your first char, and your first day in daoc

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I was afk you gimp and came back to see your abuse.... anyway wanna fookin fight mudda fooka? :twak:

Bluesky...Blueskey...Blueskey... Dont make me come kidnap your sister again coz you know what will happen!!! :) NOW BE NICE :)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Bluesky...Blueskey...Blueskey... Dont make me come kidnap your sister again coz you know what will happen!!! :) NOW BE NICE :)
You can't posssibly of heard NetQQcode on vent or you'd realise that WAS nice :D

Amph, you don't wanna see me nasty... well not unless it's an asbestos underpants and a red hot poker incident :D

Vegedk

Fledgling Freddie
Hell i'll add my little story. have no idea what month ect. it was i started playing but was abit after release.

was at a lan party with some irl friends playing the game we all loved so much and hated even more (Counter Strike)

anyway two of my mates where playing daoc there. and i where whineing who the hell would play some stupid game where you where running around beating up snakes and pigs jeez. gimme a big sniper and i'll shoot everything!

anyway after whineing all of the weekend i ended up trying it out.. and shit there went the next 5-6 years of my life..

but the first day!
they where both playing albion so naturly i joined them.
they where playing cleric paladin so i disided to do what i did best copy something that was working.. made a paladin i think stats was like alittle bit in everything.. yes biggest n00b of them all.. and many will agree i still am :p

looked alot up to my friend that was playing a cool 2h paladin with the black sword from lyonesse.. he was called "Larsenor" you all know him alot better as "Fame" the original one.

anyway before i started running around with the this amazeing thing happened.. after createing my briton paladin called "Vegetadk" someone came up to me.. asked me if i where new in the game.. told em yes.. he was deleteing his char so he gave me the 7g he had on him.. i was like... ppl are nice in this game wtf...?!?
but sure enough not alot of whineing back then.. tbh pretty much nothing.. was a great time.. the time where Epic armor ruled the game!
leveling wasn't hard.. after all i was a paladin.. was just so very slow.. but had fun all the time.. so didn't really mind or care for that sake..

what i remember best ect blouderings! was Granddaddy the giant spider near keltroi that eate me the first time i was ventureing there.. after reaching around late 20's i killed him none stop for days as a revenge..!

anyway first rvr exprience.. was defending our relics.. massive armys there so ofc. my pc couldn't handel it.. and i went linkdead.. like so many many many times more.. but was a part of the game :)

never got my first char 50 went hib and made a bard there insted.. called Vegedk was in Eel with Fame at the start ended up in Dark Order where i had my first real grp runs in Rvr.. was good days cept i was a Bard i i got kinda tired of dieing..
So desided to rerole Alb and make a fresh start at the Paladin this time also named Vegedk. after realiseing the paladins could die aswell i named countless chars pve'd like a madman.. until i took a few months break.. (ofc came back)
like most ppl do :p this time as a mincer called Vege got him 50 pretty quick (compared to eayler chars) and ended up in Rising Force where met most of the ppl i still talk with this day.. thowen alltho he'll denay ever knowing me :p was one of the good ones.. prolly most because if anything ever went wrong in grp.. attilas would blame either thowen or me.. mostly thowen tho.. just for the record im the mincer that once sos'd on martoks grp.. but then again when ppl yell inc.. and you see martok who wouldn't try to run away? looks kinda like a troll too..

promissed myself i wouldn't wight alot.. but.. oh well..

/Vege

zenobya

Fledgling Freddie
i started this game by seeing it on a lan cafe (which is the first time i saw a internet based multipe 3d game) and asqed what was it and lalunya(the gimp who showed me the game) this is a nice game wana try and i said yes but what must i do he said just get game adn start her will show you some basic stuf on game and i go and bought the game and opne the game screen i was chking the manuel (which was german even i was understanding alitle bit of it) and saw a clas (friar) only specif to a clas and people(briton) rest of the clases can be any kind of the people msotly so i deceided what ever this is i am gona try this. and made a friar named zenobya when that time str was our main stat made 5 str 10 con 5 dex 10 piety and learned that i am suposed to use a staff the name i used was just like yep i amde right decison couse i suck at melee but stil can melee i suck at healing but can heal and was the frist time i was playing a staf wileder not wizard but wizard like class.started at pk and found lalu around boulders ther was so many players at that time around ther (didnt now was actualy game was newly started at end of october 2001 i started it) and duo to my german based game and my lacking langugage on it was hard ot figure out what was what but around level 9 or 10 my first grops came around at slavers on salisbury where i meet my 2 budys maramar the gimp greek pala and muylaetrix the ice wiz i now first and till not met any other then level 50 my first rvr impresion was at thidranki where i was 21 and get ther once to see why everyoen going ther couse at tha times ther was only 2 ways to find groups /who 20 -24 (my level around) or who /friends to see where they were so i went tehr by asqing to higher levels to fidn the ways and hehe as everygimp did i waited at master visurs pad for mroe then 1 hour why i am not going anywhre but everyone and when i went thid i dont like it at first glimp couse my net was crapy haivng 3 sec delay on the thing what i was doing and think the rest ... also asqed some 50s wasnt that many at that time what is at emain couse when i typ /50 only saw them at emain or dartmoor(till i become level 35 and went cordova didnt now where was dartmoor is even tough i had games map on game box whihc was realy helpful to me to go where i want was opening it and go ther buy foloing compas direciton on game and i remmber my first solo aciton at rvr was on emain when i was 40 or 41 not sure was pased amg to run around aimlesly to see what is hib lands look like and clim a hill(one at right side of amg where some trees were and cna see the mill ahead) i was 3 or 4 man was fighting didnt now what they were at start couse abit far and i was gimp on rvr.. nd went close to ther and saw that ther is a cleric and a pala or arms not sure was fighting with a trol and norsman and when i get down of road cleric was died and norseman was runing away tought that he was dieng too so runing..(didnt now he was a stlehr and gona hide) and when i mang to get into heling range was try to heala pal but trol kiled him and felt that damn was abit late so i charged to trol wsasnt evne paying attention to hi healt which wasa around %10 or 15 and was using my first glowy staf form barrows which ad a crap proc:) even i didnt ahve a clue what was proc is and i charged trol and hit him then proc gone of and trol died and i surpried lol i one shooted trol even i was crapa bout kiling blues(duo to my gimp spec staf healing and smal amount of ench..:)
and after i kil trol stlter atacked me and i was dieing and started runing away but a hib group came dont nwo who were they but 2 of us died instant

Zrawkor

One of Freddy's beloved
i started this game by seeing it on a lan cafe (which is the first time i saw a internet based multipe 3d game) and asqed what was it and lalunya(the gimp who showed me the game) this is a nice game wana try and i said yes but what must i do he said just get game adn start her will show you some basic stuf on game and i go and bought the game and opne the game screen i was chking the manuel (which was german even i was understanding alitle bit of it) and saw a clas (friar) only specif to a clas and people(briton) rest of the clases can be any kind of the people msotly so i deceided what ever this is i am gona try this. and made a friar named zenobya when that time str was our main stat made 5 str 10 con 5 dex 10 piety and learned that i am suposed to use a staff the name i used was just like yep i amde right decison couse i suck at melee but stil can melee i suck at healing but can heal and was the frist time i was playing a staf wileder not wizard but wizard like class.started at pk and found lalu around boulders ther was so many players at that time around ther (didnt now was actualy game was newly started at end of october 2001 i started it) and duo to my german based game and my lacking langugage on it was hard ot figure out what was what but around level 9 or 10 my first grops came around at slavers on salisbury where i meet my 2 budys maramar the gimp greek pala and muylaetrix the ice wiz i now first and till not met any other then level 50 my first rvr impresion was at thidranki where i was 21 and get ther once to see why everyoen going ther couse at tha times ther was only 2 ways to find groups /who 20 -24 (my level around) or who /friends to see where they were so i went tehr by asqing to higher levels to fidn the ways and hehe as everygimp did i waited at master visurs pad for mroe then 1 hour why i am not going anywhre but everyone and when i went thid i dont like it at first glimp couse my net was crapy haivng 3 sec delay on the thing what i was doing and think the rest ... also asqed some 50s wasnt that many at that time what is at emain couse when i typ /50 only saw them at emain or dartmoor(till i become level 35 and went cordova didnt now where was dartmoor is even tough i had games map on game box whihc was realy helpful to me to go where i want was opening it and go ther buy foloing compas direciton on game and i remmber my first solo aciton at rvr was on emain when i was 40 or 41 not sure was pased amg to run around aimlesly to see what is hib lands look like and clim a hill(one at right side of amg where some trees were and cna see the mill ahead) i was 3 or 4 man was fighting didnt now what they were at start couse abit far and i was gimp on rvr.. nd went close to ther and saw that ther is a cleric and a pala or arms not sure was fighting with a trol and norsman and when i get down of road cleric was died and norseman was runing away tought that he was dieng too so runing..(didnt now he was a stlehr and gona hide) and when i mang to get into heling range was try to heala pal but trol kiled him and felt that damn was abit late so i charged to trol wsasnt evne paying attention to hi healt which wasa around %10 or 15 and was using my first glowy staf form barrows which ad a crap proc:) even i didnt ahve a clue what was proc is and i charged trol and hit him then proc gone of and trol died and i surpried lol i one shooted trol even i was crapa bout kiling blues(duo to my gimp spec staf healing and smal amount of ench..:)
and after i kil trol stlter atacked me and i was dieing and started runing away but a hib group came dont nwo who were they but 2 of us died instant

Learn 2 Type. Thanks

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
I like big massive boxes, but i guess u don't:p

Me neither :( I started reading it, and it was kinda interesting, but then my head started hurting after I had to try to understand what it was saying all the time, so I stopped :(

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
Me neither :( I started reading it, and it was kinda interesting, but then my head started hurting after I had to try to understand what it was saying all the time, so I stopped :(

Same problem.

I simply just skip those posts. Its a shame i know..

But its not so hard to make use of all the free space.

Like this.

Meh.

Is

Teh

Win! :clap:

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
wtf, people are still in this thread:p made it fucking ages ago when I was bored.

Isletha

Loyal Freddie
Well I started the game on the first day with isletha what a grind that was playing a ranger!!

joined my fist guild at about level 30 : Blackland Skirmishers - where I met Xest, Gilgalad, and caylan, was the 3rd ranger on the server to hit level 50 in a epic xp group at four fins that just went on for about 4 days spitting out level 50's.

Have way to many PvP experiences to even try to remember my first one :) Though I always remember the ranger groups holding the Albs of at the mile gates :lol: Joined Keepers of the grove and had some great times over the years with them all and then finally I joined NFD and OSHEN was born. And had many a good PvP group and solo carrier for many years and met some great people :cheers:

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
how was your first day in DAoC?
I had watched my partner play a spirit master, but he wouldn't let me mess around with his character, so I made my own on his account when he wasn't about. I wasn't sure what I was doing since was the 1st rpg style game I had ever tried, took me quite awhile to get to grips with even controlling my character about, thinking back I find it kinda funny how bad at playing the game I was. I really miss the earily days to be honest, shame its a one time thing.

who was your first character?
My 1st character was a shadowblade weilding a massive 2hd weapon, was quite a rush sneaking behind someone then BANG a massive hit taking a great deal of the targets health away

was it hard to lvl?
Yes and no, took me a very long time to level my 1st character, quite enjoyed playing it was quite a rush sneaking about on a shadowblade enemies not knowing where I was, felt like giving in a few times when it came to malmo grouping, but a few guildies made me carry on, Porkie Pig, Stomper etc, many thanks to them! :D

tell everyone about your noob days.
Was quite fun earily in the game on Pry, enjoyed chatting a few really cool people, couple mentioned above, and the likes of Azurat, Grivne, Brite, Dyna, and many more.

first time in rvr?
Can only remember some midgard's yelling watch out etc and running away, even tho I was a low level not even ment to be in the zone I went to explore and soon died by an archer hidding behind a tree somewhere. :p

Hope those that are still playing are having some fun in game and out! :)

S

Sephirot

It´s kinda strange, how such a thread is able to survive over 5 years...

Well, i´m gonna try to write soem of my impressions, but be warned, my english became pretty bad after i left daoc, so if u don´t like the bad taste of bad grammar, then don´t read on :)

I started just 2 or 3 days after DAoC released in germany, and tbh, i was 15 or 16, and pretty new to the internet, never played something near to a MMORPG.. and so i arrived at the serverlist, and decided myself for the server "Excalibur", just because i liekd the name.... didnt realize that there were any difference like german and UK servers... so far for the internet greenhorn..

I chose a celt "hero" as my favoured class (and this just because the name was written in italic inside the little booklet (no other were) and celt because the spiky haircut).

I started up in Connla, and it took about 30 minutes until i realized the meaning of green mobs (ownage - just suitable for a hero) and purple ones (well u know what´ve happened when meeting those).

Got a group with some other celts, exp´d till lvl 5, became a hero and then told my group,that i´ve to explore the world, there must be something more... after 5 minutes i found the disband button, and went stricktly south from connla... over the river... then over 1 or 2 hills... and finally encountered a big , dragonlike looking (more or less) salamander (shame on me, dont remember their name, but they were pretty big)... and wiped within seconds...

Well i guess it took me some more hours, to hit TNMbeo were i met Dathnabhair (big one firby bard) and Leek (finally another german dude) and after joining "Na Fianna" and leaving to join "Disciples of the Black Sun" (i was pretty confused by all the guild meanings) Leek convinced me to join his guild called Dreamwalkers... and that was actually one of my better descissions made in online games... since then i had a lot of fun with the guildies Like Leek, Janx, Rath, Panzer, Anegale (i still remember how i overhelmed her with drops from sheeroe hills), Malaganta, Roxanna, Gravedancer etc... and then, on a disastrous day, i met Censimilia... a messed up lurikeen ranger, always rdy to make my day.. aint that right censi? :p

However, i met much more nice guys while leveling in daoc, like Grepwald, Gorbanacht, Fiontan, Laryssa, Elrik (courios, he always wanted my glowing red ez hammer), Kelem, Ola, Palan, Platinum, Biteliten, my old levelgroup.. well way to much to count...

Actually i´m getting sad again, coz it´s true... we won´t ever kill these lunantishees and blacktree´s near tnmbeo for the first time again, yea, but at all the loss of all those friends, as far as u can call ppl in MMO´s friends,
is what rly hurts...

Well my first RvR? Guess its the same experience like 85% of the hibs made too.. We had a bard called Miss, red coned to me, Leek, Malaganta (as 2nd Bard :D) and some others, and Miss knew the way to some "Milegates"... tought: "Milegates, wtf?" and thats how it ended... we didnt even reach AMG, coz a grp of 8, mostly black dyed and mostly purple coned mids just rolled us... hello NP :).

But of all fights i had, theres one i rly remember clearly like it would´ve been yesterday... I was close to Crimt, and about 45/46 (There were barlely like 10 50ishes out there at his time, no ra´s and at all no immunity timer)... and for god´s sake, i hated Alpha (who was 50, or close to). As i stood in front of the Keepgate, Laryssa was just killed by Alpha and so hit the autowalk button, directed to Emain (up the hill between the 2 gorges) while pm´img Laryssa, where Alpha is at. As i arrived up the hill, i was able to see the corpse of Laryssa and he simply pm´d me: "You´re dead^^." At this moment Alpha unstealthed, using his instant dd´s and stun... and started hitting me... usually i werent able to use my glowing ez hammer against Alpha coz he just needed to spam instant stun everytime it was up to stun me another 9 seconds... but surprisingly i restisted his 2nd stun.. so i took out the hammer and started to fight him (i never beat him beaten him before), and resisted the instant stun again... i felt like my head was going to explode, he was on 100% at the first stunresist, while i were on like 30, but parried everything. (max LW, max parry)

and as i got him to 15% (i had like 10% left and i was standing on my office chair, still trying to press the taunt button, shouting at my screen, something like C´mon HIT, OH GOD MISS, YES PARRY!) ... he stunned and mezzed me, then running away... holy mother, i was like on crack, i shaked full of adrenaline...

And once again, it´s sad, never again will i experience such a moment through a game...

Well whatever, this post became pretty long, and could become longer with much more broing stories... but maybe some old guys of exca/hib will look for some memories about this time, and maybe they´ll find this thread, as i did tonite with the same attitude...

Greetings to all of you out there... have a great life and remember on such surrealistic but wonderful days back in DAoC..

So Far

Sephirot aka Pete

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yeah, weird it's been so long since people first tried this game. Makes me sad to think about it now. :(

Started DAoC with a few friends a few days after EU launch, made Edund the polearm armsman which specced abit of slash, crush, shield, parry, polearm and so on. Made <Knights of Stathelle> guild with a bunch of friends. Hattifnatt, Alaron, Galiryn, Aashild, Tarmak and some more... although I don't think all were their first characters.

My first ever RvR experience was teleporting to Emain Macha at level 24 or so, remember seeing a group of First Cohort and Guardians of Light (not all were 50 I think) running together between the gates there. All had guild cloaks and seemed to diciplined soldiers of albion, always wanted to be like them but I was still a puny armsman.

Since I was 17 I did not have VISA and could not pay after the first free month. So Edund stopped at level 26 after soloing bears not far from Catacombs.

After I got VISA, I rerolled cabalist and hit the generate name button. Ended up with Unchron. That stopped at level 17 and I rerolled sorcerer named Uncron as I heard that class was better for levelling (because of mezzing pygmies and such). Joined <Avengers of Pendragon> which I still think is alive in some form today... Names have started to slip now, but I remember Faya, Link, the nice paladin, Machma, Nydelig....

I stopped playing sorc at level 36 due to schooltrip. Went to poland-czech republic-germany and bought SI there. Then rerolled hib and made valewalker and tens of more 50s over the next 4 or so years. Bah, I'm starting to forget now. I have lots of pics from those days somewhere though...

DAoC, best game ever.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
First char:
Started with a few friends and almost didnt make it past day 1. I wanted to play a wiz and picked the mage class as the manual said. I started in camp forrest and spent the next 2 hours trying to cross salisbury planes as a lvl 3. I had no Idea about horses. Ofc I had put points in CHA., it's important peeps like me ;)

At lvl 10(?) I went to select my wiz path and ofc it wasnt available, damn manual. Civy the avalonain Sorc was born.

Spent the next few months lvling with friends and solo in the frontier. It was lvl 32ish when I did my first PuG. I got a tell asking me If I wanted to join a tangler group. Having no idea what a tangler grp was I set out to lyonesse.
Not wanting to look the noob I stood there with the wiz's and they pulled. At this point I should point out I had never used AE mez or root before, so I started off trying to single target mez all 15+ golblins while the grp were saying something about CC ;) 1 wipe later while running back I got a helpful tell from some kind person who saw what happened.

By lvl 34 I could solo and entire goblin tree pull and so began my PLing days. It was around this lvl I decided what was missing was petunia, my buffbot :)

I've played many MMo's since I left DAoC and never felt the same Buzz I got from it. My biggest regret in DAoC was leaving for WoW but I just couldnt find the same thrill from NF that I did in OF.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
I start playing daoc when si was released. The irony was that me and my brother saw the first trailer for wow and we wanted to start another mmo until wow was released :sick:. I searched a bit and found daoc.

My first char was an armsman called Elgalad. My spec was 10 str, 10 con, 5 dex 5 quick i think. I was lucky to meet at my starting levels a few guys that helped me a lot and teach me a few basic things, like how i can sell the loot i was taking from the mobs Oo and earn some gold.

Around level 10 i visited tomb of mithra. I can surely say that i left lots of gravestones there with my name. Around 15-20 i visited salisbury plains and there i met joline and another one that i fail to remember the name right now. They were kind enough to teach me a few more stuff of how to play my arms.

At lvl 20 i joined a group and we decided to go to camp forest. When the group disbanded i decided to solo a bit there and explore the area. I managed to get lost and i had no idea where to go. No /map back then :p.

Around lvl 30 i joined a group and the gl said that we shall go exp on the frontiers. We ported to emain and he told us that when we pass a gate, if we see anyone inc to us we shall spam /beg plently of times and they will not attack us. We tried that ,we passed the gate and when we saw a few red con mobs! inc, before i manage to type /beg i was already exploring the grass quality of emain... By that time i couldnt understand how the hell a few red con mobs managed to 1 shot me. That was the day i first met the players from the opposing realms :)

when i dinged 40 i when to city of aerus (if i remember the name correct) and since then the lvling went kinda fast. At 50 i start rvring, it was almost impossible to find a group so i decided to roll my mighty wizy :p

I miss those days, i miss excalibur and i miss all the friends i made there. Nostalgia sucks , i hate this topic :p

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
first day was back in the days when Beta came out.I just stumbled across this game by accident,I think it was in the beginnning of january 2002.me and a rl friend started it together.constantly phoning eachother about it and trying to find the other guy (I was a dwarf zerk,he was a troll thane) but when I finally managed to get to Galpen we really had shitloads of fun.

no clue what we did back then besides running around and getting killed by everything but it was fun.decided to stick around and got hooked pretty fast...
sshot000.jpg

this was the ony pic I had from that day.took me ages to take a new pic because I had no clue how I did it :D

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
for some reason I can't edit but here's the rest of the story:

my first char was my zerk.played it again when the game went live but in Beta I played with a 2hander en managed to get killed constantly.dual wielding looked fun but I loved my big ass axe...
and for some reason I kept attacking purples :D

rvr wasen't much back then.in emain you had the contstant camping of the frontierkeeps wich wasen't much fun and heavilly mid dominated (I was mid so it wasen't so bad) and the other frontiers were deserted.mid owned everything because they had the leet TL stuff from spindel while the other realms didn't had a high lvl dungeon back then.

only thing I'll never forget is the end of beta event wich rocked.all 3 realms fighting against that big ass monster in emain....
and off course the arachnite invasion in galpen but I doubt anyone will remember that.was the first try to get a decent event but it just ended up with every noob getting killed until all the high lvl players showed up and killed them...end of event... :p

anyway,I played shitloads of games after this but never got the same feel...maybe because I was to used to mmorpgs (this was my first one) or maybe because all the other games had crap pvp...dunno,but I steel feel nostalgic when I look at the screens... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom