Zerg!!

F

feldeshadowbane

Where does the word 'zerg' come from?

I know I've seen 'zerglings' or something somewhere but I can't remember...

O

optical-

You should post this in the albion section.

F

feldeshadowbane

heh, one cannot ask a simple question without someone saying something dumb about albion - how amusing

O

old.Xarr

the word 'zerg' derives from the strategy game called 'starcraft' by blizzard. one of the races you could play there was called simply the 'zerg' and one of the first strategies very easy to use by this player-race was to overwhelm your enemy with lots of these 'zerglings'. therefore the expression 'zerg' has been known to mean overwhelming your enemy with purely numbers and little skill involved.

A

Alrindel

zerglings.gif
zerglings.gif
zerglings.gif

zerglings.gif
zerglings.gif
zerglings.gif

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Novamir
zvz01.jpg

That's a zerg :D

See the yellow zerglings? That's the albs. See the brown ones? That's the hibs.

You can't see the mids, because they're comprised of 3fg of buffed up shadowblades hiding in the background :)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by *Hienrich*

You can't see the mids, because they're comprised of 3fg of buffed up shadowblades hiding in the background :)

Surely the hibs would be... oh, fuck knows, carrier-rushing or something :p

A

Aule Valar

reaver dropping more likely

sc was a great game :) and oh so similar to our tactics, produce zerglings, charge enemy fortification, die, next wave ready, repeat
the only difference was in sc this actually worked as the enemy couldn't res, and noone can keep up with the zerglings, bwahahahahahaha

A

Aule Valar

Originally posted by old.Xarr
therefore the expression 'zerg' has been known to mean overwhelming your enemy with purely numbers and little skill involved.

little skill? you blaspheme sir, the zergling rush is an art for in inself (especially against protoss, who don't have those dratted bunkers)

C

chosen

starcraft rules :D
and you use zerglings to rush them, not to try zerg them later because zerglings are nerfed

P

pcentella

Originally posted by *Hienrich*
Originally posted by Novamir
zvz01.jpg

See the yellow zerling at the back? It's a sorc, and is going to cast an AoE mez. Anyway, it won't as a little brown zerg is hitting the instant AoE mez, and little zzz's will hover over the yellow zerglings little heads.
Sorry, couldn't resist to whine :D, it is not my intention to start a :flame:, so don't take the post too seriously! :)

S

saltymcpepper

See the yellow zerling at the back? It's a sorc, and is going to cast an AoE mez. Anyway, it won't as a little brown zerg is hitting the instant AoE mez, and little zzz's will hover over the yellow zerglings little heads.
Sorry, couldn't resist to whine :D, it is not my intention to start a :flame:, so don't take the post too seriously! :) [/B]

the bards mezz is resisted, and the sorcs mezz hits home, doing a picture perfect mezz onto the hibs.
Random caby: i know what this needs, AN AOE DOT!

T

Tranquil-

Screw defense, zerglings all the way baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom