Your favourite thing about daoc is?

P

pudzy

Well mine, I personally don't like 1fg vs 1fg much.. unless im a support class. I don't like stealther zerging either tbh, but it has to be done to make rp's, no! So my favourite thing is attacking or defending keeps, admitedly the crappest time for most tanks, but ranged classes in these situations are teh fun! every good rvr moment I can think of where I've properly had alot of fun has been around keeps, I think I'm the only one tbh, I wanted to create a guild specifically for taking keeps, but in Mid everyone wanted normal rvr and in alb, I don't know anyone :p. I do miss these sort's of things, I remember b4 resists when Cabalist AEDoT pwned me and I whined like a whore cos i was behing hit for 206 per tick, only problem I'm seeing in daoc which coonicides with my view on keep taking is that some classes have been totally rejected from daoc o tmake 'ubah' groups.. matter cabbys obviousely a great example, from best char to have in a zerg to last person to want in a seriouse rvr situation, frankly casters are being shagged, and getting worse soon with debuff timer nerfs. So back to my pointas I went off whining then :p, attacking or defending a keep if my personal favourite situation, long lasting rvr and fun imo :p.

O

old.Bubble

RvR

Its the reason why i play it instead of everquest

L

Lochlyessa

poor klav :p

but RvR is the reason I play daoc, over something like.. brood war :x Play for fun, and having challenging fights = fun. However atm, the only real challenge is predicting which mid group will add first, second and third, so I'm not rvring much :p

O

old.Gombur Glodson

The favorite things _were_ the people ;o

Tbh I don't think all the fights and things I've done would have been the same with different people ;o

C

cerbie

I like the team play both in RVR and PVE.

But I like to take keeps and defend them too, shall we go together Pudzy??

K

katzeyez

The people make or break a game for me...and I've been playing this one a long time.

However, I have loved the current goings on in the middie frontiers atm thanks to all the hibbies and albs that have come on keep taking rampages and then stayed to defend them! Of course beno's almost always good fun as well. I have never and likely will never been a fan of emain, it just seems rather pointless.

Givf more keep taking/defense. Agree with Pudzy, loadsa fun, even as a tank, carry a catapult! :)

S

speshneeds

gotta say i quite enjoy the keep taking aspect of it, also like to solo/duo with my scout.

Respecced my Cleric to rejuv and played it for a bit, sucked...

unless your in a fotm grp then you might aswell not bother, being farmed by mid fg + adds just sucks (on a similar note its bloody annoying when a SB uncovers you after waiting for a fg mids to turn up and then runs away (ie Hatsim) )

so cleric is back to BB and the scout is back out.

But yeh, albies could do with taking some more keeps on a regular basis i reckon ;) might pull mids outta emain :p

M

~Mobius~

I used to enjoy leveling, with my first char. Once I hit 50 RvR'ed some then just played through lack of anything else to do. Mainly just to speak to friends and stuff.

L

leviathane

Originally posted by Twaize
I hate dueling... Cos I suck at it...
make a nice reaver for alb dueling, get it sc'ed and few nice ra's and your sorted.

G

GrivneKelmorian

RvR.

Only reason to play it imo. Along with Rowena. :)

P

pudzy

Originally posted by Cami
i play it because of pudz :(

/hugs Cami :<

Cerbie you know I would but I had to move to Alb, before Durgi found out abotu us! :)

Jenna your so bitter when you've had no pie's :(

T

Teren

necros \o/

i just love the necro class :)
not 'coz it can pl me, i just love the class

L

lakih

I play it for the nice scenery, good friends, therapy and cus i still think its fun :p

S

Shike

I dunno, after having played daoc for quite some time now and I play alot, I still enjoy it :)

I've admittedly done shitloads of PvE and not too much RVR yet so trying to improve in RVR atm mostly, I still find PVE kinda fun if there lies a challenge in it and if it isnt huge raids that take 10 hours (Galla zzzzzz), small groups taking on badassmobs is fun though :)

Ofc friends matter alot aswell, what would it be without a nice guild filled with nice people except boring? :)

I'm spending loads of time on daoc as a whole both ingame/outgame (?) and always have done and probably will for another year maybe, TOA looks promising imo and I do hope Myhic manages to balance out RVR abit more with frontiers. Its tedious as is atm and circulates too much around RAs for my liking, dont misunderstand me, I am the kinda guy who loved "powerups" in the old arcadegames and like the concept with RAs, but they matter too much atm.

All in all, what matters absolutely most in DAoC imo is the guild you are in. Not to win every fight. A good guild working together towards a goal is something I at least enjoy the most.

C

cerbie

Pudzy are you in alb/pryd lol :D

I have a char on hib/pryd /level 20, and we have been hunting in Cruachan, was great fun to see it from the otherside, but no mid turned up :(

Come and visit us :D

J

Jaem

the social side of the game, and also the thrill of when I kill someone in the other realm :>

A

Ardrias_Mid

Winning against overwhelming odds was fun.
Last few months was just for talking to old friends, but most had already quit so...
Log on, empty friendslist, log out.
IRC fills the need that DAoC did, and I dont have to pay a monthly fee.

K

Kahland

I play daoc so i can get rr10 and get respect irl. you know, the more rp you have, the cooler you are.

rvr.

Users who are viewing this thread