Your Screen Resolution

J

Jonty

Hi guys

Just a quick poll :D I would basically like to know what screen resolution you're running. If you have more than one PC, just pick the one you use most often. I know there are numerous statistical analyses about this kind of thing, but I'd like to know what you hardware lovers [ :p ] use.

Thanks for your time!

S

(Shovel)

On my main computer: 1600x1200@100Hz
The other one in the house tend to be at 1024x768@85Hz, simply because it's an older and smaller monitor :)

J

Jonty

Originally posted by Clowneh!
u have wierd interests :p
Don't mock me! hehe. This does have a purpose, I assure you :)

As for 1600x1200 @ 100Mhz, wow :D hehe. What size screen are you running, (Shovel)?

Kind Regards

S

(Shovel)

It's an Iiyama VMPro 454, 19" :) It's a lovely, lovely monitor, though it is a bit of a bitch to lug around to uni and back :)

J

Jonty

Ooo, very nice indeed :D I recently came across an LG Flatron TFT screen, similar specs to that 19" CRT (except without that higher a resolution) for only £320. Very tempted to buy it ;)

Kind Regards

Edit ~ But of course, if cost wasn't a consideration, then I'd have two of these 24" flatscreen, widescreen, Sony monitors (John Carmack uses two of these for his coding :D)

W

Wilier

I use 1280 * 1024 at work and 1024 * 768 at home (cos my TFT wont go higher :()

A

adams901

I have a Iiyama VMPro 454 but run it at 1024x768 @120 mhz.

I found that the majority of webpages look rubbish at 1600x1200, some are aligned to the left with a huge space on the right, and others are center with huge spaces either side, 1024x768 seems to fill the screen just nicely (example: go to 1600x1200 and look at www.msn.co.uk).

P

PR.

At home I use 1280x1024 but at work I go mad and have 1400x1200 the same with my Laptop

L

~Lazarus~

I use 1280 * 1024 at work (21" monitor)

and 1024 * 768 at home (17" monitor)

M

mookie

i use 1600x1200 on the desktop (19" Iiyama) and 1024x768 on the laptop (12.1" iBook)

T

Testin da Cable

1600x1200@100 on my 19" iiyama. same on my 22" iiyama before this one, and the same on my 19" iiyama before that one.

J

Jonty

*Jonty reminds TdC that those monitors are around about £1500 each.* That said, they are the best, bar none. Thanks for your responses, guys. Most enlightening.

Kind Regards

D

djpringle

1280 x 1024 at home on a 19" TFT at home but only 1024x768 at work (laptop and desktop) :(

F

FatBusinessman

1280x1024x75Hz

Looking to get Shovel's monitor over the summer.

F

FatBusinessman

(Not in a nicking-it kind of way, I hasten to add, tempting as it is... just going to buy the same model) :)

S

(Shovel)

Originally posted by adams901
I have a Iiyama VMPro 454 but run it at 1024x768 @120 mhz.

I found that the majority of webpages look rubbish at 1600x1200, some are aligned to the left with a huge space on the right, and others are center with huge spaces either side, 1024x768 seems to fill the screen just nicely (example: go to 1600x1200 and look at www.msn.co.uk).

I guess if you keep it all maximised then yeah... I tend to use to extra screen real estate to not have anything maximised and be able to have more on display that way :)

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Jonty
*Jonty reminds TdC that those monitors are around about £1500 each.* That said, they are the best, bar none. Thanks for your responses, guys. Most enlightening.

Kind Regards

aarg :( I'll get just the one then :)

H

Happy Go Lucky

A 17" 1024x768 @85Hz, which I prefer over my prevoius 20" 1024x768 @100Hz which I still have. (clowneh may be I can sort you out :)

Also have a 17" TFT in my house @1240x1024 85Hz which I use occasionally.

N

nath

1600 res on a mediocre 19" CTX CRT I got in a pc world sale (pissoff :/). Any lower res than that just seems bloated.

S

Sibanac

still on a 17" so i am running 1152x864 on main descktop

F

FatBusinessman

Originally posted by (Shovel)
I tend to use to extra screen real estate to not have anything maximised

Ben, only you could seriously use the phrase "screen real estate".

You poncy goit, you ;)

J

Jonty

Merci! Danke! Cheers!

Thanks for all your responses guys, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer the poll and post your settings.

Kind Regards

T

throdgrain

Originally posted by Jonty
Ooo, very nice indeed :D I recently came across an LG Flatron TFT screen, similar specs to that 19" CRT (except without that higher a resolution) for only £320. Very tempted to buy it ;)

I got one of these Jonty, its a nice monitor . Can be hard to get set up initially though, particularly for vertical lines if you see what I mean.
I run at 1024-768, you lot make me think I should move up a bit :)
The reason I do this is cos most of my games I play at that res. I appreciate a higher resolution makes em look a bit prettier, but surely you start losing fps ?

Edit ~ Just fixed a broken quote, nothing else ~ Jonty

W

Will

But then again, if your gfx card is already overkill, you can move up a res or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom