Zerker or Savage

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, after hearing that Celerity does change style dmg (duh, I was sure I read that it shouldnt/didnt), my plans for world domination with 2h-troll zerkers was squashed ;)

So up to the next question, we're planning on building up a rvr group:

2x SM
2x Tanks
3x Healer
1x Shaman

Its pretty much the group we want to run with, but as you see, the tanks have no classes yet... As said, I was first planning on going with 2H zerkers, but with celerity change style-dmg, whats the point... So, my question would be, what would be best...

2x (LA) Zerker / 2x Savage / 1x Zerker & 1x Savage / 1x Warrior & 1x Savage / 1x Warrior & 1x Zerker / 2x Warrior?

We're looking into a balance between damage and utility... And also looking at the NF ra's that they get... I mean the damage of a warrior obviously doesnt compare to zerker/savage (or groups would run with them ;)), but they do get some nifty RA's in NF... A savage does more damage then a zerker, but not as consistant and I personally feel a zerker is better off with NF...

So discuss ! :)

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
1 warrior BM ML8
and 1 zerker Banelord

Savage would get f00cked in NF while all the other light tanks will get charge RA, DR will be removed as well == almost no use.

PS. I've been watching ur old movie where u r playing ur merc == better stick to caster class :p

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
Feck, wrote a long and informative post, and pressed refresh by mistake :(....

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
PS. I've been watching ur old movie where u r playing ur merc == better stick to caster class :p
ahhh wrong, wasnt u - nvm then ^^ - cant edit :(

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno, maybe savage and zerker.. but still..

Don't change to mid, there's too few good alb groups about.. you might even be the best why go fotm easy mode suddenly? :(

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Wow, you about to delete 6+ mil RPs just to become FotM, Magmatic? :eek7: I am no Mid expert, but in regard to the question at hand, I'd say you want one of the tanks to be a warrior for guard and bodyguard, and the other a light tank. Zerkers will get more utility in NF, but Savages are still a sexy class. ;)

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
well warrior is must in mid group cos zerker can obviously use only small shields and savage cannot use any ;)

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
Savages can use small shields too, but, as zerks, can't spec it :p
all vickings from lvl1 till 5 can use small shield but once vicking became a savage he cannot equip it anymore. However you could keep ur training shield on ;)

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
After fighting Blazor I wish I had equipped zerk instead of savage. On the other hand, savage aint done yet so havent tested it fully, might kick that skinny doorfs ass anyways (as I always do with the thane...sry Blazor but had to rub it in some more) :D

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Wow, you about to delete 6+ mil RPs just to become FotM, Magmatic? :eek7: I am no Mid expert, but in regard to the question at hand, I'd say you want one of the tanks to be a warrior for guard and bodyguard, and the other a light tank. Zerkers will get more utility in NF, but Savages are still a sexy class. ;)
We wont delete, but there's a big change we will get 2nd accounts and play Mid/Excal... We wont sell either (no 'fake' magmatic running around)... But watching all those 'clueless' warders standing at amg/mmg/running around, you just feel your pbaoe finger itching...

Both tanks will be battlemaster btw, BG is too good to give up in this group...

But is 'guard' really worth it, I mean, once you have BG, what really is the point of 'guard' ?

As for 'why go easy mode', why after 9 realm ranks (or well, nearly, 100k away)(and also several RR6 alts), and several other members either rr9 or rr10 too, shouldnt we get a 'break' from hard(er) mode ;) We for once like to use insta-mez, stun, have 4 heal-chars (2 spread healers), have a farting shaman, 2 bg's, end regen, all resist buffs at or above 16%, etc, etc, etc...

I said this on our forum too, I feel that I've seen what Albion has to offer, and I dont see another MMORPG comming within the next 6 months... So I fancied a change... (and apparently, half the guild did too due to the large amount of intrest shown on our forum)

Thought about prydwen, but the lower population in general, but the higher mid population kind of stopped that idea... Thought about a french/german server, but the langauge is stopping us there... So leaves 1 option, thats re-roll on mid/exc... Wont happen for another 2-3 weeks though, Sunwolf needs to ding RR10, I need to ding RR9, Fedaykin needs to ding RR9, Subedai needs to ding RR8... After that, I feel we have 'earned' a break from hard(er) mode ;)

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
3 healers - soj
shaman - perf
zerk - banelord
warr - bm
savage/skald - warlord/soj
sm - conv

that's what i'd do ;p

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
If you are considering a warrior for his shield. Why not look at a Thane? They get shields, and also nice casting (interrupts etc).. A warrior wouldnt be the dmg dealer anyway, Thane might be more utility! (difference between medium shield or large isnt that big seeing how if your hit by 3 or more the shield wont do much anyway!)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Aerendur said:
If you are considering a warrior for his shield. Why not look at a Thane? They get shields, and also nice casting (interrupts etc).. A warrior wouldnt be the dmg dealer anyway, Thane might be more utility! (difference between medium shield or large isnt that big seeing how if your hit by 3 or more the shield wont do much anyway!)

difference between det and no det is huge.

Brylle Madness

Fledgling Freddie
Imo

2x zerkers (LA) one BM and one Banelord (zone of unmana!!!)

3x healers (who didnt see that coming?) 2 perfectors 1 sojourner

2x sm's (stormlord, convoker)

1x shaman (convoker)

Perfect :cheers:

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
convoker shaman? so he can summon you lots of wood or something?

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
we want 2 sms :D and definately 3 soj healers 1 perf shaman - all we want to know is what tanks to use :D

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
You need warriors god damnit!!

<zZzZzZ>

Your full group are heading from mmg->amg .. you can see the Albion Mile Gates open just as you get there, suddenly you see a large ugly fecking Firbolg.. but wait! it's more! Your group are rushing up to amg and you can hear the sweeet sound of 4 slams and right after 2 grapples from your two warriors. And suddenly a red swoooosch .. and those ugly hibs are facing the dirt.

<wakes up>

warrior lfg for emain group!! :eek7:

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
all we want to know is what tanks to use :D
One of the tanks definitely must be the warrior.
As for second tank, you have a variety of choices.
If one of healers is 45+ aug, then you can run with zerk/sava/second warrior.
If you dont have aug healer with last aug speed, then you can think about choosing the skald as second tank.
Speed 5+ is a must have.

Dedaith

Fledgling Freddie
Well if you want 3 healers and 2 sm's, maybe try this:

Warrior - Battlemaster
Skald - Sojourner
SM - Convoker
SM - Stormlord
Healer - Pac/Mend - Sojourner
Healer - Mend/Pac - Sojourner
Healer - Mend/Aug - Perfecter
Shaman - Aug/Cave - Perfecter

Could replace skald with Zerk or Sav for more damage but thats the sm's job imo :p

- English -

Resident Freddy
Warlock said:
One of the tanks definitely must be the warrior.
As for second tank, you have a variety of choices.
If one of healers is 45+ aug, then you can run with zerk/sava/second warrior.

it is :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
[NO]Magmatic said:
Thought about prydwen, but the lower population in general, but the higher mid population kind of stopped that idea...
I don't think it's too bad, from what I understand, Mid/Prydwen is a bit weak at the moment (not many RvR guilds active) and could need help. Alb/Prydwen is stronger and probably not as well-populated as Alb/Excal, and includes some really strong RvR guilds.
Thought about a french/german server, but the langauge is stopping us there...;)
Yes, tell me about it. I've tried a German server, but it just feels so backward. :(

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Will take a few months for you after you hit 50 to take ML8+ .. since you can't PL your way threw ML's. :p

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Urme the Legend said:
Will take a few months for you after you hit 50 to take ML8+ .. since you can't PL your way threw ML's. :p
not realy, grp with 2 sms would reach required lvl for MLs (lvl40?) in a few days. Equipment is not realy necessary but staves for SMs and shield for warrior.

then they could start doing MLs using their expirience from alb. 1ML/day is still possible rhythm.

so lvl50 and ml8 + some easy_to_get arts in 2 weeks (palying 4-6 hours a day)

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Gl with the mid project, but keep playing your alb chars sometimes :)

What are your ingame names on mid going to be?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Summoner said:
so lvl50 and ml8 + some easy_to_get arts in 2 weeks (palying 4-6 hours a day)
Sounds very optimistic to me. Besides, I'm pretty sure many ML encounters simply can't be done with a single group, and that you need to wait for the rest of the realm to organize an ML raid (4.2 springs to mind).

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Well, before we do the move, I want to either buy a ML5-perfector or have access to one... So if anyone has a buff-bot he/she isnt using, and its ML5-perfector ;) (I know, against CoC etc, bla bla bla, but it'll help us level a lot)

Idea would be to start with ML's as soon as possible, and get arti's asap too... We'll start working out which arti's we'll need, and get them as soon as we can... I know how most ML's work, and I'm pretty sure we can do several of the steps (and perhaps some even completely) without outside help...

One of our healers will be 44 aug, losing spreadheal isnt worth the small increase in run speed... And 147% with End-5 should still be sufficient...

But, still need to make sure which group setup to run ;) Or to be more precise, which tanks... As the setup itself (besides the tanks) is pretty much set in stone...

Already read a leveling guide, with good/fast level spots, which should get us to 50 in 2-3d played... (3d if we're slow) And thats without FoP, which I kind of want before we start this all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom