Zerker or Savage

gnafse

Fledgling Freddie
bit off topic but i need to get it off my mind. Always wanted to suggest this to anyone starting "from scratch" on mid.

All healers, shammie and sm's should be frostalfs and both tanks should be trolls. That would be sooo kewl ;o (imo change the zerkers for Frostalf thanes too)

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
you got it the wrong way.

current det tanks get stoicism and all tanks (including hybrids) get access to det. hybrids dont get stoicism.

so 25%+det on warr but 0%+det on thane :p

Erm yeah, thats what i meant >.<

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
I still think you should go with one offensive Zerker/Warrior and one Thane. Not only because Im playing one, but also for their new RA Static Tempest. A three second pulsing stun, meaning purge or even druids group purge will only work once or twice, but never enough!

Besides that he'll be defending healers, slamming those coming near and casting (interrupting) during all this. He could be replacement for a third caster as well. If you really wanna keep more tanks.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Static Tempest is bugged to hell, it's effected by deter and gives stun immunity after 1st tick.

Unless it's going to be fixed.

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
even if they remove determination completely still warrior >> thane in non zerg rvr
higher dex, higher mob (since cheap purge/ip etc), higher shield spec, higher weaponskill, more hitpoints and so on, all this make a lot of the difference
what does thane have over warrior? hammers of doom to leech rps when camping amg? ^^

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
warrior + zerker, both are fine after nf, where svgs get screwed.

or go with 1 warrior bm (edited soz :X) and get carver runie for cold debuff - ns - pbt just an idea:p

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
rc runie doesnt have pbt/ns fyi unless it's 35 rc 40 supp runnie which looks gimped to bones...

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
Static Tempest is bugged to hell, it's effected by deter and gives stun immunity after 1st tick.

Unless it's going to be fixed.

Current ST- yep.

Its fixed on pendragon, is working and seem to be worthwhile. So in NF many thanes will go that route... Its no UBAH or anything but a 3 sec stun for each 6 sec, with a decent radius. Stuns on first pulse, and is NOT affected by det/resists in current form... You can purge that 3 sec stun if you feel like it:)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
rc runie doesnt have pbt/ns fyi unless it's 35 rc 40 supp runnie which looks gimped to bones...

true, my bad 48rc/24d for the win.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
How about bm zerker and warlord savage then maybe? Savage for warlord ability to scare pets away. Savage got rear stun too, and well....stun on second side positonal style. But not having zone of unmana could be a bitch. Ditch a healer and get a warlord skald instead:-P

Cuteypie

Fledgling Freddie
Gotto get this 1 in :p

This is imo teh setup for NF when u are mid.

3 healers /soj
1 shaman /perf
1 bonedancer /banelord (2x 4s interrupts + tendrils 700 range pbae interrupts + baod + all other wubbly stuff they get in NF)
1 sm /con

And teh trixxy part either 2x lighttanks with bodyguard or warrior/lighttank not rly sure but the most important is that i dont think shamans will have time to permainterrupt when buffshearing comes since the AE is GT and 150 radius only. So use bd for interupting, lighttanks to deal with dmg when baod is up for other and sm/bd to deal with dmg when bof is up. And bd with 3 diff instas which interrupt + pet should prolly help you alot.

Whatever u choose gl and pm ingame if u wanna know anything.

Evina|Andy

Fledgling Freddie
Is prety much the group setup we run atm (except that not all have all MLs done) and works quite well. When all 3 healers will have FZ we should be able beat fotm pbaoe groups from hibbes :p
And when their BAOD is up, all will become minor healings and BG switches.
If you also take a good look at the new RA system, most class / active RAs are oriented to diminish / nullify at an extend the melee damage. BAOD is only strong counter to magic damage. And BDs look really strong class for NF with alure of death and rest of RAs available to them (as you allready mentioned some). Being 90% immune to CC, 100% immune to nearsight, no need for moc (any level of it) leaves more points for BD to spend to maximize dmg / crits and get good RAs for group.

poky

Fledgling Freddie
Since you will run with 2 SMs, you will only have access to two determination tanks at most, which gives you a slightly bad survivability when losing mez, thus going for a BGing hybrid (aka thane) might not be to bad.. however thanes do have a hell to get their templates, since they are in need of both caster and melee bonuses..

A more comon setup would be 1 war 1 sav I guess, and for all I know this might be the best setup for a 2 SM group.. it sure beats 1 war 1 zerk in .68 atleast..

Another thing to consider is going 1 sm 1 rm for increased speed and small/big debuffnuking (depending on dark vs runecarve spec).

Anyway NO welcome to mid ;)

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
friendly bump

IMO, let your healers, sham and SMs be frostalves,
and let warr and zerk be norsemen.
Thus all members of your group will be aprox the same shape and height.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
May I remind you Mid tanks get free 2H so a zerk with 50 Axe/Sword 50 Left Axe can still grab out his two-hander if he wants to.

And to be honest I would get a Banelord. Surely 2x Bodyguard is cool but abilities like Agony Transmission, Zone of Unmana, Snaring Tendrils and Banespike (straight dps buff!) are very good to have on an offensive tank (that leaves berserker; since savage cant get that AFAIK).

I would go berserker just for Banelord. Savage if you really want a 2nd bodyguard but a good warrior can BG 1 PB'er and guard a 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom