Your general description wanted!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Seel:

Shotgun addict-whore. (i know!)

Chopper is my favorite toy.

Can fly low, stay up in heavy fire, can't land for my life.

Tanks are my, how to say, specialété. I ride 'em, shoot 'em and love 'em.

Now you go!

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
old.Tohtori said:
Can fly low, stay up in heavy fire, can't land for my life.

I thought landing would be the easy bit. Landing intact may be a bit trickier :D

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Pretty crap with a machine gun of any description, but give me a tank and a sniper rifle and I'll trot around having lots of fun. I'm usually pretty sharp aiming the tank, but if I get the distance needed from a target the old sniper rifle comes into play :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I play this game the same way I play any game. If I see an enemy I charge with whatever I have. Hence, I'm not great at this game :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
A few simple words....

Get the biggest gun run over hill, empty a clip into a small bush thinking it an enemy and run for your life when u hear an engine or footsteps.

granny

Fledgling Freddie
I am twitchy TKer. I have had to actually bind a key to "say_team shit sorry man!". I've been auto-kicked a few times for TKing when I was really trying hard not to kill the wrong people :D

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Wij said:
I play this game the same way I play any game. If I see an enemy I charge with whatever I have. Hence, I'm not great at this game :)

Heh that sums me up too :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
throdgrain said:
Heh that sums me up too :)

That's why I was ideally suited to perimeter defence in CTF games. I run around like a madman annoying all enemies and getting in their way and spam the say_team with "INCOMING AT %L" messages. Works fine. If they smack me down the flag room guy at least knows he's coming.

Games like CS and BF don't seem to have any useful role for an impatient berzerker like me though :/

What do you spend your time doing Throddeh ?

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
I be one of them there chopper pilots. Also like a bit of sniping and foot soldiering.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
I am Cdrs gunner bitch :(

I do like to fly them when i get a chance. I am also the artillery expert :D

So i am just the support soldier :( with a bit of dabling in sniping.

mank!

Part of the furniture
I started out playing Q2 online and later Ra2, which instilled in me an incredible urge to run screaming at the enemy and kill them just by moving faster than them. That doesn't work in these sorts of games, which is why I die so often. When I actually stay alive long enough I like to play as assault, running around twatting people, flying across the map in a jeep to cap the furthest away enemy base to draw fire and like granny I'm very good at TKing, it appears I have better reflexes than I though.

I try to fly the planes but I can't kill anything with them and usually crash into trees. I'm also very good at planting mines in puddles on Ho Chi Minh trail and watching my teammates walk/drive over them despite me saying "watch out for the puddles, they're mined" about a million times in team chat. Gah.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
throdgrain said:
Believe it or not, I play CS and BF:V :)

:eek:

I mean what role do you play. Being so gung-ho mine is to die lots. Surely you've found a better use for yourself ? :)

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I have not explored the "Engineer" classes fully, but I have to admit the Booby Traps are evil, and, unlike 1942, you cannot walk accross your own minefield. I want to get used to the Shovel/Tunnel to explore its advantages.

I prefer single shot semi-auto rifles, but getting the hang of the rapid double shot isis difficult against an army of M60 snipers, but getting there, once I have mastered this then I'll probably stick with this class.

Otherwise perimeter defending with the M60 or RPD, or being an anti-sniper sniper, or wandering around with and AFV or the mobile spawn points like the Mi-8 Cargo, not very good with helos right now unless they are slow and sure.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Wij said:

I mean what role do you play. Being so gung-ho mine is to die lots. Surely you've found a better use for yourself ? :)

Yes he sits in the corner with the big sniper rifle shouting "h4x" and "n00b" alot.

Unless you are on about vietnam in which case i have no idea ;)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Wij said:

Ive dabbled in the engineer role, but as has been said before I always end up pungi-ing me own side :)
Therefore I tend to be the standard AK47/M16/m60-if-no-one-I-know-is-about kind of bloke ! I can fly the planes, and even land them too, but I must admit I like the DC planes better. Tanks Im quite good with too, but generally speaking Im a rifled flag charger :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Deadmanwalking said:
Yes he sits in the corner with the big sniper rifle shouting "h4x" and "n00b" alot.

Unless you are on about vietnam in which case i have no idea ;)

AWP for teh win n00b !!!

Yeah, I do use it in CS, and no its not as easy as people think :(

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Gifv me an airplane... Doesn't care which, aslong as it can fly and shoot... I'll pewn u all :D

Wij

I am a FH squatter
throdgrain said:
Ive dabbled in the engineer role, but as has been said before I always end up pungi-ing me own side :)
Therefore I tend to be the standard AK47/M16/m60-if-no-one-I-know-is-about kind of bloke ! I can fly the planes, and even land them too, but I must admit I like the DC planes better. Tanks Im quite good with too, but generally speaking Im a rifled flag charger :)

Hmm - maybe I'm a bit different. That sounds boring to me. i want a role that involves mass carnage :/

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Wij said:
Hmm - maybe I'm a bit different. That sounds boring to me. i want a role that involves mass carnage :/

Flag charger with M60 = carnage!

mank!

Part of the furniture
Trying to rocket jump with LAW = carnage
Trying to grenade+rocket jump = mass carnage

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Just thought i'd post my new pet hate:
Getting in an attack type chopper, waiting the extra time to get the gunner so we can easily take down enemy choppers. Flying off, hovering perfectly by the enemy, waiting for gunner to twat them out the sky, waiting a bit longer, waiting some more, realising gunner is a retard, watching enemy turn to face me, watching enemy shoot me, crashing with gunner still no clue as to whats going on.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
I'm glad to see there seems to be no one in here who admits to being the type of player that stands around helicopter spawn points (usually with a large group of friends).

I'm finding myself more and more drawn to taking these types out. It's very satisfying. Find a nice spot. Wait for them to gather. BLAM! One goes down like a sack of potatoes, and I can hardly help myself laughing out loud when I see the others running around like headless chickens, jumping, weaving, hiding in huts and tents for a good while after. Usually I snipe them, but today I had the satisfaction of taking out 3 at the one time with an RPG.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Utini said:
Just waiting for gunner to twat them out the sky, waiting a bit longer, waiting some more, realising gunner is a retard, watching enemy turn to face me, watching enemy shoot me, crashing with gunner still no clue as to whats going on.

The Huey Gunship co-pilot weaponry is hard, the turret has a very limited degree of movement unlike the Cobra and the grenade popper takes an age to reload and its high-arc trajectory doesn't exactly make it the best weapon against a moving target, also the MGs on alternate fire are not so obvious, a lot of people forget them.

I've been accused of gunner-retardism many times, without the pilot realising that he needs to point the damn nose almost directly at the target before any of the weapons can be brought to bear.

I rock as a gunner in the Cobra tho :)

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
True xane, (hence i mentioned i'd lined it up nicely for the gunner, heh) :kissit:

babs

Can't get enough of FH
NVA all the way, RPG class with Type56. God that gun rocks, I almost point blank refuse to play as US now (unless sides are unfair), as the amount of 'anti tank' is just ridiculous. The type56 is fantastic though (at least I think it's the type56 :)), great from range and fast enough to use close up. Low recoil but requires a good aim, only 10 shots per clip and a long - if very elaborate - reload. It's a far cry from the 1st Airborne US Womens Division mincing around the map with their m60s :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I've recently discovered the joys of being a non-team player or Sniper for short.

I've stopped caring about control points and only care about my surroundings, my ammo and my clear shot of someones head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom