You may think i'm nuts .. but i find necro very group friendly

S

Staan

Yeah tbh, i find necro to be very useful in any PvE groups, shame so many necro just like to farm/xp alone (like all seals for meh:!).

Grouped with some peeps, i was a real power battery, no down time. Clerc could heal at will, as well the ice wiz could pbaoe every pull, add this MCL :) it was really great.

Also the necro armor debuff, the melee tanks where doing twice their usual dmg on the mobs.

Hope i'll find more peeps to group with my necro :) its real fun. And i hate soloing i reach boredome level very fast :(

P

Pin

Of course they are great in a PvE group.... Shame the rest of the group was slowing them down by a factor of 3 though.

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by Pin
Of course they are great in a PvE group.... Shame the rest of the group was slowing them down by a factor of 3 though.

Lol. :D

No... from 45+ It is actually faster in a Taskers group in AC or something... Necromancers are very group friendly but they seem to have that aura around them like the Infiltrators and Scouts. I was actually in a group of 7, we needed a Cleric... A Cleric joins, notices me and says "I can't join this group, it has a Necro in it"... and leaves. I don't know if he was role playing or what but :rolleyes:. During my time so far in AC the few Ice Wizards/ Clerics that have grouped with myself recently have come to know that they can rely on me for power, as of such I am actually very useful in a group.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Ekydus
No... from 45+ It is actually faster in a Taskers group in AC or something... Necromancers are very group friendly but they seem to have that aura around them like the Infiltrators and Scouts. I was actually in a group of 7, we needed a Cleric... A Cleric joins, notices me and says "I can't join this group, it has a Necro in it"... and leaves. I don't know if he was role playing or what but :rolleyes:. During my time so far in AC the few Ice Wizards/ Clerics that have grouped with myself recently have come to know that they can rely on me for power, as of such I am actually very useful in a group.

The exp 45+ on my Necro was much faster than 45+ on my Ice Wizard. And that's even after discounting the added time required for setting up groups and finding replacement people once a group is set up. I even had halved-exp on my necro by being grouped with my Reaver for the whole time.

The only benefit there is for joining a good pbae group is it's more fun than soloing.

Oh, and the Cleric was probably incompetent and didn't like finding the pet to heal him, etc...

S

Sibanac

margo, yes i think you are nuts and yes necro's are group friendly

O

old.Ramas

the Cleric was probably incompetent and didn't like finding the pet to heal him

Personally, I always suspected that the pain-in-the-ass-to-heal-necro-pets thing was put in specifcally to make clerics hate necros in line with the story.

It works to an extent, particularly on large raids. (I once joined a pick up group on a sidi raid which consisted of 5 necros, a merc, and a reaver who did not understand that auras = bad inside sidi - now that really sucked)

But in xp groups infinite mana outweighs annoying targetting by far.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by nope
Yeah tbh, i find necro to be very useful in any PvE groups, shame so many necro just like to farm/xp alone (like all seals for meh:!).

Grouped with some peeps, i was a real power battery, no down time. Clerc could heal at will, as well the ice wiz could pbaoe every pull, add this MCL :) it was really great.

Also the necro armor debuff, the melee tanks where doing twice their usual dmg on the mobs.

Hope i'll find more peeps to group with my necro :) its real fun. And i hate soloing i reach boredome level very fast :(

I generally dont group my necro with anybody for the reason Pin explained, tbh I dont find grps that can keep up with the necro , I only PL with him now, think hes on almost 8bubs into 50, he has PL's 2 infils to 50, 1 to 46, 6 chars to 24, 1 Thuerg to 43ish.

Quite simply he rocks.

Its a fine line as to whether I AF debuff, it wastes power for the most part and generally only do it if I have a live player with me and they dont want to be left out :)

Think he has got Wild Power 3 now and the crits are awesome.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Pin
The exp 45+ on my Necro was much faster than 45+ on my Ice Wizard. And that's even after discounting the added time required for setting up groups and finding replacement people once a group is set up. I even had halved-exp on my necro by being grouped with my Reaver for the whole time.

The only benefit there is for joining a good pbae group is it's more fun than soloing.

Oh, and the Cleric was probably incompetent and didn't like finding the pet to heal him, etc...

I agree.

I defy anybody to level faster than 2 Necros together with a high enhance cleric as a bot, I used my lvl 44 (at the time) cleric with high int buffs and the dmg output was great, the other necro and I cut through lvl 8 to 45 in no time, in fact the only reason mine took so long is that AF debuffs in RVR are pure class :) I loved watching Zerkers run away when you took shed loads of AF off them, so I did too much RVR.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by -frostor-
think i did 45-50 in 3days irl

Same, mine was pretty quick.

I eevn managed to get from 49.5 to 50 in 3-4 hrs with bad lag and constantly dropping connections.

O

old.m0000

the problem i found is like pin said

a) i could get faster xp solo
b) if grp was killing purples, my resist rates for powertap were thru the roof.

E

Ekydus

Speed Decrease and AF Debuff are fun to use in RvR. :)

K

kirennia

what I REALLY dont get is why necros arent used in RvR more, they simply rock.

Cleric
Cleric
Sorc
Pala
2hand arms
merc
friar
Necro

Perfect Alb RvR group, why it isn't used more I don't know

that 15 second AF debuff over doubles all melee damage you do on people. Every seen a cleric hit a lvl 50 hero with 26% crush resist for 300 damage in melee with high quickness?

Ever seen 2handers doing on a similar target, 700 damage+?

Perfect group, literally.....

Only problems are the damn LoS issues but if/when they get fixed, necros will be fantastic in RvR again with a proper group doing /assist...ooh and the lack of a mincer might be a problem I guess :p If only alb had healers in their realm and we would be able to do that group but much better :/

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Ekydus
Lol. :D

Was faster soloing with friar and AF-debuffing with necro bot, than grouping at taskers in AC. Soloing with AFdebuffbot/powertransfer-slave was about as fast as actually pulling with the necro.

P

Pin

Originally posted by kirennia
Only problems are the damn LoS issues but if/when they get fixed, necros will be fantastic in RvR again with a proper group doing /assist...

and that CC lasts full duration on the pet and no purge, etc.

getting a casted mezz on the pet and being unable to do anything at all for over a minute kinda spoils things too.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Was faster soloing with friar and AF-debuffing with necro bot, than grouping at taskers in AC. Soloing with AFdebuffbot/powertransfer-slave was about as fast as actually pulling with the necro.

Hmm...thats actually a pretty cool idea. :)

M

medowind

Fastest pl is a buffbotted servant spec necro/insert class to be pled here ;p

they are group friendly and can really give a boost to groups in pve, the problem is as stated is necros can both pull and kill faster by themselves in relative safety and seeing as how grouping does not raise the exp cap you just pull slower for less exp (in theory)

Af debuff is nice anything that has tanks on it when its cast will just about outright die,

Main problem is with the zerg mentality, I would not get rp using the af debuff unless I was assisting tanks in a group, (getting a group is hard) even then I would have to be unmessed and not nearsighted,

I know its hard to know the status of necromancers because the pet doesn’t show in the mini bar only its health does, so I think I might have to make lots of spammable macros,

G

Glottis_Xanadu

what I REALLY dont get is why necros arent used in RvR more, they simply rock.

There are several issues with the necro right now, preventing it from being any good tbh. Once the pet is mezzed, or stunned, it will be so for the full duration of the mezz/stun (root is fine, you can still cast :) ). Very annoying, as most mezzes last 1 minute or so, and most fights will be over then. I believe you can even remezz the pet, just like a regular mob.. start feeling the pain I guess :)
2nd reason is none of the good RA's work on the necro, such as moc or purge, also very annoying.
So while a necro pet kicks ass, this will only be as long as the is not mezzed.
Regards, Glottis

B

belth

Sure necro can always release & resummon... But when the pet's fully buffed by a bot (which happens to be on the other side of the zone), you really don't want to do that :(

F

-frostor-

Originally posted by medowind
Fastest pl is a buffbotted servant spec necro/insert class to be pled here ;p

servant ?

B

belth

Servant>sight spec at tanglers. Propably >matter cabby too. Next patch needed for proper farming/PL there though.

J

Jergiot

Only problems are the damn LoS issues but if/when they get fixed, necros will be fantastic in RvR again with a proper group doing /assist...ooh and the lack of a mincer might be a problem I guess :p If only alb had healers in their realm and we would be able to do that group but much better :/

and the fact that pet is mezzed for like 2 years right?

M

medowind

Servant the way to a buffbotted future ;p

And all it needs is the necro + buffbot and with the new heal proc firing off all the time the little blighters kill themselves on the rather nasty damage shield (after taking sufficient pbaoe damage) ;p

Apparently......

Glad to see the news about necro pets taking full duration of messes and stuns is getting around,

Not to mention no immunity timer on the pet either for anything,

Roots, just switch to passive and that form of cc doesn’t work. (if that’s called bug abuse then so is messing the pet, you hear me god damn hibs and mids)

A

Antedeluvian

Who cares if pet becomes rooted?, better even, the fucking moronic thing sumtimes becomes mad and run to melee anyway, so welcome the root :).
Ahhh if mythic will fix the LoS and purge/moc bugs...

I

ilienwyn

Since pet works like a mob a nice way to bypass CC would be to have pet a little wounded the way mobs resist cc after they take some damage. Hard though to keep a pet at around 80% health to be immune to CC

K

kirennia

aye, forgot to mention about the mezz issue :/ Is nasty but next patch (99% sure) purge transfers to the pet which is nice although its only for once every 30 minutes. The other times, run away, hide behind a tree and recast the pet ;) As for buffbotted pets ....:rolleyes: I know it's not as simple as what I'm saying but the AF debuff still hasn't properly be used over here and as far as I can see, would be a nice thing to try with a regular group, /assist and a high RR necro (if such a thing exists :p)

Users who are viewing this thread