your warhammer folder is missing a large amount of files

Tickster

Fledgling Freddie
Hello chaps!

Managed to enter my lobin details at long last, but i get the error message "your warhammer folder is missing a large amount of files, Please reinstall from original media" I'm pretty sure its due to a limit on the amount the patcher will upload to you. The following is from the error log it created:

[2008/09/09 20:35:42] Product [Warhammer European Open Beta Release] has [967667718] size patch - larger than [500000000] maximum.

I've been trying to find somewhere to download the updates since the CB client was released without success, or perhaps there is a small text file or somthing that fixes it - obviously i cant be missing 9GB of files seeing as my war folder is 9.x GB big..

I don't have the fastest connection in the world so would rather not have to DL the whole OB client :/

cheers

Coder

Fledgling Freddie
Hello chaps!

Managed to enter my lobin details at long last, but i get the error message "your warhammer folder is missing a large amount of files, Please reinstall from original media" I'm pretty sure its due to a limit on the amount the patcher will upload to you. The following is from the error log it created:

[2008/09/09 20:35:42] Product [Warhammer European Open Beta Release] has [967667718] size patch - larger than [500000000] maximum.

I've been trying to find somewhere to download the updates since the CB client was released without success, or perhaps there is a small text file or somthing that fixes it - obviously i cant be missing 9GB of files seeing as my war folder is 9.x GB big..

I don't have the fastest connection in the world so would rather not have to DL the whole OB client :/

cheers

I had/have the same problem.. I started both a torrent download of an older beta client (August 27), as well as the "official" download from the GOA-site. The torrent was down in 2 hours, while the GOA-downloader kept crashing.

I installed the torrent (no problems) and logged in without problem. The patcher started and after a minute or so I got the error message described above.

I figured it was something with my client and started downloading the GOA-version again, but it keeps crashing after a few hours, and when I restart it doesn't pick up where it left off, despite the fact that I see a couple of complete image-files of DVDs in the WarhammerEUBeta-folder where I have the official downloader..

Long story short.. if someone knows how to circumvent the issue described by the first poster, I'm most interested in hearing a solution.

rynnor

Rockhound
I had the same problem - re-installed the game using the very same setup files off the torrent and that time it all worked perfectly - guess the setup can sometimes be a bit flakey!

Give it a go! :)

Coder

Fledgling Freddie
I re-downloaded the file from Freddys House torrent, tried installing and got a message saying that the file art2.pvm (or whatever) was corrupt. I hit ignore, hoping that the patcher would fix it.

That was not the case however, and instead I once again got the above message that a large number of files were missing.

I then had uTorrent re-check the files, and despite the fact that I had originally downloaded 100% and done the install, uTorrent told me that I only had 99% downloaded. When I restarted the download, the final % was downloaded, I re-installed, this time without error messages, and this morning I could log in without any trouble.

Problem solved :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom