, either 8 steam friends or 4 of us vs pubs. Going for a completely random game would be total shit now, I imagine.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
My bad, I didn't quote. I just meant that those were annoyances back in the day.

Public is ok still, no different than CS in that people are quitters when they're not winning.

mank!

Part of the furniture
i think you played with me in some organised games didn't you meg? it's the only way to enjoy l4d imo.

i didn't much like survivor mode and have barely played it since the patch. i'm looking forward to l4d2 in the respect that it'll resurrect the interest in it

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I did. Don't get me wrong, it's way better when you play with peeps you know. Played some today with [SG]Horus and it was a blast.

Nate

FH is my second home
You know, I've got an idea that they are going to bring out a new Orange Box. But it might be a different colour ;o

HL2: Episode 3
L4D 2
Portal 2

What colour could it be!?!

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Not sure if anyone has posted this already but if you open up your console view and type in 'openserverbrowser' you can see games already in progress although to be honest, I prefer to start a game from the lobby anyway. There isn't really any way to stop people from leaving sadly, that's why I only really play with a group of 8 people that I know nowadays...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom