You locked the thread!!!!

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Heh, believe me I wouldn't ever want to mod this, or any forum, you're always going to piss people off, however a little common sense goes a long way...

/me points at Will

I think as his poll shows, an overwhelming proportion of people are fine with the pictures, within reason. OK so someone has to decide what is within reason and what isn't, and that's where conflict occurs.

My issue is simply that in this case a thread was closed on grounds of quality.

Not because it was offensive, or racist, or illegal, or breaching copywrites, or any other legitimate reasons for locking a thread.

The thread was locked because in a very few peoples minds it was a crap thread. So the mods are now going to be the thought police for all of us who aren't considered bright enough to decide if we want to look at a thread or not?

If the pictures were overspilling into more sensible threads and disrupting genuine, serious discussions, then sure, ban the perp for a bit until he learns his lesson. But please don't start closing threads because they are a bit pants, otherwise we'll be down to one or two threads a week, that simply won't be worth logging in to catch up on.

Meg, I realise that it may seem I am moaning about mods just as a whole new bunch have started, and it's not coincidence. It does seem that on the two occasions I've seen moderation being used in the General forum since the change, that it has been heavy handed and unnecessary. Far be it from me to suggest that a newly empowered mod might want to lay down a marker and say, 'look at my new whizzo powers!!'.

I think you'd do well to look at Will's style of moderation over the last couple of years and take some lessons from that. He has the balance just right in my opinion, indeed to such an extent I bet a lot of people didn't even realise he was a mod all this time.

Either that or did I miss FH being taken over by some corporate GAMEs selling Boutique over the last couple of weeks, necessitating a whole new approach to how we all behave... Horrible feeling of deja vu here.

Well done if you made it through all that btw :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Gumbo said:
Meg, I realise that it may seem I am moaning about mods just as a whole new bunch have started, and it's not coincidence. It does seem that on the two occasions I've seen moderation being used in the General forum since the change, that it has been heavy handed and unnecessary. Far be it from me to suggest that a newly empowered mod might want to lay down a marker and say, 'look at my new whizzo powers!!'.

I think you'd do well to look at Will's style of moderation over the last couple of years and take some lessons from that. He has the balance just right in my opinion, indeed to such an extent I bet a lot of people didn't even realise he was a mod all this time.

Either that or did I miss FH being taken over by some corporate GAMEs selling Boutique over the last couple of weeks, necessitating a whole new approach to how we all behave... Horrible feeling of deja vu here.
I'm gonna keep it simple for my ease and so you don't have to read me ramble
  1. I've modded the consoles section for ages (from way back on Barry's when I suggested it with someone else iirc). In there my style is simply "if its shit, it goes" and it works cos the peeps that post there are cool with that.
  2. Heavy handed... well I'd say that's your perception and slightly exadurated when we're talking about 2 threads. For my part, with the other thread (the link one) that I spoke up in, I was trying to be different about things from the way I use the modstick in the Consoles section. Basically I figured if I just edited posts in General you'd all throw a shitstorm, pretty much like what's happening. In future I guess I'll just mod on the basis, if ya don't know, ya can't moan (NB: not meant personally).
  3. I think Will is an exceptional mod. If I recall his choice was based upon mass support of a lot of the "old boys" who remebered what having no moderation was like. But I can't mod like him because I'm not him, soz.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm not directing this at anyone personally, but saying "don't look at the threads you don't like" is just retarded, obtuse and inflammatory.

If I want to be equally cock-like, I could say "well, if you don't like the way people mod here, then don't fucking post on this site".

Both of the above achieve nothing :fluffle:, so can we accept that the owl pics have stopped (thank fuck), that the modding wasn't perfect but what's done is done and move on?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Big G said:
I'm not directing this at anyone personally, but saying "don't look at the threads you don't like" is just retarded, obtuse and inflammatory.

I see what you mean but I actually think it's more like "if you think the thread is shit, then read another one" not obtuse and inflammatory but common sense.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Rubber Bullets said:
Well said Nath.

The fact is that there is an extremely loud minority in here that feel that if something isn't to their taste then it shouldn't be posted. Clown is a bad offender, but to be fair achieves it with a degree of wit on occasion. Mank is so vitriolic that I can no longer bring myself to read what he writes.

The CoC should be there to stop offensive, racist, sexist crap etc, or spam and commercial posting. The CoC cannot hope to put a stop to the posting of shit (by whoevers definition) as there would be little left of the forum.

This is a private forum and so freedom of speech is not an inviolable right, but if the members do not feel that it is a right to a reasonable degree then they will simply leave, witness Bodhi's comment here today.

They were just pictures, mostly unfunny, but why the fuck are we arguing about them? If you really care then turn off images like Will has done.

RB
/applaud :cheers: and Gumbos bit up there too. Spot on.

Clown

Part of the furniture
gr80sd.jpg

ECA

I am a FH squatter
This thread, given the title, has not met its caps lock or inane shit such as "ZOMG!"!!!!!" quotient.

Will

/bin/su
Ok, everyone can chill out. I'm still in charge (sort of) in here, and things should be back to normal. No thought police type actions or taste moderation will be attempted on you cocks unless I'm away or I decide to fuck with you all for a bit. Or if you piss someone off. Or something.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Big G said:
so can we accept that the owl pics have stopped (thank fuck),

…………………………………….__,,,,,,,---,,,,,,_…………………………………………………………
…………………………_,,,--~’’¯¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’-,,_………………………………………………….
…………………….,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’~,_……………………………………………
…………………,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~-,,………………………………………
……………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; _,,_ ; ; ;¯’-,…………………………………..
…………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’_ ¯’-,\ ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………………
…………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,,-~’’’’’~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-‘;;;’, : :||; ; ; ; ; ‘,……………………………….
……….,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘/ :,-~’’~, : ‘,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,-‘ : // ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………………..
……..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,| : ‘-,;;;;,-‘ : /’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ¯’’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,……………………………
…….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,,___,,-~’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………………….
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-,;;’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-………………………….
……,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |…………………………
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-‘,;;;;|’’-~ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………
......| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;---,,,,,,,_,,,,-~’’, ‘-,;;;| ,,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’~-,,,_ , , , , , , ‘,;,’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;\……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,~-,, , ,,’’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
……’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘’-,,¯’’;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,_,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,………………………
…….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………..
……..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; \…………………….
………\ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,……………………
……….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|……………………
………..| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………….
………..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,--~~--,, ; ; ; ; ;,--------,, ; ,--~, ; ; ,,-~, ; ;,--,,;,,-~~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………..
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘’ . ,,--,, . ‘-, ; ; ; ;| . ,-,, . ‘, | . . | ; ;’-, . .\,,/ . ./’-,,--, . ‘, ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,………………
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; | . .,’ ; ; ;’, . .| ; ; ; | . .’-‘ . ,-‘ | . . | ; ; ; ‘-, . . .,-‘ ; ;,-‘ . ,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………….
…………’, ; ; ; ; ; ;’, . ‘-,__,-‘ . ,’ ; ; ; | . .|\ . .\ . | . . |___ ; ;} . . / ; ; ;’----‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………….
………….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,,_ . ._,,-‘ ; ; ; ; |__| .\__\ ;|_____/ ; ;/__/ ; ; ; ; (¯) ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………
…….......’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,………
…………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-,,_……

Hur, hur, hur... ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You just have to have the final leet word dont you Sick :D

Class though :worthy:

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Bodhi said:
They're only pictures ffs, if you dont like em don't look at em. Hardly brain surgery is it? In fact it kinda sums up why I don't post here much any more, the forum's getting as dry as a nun's ****, and as soon as anything intereting happens the thread gets locked.

Yes RLY.

Yes. You sanctimonious prats.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Chilly said:
that's some might fine ascii art there, sick!

More some mighty fine copy+pasting, guys. ;)

It's not mine but I thought it was good for a laugh in conjunction with Big G's post, hehe.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Will said:
Ok, everyone can chill out. I'm still in charge (sort of) in here, and things should be back to normal. No thought police type actions or taste moderation will be attempted on you cocks unless I'm away or I decide to fuck with you all for a bit. Or if you piss someone off. Or something.

Thank fuck for that.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Uncle Sick said:
More some mighty fine copy+pasting, guys. ;)

It's not mine but I thought it was good for a laugh in conjunction with Big G's post, hehe.

ASCII pic was clever! :clap:

I challenge you to this Sick, find a magic eye one :p

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Big G said:
ASCII pic was clever! :clap:

I challenge you to this Sick, find a magic eye one :p

orly_japanese.jpg

Even better... I found the asian one (on behalf of Clown).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom