Your general description wanted!

babs

Can't get enough of FH
PLightstar said:
I've recently discovered the joys of being a non-team player or Sniper for short.

I've stopped caring about control points and only care about my surroundings, my ammo and my clear shot of someones head.
Ah, so you're one of the muppets I end up screaming at because we're losing our last flags, need all the support we can get and you're sat in a tree on the other side of the map waiting for a straggler to wander past :)

I find it funny when a sniper must spend 10 mintues finding a hiding spot, then gives it away on the first kill (thanks to the wonderful killcam thing which shows you where you were shot from) then gets all upset when you march straight over to him on next spawn and violate him.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I mostly play on public servers so its easy pickings and not many have kill cam. Plus the fact I relocate after every 2 or 3 kills.

Im trying to be a team player though, by sniping people trying to take our flags, amoung other things u could class me as a base camper.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I disagree about the role of sniper and the "disadvantage" of the death cam.

Two snipers on the enemy airbase can frustrate and weaken a serious attack strategy, alternatively get more than one sniper aiming at the bridges on Hue and it gets really annoying.

The death cam does not bother me, if you get far enough away you are effectively invisible unless the enemy spawn an "anti-sniper sniper", and its obvious when you see them, so you can pick them off first. There are also tactics you can employ to make yourself difficult to spot, at least from the M60 junkies.

The "death cam" provides a challenge, I move around a lot and hide, and plenty of times a frustrated GI has passed literally metres from my position looking for me. It's a real buzz.

If a position close to me falls, and I see some of my comrades ruching to recapture it, I'd probably blow my cover and join in, I don't play that remotely from the game and the objectives are just as important.

The one major change I'd like to see regarding the Helicopters is the ability to shoot the pilot through the windshield, maybe not a straight kill but at least some damage, the bulletproof glass makes them impregnable and I honestly feel that if a helo decides to descend on a RPD firing back at him then he deserves to get a face full of lead.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
xane said:
I disagree about the role of sniper and the "disadvantage" of the death cam.

Two snipers on the enemy airbase can frustrate and weaken a serious attack strategy, alternatively get more than one sniper aiming at the bridges on Hue and it gets really annoying.

The death cam does not bother me, if you get far enough away you are effectively invisible unless the enemy spawn an "anti-sniper sniper", and its obvious when you see them, so you can pick them off first. There are also tactics you can employ to make yourself difficult to spot, at least from the M60 junkies.

The "death cam" provides a challenge, I move around a lot and hide, and plenty of times a frustrated GI has passed literally metres from my position looking for me. It's a real buzz.

If a position close to me falls, and I see some of my comrades ruching to recapture it, I'd probably blow my cover and join in, I don't play that remotely from the game and the objectives are just as important.

The one major change I'd like to see regarding the Helicopters is the ability to shoot the pilot through the windshield, maybe not a straight kill but at least some damage, the bulletproof glass makes them impregnable and I honestly feel that if a helo decides to descend on a RPD firing back at him then he deserves to get a face full of lead.

This leads me to something close to an annoyance. I don't mind people supporting a capture bid, but what I hate is people spawn raping un-necessarily. With snipers it's not so bad, they're relatively avoidable and lack a high fire rate, but the two that REALLY piss me off are M60 wimps doing the same or someone in a huey thinking they're amazing by just circling above a flag and dumping rockets as people spawn.

You snipers out of range of sight don't bother me either, not after some mortar spam :)

mank!

Part of the furniture
babs said:
someone in a huey thinking they're amazing by just circling above a flag and dumping rockets as people spawn.

That is the worst thing ever. If you're the Americans, you can't do a thing about it either because you've got no heat-seekers. It's irritating as hell.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
This is why I would like to see machinegun fire be able to hit the pilot, it seems crazy you can empty a whole belt into the glass and not hit them.

Some choppers you can hit the pilot, the non-Gunship Huey is open at the sides and I've sniped a pilot before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom