Zerging, Adding, Stealth Zerging, ect.. & People complaing about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calo said:
Who fucking cares what you like to roleplay (yes being honourable and shit is roleplaying in a fucking game.)
Sure if you ask it kindly Ill let people do their 1vs1 thing but the moment they act greedy or just sad (like you do) i will happely ruin their 1vs1 (which will improve mine because killing people is one of the reasons i play this game).

and yes like it or not, this game is Realm versus realm and the majority likes that, its a minority who likes your "Hi, lets all wait in a que so we can do fair an honourable 1vs1 all day long!!"

haha, you realize how stupid that makes you look?

Anyone with a brain can easily figure out that daoc have attracted alot of diff ppl. Its both a small scale rvr game and a large scale rvr game, neither excludes the other. What your saying is that its perfectly reasonable too kill some1 8:1 16:1 all day long and still have a rewarding and enjoyable game.
And you couldn't know less what the mayority of the people think or do not thinks so don't even go there.

What a garbadge post you just made calo, haha.
"i will happely ruin their 1vs1 (which will improve mine because killing people is one of the reasons i play this game)." Uhm, that sounds like something extracted from a kids playground, same egostic childish logic. Grow up!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
its all the usual fucktards that bang on about "its realm v realm mates" well newsflash, the game is dying, why oh why do you feel the need to ruin it even further for many of us who do still play for the challenge of good equal fights rather than crappy zerging/adding just so you can get those extra 100 rps. not as if those few RPs are going to make much of a difference to you anyway, another interesting point is most of the addnoobs are low RR and have been for ages, if RPs are that important to you try getting near 1k a kill (god forbid you solo something)

Ferengi

Fledgling Freddie
hehe i wouldnt mind letting peeps do their little 1vs1 and 8vs8 games however when i go to frontier to lvl artifacts with my buffbot, get mezzed get styled etc by fg of hibs or whatever thats just damn sad imo. Goes to exactly the same reasoning.
Whenever that happens it makes me wanna bring out another char and join gankgrps and do exactly the same to others.
I knowits got nothing to do with it but Imagine everyone did so Rl, thats called anarchy.. wouldnt that be something

Calo

Part of the furniture
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
haha, you realize how stupid that makes you look?

Anyone with a brain can easily figure out that daoc have attracted alot of diff ppl. Its both a small scale rvr game and a large scale rvr game, neither excludes the other. What your saying is that its perfectly reasonable too kill some1 8:1 16:1 all day long and still have a rewarding and enjoyable game.
And you couldn't know less what the mayority of the people think or do not thinks so don't even go there.

I know many kind of diff ppl have been attracted to daoc, i didn't say it is a rewarding and enjoyable game(who are you to judge someone's meaning of 'fun'?) if you chain 16:1. I said if they ask nice, np

Matriarch|Sneakers said:
"i will happely ruin their 1vs1 (which will improve mine because killing people is one of the reasons i play this game)." Uhm, that sounds like something extracted from a kids playground, same egostic childish logic. Grow up!

perhaps, dunno why i said that. :mad:

Nate

FH is my second home
Manisch Depressiv said:
I also don't like ganking people 3 vs 1

because you never do that :p u usually have 8 v 1 :)

but i dont mind, its fun

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Ill add on anyone, an enemy is an enemy as far as I am concerned, want to play in private get a fucking room in a motel 6 with a pack of kleenex and some KY, and adding isnt rollplay, its gameplay, live with it and cut this "honourable" shite, heres a newsflash, in Iraq they dont stop shotting cause they are 10:1 ffs.

Heres what Ive been traying to say. The above quote can be roughly translated too.

I have fun doing what im doing, its not against the rules, so fuck off.

Basically, the same thing that someone could say if they were going to start emptying guild vaults, stealing encounters ingame, ect ect..

And if your arguement that this is a MMORPG, so is based on Zerg-v-Zerg.

Well then, If I go steal your encounter, its because im a Rogue, and im deceitful, afterall im only doing what im supposed too :eek7:

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
There's nothing wrong at all in attacking an enemy player already under attack. It's not against the CoC, in fact the very design and spirit of DAoC encourages it. The bottom line is that people who QQ about others 'adding' on their fights are either RP greedy fucks, elitist wankers or a bit of both.

If you think about it, you do not see people shouting 'Oi! Less adding on my enemy n00b!' when it's zerg v zerg.

Ultimately, if you want a pure 1v1 then don't go to bridges or other choke points to fight. If you do, and you get 'added' on then don't fucking QQ here.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
You are the carebear, booing cause of adds, what a crock.

Yeah, while some super stealthed wankers start a fight 3 vs 1 on me or while 3 visible dudes come with Mach 6 to fight me, all of them several RRs higher and all that with minimal risk I am the carebear and a crock!

Logic 101.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
well u gotta understand this if someone adds to your fight you loose an inch off your e-peen, so obviously people dont like it.....

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Kalidur said:
well u gotta understand this if someone adds to your fight you loose an inch off your e-peen, so obviously people dont like it.....

But you can gain 2 inches by coming to Fh and whining!

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Quake 3 Tournament Deathmatch.

The only genuine balanced, fair, skill-is-the-only-factor 1v1 you will find. Don't play an RvR game then whine about it not being 1v1. This is the wrong game for that. If you get a good 1v1 fight, great, more power to you. Had some good ones myself. But that's not what the game is built for.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Yes, the game is built for cowards going 3 vs 1 from stealth and when one of them gets his ass handed he vanishes or both or three.

More power to them! The smart people!

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Ill remember that next time you, vipr and Thesa gank me while solo on Brynja you massive great big hypotcrit.

a) vipr quit a year ago.
b) I prolly spent /2 hours played with thesa in last 6 months (we can compare /solo kills if you like ransid)
c) 3 people killing you is not adding
d) SH. (erm what the fuck do you expect, we should get the party popers and xmas crackers out next time we see you pass, been ran down by like SH zerg at bryno doorstep millions of times, we tend to take any opportunity for parity with both hands.)
e) your free RP 1v1, we gank you for speed so we can get stealthed up again (WL/SM/BD addage etc)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Svartmetall said:
Quake 3 Tournament Deathmatch.

The only genuine balanced, fair, skill-is-the-only-factor 1v1 you will find. Don't play an RvR game then whine about it not being 1v1. This is the wrong game for that. If you get a good 1v1 fight, great, more power to you. Had some good ones myself. But that's not what the game is built for.
this is true
but emptying guild vaults, "stealing encounters" etc etc are also not against the rules therefore how the game is intended to be played.
As said above rogue classes are in the roleplaying aspect supposed to be decietful and theiving so why not ;)
i shall go out my way to grief as much as possible when rolling my sb, and when someone complains i will yell at the top of my pixels
"Its a ROLEPLAYING GAME, if you dont like it go and play solataire"

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Yes, the game is built for cowards going 3 vs 1 from stealth and when one of them gets his ass handed he vanishes or both or three.

More power to them! The smart people!

not really the game was built so you can play together with 3 of your freinds, well it seems your a little lacking in that equation.....

and to be honest honest i'd sacrifice the enjoyment of 1 for the enjoyment of 3, so either way you loose.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
a) vipr quit a year ago.
b) I prolly spent /2 hours played with thesa in last 6 months (we can compare /solo kills if you like ransid)
d) SH. (erm what the fuck do you expect, we should get the party popers and xmas crackers out next time we see you pass, been ran down by like SH zerg at bryno doorstep millions of times, we tend to take any opportunity for parity with both hands.)
e) your free RP 1v1, we gank you for speed so we can get stealthed up again (WL/SM/BD addage etc)

Censi you really are full of shit.

You post on FH as though you're some born again Christian FFS! For the last 3-4 months you've been QQ'ing on FH since you decided to play solo about morals, adding, stealther and visible ettiquette, bla bla bla...I get sick of reading your posts TBH, you're so full of yourself it's untrue.

Before that, you and Vipr and another bum buddy of yours (Calaw I think it was) would regularly trio. Oh, and that's BS about Vipr quitting a year ago because I can remember getting the smack down from all three of you pussies less then 6 months ago by DC. You had at least one DI BB in the tower and were using every trick in the book not to get killed.

Oh, and you now gank people for speed huh? That's the best excuse I've heard yet for ganking a solo player. Why not come out and just admit that all you give a shit about are RPs, and you'll do whatever you can to get RPs while giving away as few as you can yourself?

I find it remarkable you speak of honour as though you practice it, when the reality is that you simply throw the word about to cover up or justify the way you choose to play the game.

The truth is that you are just a bad loser Censi, and a non-exsistant player as far as I am concerned.

/dismiss

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Kalidur said:
not really the game was built so you can play together with 3 of your freinds, well it seems your a little lacking in that equation.....

and to be honest honest i'd sacrifice the enjoyment of 1 for the enjoyment of 3, so either way you loose.

Sorry, but I don't want to have friends who enjoy ganking others. So yes, I am kinda fucked in that equation.

But if you think that I've trouble to do half a group or a group for such a qank squad you need some serious medicine. Trying to insult me because of my social relationships is just laughable: "Oh ma, look he got no friends, I can beat him up 3 vs 1."

Ololol...

Comos

Loyal Freddie
censi said:
a) vipr quit a year ago.

ROFL

What a load of bullshit, which ofcourse was to be expected from you.

"3 people killing a solo'er isn't adding" You moron. Read the thread title?
".. Adding, Stealth Zerging,..."
Oh yes it's very different ofcourse :rolleyes:

"e) your free RP 1v1, we gank you for speed so we can get stealthed up again (WL/SM/BD addage etc)"

What a bullshit comment.
Gratz on being the biggest hypocrit of the forum.

Funny how 95% of the stealthers group up to attack solo'ers then come here and complain about getting added on on the rare occasions that they run about solo.

Couldn't care less for em.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Sorry, but I don't want to have friends who enjoy ganking others. So yes, I am kinda fucked in that equation.

having friends helping you with kills wont reduce the size of your e-peen, really its just in your head, but as the other poster posted you can easily gain the lost inches by whining on forums about people claiming that inch of your e-peen, but by the sounds of it you've already mastered e-peen cultivation.....

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
having friends helping you with kills wont reduce the size of your e-peen, really its just in your head, but as the other poster posted you can easily gain the lost inches by whining on forums about people claiming that inch of your e-peen, but by the sounds of it you've already mastered e-peen cultivation.....

Its not that hard to understand really, but lemme try to explain it for you...

Some people do actualy enjoy going out there on their own and try to take on foes that are stronger than them. See how effective they are with their class and use some skill to beat the enemy. Its called surviving on your own. Use your class abilities to max and out perform the enemy...

Not everyone enjoys zerging a solo enemy with 3 of their friends because they know, they can't play for shit solo and have absolutely no skills nor the drive to improve their play style. They simply choose the easy mode and call for the big brother to come help.

P.S: Oh and it has nothing to do with e-peen. All it is just getting a fair 1 vs. 1 fight and having equal chance of killing each other. Whoever performs the best wins the fight. So don't you be keep using the lame "e-peen" argument. Most soloers hate to be ganged by 3-4 not because it reduces the "e-peen" fights but it is just not a fair fight at all...

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Pera said:
Its not that hard to understand really, but lemme try to explain it for you...

Some people do actualy enjoy going out there on their own and try to take on foes that are stronger than them. See how effective they are with their class and use some skill to beat the enemy. Its called surviving on your own. Use your class abilities to max and out perform the enemy...

Not everyone enjoys zerging a solo enemy with 3 of their friends because they know, they can't play for shit solo and have absolutely no skills nor the drive to improve their play style. They simply choose the easy mode and call for the big brother to come help.

To some people this game is all about trying to be the best (E-Peeners), and than theres those that just want a little bit of fun (me).

I have nothing against E-Peeners as long as they have nothing against me, and i'll only comment when an e-peener is trying to force his values, i.e. you killed me 3 vs 1 you must be <insert random insult>, and you are in the wrong.

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:

What a strange thing to say.

Manisch states some decent points about what he enjoys, even states at some point that he is lower RR than people he fights (isn't that like the first rule about your e-peen never diss it?). Having read the thread it is the same old thing of people enjoying aspects of the game that others do not.
My personal preference is not to outnumber the enemy as that is unfair, and if it is outnumbered to the point where there is zero chance of losing then I don't see the point in playing.

For myself and probably many others killing instantly, or being killed instantly is very little fun. The argument it is RvR not 1v1 or 8v8 iseems so lame, imagine how crazy this game would be if everybody added on everything, people wouldn't enter the frontier without taking half the realm with them for protection.

Most people that enjoy 8v8 or smaller groups tend to enjoy them because there are not too many people to make communication and teamplay work, this is where the game potentially falls down people might enjoy playing as a 3man group but will only encounter solos/duos/fgs, they then feel might as well kill em and avoid the fgs which leads to whine and adding members, which in turn leads to FHposts. An alternative to all this could be instance battlegrounds with equal numbers, which I think I would quite enjoy but I see how it could and has made many friends of mine stop playing a certain contender to DAoC.

Grammar and spelling is probably crappy and I appologise :drink:

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
To some people this game is all about trying to be the best (E-Peeners), and than theres those that just want a little bit of fun (me).

I have nothing against E-Peeners as long as they have nothing against me, and i'll only comment when an e-peener is trying to force his values, i.e. you killed me 3 vs 1 you must be <insert random insult>, and you are in the wrong.

How much fun do you actually have when you outnumber someone to the point where they have a 0% chance fighting against you? If you enjoy that, then I guess you are worst than people you call "e-peeners" since they at least give you a fair chance of winning, which only shows that they are not claiming nor trying to be the best. If they were, they would do what you are doing and try to win no matter what even if it means outnumbering the opponent to the point of sure victory. Sounds familiar? ;)

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Staffzor said:
What a strange thing to say.

read the metaphors in it.

Grouping with people doesnt take anything away from your individual skill, killing people with a group doesnt make you any less than killing people solo, just becaus you whine on the forums about something that didnt go your way in game, doest make it right....

Pera

how much fun do i have when me + a few steam roll a few, none really, how much fun do we as a trio have when we get steamrolled by a FG, not much actually, but the difference is i dont come here moaning each time people dont play by my rules...

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
read the metaphors in it.

Grouping with people doesnt take anything away from your individual skill, killing people with a group doesnt make you any less than killing people solo, just becaus you whine on the forums about something that didnt go your way in game, doest make it right....

uh oh, sure it does. If you kill someone solo with 3 of your buddies, you are using 1/3rd of the effort it takes to kill them solo thus taking away from your "indivisual skill". Killing someone solo with a group rather than killing them solo vs. solo only makes you a less worthy opponent who shows lack of respect and fairness...

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Pera said:
uh oh, sure it does. If you kill someone solo with 3 of your buddies, you are using 1/3rd of the effort it takes to kill them solo thus taking away from your "indivisual skill". Killing someone solo with a group rather than killing them solo vs. solo only makes you a less worthy opponent who shows lack of respect and fairness...

aya... and thats the diffrence between you and me :)

some skillfull player who owns everyone 1 vs 1 in any duel woudlnt loose that skill if he grouped with 2 mates to hunt one day, or does him grouping with the two mates cut his skill level to 1/3 as you would say ?

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
aya... and thats the diffrence between you and me :)

some skillfull player who owns everyone 1 vs 1 in any duel woudlnt loose that skill if he grouped with 2 mates to hunt one day, or does him grouping with the two mates cut his skill level to 1/3 as you would say ?

The point you are missing and getting out of concept is that a player like you mentioned that owns everyone 1 vs. 1 can not achieve that point always zerging people. He/she has to solo most of the time to learn his/her class to the max. Now that being said, of course it cuts his personel skill to 1/3rd for that moment he is groped and when fighting a solo foe. Lemme give you an example. If that person was a stealther and was fighting a stealther almost as good as he is, he would have to use everything he can (i.e. pop battler/malice, purge, posion spike, switch weaps for most dmg, re-apply poisons etc.). HOWEVER, when he is in a grp of 3 and fighting the same oppenent, all he has to do is just swing away and kill the solo player, thus cutting his level of skill and play by significant amount. In that case I would safely say more than 1/3rd.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Pera said:
The point you are missing and getting out of concept is that a player like you mentioned that owns everyone 1 vs. 1 can not achieve that point always zerging people. He/she has to solo most of the time to learn his/her class to the max. Now that being said, of course it cuts his personel skill to 1/3rd for that moment he is groped and when fighting a solo foe. Lemme give you an example. If that person was a stealther and was fighting a stealther almost as good as he is, he would have to use everything he can (i.e. pop battler/malice, purge, posion spike, switch weaps for most dmg, re-apply poisons etc.). HOWEVER, when he is in a grp of 3 and fighting the same oppenent, all he has to do is just swing away and kill the solo player, thus cutting his level of skill and play by significant amount. In that case I would safely say more than 1/3rd.
So if I go by what your saying people who run in a 8 man group have 1/8th of the skill of someone who solo’s

Just because it takes 1/8th of the effort to kill someone does not mean it required 1/8th of the skill.

I really suggest you take another look at what you wrote, and remember skill and effort are 2 different things.

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
So if I go by what your saying people who run in a 8 man group have 1/8th of the skill of someone who solo’s

Just because it takes 1/8th of the effort to kill someone does not mean it required 1/8th of the skill.

I really suggest you take another look at what you wrote, and remember skill and effort are 2 different things.

And I really suggest you do some more reading or actually "think" when you read. If you go by what I am saying, then yes a grp of 8 that kills a solo player uses 1/8 of the skill AND Effort. No where in my posts did I say a group of 3 uses 1/3 of skills and effort when killing same numbers.

Go back to reading 101 for you...

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Pera said:
And I really suggest you do some more reading or actually "think" when you read. If you go by what I am saying, then yes a grp of 8 that kills a solo player uses 1/8 of the skill AND Effort. No where in my posts did I say a group of 3 uses 1/3 of skills and effort when killing same numbers.

Go back to reading 101 for you...

there comes a time in a posters life when he knows he doesnt have a chance to win, so i bow down to your superior intellect....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom