Zerker or Savage

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
[NO]Magmatic said:
Ok, after hearing that Celerity does change style dmg...

It adjusts style damage-per-hit, because you're hitting faster, but the base damage-per-hit is unchanged with Celerity. Given the way LA works, my Zerk has a 2.9 speed offhand and 4.2 speed mainhand weapon for most situations - but if I have Celerity available in my group, I'll switch to a pair of 4.2 speed weapons (Arcanium Stone Bone Slicer and Arcanium Stone Bone Cutter, in fact) for maximum damage output. A Troll Zerk with paired 4.2 speed weapons and Celerity = total carnage.

...I was first planning on going with 2H zerkers, but with celerity change style-dmg, whats the point...

Well for starters, most of the tme you'll do more damage over time with Left Axe styles (especially the rear chain) than 2H anyway. 2H only out-damages LA when in Frenzy mode, and while Frenzy is great fun, currently that's only 20 seconds every 7 minutes.

A savage does more damage then a zerker, but not as consistant and I personally feel a zerker is better off with NF...

Yes, Savages are capable of huge damage but also of huge wiffing streaks or streaks of singles; the Zerk is vastly more consistent and reliable in its damage output. I actually more-or-less shelved my Savage in favour of my Zerk for precisely that reason.

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Ralgedi Smurf said:
Gl with the mid project, but keep playing your alb chars sometimes :)

What are your ingame names on mid going to be?
Not sure yet, we're still 2 weeks off before we start (need some 'realm dings' on albion so we can say we've 'finished' it ;))... We'll let 'everyone' know ;)

And belomar, we're aware that we wont be able to do all of the ML's on our own, but... The group can still work in the meantime, we'd be far from gimped... And if we are, we can always play our albs till ML-raids are announced / planned ;)

I expect a few ML raids to come up, wonder what the minimum level is of them all... Oohwell, back on topic... Which 2 tanks !

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Sounds very optimistic to me. Besides, I'm pretty sure many ML encounters simply can't be done with a single group, and that you need to wait for the rest of the realm to organize an ML raid (4.2 springs to mind).
use your expirience, make a plan, make prequests, announce a raid, lead the raid, u'll get enough ppl im sure.
Definitely u won't do anything but leading the raid, u could even provide another guy to be a looter, so u dont need to waste time for lotto. However u'd be able to claim whatever you want (if declared before raid) as you are raid mastah ^^

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
once again, if you are stuck to that formal schema then you should use warrior bm + zerker banelord (looking toward NF where sava would be almost useless).
Keep in mind - zerker dmg output ~= savage dmg output nowadays.

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
I don't think it's too bad, from what I understand, Mid/Prydwen is a bit weak at the moment

Last week RP (alb)12,845,544 (33%) - (hib) 12,157,288 (31%) - (mid)13,808,403 (36%)

:eek:

sorry for going off topic, LA zerkers are much better in the long run imo, with NF coming as already stated, lack of charge will hurt savages a lot

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
well from what i can tell from this post it seems the best idea wuld be to go 2 la zerks with battler and malice in hand (4.1spd?) as we will be gettting the top celerity with aug healer. however afaik they lack stun styles with which a warrior or savage may come in handy.

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
nuky said:
Last week RP (alb)12,845,544 (33%) - (hib) 12,157,288 (31%) - (mid)13,808,403 (36%)

:eek:

sorry for going off topic, LA zerkers are much better in the long run imo, with NF coming as already stated, lack of charge will hurt savages a lot
Like going off-topic doesnt happen in this thread ;)

I already suspected that Mid/Pry was on top or near top, as it has been since the start of that server... Wouldnt be supprised if the number of mids playing is higher then alb / hib too... We'll just stay on Excal thank you very much... More warder's for teh winz !

Anyways, looks like we're going with LA-zerkers then, *might* take 1 warrior 1 zerker, will have to discuss this a bit, dmg output will be hurt a bit, but utility will go up a bit (I'll check some ra's ) ...

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
oh and 2la zerks in vendo mode and 44 lvl celerity has to fucking own :D
zerker in vendo is the easiest target to kill. Slam, grapple or whatever. Think twice before using it. When i play my zerker i dont use berserk mode w/o purge and IP/AP2 ready unless it's realy necessary and/or i have stun immunity/dont see any stunner around.

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
oh and 2la zerks in vendo mode and 44 lvl celerity has to fucking own :D
Yes, they do.

I remember once we were on DR.
And our zerk - Serzik, repeatedly got dragon's aggro. He said lately that his axes were not even 100% con.
Two warriors were taunting the dragon, but rr9 zerk >> two medium-rr warriors :)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Warlock said:
Yes, they do.

I remember once we were on DR.
And our zerk - Serzik, repeatedly got dragon's aggro. He said lately that his axes were not even 100% con.
Two warriors were taunting the dragon, but rr9 zerk >> two medium-rr warriors :)

yeah and if you can do that with just doublefrost, imagine what a zerk that uses real styles can do!

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
yeah and if you can do that with just doublefrost, imagine what a zerk that uses real styles can do!
It happened after 1.62.
He used positional styles.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
[NO]Magmatic said:
One of our healers will be 44 aug, losing spreadheal isnt worth the small increase in run speed... And 147% with End-5 should still be sufficient...

44 aug healer?? gimp!! :p

My healer is 44 aug, worked fine before TOA in guild groups (and on the aforementioned Dragon Raid), hope it will in future too ^^

PS: I don't have a 50 zerker, but isn't pos back style or follow-up with Stun effect? Cba to look it up :p

ruudoniac

Fledgling Freddie
Aerendur said:
If you are considering a warrior for his shield. Why not look at a Thane? They get shields, and also nice casting (interrupts etc).. A warrior wouldnt be the dmg dealer anyway, Thane might be more utility! (difference between medium shield or large isnt that big seeing how if your hit by 3 or more the shield wont do much anyway!)

Hmmm - correct if i am wrong but i think that thanes dont have det - if so i dont think that a "sleeping" tank has more utility than a "non sleeping" one .
So i vote far warrior :worthy:

ruudoniac

Fledgling Freddie
Givf a warlord :D - Have u considered that non solo skalds should be warlords instead of sojourners ?

I am a healer and believe me that having 3 pets on u all the time not only prevents u from healing but a grp member has to come and givf u a hand so u are actually fighting 6vs8 - imo it would be better if all skalds had been warlords - a "click" and teh healers heal and the tanks hit and the battle is won ;)

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
i'm looking forward to the change - hope lots of people in mid will give us a hand to get going :D

after 2+ years in albion i just feel i need a change

Calo

Part of the furniture
Fedaykin said:
i'm looking forward to the change - hope lots of people in mid will give us a hand to get going :D

after 2+ years in albion i just feel i need a change

there are ALOT of nice ppl in midgard (altho they dont play hardcore rvr they will just help u nicely).

anyway take a warri for toa farming etc :p

btw dont be scared of those big trolls, they are actually quite friendly :cheers:

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
ruudoniac said:
Givf a warlord :D - Have u considered that non solo skalds should be warlords instead of sojourners ?

I am a healer and believe me that having 3 pets on u all the time not only prevents u from healing but a grp member has to come and givf u a hand so u are actually fighting 6vs8 - imo it would be better if all skalds had been warlords - a "click" and teh healers heal and the tanks hit and the battle is won ;)

Or get MoC ;)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Klonk said:
but isn't pos back style or follow-up with Stun effect? Cba to look it up :p

zerks dont get positional stuns :p only one that stuns is evade reactionary follow-up :)

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
After fighting Blazor I wish I had equipped zerk instead of savage. On the other hand, savage aint done yet so havent tested it fully, might kick that skinny doorfs ass anyways (as I always do with the thane...sry Blazor but had to rub it in some more) :D

well it's atleast nice that u switched last name on the thane :p

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
ruudoniac said:
Hmmm - correct if i am wrong but i think that thanes dont have det - if so i dont think that a "sleeping" tank has more utility than a "non sleeping" one .
So i vote far warrior :worthy:

if im correct thanes get a acces to nerfed version of det in NF, but still warriors still get storcisme.

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Actually they all get Stoicism(-25%), but warrior gets det :p So 25%+det on a warr and 25% on a thane.

And yes, the future for warriors looks a bit gloomy now when bodyguard is available to all tank classes. So there shall be a day when some new fotm group setup is found with bodyguarding offensive tanks or some casters, when unneeded shield will be traded for additional offence, and warrior gets the shaft =\

It will all depend on NF RAs i guess.

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, if played right :D

... and if the grp knows how to play with one :p

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Mavl said:
Actually they all get Stoicism(-25%), but warrior gets det :p So 25%+det on a warr and 25% on a thane.

you got it the wrong way.

current det tanks get stoicism and all tanks (including hybrids) get access to det. hybrids dont get stoicism.

so 25%+det on warr but 0%+det on thane :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom