You, your class and PvP

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Gat_Decor said:
Yes why doesn't the trinket remove stun, quote 'removes _all_ polymorph, fear and stun effects'
even when u use the tricket it says 'cant use while stunned'
FFS blizzard get your terminology right, its just like the (yeah im gonna mention it again *yawn*) shackle undead doesn't work on undead (players) because they aren't undead i mean wtf? (yes i know they are forsaken, thats why they use WoTF)

not all stuns are counted as stuns or something. some are counted as movement impairing effects.
and dont confuse the trinkets. i know ur mains a priest not sure if ur meaning his trinket... but afaik priest trinkets are "removes all polymorph, fear and charm effects"
or maybe im entirely wrong. or u could just be talking about a different trinket. either way. things like kidney shot i think is a movement impairing effect, where as cheap shot is a stun. or maybe other way around. tbh i cant remember for poopy which is which. but yes it does make blizzard seem like a bunch of ass beloinkers.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Gat_Decor said:
Yes why doesn't the trinket remove stun, quote 'removes _all_ polymorph, fear and stun effects'
even when u use the tricket it says 'cant use while stunned'
FFS blizzard get your terminology right, its just like the (yeah im gonna mention it again *yawn*) shackle undead doesn't work on undead (players) because they aren't undead i mean wtf? (yes i know they are forsaken, thats why they use WoTF)
Trinkets are class specific, your priest trinket may remove stun, but not all of them do:

Insignia of the Alliance
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Classes: Warlock
Requires Corporal
Use: Dispels all Charm, Fear and Polymorph effects.
Cooldown: 5 min

Warlocks cannot remove stun.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Lakashnik said:
not all stuns are counted as stuns or something. some are counted as movement impairing effects.
or maybe im entirely wrong. or u could just be talking about a different trinket. either way. things like kidney shot i think is a movement impairing effect, where as cheap shot is a stun. or maybe other way around. tbh i cant remember for poopy which is which. but yes it does make blizzard seem like a bunch of ass beloinkers.
Both kidney shot and cheap shot are true stuns and are breakable.
Not all stuns are breakable though. Break on damage "stuns" such as gouge, sap and frost trap are not breakable with a trinket. They aren't movement impairing effects though. :p

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
Both kidney shot and cheap shot are true stuns and are breakable.
Not all stuns are breakable though. Break on damage "stuns" such as gouge, sap and frost trap are not breakable with a trinket. They aren't movement impairing effects though. :p

Hence me saying they should get their terminology correct, i.e. 'cannot use while sapped/gouged' blah blah

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
All the other high ranked warlocks keep telling me to respec to a less "gimped" spec - funny thing is im the highest standing warlock on the server for 2 weeks now.

Maybe rank is more dependant on time invested rather than talent spec , just maybe

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone can gain ranks in WoW Pvp by simply farming HK's at Southshore/Tarren Mill. Same as in DAOC tbh. If some people want to farm HKs there all day good luck to em - bores me fucking stupid though.

(Disclaimer no I aint saying you farm HKs in a zerg, just that rank isn't always a given indicator of someone's pvp skill.)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Xtro said:
Anyone can gain ranks in WoW Pvp by simply farming HK's at Southshore/Tarren Mill. Same as in DAOC tbh. If some people want to farm HKs there all day good luck to em - bores me fucking stupid though.

(Disclaimer no I aint saying you farm HKs in a zerg, just that rank isn't always a given indicator of someone's pvp skill.)

Aye, except farming CPS is a hell of a lot easier in WOW.

We have one rogue on our server who's there when I log on in the afternoon, and there when I go to bed at 1-2AM. He practically lives in hillsbrad

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
SilverHood said:
Aye, except farming CPS is a hell of a lot easier in WOW.

We have one rogue on our server who's there when I log on in the afternoon, and there when I go to bed at 1-2AM. He practically lives in hillsbrad

Hmm atleast on my server none of the Hillsbrad campers are even in top 10.
Doubt u can do 10k + being in TM>< SS a day is the same people over and over and u will get added on 80 % of fights and not get full cp. but ofc cant say how the other servers work.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Zapsi said:
Hmm atleast on my server none of the Hillsbrad campers are even in top 10.
Doubt u can do 10k + being in TM>< SS a day is the same people over and over and u will get added on 80 % of fights and not get full cp. but ofc cant say how the other servers work.

Hmm, how big is your SS/TM zerg?

This is what ours looks like most days:
http://www.lank-fu.com/SSTMzerg.jpg

On Shadowmoon / Horde, the two top people are a mage, and a rogue, who both do all their PvP in hillsbrad.
Last week's 3rd 4th 5th and 6th are also Hillsbraders, though they PvP elsewhere too.
I know 7th 8th and 9th hardly ever go to hillsbrad. I'm 10th, and I get my CPs in hillsbrad and in WPL by chillwind point (around that area).

To be honest, I'd rather get my CPS in hillsbrad, than by ganking Xp'ers or farmers. Or ambushing people going to Blackrock mountain.
Once we get BG's, it should hopefully be a lot better :)

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Looks the same :wij: but hitting somebody 30 other people are is not gonna give u much. Prob work out if 1 side is allways alot less but skullcrusher seems very balanced.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Ah, that could be it, we're usually outnumbered 2:1, 3:1 sometimes, and if there's MC raidsjust finished, they tend to pile into hillsbrad too, making it 4:1.

Target rich environment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom