Your thoughts!?

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
Respecting someone's beliefs doesn't mean you need to think they are true, it means you leave them alone to think what they want without flaming them or telling them they are wrong.

And to be honest, you do seem to have a bit of verbal diarrhea just now. Have you actually checked up on the historical evidence and value texts like the Bible has? For example, theres more historical evidence of Jesus walking on the earth than other historical characters such as Alexander the Great? Maybe we discount such evidence because Jesus (and other religious figures) claimed to be sent by God - maybe he was just a mad man, but there's definite evidence that he existed.

So you wouldn't think that i was crazy if i told you that im the new messiah, but instead you would respect my belief?

Riiight...

And i never said that jesus didn't excist. I did (ages ago) say that i dont believe there was a man who could perform miracles, but i never said that Jesus didnt excist.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So you wouldn't think that i was crazy if i told you that im the new messiah, but instead you would respect my belief?

Actually on that, i wouldn't CALL you crazy, even if i believed you were. I would "respect" your belief in a sense that i wouldn't try to convince you out of it, or impose the lack of "proof" in your opinion.

Though if you were the messiah, i would, just out of interest, ask for some kinda trick thingy :D

Thinking someones beliefs are "crazy" and outright telling it to their face are two different things also.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Thinking someones beliefs are "crazy" and outright telling it to their face are two different things also.

stating an opinion, and respecting someone els's right to belive what they choose are two very different things. if a person cannot state the he or she belives something to be fals, rediculouse or even stupid, then your as the resipient basicly imposing your belife by tabu'rizing it.

now stating that someone should ulter thier beliefs or that do not have the right to hold that belief, becuase you disagree with it, thats another story all together, and as such ´then you are imposing your belief apon the resipient.

an exampel of this, is my own opinion that Intelligent design isnt plausible, thats my opinion, and as such I'm entitled to it. i do not tell someone els wether or not they should belive it or not, see the difference ?

I wont go into the other bit of ID being a science or not, since i think we've more or less covered that. also because i feel that the same codex dosent aply to that discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom