YOUR first memory in DAoC

Marc

FH is my second home
oh and having no money so me and Nakkiel rolling two briton chicks called "Hotpants" and "Boobookitty". Made about 400g between us in an hour, which was shit loads when u were like lvl 10 :D Amazing what people would give you, just for having a female char :D

Everz

FH is my second home
Starting on my merc in humberton and thinking i couldnt leave the area till i was lvl 5, and also getting the crap scared outta me when i saw a necro for the first time.

On my chant, just xp'ing at the old spots, blackthorns, water beetles, mud men hills, crazy leps house, koalinth was all good, still kept some of the drops i had from that time, prolly have 1-2 screenies lying about

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
and also getting the crap scared outta me when i saw a necro for the first time.

Got pissed after pming 2 diff. abominations asking for grp.... got no answer :p

took some time until the coin dropped on that one :p

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Hmm, my first memory gotto be when I registered for the beta! And hammered the logginbutton because the server were always full! I remember really enjoying the logginsound, I fell in love with it! I then created a highlander fighter with the name Drkknght(My nickname used to be Dark Knight, but that was already taken!). I also fell in love when I first logged inn and heard the music in Humberton. Meand and my RL friend Dvl(He also started a highlander fighter), ran around killing creeps close to humberton! Then we started exploring, and found something called north hill(Can't remember the name), there were lots of spiders there, and we started killing untill we hit level 5 with max bubbs! It took us a day to find out why the heck we couldn't level to 6!

Also remember at level 7 when we explored Camlelot castle some more, and found chain armor! I loved running around beeing gazed at by new players admiring my awesome looking armor!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Being beaten to crap on my first toon (yes, a BD) by the crabs outside Nailliten (mid) near the water with 2 IRL friends (I was a low level toon and they were red! =() we kept going to for them then running through the portal. =<

Scary not knowing the con system when starting, tbh.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
killing mobs near Humberton and the thrill of seeing some leather armour drop!!! omgomg1

those were the days rofl

oh and thinking "oh shit i got another 49lvls of this shit before i can PK ppl :("

now its "oh shit i gotta do 49lvls of this shit, get arti credits, get scrolls, get mls, get cls and find 100-200+plat before i can PK ppl :("

progress... eh?

cazno

Fledgling Freddie
my first daoc memory was making a troll thane or sumthn on camlann!(still there) my first char ever.. had this really childish name and it was a TROLL! so cool lol..

also remember making some minstrell together with my friend, we bought those funny alb hats and played/danced for cash lol;>

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
heh, first mid memory was my lvl 6 runemaster kobbie in nisse's lair in a grp and i was aoe nuking and couldnt understand why we got that many mobs :( omg givf brainwash! and the servers back to the old days!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Really miss exping in Nisse back in the old days :D

also remember being in Darkness Falls with warrior at level 20 - 25 or around there, mids had just gotten DF from albs and there was a huge midzerg chasing albs down, of course all teh lowbies followed after and pulled half of the mobs in df with them, was awesome fun :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol running about avalon with Ezlai lvl one and looking for stuff to hunt but not killing wolf cubs because they were so cute.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Looking at the box in the shop, going "Aaah.. what the f*ck..." and grabbing it.

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
first charc i made was an eldy but it sucked solo so i made a nature/nurture rest regrowth druid so i could solo and group if i wanted.remember being poor an on a quest running from one end of hib to the other cos horses was 'too expensive'.was running round innis at night an almost ran into the dullahans i was like lvl 10 an they were quite scary being lvl 48-50 an 'stealthed' (their old skin was some kinda misty blur outline so they were difficult to spot in the dark).then i remember being invited to a guild an given some gold an being blown away that u could earn that much at higher lvls.ah the good old days in prydwen not long after the game came out.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
one of my earliest memories is leveling in muire tomb on my blademaster (1st char i rolled) with a champ called alavas....is that guy still kickin or what?

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
on my cabalist, it was my first char which i got to level 5, i found the darkness falls entrance in my travels, and then i saw this robed stranger, like a beacon of light, swinging and twirling his staff like a god.. just thought "O..M..G.... I WANT!" and went and made aro^^

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
I made a saracen thrust mercenary, which started out at Campacorentin, while my brother was in Camelot! So he had to come on his horse to give me 5 silver so I could go to Camelot :p Eventually I specced in thrust, crush and slash because I wanted to be an all-around character :p

I regret deleting him to this day :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Made a thane as was told by Tsabo to be s/s specced with some in SC, then Fiannon telling me to put points into parry.

at lvl 33 i was about 15 in every line, was crap so i stopped playing him....respecced when the Thane love came a few weeks back but he's still gathering dust.

Also remember watching some guy talk to the NPC necro in gothwaite castle..haha laughed for ages at the poor guy.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
my first memory was when GOA had their own forums. and making a steel glove and selling it for uber profit.

its funny to see all these people saying my first memory is of finding a DF entrance etc lol.

i remember the days 5 days after the server opend

Moriatroll

Fledgling Freddie
I remember having a lvl 6ish dwarf thane, called thorsson and i ran aroudn mularn trying to kill stuff. Then some time after i rolled my warrior, giving him the incredibly childish name he still have (mind u i was only 14 :p) Remember starting in galpen, but was given 5g from a norse warrior in all black just to get to vasudheim. This was the first time i had used a horse in this game, so i was pretty excited by it but acctually got bored before i reached vasud :p

Also remembering some time exping from snow crabs in uppland around lvl 20, getting killed by a mincer, and getting my first 1 rp by adding on a fight at old x :p

oh the days, they were fun =) but tbh, i dont think i would still have played the game if it were still the same, all change is not bad change. While it would be fun to visit those days again, i dont think it would be as fun as playing the game in a more developed state. I mean... no DF, no RAs, no respecs to be seen?

even tho mythic hasn't allways made the best changes ever, the changes have allways been better then no changes. IMO.

Talsar

Albion Legend
It is very interesting to read others stories, i thought most would be the same, but tbh there is quite a mix of experiences :) which is really nice tbh.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Takhasis and I played Planetarion (yes the gloryfied spreadsheet) for around a year and some more, when he told me some m8s were playing this new game for free, well testing anyway. Took me dayts to download it.

Started my viking (Whoodoo) in good old Galplen, got to level 3 and lay on the floor for 5 minutes waiting for something to happen. My mate Takhasis logs in and says to me something like

"type /release ya twat".

After that he told me all about how weapon styles helped kill blue cons.

Talsar

Albion Legend
old.Whoodoo said:
Takhasis and I played Planetarion (yes the gloryfied spreadsheet) for around a year and some more, when he told me some m8s were playing this new game for free, well testing anyway. Took me dayts to download it.

Started my viking (Whoodoo) in good old Galplen, got to level 3 and lay on the floor for 5 minutes waiting for something to happen. My mate Takhasis logs in and says to me something like

"type /release ya twat".

After that he told me all about how weapon styles helped kill blue cons.

LMAO!!! okay okay i was not going to admit it!!! but i too sat there for ages on death :D lol i was so puzzled until i /send someone for help :D

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
Another good one I had was when i first started playing the game and i had my little lvl ! went down to the skellies below goth and started banging em up and dying alot, well after awhile it kept saying i was encumbered but i didnt know how to fix it so i just walked everywher like down to the skellies on sprint.. Took me 6 n a half hours that night to get to lvl 5. then i fell asleep and got laughed at the next day. talk about a good time. Then i forgot not to train my points and wondered why at first i could take the yellow mobs and now i couldnt, since i didnt train any of my skills and get new wepons i hit really low, greens were a challenge to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom