You, your class and PvP

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
Any warlock acheived higher than Standing 15 on their server? :D
Standing dont meen shit fyi its only lastweeks amount of farming its for you/server/side.

On stormscale lastweek horde yuber warlock was #1 with 88k honor lastweek.
:p hope that helps.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
I think it sux you can get so high so fast by just leeching kills from zerg

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Well ive done most of my cp away from hillsbrad :) I Primarily pvp around Chillwind and Lights Hope Chapel. Was just wondering since it seems people think warlocks are a weak pvp class, when in fact they are far from (SL specced warlock is an excellent soloer, able to kill most rogues that think him an easy target f.ex - think ive gotten about a third of my cp from silly rogues).

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Well ive done most of my cp away from hillsbrad :) I Primarily pvp around Chillwind and Lights Hope Chapel. Was just wondering since it seems people think warlocks are a weak pvp class, when in fact they are far from (SL specced warlock is an excellent soloer, able to kill most rogues that think him an easy target f.ex - think ive gotten about a third of my cp from silly rogues).

When I two/three-shot Warlocks I'm getting the feeling they are weak. It might have been that they are all newbies but taking off 50+% with an Ambush means they'll die anyhow.

Release Voidy -> Fear? - Trinket, Blind, Stealth etcetc.

There is nó way a Rogue should loose from a Warlock one on one.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Mages rock in pvp until you get zerged to shit by coward rogues who can't attack you solo. xD

Though i do not like the uncalled for resist nerf this patch...

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
exponentiaL said:
When I two/three-shot Warlocks I'm getting the feeling they are weak. It might have been that they are all newbies but taking off 50+% with an Ambush means they'll die anyhow.

Release Voidy -> Fear? - Trinket, Blind, Stealth etcetc.

There is nó way a Rogue should loose from a Warlock one on one.

The way it usually goes when a rogue jumps me:

I get stunned - when i come out of stun i hit SoulLink (50% damage i take goes to my pet, i pvp with felhunter that has around 2700 hits, it can also heal itself for around 500 if it eats a magical effect from someone) - i have 4047 hits unbuffed, if ive lost too much ill use healthstone to heal myself for 1440hits. Then i fear the rogue and dot it so that it cant vanish - if trinket is used i re-fear - pet is chewing on rogue in the meantime - use other dot and immolate if i can maintain distance - kite rogue and fear if he sprints - if i get low again ill use deathcoil (around 500dmg insta dd that gives me the life it takes) or a pot - if i have plenty of life and rogue is getting low ill use my 1.5 sec fire dd that i can cast with 50% uninteruptability thanks to pvp gear :) If its a really tight fight ill use the pets that Barov Peasent Caller grants (3 low health fasthitting pets, 10 min reuse) for some extra damage.

Usually works on solo rogues, if there are two ill die horribly ^^

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks are underrated, theyre great pvp classes.

Remember everyone said druid suck at pvp at the start of wow? :p

Underrated classes get on top of the foodchain now! (except for hunters, they s00k!!!)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Warlocks are -not- a great PvP class. If they are highly specced in demonology they will be okay at 1v1's, but they will suck - and I mean really suck - in Tarren Mill type fights. I know this because I used to be a soul-link warlock. With high demonology spec you lack any talent bonuses to your spell range, so the only targets you can nuke have to be very close to you indeed. Plus when you are on instance runs you are a sub-par contributor with dots that get overwritten because of the 8 magical effect limit on the mobs.

Not every warlock has 4,000+ hp, only ones with the patience/time to raid and get the better gear. My warlock is equipped with average stuff and has about 3.2k hp or so, which is what most warlocks average out at.

And as for Fana's post -- I smell hyperbole' of the highest order. You maybe able to kill crap rogues, but ones that know what they are doing will keep you stunlocked and unable to cast a damn thing. You'll be dead before you can even cast a spell.

Warlocks used to be pretty good in 1v1's if specced right, and with high demonology they can still be passable against some classes, but the days of taking 3-4 at the same time etc with fear are long gone. Unlike the other caster class we have no escape spells of any kind, our dots can be wiped by a number of classes and we lack high damage instacast spells. Add to that the continual nerfage to fear and seduce and warlocks as a class are in a bad way.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Evoknox said:
I think it sux you can get so high so fast by just leeching kills from zerg

haha i have seen u in the "zerg" Jealous? :touch:

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
Not every warlock has 4,000+ hp, only ones with the patience/time to raid and get the better gear. My warlock is equipped with average stuff and has about 3.2k hp or so, which is what most warlocks average out at.
Um that's pretty gimp. Most mages have that sort of HP and we don't get +hp talents like warlocks (not to mention far less stamina on our class sets).

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
Warlocks are -not- a great PvP class. If they are highly specced in demonology they will be okay at 1v1's, but they will suck - and I mean really suck - in Tarren Mill type fights. I know this because I used to be a soul-link warlock. With high demonology spec you lack any talent bonuses to your spell range, so the only targets you can nuke have to be very close to you indeed. Plus when you are on instance runs you are a sub-par contributor with dots that get overwritten because of the 8 magical effect limit on the mobs.

And as for Fana's post -- I smell hyperbole' of the highest order. You maybe able to kill crap rogues, but ones that know what they are doing will keep you stunlocked and unable to cast a damn thing. You'll be dead before you can even cast a spell.

Warlocks used to be pretty good in 1v1's if specced right, and with high demonology they can still be passable against some classes, but the days of taking 3-4 at the same time etc with fear are long gone. Unlike the other caster class we have no escape spells of any kind, our dots can be wiped by a number of classes and we lack high damage instacast spells. Add to that the continual nerfage to fear and seduce and warlocks as a class are in a bad way.

While its true we Daemonology warlocks perform worse in zergfight, thats fine with me as i like to solo or duo :) I dont go to Tarren unless there is nothing to fight in the plaguelands/winterspring/ungoro/otherhighlevel-areas etc (Also I dont enjoy 10 sec screenfreezes which i come out of dead with 15 alliance doing /spit and /laugh at my corpse).

My point is just that warlocks can do good in pvp, and to my mind is great fun to play. Also, i love beeing different (SL specced orc warlock for the win) :p And its not just crap rogues that fall ;) With felhunter paranoia many rogues wont even get the chanse to jump me - ive taken on and beaten the highest ranked rogues on my server repetedly - again, all im saying is that warlocks are far from crap.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Oh yeah, you don't need "uber loots" to have decent hp really, just use green "eagle" gear - it has stamina and int and is easily obtainable and ideal for PvPing casters.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
"Easily obtainable" is a moot point. What one person can do easily with their guild or friends another person does not have the resources to do the same. Personally I don't even particularly like playing my 'lock after all the nerfs we have had (seduce, fear, curse of tongues to name but three).

However having checked my warlocks stats, she has 3.5k hp unbuffed and if I switch around items, dropping +crit and +damage gear, she gets up to about 3.8k hp.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
You can solo for eagle gear, or buy it off the auction house. It's not exactly rare loot (hence bening green not blue or purple). Most people get several pieces of it naturally through levelling. I don't think expecting people to wear equipment is unreasonable given the style of game WoW is.

It's all about trade-offs - you said yourself you sacrifced HP and hence a measure of survivability for more damage. That's your choice to make, but if you do that you will have less survivability. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
My best been standing 3 for the week rest been top 10 , this week better be No2 and yes is possible with dis speced priest.

Eihwaz

Fledgling Freddie
I'd just like to add my little oppinion on warlocks in here.

I play a Level 60 warlock. I've tried close to any specc possible and personally no matter how you look at it I feel forced to go Soul Link. There is no way i can even live long enough to deal damage when I don't have soul link up. I have something around 5k hitpoints unbuffed i'm wearing quite decent gear and still playing my warlock feels like I might as well be scenery.

Some points of critisms:

* Shards : DIE DIE DIE !!! AArarrrrrrrghhh !! I hate shards for pvp, imo just remove them from the game it sucks bleh and QQ

* Walocks are broken : A warlock is the only class in game that really comes accros as totally unfinished. When they released the game they must have though something like :' the player won't notice...We'll give them some demons to play with wich is cool ' . Stuff that fall under this is our lack or save abilities. The warlock class started out in warcraft as a class that could wear Leather. This combined with out lifetapping abilities should give us the needed survivability... But somehow this was deemed overpowered and nerfed. They gave us cloth, but didn't adjust the lifetaps and stuff along with it.
They gave us the 'detect Invisibility' buff to help out the people we buff with it to be able to find people using invis. Pretty much the only thing this is good for now is seeing another warlocks succubus as mages had invisibility removed for a long time.
Summoning and Infernal/Doomguard is not even funny as it breaks quite fast and the pets comes back to you and eats you... (this is going ot be adressed in next patch)
Improved healthstone talent is broken.

Some recently implemented stuff is the Fear trinket AND seduce nerf. 1 of these would have been enough for the class to become less fear dependant. Fear and Seduce is the only thing I can think of that can save my life and yet they killed it totally.

As for the class now.

As a destruction warlock you will die on nearly anyone that knows how to play their class. You have close to no survivablity and rely on fear and seduce to deal your massive DPS. All classes can counter now.

As an Affliction specc you will be able to kite people while using DOTs and fear if things get close. Mages can dispel curse and will kick your ass bad if your not carefull, but you have nice chances of surivival on everything except rogues who will stunlock and kill you as you trinket doesn't remove stun.

As a Demonology specc you will outskill almost any class in game by your huge amount of HP they have to take out, your DPS will be up to par with an affliction warlock and if you use your fellhunter your pet will be able to live most of the time aswel. Although people with the right class and skill can still kill you.

------------------

The only reason I keep playing my lock is cause of the imaginary challenge i link to it. Also Blizzard seems to be working on it as we can see from the warlock boards. Though I don't think the upcomming changes will make the class that uber =)

------------------

I will not deny that you can just dot everything that moves and rake up kills though, but i just don't think leaching is how i want pvp to be for me.

warlock vs others => :touch:
others vs warlock => :twak:

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
102782 k last week :worthy: I got no clue how tho and still only standing 4 last week , standing 1 a warrior no class is gimped for farming cp.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Standing 11, 53685 cp last week, rank 8. Soullink all the way^^

All the other high ranked warlocks keep telling me to respec to a less "gimped" spec - funny thing is im the highest standing warlock on the server for 2 weeks now.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
The last week CP is bugged. It lists like 50374 times more CP than you actually got :p

I got 32K with just over 1K kills, and i only made like 500 or so this week

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
Standing 11, 53685 cp last week, rank 8. Soullink all the way^^

All the other high ranked warlocks keep telling me to respec to a less "gimped" spec - funny thing is im the highest standing warlock on the server for 2 weeks now.
Quite a lot of people consider anything but the spec they themselves use as "gimped". Funny how other specs seem to work just fine for others, must be user malfunction.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
jajajaja XD rank 11 standing 2 bit delayed :flame: :flame:

serious give more ranks or nothing to aim for.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Zapsi said:
jajajaja XD rank 11 standing 2 bit delayed :flame: :flame:

serious give more ranks or nothing to aim for.
We aren't all born with the 'one-eyed-with-a-beard-dorfeliteness like you. ;(

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
met the no1 on alliance dragonmaw t'other day.
a shadow priest. 1stly this person so has to be unemployed found them being on pretty much all the time like i am when not working. no idea how they got so many hk + cp tbh. didnt think there would be enough enemies for them to get 20000cp in 1days pvp as thier yesterdays stats showed.
but the blue set of priest pvp gear does look darn cool.
oh met a warrior wearing almost full blue set of pvp gear which looks well sweet imo.
sure i've seen SS but it looks so much kooler when ur stood by the person.
as for me fear my 800+standing. (im only ickle 48 :p)

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
20k a day auch I hear thats posssible for rogues or atleast was on my server.
Just not enuff people to kill if u group to get 20k with the disminising cp return. To many doing PvE and impossible to kill them all b4 they head of to 5 hours mc .

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Eihwaz said:
Mages can dispel curse and will kick your ass bad if your not carefull, but you have nice chances of surivival on everything except rogues who will stunlock and kill you as you trinket doesn't remove stun.

Yes why doesn't the trinket remove stun, quote 'removes _all_ polymorph, fear and stun effects'
even when u use the tricket it says 'cant use while stunned'
FFS blizzard get your terminology right, its just like the (yeah im gonna mention it again *yawn*) shackle undead doesn't work on undead (players) because they aren't undead i mean wtf? (yes i know they are forsaken, thats why they use WoTF)

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Lakashnik said:
met the no1 on alliance dragonmaw t'other day.
a shadow priest.

Afaik the #1 alliance on Bloodscalp (or at least was last week) is a shadow priest too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom