Zombies, Ghosts and Necromancers Quest (Necro help)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I did this earlier tonight with my 49 Necromancer. I was told by several passing necro's that killing the Necromancer's Apprentice was near impossible for a solo necro because of his spellcasting and the added problems of the area where he is being full of level 50-56 drakoran.

It took me 3 attempts to down him, the first two attempts I failed miserably until I changed my tactics to the following:

The Necromancer's Apprentice is inside the middle building SW of Fort Gwyntell and across the bridge. Drakoran Guardsmen patrol the area around the building and will at times even walk through it. The Necromancer's Apprentice paces back and forth inside this building and you're only able to cast on him from outside the building for a moment. The instant he's aggro'd he'll start casting a 1500 range lifetap on your pet that does 15-20% damage on a level 43 Abomination so it's fairly powerful.

How to kill him
1. Kill any Draks on front of the building, last thing you need is an add.
2. Stick your pet on passive, move close(ish) to the building and cast your single target 50% focus snare on him, it may take a few attempts as he wanders around out of sight a lot :( The instant the snare lands he'll start lifetapping your pet so get onto step 3 ..
3. Once you've got him run away towards the river with your pet in tow. At the river cast a heal on the pet and MCL (if you have it). Then stick your pet on STAY- this is important as you want the pet out of his cast range for as long as possible.
4. Run back towards the Necromancer's Apprentice (sprint if you have end) he should by now be halfway or so towards you, as you reach him tell your pet to follow (it'll sprint after you and close the distance fast).
5. Lifetap his arse off and get that pet onto defensive mode, he should go down fairly quickly and since your meleeing him he can't cast lifetap.

He's actually a fairly easy mob to kill if you can get into melee range, the problem is that he will lifetap you forever until your mashing on him regardless of you getting spells off at him - he just seems to ignore them and keeps lifetapping. Since you've pull him away from the buildings you shouldn't have to worry about him calling for help and if your solo he'll come alone. Hope this helps he was only level 46 once I managed to get a powertap into his thick hide :twak:

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
When you attack this mob he will agro every mob in the area (around 16 orange con to 50 Draks will be on you)
Your best bet is to ask for help, I helped hargard do this quest by my friar agroing the mob and training him, the armsman then easyly soloed him while i ran like hell with lots of mobs chasing me

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
No he doesn't, I've soloed it a fair few times and he didn't add at all.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
If you're solo you'll get him on his own but he does call for help and is social so if your grouped of he calls when draks are near you'll get a ton of them. I had that problem when doing this with my Minstrel and 3 friends :)

It was one of those *I just shat a brick moments*

Brannor McThife

Fledgling Freddie
I did the quest solo. ;)
And it was just you outfit that had all the Draks come running Bubble.
:eek2:

:D

-G

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
He's one seriously nasty mob, can't believe he has the cheek to be yellow con :)

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
It took me 11 attempts i think with my necro. :mad:

It would be a lot easier if u could just get the pet in the building.
If i remeber correctly i did it in more or less the same fashion as kami in the end

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
myself and a cleric friend done him v easy . pulled adds . then ran in and beat him down . had a cple of adds but they were just pops in the house area... i would of done him easy if i were solo ..

if anybody is doing this quest for the exp to ding 50 i advise against it cos the exp sucks big time for this quest :(

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
The XP and reward are awful for the effort involved and a bit risky if your close to 50. So many better quests in SI that I'd leave it unless your bored. The Caldey "malevolent creatures" quest is far better and most Necro's should have good faction in Little Haven ;)

xoboll

Fledgling Freddie
hate that quest.. tried it many times with casters and died evrytime. mellee classes alwys beat him

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
I had almost done this quest with my lvl 43 sorc (he was conning orange, the draks that patrol red) and a lvl 42 charmed avalonian apparition. I had buffed myself and the pet with lvl 24 bg buffbot buffs. I had send the avalonian apparition to the necromancer apprentice but 2 more (red con) draks aggro'ed. I hadn't mezzed them first cause I knew that I couldn't beat the necro in the 20-30 seconds that the mezz lasts, and after that I would have a bigger problem cause the draks would aggro me. So I let my pet melee the necro with 2 more red cons on him, saw my pet's health going down quickly but the necro was on low health also. I was spamming lifetap but most of them got resisted. At the end, the 2 red con draks and the orange necro had killed my pet with the necro on 20% health, I had to run cause they came after me...

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Do it much easier with my reaver than my arms. It's a tough mob in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom