Youtube watch history

Tom

I am a FH squatter
My watch history is all fucked up, I must watch about 30 things a day on Youtube desktop but it's now only showing 3-4 videos. Is this some ad-blocker thing, where people who block adverts don't get a working history page?

It's not just on desktop - my phone's watch history is also annoyingly bare.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
My watch history is all fucked up, I must watch about 30 things a day on Youtube desktop but it's now only showing 3-4 videos. Is this some ad-blocker thing, where people who block adverts don't get a working history page?

It's not just on desktop - my phone's watch history is also annoyingly bare.

Using chrome and adblock plus mine seems ok FYI

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Firefox with ABP, works for me.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
How odd, it seems to have fixed itself. Good to know it isn't some new thing they're doing to stop adblockers. Fuck YT ads.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I have ad blocker, my history works fine. If you go to history on YouTube, and on the right side, press manage history, you should get a myactivity.google.com page with the actual history linked to your google account. If you don't see it there, then it's a real problem.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I don't dare look at my browser history, but that's another story !!

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I use uBlock, uMatrix & Ghostery.

Word of warning, uMatrix will often break websites, and manual work would be required to allow the structural components to load. But you let through only what you want. Unless you're quite adverse to tracking or 3rd party shit clogging the tubes, don't bother with uMatrix.

I for one think of it as a must have.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
uBlock Origin/Tampermonkey + Greasemonkey here

Tampermonkey + Greasemonkey is great for getting around the age verification on youtube videos without having to sign in.

Also using Microsoft Edge (haha!), used to use Firefox but tried out Edge and was surprised by how much better it is than Explorer was. I tried that Opera GX Gamer browser too, that's pretty shat imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom